Romantically Frustrated?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Romantically frustrated?
Romantically frustrated?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 161 162 163
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-21 22:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Submissive: inclined or ready to submit; unresistingly or humbly obedient: submissive servants. Basically, if she can get you to do whatever she wants you're a sub.And yes, this includes listening to her talking about other guys.
I thought listening to her was just being nice.
Bolded part is your problem right there, why would they need someone who is just "nice?"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Headstrong
Server: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-03-21 22:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

._.

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
my like-minded group is people who don't know how to talk to women though

i asked a friend what i should do and he told me to break the ice by grabbing her boobs

and that was his best answer he could give because he doesn't know how to talk to women either

that's terrible btw <.< could lead to a serious case of nosebleed
[+]
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
Server: Bahamut
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2011-03-21 22:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Feisei said:
Yea i'll bite...moreso because im sort of at a loss as what to do.

3 and 1/3 years ago I dated this japanese girl and things were great till she left to go back to japan(something I knew all along...mistake learned). Kept talking to her for a couple weeks after she had left and I was rather emo(my first love) about her not coming back for who knows how long. I tend to get upset when a girl I love breaks up with me and I cant have her anymore cuz I love with my whole heart. ***ended badly, I said alot of dumb things and we stopped talking for the past 3 years(also blocked me on fb) until...

About a week before the japan earthquake/tsunami I thought it would be cool to see what she was up to so I sent her a email. A couple emails later ***hit the fan in japan and I learn shes coming back for a month since she cant really do anything since everything is shutdown pretty much(school, work, etc). Well of course a bunch of old emotions in me get stirred up and I just don't even know.

The real kicker here is, my 2 best friends are still friends with her and have been keeping in touch with her. So im bound to run into her at some point shes here and i dont even know what ill do.
Well, just because its Feisei, I'll bite into answering this one.

If you don't want your emotions to be so obvious... just avoid her by playing FFXI the entire time she is in.... oh wait... nevermind.... you can't atm.

Nah, but in all seriousness... think about what you want. If you want to get back into this girl's life... you probably should start back as becoming a friend again. Regardless of how much you wanna just jump into a relationship... after having past issues, it would be best to take it slow... and maybe everything will work out for you in the end.

lol, funny how you pop up all of a sudden like every time i see you.

Id love to get back with her, but i *think* she has a bf in japan. Either way she will only be here for a month and then head back to japan unless it gets engulfed by the ocean(is it bad that i kind of sort of want this to happen?>.>). Back when we dated we always said things like "we can do our own things and after were done get back together in the future"(you get the jist, that was badly worded) since we both knew she was leaving for japan after the school year. I don't even know if she wants to have anything to do with me.
Like I said, if you run into her because she is with your friends, just try to keep it casual at least for a little while. As you said, you aren't even sure about her situation. Also, in this case, I'm gonna ask you... if you did get involved with her again, would you be willing to deal with her leaving again when she goes back to Japan? If the answer is no, then just keep it at friends regardless the situation.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-21 22:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Does always being tossed into that "close-friend" spot when I really like the girl in question, but she always tends to date horrible types of guys count? :<

I lol'd, but is it wrong for me to think that having lots of money is just a cheap standard that only makes the girl in question more secure about how things will turn out? I mean, Financial success is good and all, but can't they just settle for someone who has a fair income? For instance, My friend up the street is unemployed, but he's worked before and just not long ago he finished his training to be a truck driver. inb4 you've never tried, etc.

I hate gold-digging, which is a major turn-off for me, and I think it happens just about 80% of the time. As far as my situation is, I'm a tightwad with my money. I don't spend much, but I do have a job working with my parents' company which is currently getting a lot of good rep.

Eh, I might be old fashioned, but I don't seek relationships right now because I'm not employed. If I was in a relationship, I would want to be able to pay for the nicer things in life and share them with a woman that I somehow found enough common ground with to actually enjoy her company, and not the company of one or four choice bits. I mean, there's a difference between a gold digger, and being able to provide more comforts to someone.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-21 22:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Hi Spoons, have Abri cut the ***.

:D

[Congrats btw]

=O that's all I gotta do?

QUICK! Call Abri for me lol

I'd hope Ovr gets the idea that you really don't like him even having contact with his crazy ex.

I deleted my ex off of urr'thang and while Abri would never ask me to do so, I did it for myself and for her.

Like I aid, I get that he wants to be friends with her, and I don't like having to ask him to not be friends with someone, regardless of who they are. I don't want to be the girl that made her guy ditch all of his friends, but I really can't stand the ***. I've never even met her and all she does is act like she's somehow better than me.

WHY does ovr have to be so damn dense?!
You don't have to be 'that girl'. But you shouldn't have to put up with his ex undermining your relationship because she's jealous. Tell him it's making you uncomfortable or whatever. Guys are dense, most of us don't pick up on vague hints very well.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-03-21 22:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Submissive: inclined or ready to submit; unresistingly or humbly obedient: submissive servants. Basically, if she can get you to do whatever she wants you're a sub.And yes, this includes listening to her talking about other guys.
Bolded part is your problem right there, why would they need someone who is just "nice?"
So I should be an ***???
[+]
By zahrah 2011-03-21 22:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
I thought listening to her was just being nice. I was talking to this girl since the beginning of my college freshman year, and I listened to multiple stories about guys she dated and were currently dating. I told her I couldn't care less about any of your boyfriends names, or who there are/were, but you can tell me anyway, and she did. She spent more time with me than she did w/ her boyfriends... But after a seris of unfortunate events, I don't want to have anything to do w/ her, yet I really want to talk to her, but I fear it would not end well.

You might just be a crutch. I would address it. Find out if she is actually interested. If she as close to you as you say, you should have no problems being open about it. No man should have to listen to stories about the old BF. When I was younger, I was quickly corrected when bitching about my BF to a close guy friend. Your situation is the same thing that mine was. Address it and move on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-21 22:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sandolphon said:
Studies show that there is a direct correlation between the amount of girls you get and the more you look like a uterus.
Oh wow. I know you're just being funny and it did get a laugh out of me but that guy's muscles just weird me out.

Asura.Vyre said:
Hmm, from my experience a lot of women are overly cruel and condescending in nature,
Goes both ways.

Quote:
What I mean is, more women have taken an interest in me/told me of romantic feelings since I stopped obsessively pining/caring so much(but I totally did it like a boss) about what one or two women thought about me.
Same coin as "women like ***". Not giving a *** makes you look more alpha regardless of your actual type.

Quote:
Then again, it might also be the fact that I'm somewhat attractive since puberty ended.
That helps too!

Quote:
On a what frustrated me the most note: Gay men started hitting on me long before women started flirting with me..
I've had gay guys hit on me a few times. It's actually kind of fun to flirt back, especially if you're with friends or better yet acquaintances... I've confused a few people into thinking I was really gay, much lulz.

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
It can be. I think it's like one of those things where a diagnosis is more of a you exhibit 8/13 of these symptoms type deal, you can have a few of them and still not be a sub.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-21 22:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Does always being tossed into that "close-friend" spot when I really like the girl in question, but she always tends to date horrible types of guys count? :<

I lol'd, but is it wrong for me to think that having lots of money is just a cheap standard that only makes the girl in question more secure about how things will turn out? I mean, Financial success is good and all, but can't they just settle for someone who has a fair income? For instance, My friend up the street is unemployed, but he's worked before and just not long ago he finished his training to be a truck driver. inb4 you've never tried, etc.

I hate gold-digging, which is a major turn-off for me, and I think it happens just about 80% of the time. As far as my situation is, I'm a tightwad with my money. I don't spend much, but I do have a job working with my parents' company which is currently getting a lot of good rep.

Eh, I might be old fashioned, but I don't seek relationships right now because I'm not employed. If I was in a relationship, I would want to be able to pay for the nicer things in life and share them with a woman that I somehow found enough common ground with to actually enjoy her company, and not the company of one or four choice bits. I mean, there's a difference between a gold digger, and being able to provide more comforts to someone.

I can agree to that, yeah. Though it's hard for me to know if someone I find is going to actually end up like that. I had someone who was needy to the bone and I couldn't put up with it because it was all negative. I don't know, I just like keeping things simple I guess. There aren't a lot who are willing to keep it that way, either... :\

I think my problem with women is that I'm too pessimistic for my own good with all the friend-zoning I've been through, and unrealistically think they're being unrealistic and they have to deal with some of the truths about guys like us.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-21 22:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Hi Spoons, have Abri cut the ***. :D [Congrats btw]
=O that's all I gotta do? QUICK! Call Abri for me lol
I'd hope Ovr gets the idea that you really don't like him even having contact with his crazy ex. I deleted my ex off of urr'thang and while Abri would never ask me to do so, I did it for myself and for her.
Like I aid, I get that he wants to be friends with her, and I don't like having to ask him to not be friends with someone, regardless of who they are. I don't want to be the girl that made her guy ditch all of his friends, but I really can't stand the ***. I've never even met her and all she does is act like she's somehow better than me.

WHY does ovr have to be so damn dense?!
Do you point out that she's basically trying to break you guys up?
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-03-21 22:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Feisei said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Feisei said:

3 and 1/3 years ago I dated this japanese girl and things were great till she left to go back to japan(something I knew all along...mistake learned). Kept talking to her for a couple weeks after she had left and I was rather emo(my first love) about her not coming back for who knows how long. I tend to get upset when a girl I love breaks up with me and I cant have her anymore cuz I love with my whole heart. ***ended badly, I said alot of dumb things and we stopped talking for the past 3 years(also blocked me on fb) until...

About a week before the japan earthquake/tsunami I thought it would be cool to see what she was up to so I sent her a email. A couple emails later ***hit the fan in japan and I learn shes coming back for a month since she cant really do anything since everything is shutdown pretty much(school, work, etc). Well of course a bunch of old emotions in me get stirred up and I just don't even know.

The real kicker here is, my 2 best friends are still friends with her and have been keeping in touch with her. So im bound to run into her at some point shes here and i dont even know what ill do.

If you don't want your emotions to be so obvious... just avoid her by playing FFXI the entire time she is in.... oh wait... nevermind.... you can't atm.

Nah, but in all seriousness... think about what you want. If you want to get back into this girl's life... you probably should start back as becoming a friend again. Regardless of how much you wanna just jump into a relationship... after having past issues, it would be best to take it slow... and maybe everything will work out for you in the end.

Id love to get back with her, but i *think* she has a bf in japan. Either way she will only be here for a month and then head back to japan unless it gets engulfed by the ocean(is it bad that i kind of sort of want this to happen?>.>). Back when we dated we always said things like "we can do our own things and after were done get back together in the future"(you get the jist, that was badly worded) since we both knew she was leaving for japan after the school year. I don't even know if she wants to have anything to do with me.
Like I said, if you run into her because she is with your friends, just try to keep it casual at least for a little while. As you said, you aren't even sure about her situation. Also, in this case, I'm gonna ask you... if you did get involved with her again, would you be willing to deal with her leaving again when she goes back to Japan? If the answer is no, then just keep it at friends regardless the situation.
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Feisei said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Feisei said:

I'm not 100% sure about her situation, but im also a pessimist when it comes to relationships. I know that she did have a bf atleast a few months ago. I guess im not sure at what my answer would be to that question, id have to think about that. Either way im going to tread very lightly this next month.
 Ifrit.Sidi
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Sidi 2011-03-21 22:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
tl;dr How can I tell my fiancée to get rid of his ex?
I've had this issue before. It took sitting down and talking with him with absolutely no distractions. Basically, your fiance may just not "get" how much this really upsets you. Be brutally honest about it and how it is affecting you. -Be sure to listen to his reasoning for keeping this person in his life. Once my guy realized the things his ex had said and done- he just let it all go. I'm sure yours will do the same. Good Luck.

The best advice I can see for all the guys and girls not knowing what to do is to stop stressing. Dating is supposed to be enjoyable. It's about getting to know someone, not getting impressed with their money. Yes, there will be people that do this- don't date them.
By zahrah 2011-03-21 22:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
So I should be an ***???

No! See...so many people bashed my initial post. Treat them as though you were talking to anyone else. Eventually she will come around. Don't push one way or the other. You may be surprised. She could be the first one to make a move in your desired direction.
 Asura.Natenn
Server: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-03-21 22:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Every gf i had left me for another guy, except one who just went AWOL. 1 of the guys pretended to be my friend just to steal her from me. Then proceeded to go so far as logging on her character and pretend to be her and tell me she wants me back then say "lol jk its 'insertdicknosehere'" Or tell me she died in a fire when she moved and had no internet for a few months. Basically, if you ever find someone there will always be someone there to take them from you. Unless you rich or hot.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-21 22:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

It can be. I think it's like one of those things where a diagnosis is more of a you exhibit 8/13 of these symptoms type deal, you can have a few of them and still not be a sub.
is it bad that the first thing i thought of was red procs?
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2011-03-21 22:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
Long post is long...

So I just got engaged, yay! It's the best thing that ever happened... but there's a *** face lurkin' in the background.

It's his ex (and I really mean ex, it's his first gf ever) and she just can't get a *** grip on the fact that he's with me. She used to call him and text him all the time asking him to go over to her house (the one she just bought with her new hubby), asking him what it is that I do all day while he's at work, is he sure I'm not cheating on him... basically just trying to paint me as some lying ***.

I told him that I wasn't really a fan of him talking to her since all she could do was trash talk me. I get that they remained friends after her broke up with her, and I'd be all cool with that if she wasn't always acting that way. He's friends with another girl that he used to date and we actually hang out with her and her fiancée sometimes, because she isn't always trying to make me out as a bad person. So, after telling him that I didn't like it, he deleted her from his phone, and stopped responding to her. So yay for like 3 months of not dealing with that.

Then he added her to his facebook.

She does the same ***now... messaging him asking all sorts of crap that's none of her business, and telling him she's heard ***about me and the bad things I've been doing behind his back. I understand that it's someone he was in a relationship with, there's a special kind of thing they have that will never go away. Like all of my exes were ***, but I still care enough about them to hope they're doing well. I can't figure out how to tell him to delete her without sounding like I'm some jealous ***.

tl;dr How can I tell my fiancée to get rid of his ex?

inb4 i'm somehow jealous
this situation is insanely dangerous, how much you trust him is the main factor in getting through this. normally if he loves you completely and you trust him, an ex like this can be in his life safely. She might make him feel more comfortable with the whole marriage if he has any worries because of her familiarity and good friendship.

But if all she does is maliciously try to turn him against you I would confront him on that point alone and tell him how you feel. Let him decide to remove her from his life if she persists, if he truly loves you that's the outcome. If he refuses to remove her and she still tries to destroy the engagement then there are deeper problems, he might be oblivious to her intentions and that would need to be addressed first

Please spoons, try very hard not to let paranoia and fear get the best of you. A level head is needed to beat this kindof problem not one overly defensive and constantly confrontational

Oh I trust him completely. When we first started to date, I was in IL and he was in NC... We were 800+ miles apart for the first year or so. I always had people asking me how was I sure that he wasn't cheating on me. The questions never bothered me because I trusted him like he trusted me.

She talks to him about how great a couple they used to be and how great it would be to be with him now (even though she's *** married) and then tells him crap about me like she knows me. I've never met her, and the only person that she and I both know, is him so idfk who all of these supposed people are that are telling her that I'm cheating on him or w/e else I'm apparently doing behind his back.

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I do, that's why he stopped talking to her on the phone. IDK why he went from the phone to FB though. It doesn make me feel better that he didn't seek her out, she sent him the request... lame that he accepted it though ><
[+]
 Bahamut.Ukiyasan
user: Ukiyasan
By Bahamut.Ukiyasan 2011-03-21 22:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Feisei said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Feisei said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Feisei said:

Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Feisei said:
Bahamut.Ukiyasan said:
Bahamut.Feisei said:

I'm not 100% sure about her situation, but im also a pessimist when it comes to relationships. I know that she did have a bf atleast a few months ago. I guess im not sure at what my answer would be to that question, id have to think about that. Either way im going to tread very lightly this next month.
Only thing I can think to do because you already realize that running into her is a real possibility. Also, if you don't want to look like a total ***, you don't want to avoid those friends while she is here, because then you would be giving off the vibe that you don't want to be friends or even care if she exist. Also, tread lightly, and if you feel like something might happen, you need to investigate her situation before committing to the idea of trying to get with her.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-21 22:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said:
Every gf i had left me for another guy, except one who just went AWOL. 1 of the guys pretended to be my friend just to steal her from me. Then proceeded to go so far as logging on her character and pretend to be her and tell me she wants me back then say "lol jk its 'insertdicknosehere'" Or tell me she died in a fire when she moved and had no internet for a few months. Basically, if you ever find someone there will always be someone there to take them from you. Unless you rich or hot.

did you mention the aegis? :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-21 22:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
So I should be an ***???
Probably.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-21 22:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I do, that's why he stopped talking to her on the phone. IDK why he went from the phone to FB though. It doesn make me feel better that he didn't seek her out, she sent him the request... lame that he accepted it though ><
Did he beleive you? Do you trust him to believe you over her?
By Serj 2011-03-21 22:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Had to be done.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-21 22:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Natenn said:

Or are good in bed. You can be the ugliest hedgehog lookin' *** on the planet, and if you can make a *** *** lightning bolts, few are willing to give up such a rare natural resource.
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2011-03-21 22:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't have Aegis at the time
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-03-21 22:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Natenn said:

Or are good in bed. You can be the ugliest hedgehog lookin' *** on the planet, and if you can make a *** *** lightning bolts, few are willing to give up such a rare natural resource.
in that case it's still a challenge to get them in bed in the first place!
[+]
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-03-21 22:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Natenn said:

Doesn't get much better than this folks.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-03-21 22:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

is it bad that the first thing i thought of was red procs?
Oh ***, lol. Can't unsee!

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Probably.
Should be like House!
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-21 22:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Natenn said:

lmao
 Asura.Natenn
By Asura.Natenn 2011-03-21 22:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

damned Gil diggers
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 161 162 163