First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-04-19 07:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Viperouskaos said:
I finally got Kannagi 1srt stage!! was'nt as difficult as I thought it would be thanx to you all for actually convincing me to go Kannagi rout^^ Sobek is next any advice on how to do Sobek? pls post, also I want to thank everyone that helped me~ my LS HRN, Stillvenomous, Ryafoa, Miyara, Rosuto, Mylah, Naezjinra,Thesslore, Tolan, and Dimension TYVM WORD UP!! now How to do Sobek ?

Good job!

As for Sobek, pretty much what others have already said. Nin and war to cover all red procs, a whm, a thf to increase chances of 2 skins dropping, and if you want yellow procs then obviously blm/brd and a blu to be 100% covered. Nin (or mnk) and whm would be the bare minimum.

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Tyrant Tusk 99% of the time will only kill you if you're below a certain threshold of HP (seems to be ~1750). Make your WHM keep you topped up and you'll have no problem

This. ^
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-04-19 08:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop with the bad theory's on Tyrant Tusk. I have been killed by it at max hp, with bio on and off, From the side of him ect ect.

It CAN and WILL randomly DEATH. Nothing more, you cant avoid it. Even with that I had no problem doing Duo's but I think its a waste of time to not be out there with atleast 3 people if not more.

If you dont have War+Nin+Thf+Whm then dont waste your time, and if you like building sets without all the procs, then dont kill your sobeks without a THF, your just making it take longer for no reason.

Grats on your 80 and good luck continuing.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-19 09:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

How much HP did you have when it killed you from max?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-19 09:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:
Stop with the bad theories on Tyrant Tusk. I have been killed by it: at max hp, with bio on and off, From the side of him etc etc. It CAN, and WILL, randomly inflict DEATH. Nothing more, you cant avoid it{Sentence Fragment}. I had no problem doing it as a duo, even with that (death effect). I think it's a waste of time to not be out there with atleast 3 people, if not more. If you dont have War+Nin+Thf+Whm then dont waste your time, and if you like building sets without all the procs, then dont kill your sobeks without a THF, your just making it take longer for no reason(cmon, that's like..... 3 extra sentences run-on). Grats on your 80 and good luck continuing.

I try to be open-minded. It is hard to evaluate your point when I have to re-read it twice, just to understand.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-26 11:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Kannagi via 85!!! I'd like to thank my LS "HRN" and all my Friends that helped me obtain it. Also everyone on FFXIAH for perswaying me to go this route it isn't tough with a little help from your buddy's! Now I been toying with Blade: Hi I can't find a good skillchain chart that's updated par blade hi pls post. I have decent gear also for weaponskill all I am missing is Hachiryu Sune-ate I sold my pair right before update to Nib and now he doesn't log on anymore >.< what a waste lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-26 11:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Aftermath is bad *** level 1 30 secs 2 is 60 secs amd 3 is 90 secs that blue star is fukin awsome! I haven't broke 5k yet either am I using wrong atmas? GH RR Apoco or VV I tried Kirin atma for 40 extra AGI but I really noticed a difference without the crits from RR
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-26 11:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Aftermath is bad *** level 1 30 secs 2 is 60 secs amd 3 is 90 secs that blue star is fukin awsome! I haven't broke 5k yet either am I using wrong atmas? GH RR Apoco or VV I tried Kirin atma for 40 extra AGI but I really noticed a difference without the crits from RR

Congratulations, I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's fun to have.
Regarding Atma however, I've been using GN, RR & Apoc, so you're on the right lines.
If you want to push your damage higher though, I strongly recommend the use of red curry buns (and stalwart's tonic/gambir within abyssea), it'll push your damage much higher.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
Server: Cerberus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-04-26 12:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't broke 5k yet either
Gear, gear, and more gear.
Ambusher's Hose, Epona's Ring, stormsoul, so on so forth. Makes a huge difference on Hi inside aby. Weaponskilling in atheling helps too. More double attack gear the better since you're not using VV to rely on the DA boost.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-26 12:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Tyrant Tusk 99% of the time will only kill you if you're below a certain threshold of HP (seems to be ~1750). Make your WHM keep you topped up and you'll have no problem.

I don't agree with this, don't have screen shots but it just doesn't seem to fit with my experiences.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-26 12:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I just have really good luck? Fought 40+ Sobeks and only died to TT when not at low HP ... 0 times.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-26 12:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno man I fought Minax many times over 15 or something with never seeing the KO move and then we fought him one time and he did it 3+ times in one fight.

I know we're talking about Sobek I'm just saying random is random. If your theory was true with the ~1750 HP than basically a MNK should never get KO'd when they sit at 3500 full hp who would let them get that low
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-26 12:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all that but rings and hachi boots. I really don't get to sub /war as much as I'd like to. That would for sure help me break 5k and I use red curry buns lol with GH and Kirin atma with weaponskill gear my AGI is at +199 and I still didn't break these high numbers people brag about what am I missing? Maybe I should start a new thread about how to break these •5-6k people talk about.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-26 12:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

And I mean on NMs. Not a squishy Mandi or Trent LMAO most I've done is 4.5k on Yanni
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-26 12:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Tyrant Tusk 99% of the time will only kill you if you're below a certain threshold of HP (seems to be ~1750). Make your WHM keep you topped up and you'll have no problem.

I don't agree with this, don't have screen shots but it just doesn't seem to fit with my experiences.
I fought this Sobek many times this past 2 weeks and I can say TT doesn't always kill or instant death but it can happen. Stun helps if you get a lucky guess to land it right before he readies but usually when Sobek readies it's instant.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-26 12:50:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Congratulations, I'm glad you're enjoying it, it's fun to have.
Regarding Atma however, I've been using GN, RR & Apoc, so you're on the right lines.
If you want to push your damage higher though, I strongly recommend the use of red curry buns (and stalwart's tonic/gambir within abyssea), it'll push your damage much higher.
Thank You^^ By the way I like you gamer pic lol those toons are funny as hell!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7