THE TP gear
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-14 19:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

^

And I'm pretty sure the +AGI effect is only for players, so I doubt -AGI is +TP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-14 19:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Unless they changed it while I was away from the game, BLU spells give 10 tp per hit, yes. ie Disseverement would be 50 TP. Keep in mind mobs use TP only when 200% unless below 25% HP.
above 50% they do it randomly when 200% or more though, only 25-49% do they always tp right at 200%

Below 25% HP threshold they just unload their TP as soon as it hits 100 iirc

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2011-06-14 19:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get off thf forum mab ;-;
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-14 20:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Unless they changed it while I was away from the game, BLU spells give 10 tp per hit, yes. ie Disseverement would be 50 TP. Keep in mind mobs use TP only when 200% unless below 25% HP.
above 50% they do it randomly when 200% or more though, only 25-49% do they always tp right at 200%

Below 25% HP threshold they just unload their TP as soon as it hits 100 iirc
yeah it's 100% below 25% I recall as well. amazing how many blu mages over the years needing spells didnt know these basics -_-

Take a mob to 24% and spam dia, diaga if you can survive 5 of that mob on you. done unit

BLU is mostly the reason I know how mob TP works lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-14 20:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
yeah it's 100% below 25% I recall as well. amazing how many blu mages over the years needing spells didnt know these basics -_-

Take a mob to 24% and spam dia, diaga if you can survive 5 of that mob on you. done unit
Blue Magic also taught me that certain NQ mobs do not exhibit this behavior, much to my surprise. I think it was dahaks that I first noticed this on.

Also: NIN/BST, target a level ~20ish bird in Buburimu, 195 delay weapon, 18 STP, dAGI and Subtle Blow capped. <pettp> returned a value of 20. Enemy TP gain is definitely not affected by player Store TP.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-14 20:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ya sorry, change the "TP/hit" in the bolded to "TP/second"- EXCUUUUUUUSE me for not being super technical.

I SAID

also

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Enemy TP gain is definitely not affected by player Store TP.

that's a relieve then i suppose; now i can go around not feeling as guilty whenever an annoying tp move goes off on a monster

still, wonder why i was given the impression otherwise back in the day

guess khimaira just wanted to beat my face in really bad those days
 Phoenix.Purraj
Server: Phoenix
user: Cbarra87
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-06-15 05:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, without quoting a massive amount...

Oneiros would technically be better outside if you can keep the latent up. It is a pain though Josiah, really. The reason is that you need 10 MP merits basically. You can try with Homam boots, but gearswaps, that ruin my MP totals like crazy cause me to constantly fall out of it, and it's almost ridiculous to reconsider merits that effect every job for an increase that an aspir could ruin. Also, with me trying to get a pair of Ryuga Sune-ate to TP, the 7 merits/Homam boots thing (or something similar) won't work. Demonry is far more intriguing and possibly not as hard to get as I made it seem, rightfully so in my linkshell (they aren't hyped for dyna again), but it all depends on definitive evidence that it's a sizable increase, like 5%. Lastly, without rereading it, whoever suggested that store tp give the mob more tp, frankly, needs to get off of advanced discussion forums, and go relearn game basics, because I literally laughed at it.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-15 07:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Purraj said:
raider's earring

elaborate trolling?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-15 07:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Phoenix.Purraj said:
raider's earring

elaborate trolling?
Raider's earring can beat brutal on thf in situations with large amounts of triple/double attack due to double attack being greatly devalued and the extra damage bonuses thf gets for triple attack. It's also a great piece for hybrid evasion builds.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-15 07:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

but then care to explain the dark rings in what appears to be a full-fledged evasion build?

twilight torque over torero torque too even, but i digress
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-15 07:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

but then care to explain the dark rings in what appears to be a full-fledged evasion build?

I use a PDT+Eva build for pulling fell cleaves. Not sure if that's what he's doing too, but I would assume something along those lines.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-15 07:51:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i wouldn't be using raider's/suppanomimi if that were the case then on the matter of a hybrid build for aeolian edging (or otherwise merely pulling), when there's -2% physical earrings to be had, for free; i'm sure there's a few other worthwhile trade-offs, even (denali wristbands come to mind, of which are used in a -magic set anyways)
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-15 07:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Does your max MP have to be above 100, or does current MP need to be above 100 while the ring is on? If it's the latter, that ring sucks unless you can maintain above 100 current MP including TP<>WS<>Eva etc swaps, somehow.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-15 11:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Phoenix.Purraj said:
raider's earring

elaborate trolling?
Raider's earring can beat brutal on thf in situations with large amounts of triple/double attack due to double attack being greatly devalued and the extra damage bonuses thf gets for triple attack. It's also a great piece for hybrid evasion builds.
Maybe I'm underrating Triplus, but exactly how large an amount are we talking about here? I'm just not seeing it.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-15 13:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Does your max MP have to be above 100, or does current MP need to be above 100 while the ring is on? If it's the latter, that ring sucks unless you can maintain above 100 current MP including TP<>WS<>Eva etc swaps, somehow.
mp merits, unless your ws gear includes "mp-90" gear

Almost makes me upset that I dropped my MP merits for HP merits on the basis of "I'm a Taru. :(" Oh well, maybe if I force this Epona's Ring on my SAM's finger it'll get on, eventually!
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2011-06-15 13:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Phoenix.Purraj said:
raider's earring

elaborate trolling?
Maybe I'm underrating Triplus, but exactly how large an amount are we talking about here? I'm just not seeing it.

I agree, and I definitely don't see Triplus making or breaking the argument of Raider's > Brutal's. How high of a DA chance is required to actually make 1% TA > 5% DA? You're not using DA atma and your TA is already rather high from Apoc, being a THF, merits, gear etc, further devalueing the 1% TA. We're looking at like 11% double attack on a normal THF TP set, where as triple attack is around 29% in gear/merits/Apoc atma (with triplus dagger) not including trait.

EDIT: So it would be:

Brutal Earring

11% Double Attack
29% Triple Attack + 5% (Trait)

vs

Raider's Earring

6% Double Attack
30% Triple Attack + 5% (Trait)
 Phoenix.Purraj
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-06-16 00:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't completely geared my idle set is all you're looking at. Stop reading so far into it. In the slots that you don't see evasion, and instead see PDT or the like, it's mostly because I already have that ***that I use on DRK and SMN, and it seems completely stupid to not wear them since they accomplish the same purpose to a degree, not getting raped. I have been shouting for a fugacity for over a week, am working on torero, alert, novia, and basically anything else that an EVA idle would need. That being said, I pretty much dodge almost anything that I need to when pulling already. Raider's is just there because it's a completely free option that I just came into. Phrygian +1 aren't exactly a dime a dozen, and I've already mentioned novia. Also, this ia all a bit off topic, as it's just an idle set, and has nothing to do with TP. Would you like to see my TP set?
 Phoenix.Purraj
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-06-16 00:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
mp merits, unless your ws gear includes "mp-90" gear

And while this makes perfect sense, it isn't practical for most. It's a tough pill to swallow when you consider rearranging merits for a decent ring. the same could be said about NOT having mp merits so that Uggy would always be active for AE. Just get a demonry, test it out, or tp in a rajas, or even a heed or a keen ring.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-16 02:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Purraj said:
Would you like to see my TP set?

nope, but i do appreciate you taking the time to type out that strong paragraph to justify your distinctive lack of -2% physical darkness/black earrings

:D
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-16 02:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

where do you get those earrings from?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-16 02:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

dat quest

takes about 7-12 minutes per repeat once you get the pattern down

you'll come to hate sippoy by the time you get a -2% physical earring of each type (to cease macro jamming, because x2 of the same type does that, i.e x2 dark rings, x2 merman's earrings/rings)
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-16 02:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-16 02:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

np broface
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-16 02:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

dat quest

takes about 7-12 minutes per repeat once you get the pattern down

you'll come to hate sippoy by the time you get a -2% physical earring of each type (to cease macro jamming, because x2 of the same type does that, i.e x2 dark rings, x2 merman's earrings/rings)
Can't you just put in a small wait timer between each earring to get past the jamming?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-06-16 02:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't have problems with dark rings just doing beginning/end of script (no spellcast), but never tried with more than one duplicate.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7