First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-04-13 09:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
..and then blu was never to be seen again.
lolno
shush ur pretty lil mouth and get to work >o
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-04-13 10:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Don't believe it. Blu is awful

Nope

Nada

Not happening

NEIN!

PT Setups now consist of BLM/BRD, BLU/NIN, WHM/RDM & MNK/WAR.

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
..and then blu was never to be seen again.
lolno
shush ur pretty lil mouth and get to work >o
lol I haven't left yet because it got pushed back a bit :P
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-13 10:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
It's the general direction they are taking the game. When everyone is running around maxed out on gear easily and there is not much else to do = dying game.

So *** quit the game already. You're entitled to your opinion but at this point it's not exactly news. I have yet to see you mention one aspect of the game you enjoy, or have any iota of praise for any kind of adjustment made. Everything is "easy mode", so why don't you find a way to challenge yourself?

You've done it all, you've beat everything, you've climbed to the top of the pile of scrubs and "*** casuals" and shown everyone how easy the game is, so why do you stick around? Do you get your jollies by being the perpetual wet blanket on every single thread?

I'm honestly asking you, what do you enjoy about the game? Why do you still play "FFXI easy mode" if you're so above it?
[+]
 Cerberus.Katsukora
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2011-04-13 10:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
It's the general direction they are taking the game. When everyone is running around maxed out on gear easily and there is not much else to do = dying game.

It's more or less because people choose to rush doing it, if you just "gogogo spam one thing and only one thing", you're gonna get it super fast. If peoples playtimes allow it, yeah, it's gonna happen. Either that, minimal competition when they choose to do it.

What translates to you as a challenge seems to just equal a time sink, cause that's how it was before. You had to WAIT to get anything out of endgame, and even then, you had to hope it would drop so the line would move closer to you. With this, you can just choose to go at your own pace and not really worry so much about a huge line.

Will agree with you that there are some who are just "herp derp" stupid and have all the top gear and don't really take the time to learn, but that just goes to the "why so serious lol, it's just a game" side of the argument. So hence, you make it out to be "The noobs are making it frustrating for me, I can't enjoy myself!" Maybe if nobody complained and just enjoyed doing whatever they want to, it wouldn't be such an issue.

Yes it's piss easy to get your hands on everything now, but there's no point in making such a big deal over it. You play how you want, they play how they want. Nuff' said.
[+]
 Valefor.Bloodcat
Server: Valefor
user: Bcat
By Valefor.Bloodcat 2011-04-13 10:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

rawr Abyssea >:D can't wait for this update so this happens more

[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-04-13 10:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Go make me my bacon and fries...

As the food ads show back up :P
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-04-13 10:19:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Want a milkshake to go with the Baconator?!
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-04-13 10:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocolate prease!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-04-13 10:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Chocolate prease!
Good choice >:D
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-04-13 10:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to admit, when I first read this I was dead set on believing I was about to get rick rolled... this should breathe a little life into scars zones that have been a little dead lately.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-04-13 10:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
I have to admit, when I first read this I was dead set on believing I was about to get rick rolled... this should breathe a little life into scars zones that have been a little dead lately.
Scars zones were never dead, at least on my server. Maybe visions zones are dead-ish outside of Empyreans but never thought Scars zones were...
[+]
 Odin.Dezaar
Server: Odin
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-13 10:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't seem like a bad idea to remove congestion from hero's areas.

Removing AoE BLU spells seems like a good idea also.

As far adding battlefields... meh ~ w/e

Biot*h and complain if you want but your only fighting the inevitable.

Game is what it is and it's pretty fun. Don't like it, don't play it.

Good job SE on making the game live as long as possible.
[+]
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-04-13 10:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

people can always just farm items in abyssea with pre abyssea gear, and no haste like the old days if they want a challenge that badly lol /trollface

People complain about easy mode but certain things that where changed i dont understand why they complain.

I mean did you REALLY enjoy sitting and doing absolutely nothing (in game for the poops who will say no i watched tv while i waited herp derp) for 3 hours waiting for a hnm to pop and get possibly claimed by another ls?

I myself did hnm for maybe a month max and i never enjoyed it.

This is something i always think about when ppl bring up the hnm thing lol.

and dont even TRY to say you really enjoyed 3k exp AN HOUR in bibiki bay. just shut up lmao
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-04-13 10:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sky gods drop +2 items. Ppl NEED to know who Kirin is!
[+]
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-04-13 10:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

You want the game to be hard? Self impose your own restrictions. Don't use brews, don't level sync, don't exp in abyssea. Most people like the changes. I sincerely doubt the game as a whole will turn around and once again be hardcore. This is why I say get over it.

This a thousand times. People complain that the game is too easy, yet how many people kill NMs without Cruor buffs or atmas? How many beat Rani or Shinryu the first time without a brew? Doing something for the challenge with a different strategy rather than using cookie cutter setups can breathe a lot of new life into things, really. Think of it like 360 achievements that reward you for thinking outside the box.

While I will totally agree that having Empyrean armour as the only goal in game is pretty meh at this point in time, that is set to change when Voidwatch is released. Personally, I think that at the end of the day that will also be pretty casual based and armour will be pretty easy to come by.

I still wonder how people complain at a lack of things to do, though. Perhaps you guys just need to tone down your playtime a bit? I play 4-5 hours a day and I'm still drowning in stuff I want to do :/
[+]
By Bimbam 2011-04-13 10:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Make sky gods drop +2 items. Ppl NEED to know who Kirin is!

I thought this up tother day but for +1 versions of GOD armour. Set it in the past and sup up teh level/looks (like they did for beastmen stronghold NMs)

But you still need the NQ item to upgrade.
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-04-13 10:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

You want the game to be hard? Self impose your own restrictions. Don't use brews, don't level sync, don't exp in abyssea. Most people like the changes. I sincerely doubt the game as a whole will turn around and once again be hardcore. This is why I say get over it.

This a thousand times. People complain that the game is too easy, yet how many people kill NMs without Cruor buffs or atmas? How many beat Rani or Shinryu the first time without a brew? Doing something for the challenge with a different strategy rather than using cookie cutter setups can breathe a lot of new life into things, really. Think of it like 360 achievements that reward you for thinking outside the box.

While I will totally agree that having Empyrean armour as the only goal in game is pretty meh at this point in time, that is set to change when Voidwatch is released. Personally, I think that at the end of the day that will also be pretty casual based and armour will be pretty easy to come by.

I still wonder how people complain at a lack of things to do, though. Perhaps you guys just need to tone down your playtime a bit? I play 4-5 hours a day and I'm still drowning in stuff I want to do :/

I also say this a thousand times.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-13 10:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dezaar said:

wat
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-13 10:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Agreed! People go into Abyssea with the most efficient/elite setups and whine about no challenge. Try not using RR and/or VV atmas, try some different gear, spells etc. It's like someone playing Street Fighter on the lowest difficulty setting and then whining. Plenty of ways to bump up the challenge.

There's plenty of things in this game I don't find fun, and when they turn up, I go find something that is fun. This game is HUGE. You gotta find your fun.
[+]
 Odin.Dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-13 10:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Odin.Dezaar said:

wat

From Procing I mean ~ Of course not all together :p

Aka 1000 Needles
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-13 10:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh okay, no disagreement there :p
 Odin.Dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-13 10:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, I'd rather see Tier V spells used instead of gaIII spells. Guess that wont happen till 95 and the Thunder V release... If at all.

I am assuming that Thunder 5 will be somewhere between 92-95 btw ~
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-13 10:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dezaar said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Odin.Dezaar said:

wat

Aka 1000 Needles

It'd interesting if Absorb spells got added to the proc list, since all the other casting jobs have job-specific spells as procs. Then there might actually be a use for DRK in Abyssea. Go-go WAR in the meantime...
 Odin.Dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-13 11:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Odin.Dezaar said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Odin.Dezaar said:

wat

Aka 1000 Needles

It'd interesting if Absorb spells got added to the proc list, since all the other casting jobs have job-specific spells as procs. Then there might actually be a use for DRK in Abyssea. Go-go WAR in the meantime...

I literally typed that out then erased that cause I didn't wanna fight with people that say DRK is still super useful :p
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-13 11:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my god you people whine so *** much.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-13 11:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dezaar said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Odin.Dezaar said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Odin.Dezaar said:

wat

Aka 1000 Needles

I literally typed that out then erased that cause I didn't wanna fight with people that say DRK is still super useful :p

I'm a DRK main, and I'll be the first to admit DRK is pretty useless in Aby aside from just DD and filling up space in a pt. Anything DRK can do, another job can do better.

I still love playin' DRK, but when I want to get something done other than just beat up xp mobs, I change jobs.
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-04-13 11:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The game is easy mode, but has been since before abyssea. I'm looking forward to the day I log on and find random stuff in my delivery box, +1, +2 items, abjurations, sea torques (though they're useless now). Hell I hope SE includes relic and empyrean weapons in their daily reward program. Not the currency or the ToM item, but the actual base weapon.
[+]
 Odin.Dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-13 11:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cossack said:
The game is easy mode, but has been since before abyssea. I'm looking forward to the day I log on and find random stuff in my delivery box, +1, +2 items, abjurations, sea torques (though they're useless now). Hell I hope SE includes relic and empyrean weapons in their daily reward program. Not the currency or the ToM item, but the actual base weapon.

That's kinda funny Actually lol
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-13 11:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo (and others who are extremely displeased with the game and the games direction) without trying to come off as a *** head and with all seriousness from the bottom of my heart I think you're just ready to find a new game.

You basically 'beat' XI congratulations, seriously.. nicely done man there is no contest that you've done a hell of a lot more than most people in this game, but if you're now as unhappy as you come off maybe it's time to start a new adventure on a new game. I know it's probably hard to move on or let go after so much time and effort has gone into this game but like you said there isn't much else to do for you. At some point you just gotta ask yourself what's keeping you here?

I know for me I really enjoy the game as it is today, it works well with my life at the moment. I might not like every single thing about every update but I don't see a major problem with the evolution of the game, it's insane to think there are "new" players who play XI for as long as the game has been out they are still attracting more players or getting players to come back. I have fun every single time I log in and enjoy my time. If I didn't I know I would just go find other games.

Again, I know it basically sounds like I'm being sarcastic and trying to be a *** saying just gtfo but I'm really trying to communicate this message without doing so but still get my point across it's just difficult (for me) to accomplish it in a text.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-13 11:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

back on topic: I think it's nice they're removing some of those BLU spells especially 1000 needles was a pain in the *** waiting for it to land.

Lastly, I know many people get emp upgrade items really easily, I don't think it's "challenging" but I do think it's annoying as hell camping Gukumatz while 20 other people are standing in the field to claim every 15 minutes. It's been something I've worried about for when the servers do merge just how much more competition there will be for it. I hope they figure out a way to alleviate that type of ***.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8