Romantically Frustrated?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Romantically frustrated?
Romantically frustrated?
First Page 2 3 ... 161 162 163
By zahrah 2011-03-21 21:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

/facepalm

Really? Just really? How is it hard to talk to another sex? Sorry to sound insensitive, but it's something you have to do every single day. When trying to build a romantic relationship, you speak to people you are interested in just the same as any other person you meet.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2011-03-21 21:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Dabackpack said:
Well, I was in a kind of "love triangle" a while back, but I don't think there's a geometric shape that exists which could describe what it was exactly. But I handled it the wrong way (doing nothing and hoping it to pass) and I'm still regretting it, because one of my close friends involved still holds a grudge, I suspect. And now I'm afraid to do anything else with love for that same reason. All my experiences have ended badly (not for myself, but for others).
ouch, you did nothing and your friend was hurt from that? They wanted you to intervene? And yeah understandable eeep > <

That's the paraphrased version; the person I liked was her best friend (very unlucky for me!) and it was clear that my other friend liked me, and when people found out that I liked this girl, BOTH of them got really angry at me for not handling it better.
Yes they can for sure!
Plus there's other people involved, nyeh. It's not fun, I'm on good terms with the girl I used to like, but the girl who liked me is still is angry at me (this happened several months ago). Guess girls can hold grudges.

EDIT: It wasn't that I was trying to manipulate anybody, but I didn't want ANYBODY to know any of this. I figured that I was willing to sacrifice my happiness to maintain the friendships we all had. But sadly, jealousy is not rational, and when this girl suspected it, she was not happy.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-21 21:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Does always being tossed into that "close-friend" spot when I really like the girl in question, but she always tends to date horrible types of guys count? :<
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-21 22:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Does always being tossed into that "close-friend" spot when I really like the girl in question, but she always tends to date horrible types of guys count? :<

[+]
By Serj 2011-03-21 22:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
/facepalm

Really? Just really? How is it hard to talk to another sex? Sorry to sound insensitive, but it's something you have to do every single day. When trying to build a romantic relationship, you speak to people you are interested in just the same as any other person you meet.

It's really, really hard. As a really shy guy, I assure you, it is really difficult. Nothing is a harder struggle than struggling with yourself.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-21 22:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
/facepalm

i went to an all guys highschool

never was able to on a daily basis during my 4 years of highschool

so now in college when i deal with it everyday i have trouble with it
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-21 22:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
zahrah said:
/facepalm

It's really, really hard. As a really shy guy, I assure you, it is really difficult. Nothing is a harder struggle than struggling with yourself.

im shy and i have that ***to deal with in my post above
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-21 22:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:
you women always twisting our words around
So true
They all do to a point. Some worse than others. I have a good memory and a lot of space on my phone. I keep calm and listen. But if it is BS there sprouting I am quick to point itcout and show them. They seem to listen.
Really? Somehow even with having proof I still lose.
i thought women were always right
No they just like to think so
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-21 22:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:

You probably come off too strongly as a sub. Girls don't like subs (not to be confused with girls don't like nice guys).
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-21 22:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
zahrah said:
/facepalm

Do you mean it's hard to talk to them in general? Or talk to that one person you really, really like?
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-21 22:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Serj said:
zahrah said:
/facepalm

This. So much.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-21 22:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

zahrah said:
/facepalm

Easy for you to say if that is a real life avatar. You can just sit there and let them come to you
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-21 22:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
You probably come off too strongly as a sub. Girls don't like subs *not to be confused with girls don't like nice guys*.
Wait but I thought you did?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-03-21 22:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Serj said:
zahrah said:
/facepalm

This. So much.
; - ; agreed
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-03-21 22:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Dabackpack said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Dabackpack said:
Well, I was in a kind of "love triangle" a while back, but I don't think there's a geometric shape that exists which could describe what it was exactly. But I handled it the wrong way (doing nothing and hoping it to pass) and I'm still regretting it, because one of my close friends involved still holds a grudge, I suspect. And now I'm afraid to do anything else with love for that same reason. All my experiences have ended badly (not for myself, but for others).
ouch, you did nothing and your friend was hurt from that? They wanted you to intervene? And yeah understandable eeep > <
That's the paraphrased version; the person I liked was her best friend (very unlucky for me!) and it was clear that my other friend liked me, and when people found out that I liked this girl, BOTH of them got really angry at me for not handling it better. Plus there's other people involved, nyeh. It's not fun, I'm on good terms with the girl I used to like, but the girl who liked me is still is angry at me (this happened several months ago). Guess girls can hold grudges. EDIT: It wasn't that I was trying to manipulate anybody, but I didn't want ANYBODY to know any of this. I figured that I was willing to sacrifice my happiness to maintain the friendships we all had. But sadly, jealousy is not rational, and when this girl suspected it, she was not happy.
Do you think the girl you like feels the same? you haven't mentioned what she desires at all unless you and her just weren't that close? And yeah grudge wise that would be understandable from her side of view. Inactivity can so easily be misconstrued as just not caring even if you did put effort in bleh > < Women don't handle subtle well compared to how well they deal it out I've found, unless you find an overthinker but that's even more problems at times -_-

Nah, she didn't feel the same way. We were (are) very close and she used to tell me about the boys she liked and everything. I put up with it and did my job as a friend, I think.
That's one of the reasons I decided not to do anything. I didn't want drama to happen, especially when I knew that nothing good would come of it for me.
But we did hang out together a lot, and my friend noticed and grew envious. Essentially, she reached the correct conclusion for the wrong reasons.

This whole thing has passed though, I guess I'm wondering how I should have handled it better.

Cerberus.Kiori said:
Love is fickle and jealousy is the bane of all relationships be it friends or love. Yes, women can hole grudges, but so do men. Either way I don't believe you handled it wrong per say...just others took it the wrong way. Did you know the one girl liked you before or after the jealously set in, and how did they find out about you liking the friend?

I knew that my friend liked me, but I knew her life was stressful and she was upset so I didn't think it was necessary to drop the bomb, at this time. There probably was the expectation of me telling her eventually, but for a guy it's hard to tell somebody something like that.

Meanwhile, I had confided me liking this girl in another friend of mine. This guy has classes with my other friend, and noticed that she was apparently really, really upset about the ordeal (I hadn't noticed it was this bad!) and he ultimately said, "Look, if you don't tell this girl you like her and end this pain with our friend, then I will tell BOTH of them."
So ended up telling both of the girls the story, and they got angry at me.

That's basically what happened.
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-03-21 22:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Dabackpack said:

That's the paraphrased version; the person I liked was her best friend (very unlucky for me!) and it was clear that my other friend liked me, and when people found out that I liked this girl, BOTH of them got really angry at me for not handling it better.

Plus there's other people involved, nyeh. It's not fun, I'm on good terms with the girl I used to like, but the girl who liked me is still is angry at me (this happened several months ago). Guess girls can hold grudges.

EDIT: It wasn't that I was trying to manipulate anybody, but I didn't want ANYBODY to know any of this. I figured that I was willing to sacrifice my happiness to maintain the friendships we all had. But sadly, jealousy is not rational, and when this girl suspected it, she was not happy.
Love is fickle and jealousy is the bane of all relationships be it friends or love. Yes, women can hole grudges, but so do men. Either way I don't believe you handled it wrong per say...just others took it the wrong way.

Did you know the one girl liked you before or after the jealously set in, and how did they find out about you liking the friend?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-21 22:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

You probably come off too strongly as a sub. Girls don't like subs (not to be confused with girls don't like nice guys).

What you mean as a sub? o.o
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-21 22:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
You probably come off too strongly as a sub. Girls don't like subs *not to be confused with girls don't like nice guys*.
Wait but I thought you did?

mmmm, Publix's are the best.
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-03-21 22:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone who doesn't stand up for themselves, for the most part.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-21 22:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Easy for you to say if that is a real life avatar. You can just sit there and let them come to you

Pretty much true of every woman.

I don't personally have any relationship frustrations, just wanted to +1 Dasva's post.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-21 22:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Linear said:
Someone who doesn't stand up for themselves, for the most part.

Ah, nah that's def not me<.< I get in trouble a lot because I can't keep my mouth shut. lol

Edit: Although, Im shy when I don't know people a lot.. :< And I'll admit that I have trouble expressing myself to girls that I really like, I can do it with friends or whatever, but It's nearly impossible to do with girls I like. :<
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-21 22:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

how do you know if a girl is interested in you?
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-03-21 22:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
how do you know a guy is interested in you? :3
 Bahamut.Lolserj
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2011-03-21 22:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

i dont even know

this is how bad i am with relationships and people in general
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-21 22:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chuuuuu said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

goes out of their way to talk to you, hang out with you, etc, doesnt help if youre oblivious.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-21 22:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So there's this girl I know. I'm not good with hints or anything so I've no clue if she likes me as more than a friend or just as a friend. I would say something but we've been friends for a while and I don't want to make things awkward. That being said, I went against my better judgment and it actually worked out. Three months later things are fine, but I go drinking and accidentally hook up w/ her friend, who said she would keep it secret, but you know how that goes. I didn't mean to, I should have never drank, and I don't know how to fix this.

And then...

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I can say is that this cab was rare
But I thought 'Man forget it' - 'Yo home to Bel Air'
[+]
 Asura.Allyson
By Asura.Allyson 2011-03-21 22:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me sum this thread up for anyone who doesn't want to read through all this, but has to satisfy their curiosity anyway.

Girls are:
scary
mean
always into mean guys :(
insensitive
mean
really mean to me

Relationship problems are:
scary
never my fault
unable to be fixed (please hold me)
ok maybe my fault, but damn she was a ***

The truth is relationships, and girls, are not that complicated. Much like men, women are going to come in all kinds. If you don't like the ones you've met and think they are all ***, go meet more. If you don't like yourself, work on changing the parts you hate. If your relationship fails, try again. If she doesn't like you, find someone else. If you don't want a relationship, go and be merry. Nobel peace prize, please.
[+]
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-03-21 22:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Asura.Chuuuuu said:
Bahamut.Lolserj said:

goes out of their way to talk to you, hang out with you, etc, doesnt help if youre oblivious.
yeah but could just be a friendly person :P i always have trouble with that and say f it lol
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-03-21 22:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Submissive: inclined or ready to submit; unresistingly or humbly obedient: submissive servants.

Basically, if she can get you to do whatever she wants you're a sub. And yes, this includes listening to her talking about other guys.
[+]