First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Dezaar
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-13 11:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
back on topic: I think it's nice they're removing some of those BLU spells especially 1000 needles was a pain in the *** waiting for it to land.

Lastly, I know many people get emp upgrade items really easily, I don't think it's "challenging" but I do think it's annoying as hell camping Gukumatz while 20 other people are standing in the field to claim every 15 minutes. It's been something I've worried about for when the servers do merge just how much more competition there will be for it. I hope they figure out a way to alleviate that type of ***.

IMO, this is why they adjusting these items. Server merger = more competition. Which is part of MMO BUT having multiple avenues isn't necessarily a bad thing.
[+]
 Siren.Liquidsilk
Server: Siren
By Siren.Liquidsilk 2011-04-13 11:49:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Too many people here with sandy vagina syndrome.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-04-13 11:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Bloodcat said:
rawr Abyssea >:D can't wait for this update so this happens more

Yeah, I like watching people with sub par gear use 4x the people they need for kills too. /highfive
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Krush
Server: Leviathan
user: Doc2love
By Leviathan.Krush 2011-04-13 12:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Its getting to the point that these old "End Game" players from the 75lvl era are becoming the 40 year old washed up high school quarter backs that no one wants to be associated with. Its getting sad now.

Man the good ol day were great right?!

Edit:P.S Love all the updates so far thank you SE
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-13 12:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Liquidsilk said:

This, so much so this.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-13 12:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krush said:
Its getting to the point that these old "End Game" players from the 75lvl era are becoming the 40 year old washed up high school quarter backs that no one wants to be associated with. Its getting sad now.

Maybe they have Nostalgia Glasses. lol

The game's 10 years old. Things change, things get easier, it happens. Players can be proud of the accomplishments made, and they can either continue on or bow out. When I've had my fill, I'll be happy to leave this game and find something else. In the meantime, I'm still having a lot of fun in FFXI.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-13 12:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to state that I said "introduce some hard material as well" and made sure to point out that it was my opinion. It's funny that Fondue was the first one to say "umad" when the debate hadn't even got heated up. I also find it funny that the majority of the bitching is ABOUT BITCHING.

Just wanted to clarify since the last 2 pages have been solid "omg cry more" etc.
[+]
 Valefor.Bloodcat
Server: Valefor
user: Bcat
By Valefor.Bloodcat 2011-04-13 12:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Valefor.Bloodcat said:

Yeah, I like watching people with sub par gear use 4x the people they need for kills too. /highfive
lol more than half the people there were being dual/tri boxed
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-04-13 13:22:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Valefor.Bloodcat said:

I like watching people not affected by a linkshell's activities complain about what they do within their own shell.

/highfive
[+]
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-04-13 13:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Asura.Solara said:
Valefor.Bloodcat said:

I like watching people not affected by a linkshell's activities complain about what they do within their own shell.

/highfive

Cry me a river.

They made a YouTube video about it and posted it on a public forum. It takes either a lot a balls or a lot of stupidity to seriously trying to pretend that it's somehow strange to comment on it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-04-13 13:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Solara said:
Asura.Solara said:
Valefor.Bloodcat said:

/highfive

Cry me a river.

They made a YouTube video about it and posted it on a public forum. It takes either a lot a balls or a lot of stupidity to seriously trying to pretend that it's somehow strange to comment on it.
Implying I want to cry?

They had fun with it, what do you care if they gimp or pimp. Not like they affect your server in any way.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-04-13 13:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Unicorn.Crysten said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

You want the game to be hard? Self impose your own restrictions. Don't use brews, don't level sync, don't exp in abyssea. Most people like the changes. I sincerely doubt the game as a whole will turn around and once again be hardcore. This is why I say get over it.

This a thousand times. People complain that the game is too easy, yet how many people kill NMs without Cruor buffs or atmas? How many beat Rani or Shinryu the first time without a brew? Doing something for the challenge with a different strategy rather than using cookie cutter setups can breathe a lot of new life into things, really. Think of it like 360 achievements that reward you for thinking outside the box.

Agreed! People go into Abyssea with the most efficient/elite setups and whine about no challenge. Try not using RR and/or VV atmas, try some different gear, spells etc. It's like someone playing Street Fighter on the lowest difficulty setting and then whining. Plenty of ways to bump up the challenge.

There's plenty of things in this game I don't find fun, and when they turn up, I go find something that is fun. This game is HUGE. You gotta find your fun.

I walk into this thread and stumble upon this. You are so on! Yeah! People should just go into abyssea and fight NMs on level 30 jobs if they want a challenge. Being as gimp as possible when fighting NMs would make them so much more fun.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-13 14:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

as dumb as it may sound I do agree with Rayik, no one is forced to use 3 atmas but people complain that atmas make it too easy. Back before I had any atmas and barely knew wtf an Abyssea boss was I didn't think the NMs were hella easy. Not saying I would play on hard mode on purpose for fun, if I was not having a good time I personally would just not play but then again I'm not bitching about not having fun
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-13 14:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
as dumb as it may sound I do agree with Rayik, no one is forced to use 3 atmas but people complain that atmas make it too easy. Back before I had any atmas and barely knew wtf an Abyssea boss was I didn't think the NMs were hella easy. Not saying I would play on hard mode on purpose for fun, if I was not having a good time I personally would just not play but then again I'm not bitching about not having fun

That's all I meant. Going in at lvl 30 to fight NM's is a little extreme. Wouldn't even need to completely gimp yourself, just not choose the perfect 3 atma(skip RR,VV, Apoc for once) and try something else for an added challenge.

But, I think the same players screaming for a challenge are scared to death someone is going to see them not in their uber setups and think less of them. Couldn't possibly risk not e-peening for 5 seconds.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-04-13 14:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Implying I want to cry?

They had fun with it, what do you care if they gimp or pimp. Not like they affect your server in any way.

You're an American, I assumed you'd recognize a common American phrase. In retrospect, I suppose I gave you too much credit.

They don't affect my server in the least, nor does their quality remotely interest me within the game. However, they made the decision to take it outside of the game, posting a comment enabled video and embedding it into a forum thread. At that point they willingly presented it for commentary, and the "it's my 12.95" argument is invalid.

Someone posted, and I responded to their post with my opinion on the content. That is the purpose of a discussion forum right? If they wanted to exist in an in game vacuum where no one was effected, it wouldn't be posted here.

Actually, let me borrow your argument: I had fun with it, what do you care if I pointed out gimps? Not like it affects your server in any way. So why bother responding to me if you legitimately think that applies to something posted here?
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-04-13 14:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should also let us regen xp.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-04-13 14:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Although it is annoying when you're sitting on 6+ pop for a ToM item dropper and you have to waste time watching retards fumble with a NM that shouldn't take more then a few mins to kill.
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-04-13 14:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Upon reflection, since SE is making this game drool easy, I'd like to see it where you can pop more than one NM at the same time so you don't have to burn stones watching the jerrys kids play tag with Briareus.
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-04-13 14:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Krush said:

[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-04-13 14:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cossack said:
I'd like to see it where you can pop more than one NM at the same time so you don't have to burn stones watching the jerrys kids play tag with Briareus.

I'd like them to do this also on some NMs...maybe more than 1 tier 2 VNM in a zone so I don't have to sit here waiting for these dumbf***s to stop hording it for a stupid armor or weapon piece they probably won't end up using more than a day.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-04-13 14:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf? Next update might as well make it "Empyrean weapon Items dropped from exp mobs"
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-04-13 14:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Blacklion said:
wtf? Next update might as well make it "Empyrean weapon Items dropped from exp mobs"

May as well.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-04-13 14:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope that means the +2 NMs in Scars zones will drop, like, body seals or +2 hand mats. I need something to drop off of Sobek to convince peeps to help a Taru-broski out.

Sylph.Cossack said:
Upon reflection, since SE is making this game drool easy, I'd like to see it where you can pop more than one NM at the same time so you don't have to burn stones watching the jerrys kids play tag with Briareus.
I believe the same problem arises when you have three Mewtwos running around Kanto.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cossack
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-04-13 14:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Or and alternate ??? that you can just trade the pop item/ key item to and get the max amount of ToM items possible with out having to fight the monster. This way people have more flexibility and you don't have to waste as much time waiting to kill your pops, or need any friends to help you.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-13 14:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cossack

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-13 14:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
I'm all for giving players the option to increase difficulty of a game ("artificial" difficulty), but giving the devs a pass on creating an easymode game just because the option exists is a weak argument.

Endgame is an inherently meritocratic system. Such a system is hollow when every item is available to every player, especially when the only distinguishing factor is pixels. It completely fails to reward skilled Achievers. Killers are stifled by the lack of meaningful competition. Explorer-Killer archetypes are left unsatisfied because there's little need to explore battle mechanics in depth when you can just throw DD + WHM at 99% of the content. Quest-happy Explorers have been getting the shaft from SE for years so nothing's really changed there. Socializers are likely either disappointed by the lack of drama or didn't much care about endgame to begin with aside from the opportunity to do things with friends, in which case the lowman environment may not appeal to them.

Easymode looks and feels great at first, but it's a short-lived high.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-04-13 14:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Liquidsilk said:
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8