First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Laphine 2011-04-11 18:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Remora.Laphine said:
Well, i still doubt this can beat RR/AO/Apoc damage. Not only do you sacrifice attack gear, but you lose 50 attack from AO. This much attack might even beat what we get from an extra 8% DW in some occasions. Nevertheless Omnipotent sure has more usability than Alpha and Omega and its hp loss. So i guess this might be an option over GH if you still need hp security but not evasion or "subtle blow".
It shouldn't even be 8% DW. You can still cap haste without belt. And that's without using zelus

Oh yeah. I wouldn't call such set the end all be all though. It might be the best against normal mobs/weak nms, but against worthwhile nms i don't think anything can beat 4/5af. We have +30 acc with this combo(and +~20 attack), and it is certainly put to use on hard stuff. So again, ***is situational.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-11 18:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Remora.Laphine said:
Well, i still doubt this can beat RR/AO/Apoc damage. Not only do you sacrifice attack gear, but you lose 50 attack from AO. This much attack might even beat what we get from an extra 8% DW in some occasions. Nevertheless Omnipotent sure has more usability than Alpha and Omega and its hp loss. So i guess this might be an option over GH if you still need hp security but not evasion or "subtle blow".
It shouldn't even be 8% DW. You can still cap haste without belt. And that's without using zelus
Oh yeah. I wouldn't call such set the end all be all though. It might be the best against normal mobs/weak nms, but against worthwhile nms i don't think anything can beat 4/5af. We have +30 acc with this combo(and +~20 attack), and it is certainly put to use on hard stuff. So again, ***is situational.
Idk I kinda like nusku's evasion and subtle blow ftw. And you still wearing 3/5 then. And you getting some of that acc from the hands back with rapides. Guess really one of those situations where is a little more acc att better than 5% DW/SB/Evasion

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-11 19:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Also, heres my TP set. Outside of the obvious +1 body/+2s in general, any suggestions?
When I had a setup like that I focused on getting rid of wasted haste slots like hands and focus on af3 there or even ludic until then depending on the mob you're fighting etc. Could get away with swapping dusk or ballerines out

What race are you?
um what?
The guy is sitting at 27% haste and the two pieces he's using to get 27% give
~Attack-5
~Evasion+5

So I suggested getting something more efficient for the two slots to still reach 26% that's all. Like working on thf af3 hands +1/2 and then work on +2 body head or legs. Only need 2/3 +2 to cap haste without hands or rapidus anyways, that was all.

Thanks to our gear options even if you had nothing +2 you could reach 25% haste without using hands on thf and I'd hate to see dusk used just for that 0.percentage of haste
at 27 haste you can afford to lose 1-2% "visible" haste. dropping dusk for af3 is a loss of 3 haste, and he'd be at 24. i have no idea why you suggested ludic mitts, unless i'm missing something.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-11 20:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are ludic mitts even being mentioned? Am I missing some prodigious hidden effect on them? 'Cause the base stats are terribad since whatever bonus you might've gotten from the +8 DEX is likely to be lost because of the -15 Atk, which is really bad on THF imo.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-11 20:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

people have been mentioning different builds, like focusing on more dw and playing with haste from omnipotent, so it's possible that af3 hands aren't the best for tp.

assuming no dw gear (meaning body/nusku), yes af3 hands are good to wear if you're capping haste elsewhere. my original "um what" was @ludic mitts, because unless i'm missing something they're pretty worthless.

dropping ballerines for aurore is not capping haste, but adds 5 dex like you said (which isn't really important) and 5 att. haste is still capped with aurore, so you gain movement speed and str, and lose a tiny bit of attack.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-11 20:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Edit* regarding Ludic they can be used until af3 hands are +1 for a none haste hand sorry if that wasn't clear, at work and keep walking away from desk/coming back

There are even better hands to choose from. If you're looking after some STR and DEX bonuses I'd suggest ample gloves which drop off a time pop NM in Aby.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-11 20:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Why are ludic mitts even being mentioned? Am I missing some prodigious hidden effect on them? 'Cause the base stats are terribad since whatever bonus you might've gotten from the +8 DEX is likely to be lost because of the -15 Atk, which is really bad on THF imo.
this is what i was getting at, going from dusk to ludic is a loss of 1.whatever haste and 20 att.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-11 20:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lucid is only good on jobs that don't use the att.
 Ramuh.Yarly
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-04-11 20:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ recommending ludic mitts

the dex+8 and atk-15 work out to almost negating each other
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-11 20:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lucid is only good on jobs that don't use the att.

Something sounds terribly wrong with that lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-11 20:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said:
lol

@ recommending ludic mitts the dex+8 and atk-15 work out to almost negating each other
Actually the -att in some situations is probably enough to make you do less dmg than if you wore nothing

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-11 20:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

For haste free hands you could use slither gloves, derobade mittens, Alcide's mitts, ample gloves

Dusk gloves aren't that bad either. I don't understand the concirn over the -movement speed since all you need to do in Oshi situations is take them off in favor of something else. Gotta remember also that Dusks offer HP+, which isn't one of THF's highest stats and can always come in handy those times you get hit.

Race doesn't do as much as you'd think imo. Attack food can help but so can not wearing -Atk gear just to bump your Dex a 'lil higher.

Edit: Funny thing about Dusk gloves. A few days ago I left a comment on some guy's pic showing a 3 Haste augment on a Dominion WAR/DRK pair of gloves. Honestly, why would anyone worry about getting such gloves considering Dusks are dirt cheap, there are higher Haste+ gloves for both jobs (more for DRK) and WAR's ideal TP build doesn't even have haste on hands?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-11 20:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's all agree that once one obtains AF3+1 Ludic mitts can be forgotten then ;P

Honeslty though, personally I'd never use them from start anyways, and it's not because my char is mithra

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-04-12 11:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, we can finally have our answers! Kinematics released a beta version of a thief spreadsheet today (here). And it's awesome, it considers sa/ta damage (something forgotten on most thief damage calculations) and atmas. gogogo~
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-12 16:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you could just not use lucid still eat att food and have slighlty lower dex and MUCH higher att. Seriously unless you capping pdif there is a good chance that those gloves will actually lower your dmg compared to wearing nothing
 Ragnarok.Neraya
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2011-04-13 06:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Apoptygma said:
That spreadsheet is broke, or at least the melee portion.
2 identical setups... resulting 213.267 & 207.434
And who knows what else?
Go check SA & TA setup... not the same :P And those set are counted toward overall dps.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-04-13 11:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops. Ur right, mah bad.
 Phoenix.Marsilio
Server: Phoenix
user: Cbarra
By Phoenix.Marsilio 2011-05-03 05:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Apoptygma said:

Kila +2: 9Str 20Att
Mirke Wardecors: 3%DW 2%DA
RR/Omni/Apoc

After several days of parsing different Offhand/Gear Variations, I believe this to be one the most effective DPS builds at this time. (If not the best)
Tests were conducted on IT Dolls and Dhalmels in Abyssea without the use of Aftermath, which will soon be my next project.
Surprisingly, I also feel that this set holds up outside of Abyssea as well, but I haven't gotten a chance to parse it out either.
The only improvements I can forsee would be swapping in Mandau & Strigoi Ring. But I don't have either so I'll have to wait on that.

Off topic, Here's a few personal bests using Rudra's.

Do you take into account the massive drop in Crit Rate from not using GH or DD? 54% Crit rate vs 74% should vastly outparse a tad more dmg from your Kila and Mirke, assuming you'd use Triplus in it's place. Without Omnipotent your set fails miserably in comparison to Hagino's. Hagino's minus the PCC for Agasaya's/Love Torque/Crit Rate Wivre Gorget and you're basically perfect. Obviously in certain situations you may see better results from slight tweaks, but in general that set is gravy, and though My Twashtar is only 80 atm, that is the set I use.

Essentially you are trading 9 STR, 20 ATK, 3 DW, 2 DA, -5 ATK and Tiercel Necklace against 3 TA, increased TA DMG by 2%, 6 ACC, 5 Dagger Skill, 10 DEX, and any of the necks I mentioned above. I am not mentioning the 10% haste from AoO as it is only used to equalize the loss between sets. There is no equalizing 20% crit rate. The 50 DEX and 50 AGI between sets isn't an irrelevant or inconsequential difference, but 40 DEX won't beat 20% crit rate.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-05-03 11:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you overestimate crits a bit too much, and in reality neither GH or DD are the best options to deal damage. Last week i posted here a comparison between Apoptygma's set with RR/omni/apoc vs 4/5 af with GH or AO using kinematics damage spreadsheet. As we can see there, the difference is much smaller than what you might think. So small that any situation that you do need the acc provided by 50 dex, the combo will pull ahead.

Apoptygma's combo should be the best thing we have against hard nms. Actually, no, AO should be better than Apoc if raw damage is what we are lookin for.

Of course there is nothing like an end all be all answer, and this set is cleary not the best against weak stuff. Still, the best set for that is a variation from Apoptygma's, using 25% haste gear and preserving nusku's sash. And with this set RR/AO/Apoc is again the best atma combo to deal damage.
 Phoenix.Purraj
user: Cbarra87
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-05-04 13:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
I think you overestimate crits a bit too much, and in reality neither GH or DD are the best options to deal damage. Last week i posted here a comparison between Apoptygma's set with RR/omni/apoc vs 4/5 af with GH or AO using kinematics damage spreadsheet. As we can see there, the difference is much smaller than what you might think. So small that any situation that you do need the acc provided by 50 dex, the combo will pull ahead.

Apoptygma's combo should be the best thing we have against hard nms. Actually, no, AO should be better than Apoc if raw damage is what we are lookin for.

Of course there is nothing like an end all be all answer, and this set is cleary not the best against weak stuff. Still, the best set for that is a variation from Apoptygma's, using 25% haste gear and preserving nusku's sash. And with this set RR/AO/Apoc is again the best atma combo to deal damage.

/facepalm

1. The topic clearly wasn't an almost benign increase in DMG to WSs by that 50 DEX, we're talking full on DPS. If you'd rather Epeen, be my guest.

2. You obviously can't comprehend how 74% crit rate will effect your DPS versus 54%. You seem to forget that we do a large portion of our DMG from the massive amounts of hits that we land IN ORDER to use those big juicy WSs.

3. I saw absolutely nothing conclusive, or rather relevant to the the topic of the thread, "THE TP gear".

PS. Get out of here with even the mention of ACC being a problem. It doesn't even deserve a real retort. In before Flame Skimmer.

Edit: As many have said before, unless you suck, you will use Evisceration at several points within Abyssea. Parse 20 of them and tell me how 50 DEX does against 20% crit increase.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-05-04 15:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

1. indeed

2. you are wrong

3. i guess

ps: your ps is wrong

kthxbye
 Phoenix.Purraj
user: Cbarra87
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-05-05 01:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

2. Wrong about what? You seriously don't see the value in 20% critical hit rate? Really?

PS. What the *** are you missing on that ACC is an issue? Don't forget my Homam boots give 6, my Raider's vest +2 gives 7.5, which are both values his set are missing, in terms of just gear. How the *** are you whiffing on ***? Name the mob.

Your kthxbye insinuates you've somehow proved yourself superior, or your logic. I fail to see how.
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-05-05 12:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

The purpose of my other post was to refrain from explanations. You didn't provide any real explanation as to why 20% crit is better and so, since your posts can too be read as "you are wrong", i decided i would post in that same way as well.

Anyway, crit from GH is good. There are just (more common) situations where other things (AO) offer more. For GH to beat AO we need a monster with an incredible defense rating, something well over 600, which might or not be feasible. I kinda feel this isn't possible, but i never really analyzed any of the big nm parses i have.

Now as a Twashtar wielder, GH offer even less. Crit rate won't affect Rudra's Storm. Of course, we still have to fallback to evisceration quite a bit so 20% crit isn't completely wasted, but still, options like AO and omni boost both our ws 100% of the time, and this certainly is an advantage.

If you wanna reliably check GH vs AO and others, download kinematics spreadsheet and try it out. Just scroll up a little and you will get the link.

Finally, the acc thing is something i postulated a while ago based on my orthrus spamming experience. Truth be told i didn't have any orthrus parses as thief, but had a few as nin, and its acc was lackluster. Under 70% hit rate. This isn't good at all. Considering my thief had a bit over 30 acc, it certainly wouldn't be any good for it too. With that in mind it wasn't hard to generalize the acc issue for all final tier heroes nms.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7