A Crystaline Prophecy armor revealed
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 14:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Outside of some very specific use, I think anyone that is going to use the body as a perma melee piece should choose ACC+10 as one of their Augments. Body pieces w/o acc are just kinda fail.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 14:59:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
Frobeus said:
Yakutatazu said:
I highly doubt you will be able to augment items like Hauby. Being able to do so would make HQs worthless and ruin the economy even more. I can already see this ruining SH value, if you can add 10 ACC 10 EVA both to the same piece of gear. My guess is there will be some limitation, say maybe.. 1 stat and 1 ability mod, such as 10 RACC and Quick Draw.

This doesn't make sense. +1 items are still going to have higher base stats than the NQ after you augment them. It wouldn't depreciate their value at all.
6Str,6Dex,12Acc,12Att with say STP added is still better than 5Str,5Dex,10Acc,10Att with STP added.

Also, can anyone copypasta the BG post with this info, for work blocked people PRZ :D

If SE let's us do any bodies it will not include HQs at all. Look at crafting, you can upgrade an item into another item like Hauby > Hauberk but you cannot use the HQ to synth that. Adding DA and crits would make a rq Hauby > hq Hauby, and if you could add onto existing stats like you said with Ace's Helm then a Hauby with 20 acc and 20 atk would just be broken. I was only stating that they would not let us add to items like Hauby b/c of this broken factor.

I wasn't referring to any of the new bodies either, until I read posts after the one I made I didn't even know what the new bodies were.

This is only assumed and not fact. But yeah, if they give us the same augment options for existing gear it would be broken to hell.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-03-23 15:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Outside of some very specific use, I think anyone that is going to use the body as a perma melee piece should choose ACC+10 as one of their Augments. Body pieces w/o acc are just kinda fail.

I can agree with this. Thinking again on my choice, DA or Crit+? What would you folks prefer on Nuevo?
STR DEX Acc and Crit can make for a really nice multi hit ws piece, but would it trump DA...
 Odin.Aramina
Server: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-03-23 15:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, imagine NQ Byrnie with 10 Acc and 10 more Atk on it....
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 15:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyjazz said:
Frobeus said:

I can agree with this. Thinking again on my choice, DA or Crit+? What would you folks prefer on Nuevo?
STR DEX Acc and Crit can make for a really nice multi hit ws piece, but would it trump DA...

You sir have posed a tough question. I think personally I would take DA over crit since DA will apply to all WS and not just crit based ones.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 15:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:

Agreed, the only thing one should be confused on is the other augment. For DD melee pieces though
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-23 15:20:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

If you use multi-hit WSes most often, go with +Crit
If you use single hit hard hitting WSes more, go +DA%
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 15:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Jimmyjazz said:
Frobeus said:

You sir have posed a tough question. I think personally I would take DA over crit since DA will apply to all WS and not just crit based ones.

Well for MNK which primarily uses Asuran Fists, DA is a waste. For all other DDs like Sam, I would agree on DA.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 15:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

Well I thought about that at first too, but it has been shown that pole grip is universally the best grip ahead of brave and the crit one, wouldn't the same apply here since they are the same %'s.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 15:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yakutatazu said:
Frobeus said:
Jimmyjazz said:
Frobeus said:

Well for MNK which primarily uses Asuran Fists, DA is a waste. For all other DDs like Sam, I would agree on DA.

Interesting for mnk. This with ACC/crit combined w/ destroyers could be a pretty nice tp body > swap to togi for asuran.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 15:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Interesting for mnk. This with ACC/crit combined w/ destroyers could be a pretty nice tp body > swap to togi for asuran.

Tbh for MNK you could debate on 10 acc/atk > Togi. Depending on the rest of your gear 10 atk vs 5 str is debatable. Losing the -50hp and gaining hp on the new body would favor the new body as well.

Edit: Took out a lot of the previous quoting due to the wall it was making.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-23 15:33:44

Frobeus said:
Artemicion said:

Well I thought about that at first too, but it has been shown that pole grip is universally the best grip ahead of brave and the crit one, wouldn't the same apply here since they are the same %'s.

Well since you're speaking of two handed weapons with grips, the only weapon I know of that typically uses multi-hit WSes over single hit ones is polearm. Personally I've had significantly stronger Penta Thrusts as SAM with Claymore Grip than Pole Grip.

The reason why Pole Grip is more universally accepted is because the double attack helps TP gain as well as certain (most) 2 handed weapon weapon skills. However if you attack quickly and rely on multi hit WSes like MNK and THF do, I'd go for +crit over +DA.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 15:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you went ACC/ATT augments it would be > than togi for mnk.
That's essentially togi vs haub argument on sam.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 15:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:
Artemicion said:

Well since you're speaking of two handed weapons with grips, the only weapon I know of that typically uses multi-hit WSes over single hit ones is polearm. Personally I've had significantly stronger Penta Thrusts as SAM with Claymore Grip than Pole Grip.

The reason why Pole Grip is more universally accepted is because the double attack helps TP gain as well as certain (most) 2 handed weapon weapon skills. However if you attack quickly and rely on multi hit WSes like MNK and THF do, I'd go for +crit over +DA.

The original question was asking about WAR. Asuran doesn't crit and only Evis can for thf, DA would still be better.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-03-23 15:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking along the lines of Raging Rush, Rampage and King's Justice (once I finish unlocking it) as I mostly use war for meripo and occasionally things like sky farming. hmmm... decisions... Thanks for input!^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-23 15:46:22

Frobeus said:
The original question was asking about WAR.

Ah, well then I can see the choice being tough since Gaxe mulit-hit only goes up to 3 hits, and it'd be difficult to tell if having them crit or having an extra hit would help the most, but since WAR has a natural DA trait, stacking it up IMO would be best.

Frobeus said:
Asuran doesn't crit

False. Just look at the difference between full contact Asurans w/ Destroyers, and full contact Asurans with Hades Santi. You will see crit-hits shine through on the Destroyer Asurans easily.

Frobeus said:
and only Evis can for thf, DA would still be better.

Just because a weapon skill doesn't have a natural TP modifier catering to critical hit, doesn't mean a WS itself cannot critical hit. I think the main difference between whether to go crit or DA is ask yourself how often you use multi-hit WSes and how many hits are there? In my opinion, anything more than 3 hits should be +Crit.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 15:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Penta Thurst on birds with Mighty Strikes is sex! Hell I beat Maat on War using a Polearm with 2 WS and the fight was done. For the body War can use I would say DA and never look back, but for the Mnk/Thf one it would be between Crits and Atk for me.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 15:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:
The original question was asking about WAR.

Ah, well then I can see the choice being tough since Gaxe mulit-hit only goes up to 3 hits, and it'd be difficult to tell if having them crit or having an extra hit would help the most, but since WAR has a natural DA trait, stacking it up IMO would be best.

Frobeus said:
Asuran doesn't crit

False. Just look at the difference between full contact Asurans w/ Destroyers, and full contact Asurans with Hades Santi. You will see crit-hits shine through on the Destroyer Asurans easily.

Frobeus said:
and only Evis can for thf, DA would still be better.

Just because a weapon skill doesn't have a natural TP modifier catering to critical hit, doesn't mean a WS itself cannot critical hit. I think the main difference between whether to go crit or DA is ask yourself how often you use multi-hit WSes and how many hits are there? In my opinion, anything more than 3 hits should be +Crit.

Unless a WS says Crit in the description it cannot crit unless forced with Mighty Strikes or SA = fact.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-23 15:55:32

Frobeus said:
Unless a WS says Crit in the description it cannot crit unless forced with Mighty Strikes or SA = fact.

Sorry bud, I have to disagree with you there.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 15:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

You can disagree all you like, but this is common knowledge for quite some time now.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-23 16:00:41

Frobeus said:
Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

You can disagree all you like, but this is common knowledge for quite some time now.

Lol if you say so. But I urge you to take a look at Penta Thrusts with Gondo-shizunori and Asuran Fists with Destroyers and tell me if you still feel the same about that.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 16:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to agree with Destroyers seeming to add Crits to Asuran Fists. WS dmg varies too much with them on and that's with all hit connecting. But perhaps it's b/c of the weapon.

Edit: It's all probably just Dmg resists or something, normal hits vary a lot as well, crit or not.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 16:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry Art, not trying to be a Jackass bro, but your just wrong. This game mechanic has been worked out LONG time ago. I do use destroyers on mnk and have never seen anything that would lead me to believe that asuran can crit. Also on Sam I've parsed out gondo vs tomoe and tomoe won each time along with higher spikes.

This is what makes Drakesbane so much better than Penta. The fact that Drakes can crit and Penta can't.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-23 16:16:09

Frobeus said:
Sorry Art, not trying to be a Jackass bro, but your just wrong. This game mechanic has been worked out LONG time ago. I do use destroyers on mnk and have never seen anything that would lead me to believe that asuran can crit. Also on Sam I've parsed out gondo vs tomoe and tomoe won each time along with higher spikes.

This is what makes Drakesbane so much better than Penta. The fact that Drakes can crit and Penta can't.

Then why would Destroyers be almost just as good as Relic H2H in previously tested parses? Tomoe has 1 more base DMG over a gondo, however, what the Tomoe has going for it is consistency since it has rounded out bonuses in attack and accuracy, without varying base damage and a 6% critical strike rate like the gondo. Gondo shines through those random chance spikes of critical hits within the WS. Perhaps you just got unlucky on that 6% bonus, but i've managed to dish out 1500+ pentas on Mamools with a gondo assuming of course that was from a majority of my hits from penta being critical.

Drakesbane shines because it has TP catering critical hit % twords it as opposed to just plain accuracy from Penta Thrust.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-23 16:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

look how bout you guys transfer, help me get destroyers, and then we can do a skill up pt to break my latent and then we can all test it out together :)
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-03-23 16:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Frobeus said:

Then why would Destroyers be almost just as good as Relic H2H in previously tested parses? Tomoe has 1 more base DMG over a gondo, however, what the Tomoe has going for it is consistency since it has rounded out bonuses in attack and accuracy, without varying base damage and a 6% critical strike rate like the gondo. Gondo shines through those random chance spikes of critical hits within the WS. Perhaps you just got unlucky on that 6% bonus, but i've managed to dish out 1500+ pentas on Mamools with a gondo assuming of course that was from a majority of my hits from penta being critical.

Drakesbane shines because it has TP catering critical hit % twords it as opposed to just plain accuracy from Penta Thrust.

Destroyers parse so high in short b/c Mnk is going to get the majority of its damage during the tp phase of its attacks and not the ws phase. Due to the sheir number of strikes that a mnk will put out makes that Crit% shine. I'll post ya a link on this thread when i get home and can access all the other ffxi sites (stupid blocks at work)
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 16:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have an orb for Double Drag and Royal Ramble in my MH too :) I'd suggest doing some Royal Ramble runs though, fight isn't that hard, great gil and destroyers drop almost every run with 6 orbs.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-03-23 16:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Destroyers parse so high in short b/c Mnk is going to get the majority of its damage during the tp phase of its attacks and not the ws phase. Due to the sheir number of strikes that a mnk will put out makes that Crit% shine. I'll post ya a link on this thread when i get home and can access all the other ffxi sites (stupid blocks at work)

This is why I'd have a tough time deciding between Crit+3 and Atk+10. I'm Mnk main, and thus DoT is king to me :)
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-23 16:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Iunno about you guys, but I'm going to get that Nuevo set and my augmentations will be:

-5 Enmity
+5 Enmity

And on a more serious note, I'm thinking Mirke body, Dual Wield+3%, DA+2% for NIN. Serious upgrade from NIN AF body for TPing.

P.S. Sorry, Arty. WSs can't crit unless the TP mod specifically says they can.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-23 16:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm yea i got some seals to use for it, saved it for destroyers and making gil would be cool.

So froby, yaku, and art come transfer to do royal ramble with me!! lol jk

Anyways you guys are going off topic. Get back to augmenting :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8