Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-23 16:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Royal Redingote
DEF:40 MP+20 INT+5 CHR+5 MND+5
Pet: Acc+15 R.Acc+15
Lv.75 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

Now I have a good body for SMN, and not have to rely on day of the week to get super uber on Garuda (3 mp per tick Garuda on all days except Windsday, then 2 mp per tick Garuda on Windsday).

I know, why not get a YYRobe?

No Acc for avatars.... Plus, -1 perp cost more than YY robe...
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 16:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

O.ingot is 200k on Fairy at least, and 100% drop from that KSNM30, and it can drop a 2nd one or another high-priced item like D.cloth or D.ingot. Pld/Nin DD/NINx3-4 and 1-2 healers is how I usually do the set up, easy to get ppl if you shout that the ingot is 100% too.

Personally I'm going for the Mnk one with ACC and ATK.
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-03-23 17:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted thf to be able to wear Nuevo ; ;

I dont like the look of that other set, but I may just build a range + on that body for when i need/want it.

It does have possiblities for WS, but...
I personally liked how it was easy to find gear, there was this that was better then all that for this reason, but this gear is really gonna start the shake-up of that singular thinking. which is a good thing XD
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-03-23 17:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirke waldecors
{Body} All Races
Def:42 HP+10 MP+10 STR+5 DEX+5 AGI+5 (Augments Evasion+10 Accuracy+10)
Lv. 75 MNK/THF/BST/RNG/NIN/BLU/COR/PUP/DNC

Goodbye Scorpion Harness/+1
 Caitsith.Brodiewan
Server: Caitsith
user: brodiewan
By Caitsith.Brodiewan 2009-03-23 17:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Royal Redingote
Magic Acc+4
Fast Cast Enhancement

being a bard with no fast cast every lil bit help imo would be a great piece for meripos maybe... could be a poor mans marduk body
 Shiva.Ventia
Server: Shiva
user: Ventia
By Shiva.Ventia 2009-03-23 17:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirke waldecors
{Body} All Races
Def:42 HP+10 MP+10 STR+5 DEX+5 AGI+5
Magic Atk. Bonus +4
Quick Draw ability delay -5

[yes, please]

If I didn't have Skadi already I'd go for the racc and atk. Happy to see that they are making some nice add-ons overall. Pet jobs get a nice bonus from this stuff. ^^
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 17:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I just looked up the armors to see how they look, and the Mirke Waldercors looks terrible. :<
 Unicorn.Sedres
Server: Unicorn
user: Sedres
By Unicorn.Sedres 2009-03-23 17:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast Cast and Enmity for the PLD body, racc/ratk for the COR body. All my other jobs (DRK SAM BLU) don't really benefit much from the other combinations... If I ever get around to using QD for damage I might go for matk/QD-5.

Maybe acc+sTP for DRK/SAM, Fast Cast for BLU... but personally I don't seem that being worthwhile considering the pieces sacrificed in their place.

PS those body pieces look REALLY AWFUL in my opinion...
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 18:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they'd be ok looking with different colors, perhaps darker colors.
 Ifrit.Danzigg
Server: Ifrit
user: dimebag2
By Ifrit.Danzigg 2009-03-23 18:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

u just get this for getting the new saga thingy?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-23 19:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
I just looked up the armors to see how they look, and the Mirke Waldercors looks terrible. :<

Personally I think the Royal Redingote looks worse. The Nuevo Coselete is the only half-decent looking one among them, and what's up with 2 of the pieces having ties to San d'Oria?
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-03-23 19:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That
Nightfyre said:
Yakutatazu said:

Personally I think the Royal Redingote looks worse. The Nuevo Coselete is the only half-decent looking one among them, and what's up with 2 of the pieces having ties to San d'Oria?

The sad part is that I don't see how they can not make any other armor look as sick as the salvage gear.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-03-23 19:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Syagin said:
That
Nightfyre said:
Yakutatazu said:

The sad part is that I don't see how they can not make any other armor look as sick as the salvage gear.

Skadi's kinda ugly, but the other sets look pretty nice imo.
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-03-23 19:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Gah, this has me torn ;;

I have Askar/Osode for my Sam so I'm not too worried about that.

For Mnk, adding +10 Acc and either +10 Att or the +4 STP/SB would be nice. But I have an Osode and am currently working on Usu set (god knows how long that will be.)

For Rng though, +10 R.Acc and +10 R.Att would be amazing. Add in the +5 Str/Agi for Sidewinder mod and it would replace my Osode in a heartbeat.

For Blu, I would have to stay with my AF2 body, I love the +10 Acc, 20 MP and Refresh.

For Bst, I would go with the Call Beast ability delay -15 and the DA/CR +2%

So, we are only gonna be able to have one at a time huh? I'm thinking either getting for Mnk or Rng.
 Bahamut.Lorddarkshade
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lorddarkshade 2009-03-23 20:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Being DRG and BLM 75 (plans for PLD 75) and since I already have Zahak's Mail for my DRG (which I main) the only thing I could think of would be making a Nuevo Coselete with Double Attack+2% and Accuracy+10 to be a TP piece (to be used as a fake Askar/Homam) and to use my Zahak's Mail as a WS piece. Any ideas or recommendations?
-Shade
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-23 20:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For all those brd's looking at getting fast cast +5%... wouldn't yigit or sha'ir be better?

As for blu, I have STR/DEX+5 and +15 blu magic skill on AF+1, so there's nothing I can augment that will top that.

For tp I have relic which has refresh, so unless they decide to add refresh as one of the augments (in which case I'd add fast cast +5%, don't need the 10 acc and fast cast would help for utsu and head butt) then the only option there is the fast cast if I want to blink even more than I do already.

On the plus side, they did mention that you can throw out your gear and get it again after completing the necessary requirements (repeating a *** hard BC like Ark angels probably), so there will be a chance to test them out and change them.

While it hasn't been mentioned, there's also a chance that the augments will be able to be changed without throwing out your gear (throwing it and getting a new one would be if you wanted to change the base piece, not the augment). Obviously don't know if this is the case or not, but it would be really nice if it was. They could even do it like blu magic, in that you can change it whenever you want, but you can't perform any actions at all for 1 minute after.

Now for some other hypotheticals, they've shown that the Gambison (a blank body piece) can also be augmented, but it showed +10 HP/MP or VIT+5 STR+3 as options, which shows that there are different or additional augmenting options for blank gear. I'm guessing that you will only be able to augment blank bodies, but supposing you can add any 2 stats/hp/mp or anything on that augment list, and add them to any blank head/body/hands/legs/feet, what would you do?

For me, I'd probably go STR and DEX (provided I can add more than 3 of each) to a foot item.
I might also add +4 macc and MAB to a leg item to replace the only reason I need denali kecks (that still won't drop)
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-23 22:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Royal Redingote
Pet: Acc+15 R.Acc+15
Lv.75 WHM BLM RDM BRD SMN SCH

Now I have a good body for SMN, and not have to rely on day of the week to get super uber on Garuda (3 mp per tick Garuda on all days except Windsday, then 2 mp per tick Garuda on Windsday).

I know, why not get a YYRobe?

No Acc for avatars.... Plus, -1 perp cost more than YY robe...

You know, I guess I'm the only SMN who enjoys playing SMN....

Nobody has said anything about putting any SMN ***on this...
 Fairy.Antigone
user: jarredpoe
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-03-23 22:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirke Waldecors
DEF:42 HP+10 MP+10 STR+5 DEX+5 AGI+5
Lv.75 MNK THF BST RNG NIN BLU COR PUP DNC
Pet: Magic Accuracy +7 Magic Attack Bonus +7
Attack +10
Would be a great body for PUP with Spiritreaver Head and Pantin Babouches

Pet: Attack +15 Ranged Attack +15 and
Pet: Double Attack +2% Critical Hit rate +2%
are also being considered but tbh its kinda hard to give up that Attack +10 for PUP....
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-23 22:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Antigone said:
Mirke Waldecors
Attack +10

are also being considered but tbh its kinda hard to give up that Attack +10 for PUP....

Doesn't the automation do all the damage anyway?

Aren't PUPs just one big lolwtfitstryingtoDDbutitfailssomuch DD?
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-03-23 22:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Antigone said:
Mirke Waldecors
Attack +10

Doesn't the automation do all the damage anyway?

Aren't PUPs just one big lolwtfitstryingtoDDbutitfailssomuch DD?

Not really. Just imagine a gimp monk being there too.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-03-23 22:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You know, I guess I'm the only SMN who enjoys playing SMN....

Nobody has said anything about putting any SMN ***on this...

my roomate and i were discussing augmenting one with perp and acc or attck as a "tp build" type piece and then one with acc / attack and/or pet crit / DA etc for "avatar ws" etc

of course we didnt mention pup because.... lol but if you did you could make a wanna be togi with attack and acc or crit
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 22:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
For all those brd's looking at getting fast cast +5%... wouldn't yigit or sha'ir be better?

Well, fast cast+Macc would be more macc for landing debuffs than speed. That example would have more songs land debuffs better than manteel, also.. although slower playing the song, the recast would most likely be faster too.

Blazza said:
Now for some other hypotheticals, they've shown that the Gambison (a blank body piece) can also be augmented, but it showed +10 HP/MP or VIT+5 STR+3 as options, which shows that there are different or additional augmenting options for blank gear. I'm guessing that you will only be able to augment blank bodies, but supposing you can add any 2 stats/hp/mp or anything on that augment list, and add them to any blank head/body/hands/legs/feet, what would you do?

ACC/ATK+10 to head/hands/legs/boots for Asuran Fists just sounds broken.. Chakra VIT mods for boots/legs.. STR/DA boots for Sam.. CHR/Macc boots for Brd.. etc
 Fairy.Antigone
user: jarredpoe
By Fairy.Antigone 2009-03-23 22:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

No the PUPs do there share of dmg, I mean we are by no means a full fledge MNK but we can still do our share.... and if you parse the PUP and auto together we can out parse alot of DDs....
But this isn't a PUP thread so this is all I'm writing on the subject.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-23 23:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
ACC/ATK+10 to head/hands/legs/boots for Asuran Fists just sounds broken..

Another reason why it will probably only be body pieces that can be augmented, or perhaps that list of augments is unique to those three R/E body pieces, and blanks will only have stats/hp/mp.

Or, and I think this is a likely possibility, what if you can only have 1 augmented blank, regardless of what it is? Otherwise, how would macros work if you could have two pieces of gear with the same name, but different stats?
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 23:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good question.. perhaps new names for armor with each combination of augments..

Edit: They gave different names to items with different stats already.. like the brave belt series.
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2009-03-24 00:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
That's a good question.. perhaps new names for armor with each combination of augments..

Edit: They gave different names to items with different stats already.. like the brave belt series.

That would make sense, but the pictures from playonline say it is not so.
 Odin.Arnor
user: arnor
By Odin.Arnor 2009-03-24 00:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

is it all gear? weapons included or just armor? i can just imagine putting strength on hagun :x
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-24 02:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Arnor said:
is it all gear? weapons included or just armor? i can just imagine putting strength on hagun :x

I'm about 90-95% sure that you can only augment those LV75 body pieces.
 Phoenix.Centinal
Server: Phoenix
user: centinal
By Phoenix.Centinal 2009-03-24 02:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Check this post..
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-24 02:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The official POL update page said:
*This development screenshot may not represent the final product.

Obviously they're not using the exact same idea because they have different stats on there, so they changed something up. Who says they didn't scrap the idea and go for the much fairer (and easier to program) single body augmentable armors?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8