CrossRoads Tobi +2 or Kannagi
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Havster said:
I will try, its 19:36 at the moment for me, what time are you thinking?

I get up at 05.00 unfortunately so it cant be too late, but either way im sure I can hook up with you asap and we can find something to beat on for half hour to see what you think.

Tonight, now I think about it, isnt great. The wife is on search and destroy mode lol.
Perhaps later in the week or weekend I am PST zone.
 Fenrir.Havster
user: Havster
By Fenrir.Havster 2011-04-06 13:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No problem, will be on Friday, poss Sat and will be on Sunday daytime while wife watches her garbage on TV (Eastenders.... I really dont get WHY?!?!?!) so will keep a look out for your /tell :D
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 14:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leonlionheart said:
Kannagi is so easy I can't see Tobi being a faster path.

NIN can solo Briareus with some skill.

A group of 6 can farm 6 popsets in about an hour depending on wait times and drops of the pop items. You can kill Briareus in about 2 minutes with a good group (Zerg settup works incredibly well if you have dedicated DNC and or BLM, DRK etc for stun having your tank sub DNC helps too).

Sobek's not quite so easy because of the competition at Gukumatz but the fight can be duo'd by NIN and anything with cure.

Most NIN's don't have a hope of getting it to 90 however being as Daurdabla(harp) and Almace(sword, although probably not as much of a priority as kannagi) both use the same NM, and that NM is probably the biggest pain in the entire game. Apademak if you allow it to level up WILL KILL YOU. I personally haven't been able to win without a brew (even though people will probably claim that I suck and that OMG YOUR DOING IT WRONG HE'S SO EASY, he's not. One miss on violent flourish or a slightly late stun and you're *** for good).

I also recommend ALWAYS HAVING TREASURE HUNTER. A lot of people say it doesn't help, but after doing 29 glavoid (only 4 dropped 1 shell) with TH then doing 22 Itzpapalotl 15 of which I brought TH got 2 scales each time, the next 7 without TH I got 1 each. Small sample sizes but I have the same experience on both Carabosse and Briareus...

WoE is just really time consuming unless you go into an unconventional flux with a static. Flux 7 with SMNs and BLMs is fairly simple and you could get all of your coins in one or two runs.

Hope this helps you.
Ty Leonlionheart this seems like a good set up I will see if I can get a few buddy's together and try this.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-06 14:01:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kk
Fenrir.Havster said:
No problem, will be on Friday, poss Sat and will be on Sunday daytime while wife watches her garbage on TV (Eastenders.... I really dont get WHY?!?!?!) so will keep a look out for your /tell :D
Kk ty much!
 Leviathan.Vindeel
Server: Leviathan
user: vindeel
By Leviathan.Vindeel 2011-04-06 17:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Viperouskaos said:
Kannagi or Tobi +2. Does anyone own Tobi2 and if so are you happy with it or regret you didn't go the Kannagi route?

I have them both.

Tobi+2 is a good weapon no doubt and the hi's numbers are close to the kannagi. To be honest i cant really see much difference between them.

The Kannagi's aftermath is rly nice the times you can keep it up, but often you cant in abyssea. Anyhow its a far better weapon and its easy to see when comparing the two.

If i where you i would go for the kannagi. If not you might end up like me still wanting the kannagi after you finished tobi <.<
It sure did suck doing the lotterypop trials twice..
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-06 19:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Per-WS damage isn't where Tobi really falls behind (though it obviously isn't as strong here), it's DoT and WS frequency. Higher delay hurts both your DoT and WS frequency and the loss of ODD aftermath really hurts your DoT.
[+]
By Gimpness 2011-04-06 20:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Per-WS damage isn't where Tobi really falls behind (though it obviously isn't as strong here), it's DoT and WS frequency. Higher delay hurts both your DoT and WS frequency and the loss of ODD aftermath really hurts your DoT.

this, this and this again.

to the OP: Try soloing briareus, it's really very easy. If you can't, I wouldn't work on kannagi because you probably won't be able to do much with it.
[+]
 Alexander.Mastersquall
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Mastersquall 2011-04-07 16:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, when I started Kannagi it was something to bide my time over. My ls helped me once I hit the Briareus stage but honestly most of what was saved was time and a lot of frustration. NIN/DNC can easily solo through the briareus path and possibly the sobek part too so long as atma of the einherjar actually decides to resist death for you.

Honestly though, I would say that if you dont wish to spend hours (by hours, i mean legitimate hours) on each section of the trial do the Tobi+2 but it is by no means anywhere near as nice.

As for soloing briareus, go NIN/DNC and stun mercurial strike and Colossal slam. If you always stun mercurial, he will never 2hr and spam Colossal slam 3x in a row. Even if you miss mercurial, if it does 1111, run the hell away. Also, he will only use colossal slam if mercurial does 888, 999, or 1111 anyway so basically the key is just stun mercurial. Kill is easy at that point.
 Odin.Venomous
Server: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2011-04-07 16:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
tobi +2 still provides good ws dmg, but you wont get the occ does double dmg
Skill Level: Blade: Hi
Description: Deals Quadruple damage. Chance of critical hit varies with TP. Kannagi: Aftermath.
Available only when equipped with Kannagi (85), Kannagi (90), Tobi +1, or Tobi +2.
Aligned with the Shadow Gorget and Soil Gorget.
The weapon skill is available w/ those equipped not its aftermath... derp
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-07 17:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Moribund Hack NM:

It always uses Hack exactly 1 minute after Ice Roar. Just be aware of this and you can outrun it. Have fun :)
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-07 17:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Regarding Moribund Hack NM:

It always uses Hack exactly 1 minute after Ice Roar. Just be aware of this and you can outrun it. Have fun :)
So stunning Ice Roar = no hack? Hmm... I know when I fought it I'd just stun Ice Roar because that paralyze is annoying as hell. I know its gotten Moribund Hack off a couple times, but I never associated it with me missing the stun.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-07 17:24:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That is also true, yeah. Likewise the RNG one and Lightning Roar/Trebuchet.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 09:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok last 2 days I been trying to get Ki's for boss giga to get B-helms it's very time consuming as a solo NIN as to I didnt have all red Proc's. Wind is easy either dagger cyclone or GK Jinpu, fire sucked cause I don't get red lotus unless I Sib /war and I can't do that cause I need /DNC. Also since Ki isn't 100% you need to take time to farm pop items for the Mini NMs to get a shot at Ki, am I doing something wrong I just may go Tobi2 route if there's an easier way or I missed something on how to easily PROC pls assist.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-04-08 09:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo my helms, occasionally /sh for zone win for 2-3 sets but i solo at least 40 of em NIN/DNC. Took me 6 days farming 8-10hrs a day. Pantagreul just take it by Conflux and keep fluxing it to reset red !! till u get it.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 10:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok last 2 days I been trying to get Ki's for boss giga to get B-helms it's very time consuming as a solo NIN as to I didnt have all red Proc's. Wind is easy either dagger cyclone or GK Jinpu, fire sucked cause I don't get red lotus unless I Sib /war and I can't do that cause I need /DNC. Also since Ki isn't 100% you need to take time to farm pop items for the Mini NMs to get a shot at Ki, am I doing something wrong I just may go Tobi2 route if there's an easier way or I missed something on how to easily PROC pls assist.
Darkness was pretty easy also 2/3 except not having a scythe.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-08 10:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo them as nin/war, turn when spikes are on.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 10:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

@Natenn damn thx bro I didn't even think about that.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 10:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

NIN/WAR huh really?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-08 10:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo the NMs /war. Or find a healer friend/dualbox and you can knock out 3-4 helms per hour duo. It's not super fast but it'll get it done.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-08 10:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:

NIN/WAR huh really?

Yes, set 1 regen atma and you'r good to go
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2011-04-08 10:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN/WAR if you're gonna burn stones, i would solo my lights while building pop and go join a worms PT and get like 360m then go back to NMs. Or can solo lights then go frogs and build amber/time. NIN/DNC if its just you and you don't wanna waste stones.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 10:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

What's name of regen ATMs you use?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-08 10:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said:
NIN/WAR if you're gonna burn stones, i would solo my lights while building pop and go join a worms PT and get like 360m then go back to NMs. Or can solo lights then go frogs and build amber/time. NIN/DNC if its just you and you don't wanna waste stones.

Why does NIN/WAR burn stones when NIN/DNC doesn't? Burning stones is of course the quickest way of getting the job done but obviously is an opportunity cost in itself.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 10:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

After that long boring week off I have 80 stones lol^^
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-08 10:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Atma of the Sea Daughter (Daytime)Superior 30HP/Tick
Atma of the Mounted Champion Major 20HP/Tick
Atma of Vicissitude Major 15HP/Tick
Atma of the Stronghold Major 15HP/Tick
Atma of the Impenetrable Major 15HP/Tick
Atma of the Plaguebringer Minor 10HP/Tick
Atma of Perfect Attendance Minor 10HP/Tick
Atma of the Hero Minor 5HP/Tick
Atma of the Ace Angler (HP below 25%)Major 20HP/Tick
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2011-04-08 10:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Mounted Champion or Stronghold

MC: Regen+20 VIT+50 Enimity decrease while taking dmg
Stronghold: ATK/DEF+ Major Regen+15
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 10:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a small group that offered to sell me helms @500k each. Is it worth it or can I really do it by my self. And yes five hundred thousand each helm it's not a miss type.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-08 10:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a small group that offered to sell me helms @500k each. Is it worth it or can I really do it by my self. And yes five hundred thousand each helm it's not a miss type.
go solo it >.>;;
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-08 10:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

500k each is a ripoff.

EDIT: To illustrate, you could easily hire help in Jeuno for about 150k per person for one session, which would be 1-2 helms per person you have helping (build a set on each).

If you want to go the way of paying for helms (which I did for a lot of it, for the sake of speed) then it's far more efficient to hire people yourself than buy from mercenary groups.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-08 10:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Mounted Champ I have that atma.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7