Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-24 04:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
The official POL update page said:
*This development screenshot may not represent the final product.

Obviously they're not using the exact same idea because they have different stats on there, so they changed something up. Who says they didn't scrap the idea and go for the much fairer (and easier to program) single body augmentable armors?

Because that's boring, there's no way they'll introduce a new system and only enable it for three pieces.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-03-24 10:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nuevo Coselete with acc+10 and sTP+4 seem like a nice alternative to Hauby IF you didn't chose Rajas or haven't got it yet, and want another way of getting a 6 hit while unlocking another piece of armor for other things other than sTP.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-24 10:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems to be that specific list of augments for those three pieces and that there will be a separate augmenting system for other gear.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Server: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-03-24 10:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Royal Redingote
DEF:40 MP+20 INT+5 CHR+5 MND+5
Pet: Acc+15 R.Acc+15
Lv.75 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

Now I have a good body for SMN, and not have to rely on day of the week to get super uber on Garuda (3 mp per tick Garuda on all days except Windsday, then 2 mp per tick Garuda on Windsday).

I know, why not get a YYRobe?

No Acc for avatars.... Plus, -1 perp cost more than YY robe...

You know, I guess I'm the only SMN who enjoys playing SMN....

Nobody has said anything about putting any SMN ***on this...

I'd go with Pet: Mag.Acc/MAB+7 > acc+15 - since you already have 300TP when you merrited group2 to max for the second stat. Idk... honestly what i'll choose, gotta give it some more thought ><
 Ragnarok.Aldea
Server: Ragnarok
user: Aldea
By Ragnarok.Aldea 2009-03-24 11:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think as a DNC I have to go with ACC + STP/SB. I could go ACC/EVA to make a better SH but i think the loss to evasion isn't all that much of a problem compared to the benefits of extra store TP.

I can now get up to Store TP +12: This + Rajas + C.Chain + Ecphoria Ring + Brutal Earring. And that seems pretty good to me!

Any other DNCs have alternative thoughts?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-24 11:16:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dirtyfinger said:
Nuevo Coselete with acc+10 and sTP+4 seem like a nice alternative to Hauby IF you didn't chose Rajas or haven't got it yet, and want another way of getting a 6 hit while unlocking another piece of armor for other things other than sTP.

This also provides a way for a Sam to achieve 6 hit build and a full haste build before getting Usu feet. (Stp pieces only w/ 450 GKT)

Before - TP - Hachiman Kote / Brutal Earring / Rajas Ring
WS - Rajas Ring / Brutal Earring

Nuevo - TP - Nuevo (acc+10/stp+4) / Brutal Earring / Ecphoria Ring / Rajas Ring
WS - Brutal Earring / Rajas Ring / Hachiman Sun-ate

The question is, is it worth the stat loss.

Comparing old TP set vs new TP set and old WS set vs new WS set (affected pieces only)

Old TP - Body/ Haubergeon +1 6str 6dex 16acc 16att
Hand/ Hachiman Kote 4str 3att (latent active over 100 = never)
Ring/ Iota Ring 3dex 5acc

New TP - Body/ Nuevo 5str 5dex 14acc 4att
Hand/ Dusk Gloves 5att 3%Haste
Ring/ Ecphoria 4acc

Eliminating like stats - (old)5str 4dex 3acc 10att VS (new) 3% Haste

Old WS - Feet/ Rutter Sabo 3str 7att

New WS - Feet/ Hachi Sun-ate 2str 2acc 1att

Eliminating like stats - (old) 1str 6att VS 2acc

Looking for opinions here. Is the gain of 3% haste on tp phase and 2acc on ws phase worth the loss of 5str,4dex,3acc,10att on tp phase and 1str,6att on ws phase.
Keep also in mind that adding dusk gloves will push my Sam's haste from 16% to 19%
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-24 12:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

My Haste build (Darkmoose, SAM) is:

Walmart Turban (5%), Dusk Gloves (3%), Swift Belt (4%), Byakko's Haidate (5%), Fuma Sune-Ate (3%)

For overall 20% with 6-hit intact through TP and WS.

It dumps a lot of Accuracy gear with that setup, but I carry my TP-Accuracy set with me so it's easy to shift on the fly. Heck, I usually have my Evasion stuff on me all the time, too.

Only need 11 from gear with 5/5 merits, so Rajas/Askar/Brutal = win for me

For SAM without Askar, 4 STP Nuevo would allow for 11 STP with Rajas (5), Brutal (1), Chivalrous (1), still allowing 20% Haste without /DRG and capped to 25% /DRG.

One of the best things about these is that it seems inferred that they can be re-quested, so if you wanted to do something like get Nuevo with STP/Acc until you finish CoP or something else and then change it up once you don't need the STP anymore for 6-Hit...

THAT is pretty cool.

I'm still leaning toward R.Atk/R.Acc for SAM/RNG use in place of Osode, but Enmity/Fast Cast would sure be nice for PLD. If they can be requested, I guess I'll just have to check it out.

Besides, whenever the Medal rank and Iron Ram body comes out, if it has a truckload of Enmity and MdB on it, that kind of makes the choice different, too.
 Seraph.Shyral
Server: Seraph
user: shyral
By Seraph.Shyral 2009-03-24 13:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm...Tried to quickly scroll through the last 7 pages to see what was being said about aguments for Mirke in respect for RNG.

What I didn't seem to find was that with an add of RATK +10 on the Mirke Waldecor, this piece provides the same benefits of Archer's Jupon (my current body armor of choice for TPing) and without the -10 RACC.

If you then add in +5% Snapshot this becomes IMO the best TP body piece for RNG period. Combined with full merited Snapshot and Velocity Shot, that's a ranged attack delay of -30%!!! For RNGs, who don't benefit from Haste, and who honestly don't have much problem with RACC at lvl 75, I think the RATK +10 and Snapshot +5% are the way to go.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-24 13:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shyral said:
Hmm...Tried to quickly scroll through the last 7 pages to see what was being said about aguments for Mirke in respect for RNG.

What I didn't seem to find was that with an add of RATK +10 on the Mirke Waldecor, this piece provides the same benefits of Archer's Jupon (my current body armor of choice for TPing) and without the -10 RACC.

If you then add in +5% Snapshot this becomes IMO the best TP body piece for RNG period. Combined with full merited Snapshot and Velocity Shot, that's a ranged attack delay of -30%!!! For RNGs, who don't benefit from Haste, and who honestly don't have much problem with RACC at lvl 75, I think the RATK +10 and Snapshot +5% are the way to go.

When I was looking at BG last night, using the body for rng was between 10Racc and snapshot vs 10Ratt and snapshot. Most likely depends on what you use the job for most.
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-03-24 14:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ive been thinking this exact thing ever since i saw the body and those upgrades. im definitely goin Mirke - ratk +10, snapshot +5%
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-03-24 17:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, for Rng, I think it's also based on your playing style. I prefer using R. Att foods over sushi, so I would probably go with the +10 R. Att/R.Acc to help compensate for the food R.acc bonus

Speaking of which, I've been playing Rng for years. Long ago I made an excel spreadsheet to caculate optimal stats for highest WS damage. It is lost forever (god it was a pain with all the formulas) and now I'm just looking for a way to calculate my Ranged Attack (I hate you SE for not letting us see it like you can with Attack!)
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 11:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone wanted to know, the price for the registration pre-release code on POL is $9.99 US dollars. Sorry I dunno the conversion for euros, pounds, yin, and so on.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-25 11:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

£7.99

€Who.GivesAFuck
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-25 11:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent read all 7 pages, but i checked this link http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/addon/.

Am I misstaken, or do they charge you $ 9.99 for this? They dont give you a DVD or anything for it, you just have to pay $ 9.99 to get access to something that is already there?

If I'm gonna pay that for an "expansion", atleast I want a DVD to go with that.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-25 11:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You download the content next version update. It'll be automatically installed if you've purchased the rights for it. It's either this or ship it on CD / DVD. I'd prefer to pay £7.99 than the £19 I paid for WotG anyday.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-25 11:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

still doesnt feel like a real expansion, just another way for them to make money. They might just as well say "Hey, we made new gear in game, but everyone that wanna use it has to pay us $10"
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-25 11:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
still doesnt feel like a real expansion, just another way for them to make money

But it would be on a disc still, which would lead to resentment due to paying the full price for a DVD for a bunch of content that was small enough in size to download and install and save buying a DVD.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 11:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
still doesnt feel like a real expansion, just another way for them to make money. They might just as well say "Hey, we made new gear in game, but everyone that wanna use it has to pay us $10"

They did say that, thats why they are calling them mini add-on's and not expansions.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 11:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not shipped, when i purchased it, it said that it will be added from the update when you purchase it. They even sent it to my email >.>

Thank you for using PlayOnline. Below you will find the FINAL FANTASY XI registration code(s) you purchased from "Purchase Optional Services" under "Membership." Your Expanded Services registration has already been completed and you will be able to use the purchased Expanded Services immediately.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 11:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Also said that NPCs will be added for when you purchase and it downloads at update.

It's not going to be dvd/cd since they wouldve made the price 59.99 or whatever high price they want.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-25 11:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I should be thankfull that they didnt decide to charge you $10 when they added so you could warp from upper jeuno to whitegate <.< "mini add-on my ***"
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 11:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you purchase it, you will have access to the npc's for the augmenting etc. if you dont then you just get the regular update.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-25 12:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanno said:
Guess I should be thankfull that they didnt decide to charge you $10 when they added so you could warp from upper jeuno to whitegate <.< "mini add-on my ***"

You do realize this is coming with a whole new story line, new gear and the new augmenting system right? It's not pay 10 dollars for 3 body pieces.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 12:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question for anyone that's done the preorder, is this all through POL? Can I just say I want it and it'll charge the card on my account, or is it third party like the D2D stuff?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-25 12:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all through POL.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 12:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Quick question for anyone that's done the preorder, is this all through POL? Can I just say I want it and it'll charge the card on my account, or is it third party like the D2D stuff?

>.> I answered that lol its through the POL you dont have to put any information, just password if not saved to log on to your account.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 12:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hitetsu said:
It's all through POL.

Thanks! ^^

Alyria said:
>.> I answered that lol its through the POL you dont have to put any information, just password if not saved to log on to your account.

Sorry didn't read back through the whole thread...
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-25 12:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

tisk tisk that's what happens when you have ADD! lol jk :P reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :P
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-25 13:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
tisk tisk that's what happens when you have ADD! lol jk :P reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :P

I nevur lurnd 2 reed gud D:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8