First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-16 02:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Because of how Triple attack procs over Double attack, increasing it devalues addition Triple attack AND all current and future Double attack. If we consider a base set of 8% DA (epona's, twilight, atheling) and 34% TA (Triplus, epona's, bonnet, Apoc, trait/merits) then (ignoring increased TA damage and set bonus procs) we have a total multi-attack potency (average # extra attacks per 100) of 68+8(1-0.34)=73.28. With Brutal that becomes 68+13(1-0.34)=76.58. With Raider's that becomes 70+8(1-0.35)=75.2. So, the brutal will win by 1.38 extra swings on average.

The question is, will factoring in the bonus triple attack damage and set bonus procs push that 75.2 over 76.58. I don't know of a fair way to factor those in right now.

inb4 you didn't factor in diminishing returns. These calculations are based on the total values of the entire set. Diminishing returns is only factored when calculating the additional bonus of a piece on top of an existing set.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-16 03:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You would need a pretty significant increase in damage to beat a straight ws frequency increase. I haven't seen much from Triplus, and I'm expecting Demonry to be much the same. I've only heard a reportedly 5% increase, but even still that only applies to less than half of your attack round, so I'm not really favoring Raider's earring.
 Phoenix.Purraj
user: Cbarra87
By Phoenix.Purraj 2011-06-16 06:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
Phoenix.Purraj said:
Would you like to see my TP set?

nope, but i do appreciate you taking the time to type out that strong paragraph to justify your distinctive lack of -2% physical darkness/black earrings

:D

I simply don't have them because I haven't done the quest enough to see them drop. You act as if I have spoken out against them. Why is it that you seem so ornery about something completely irrelevant to the topic of a thread, and attempt to call me out (to a degree) because my idle set obviously makes your taint itch? Settle down about it and stay on point. I do just fine as is with my idle gear, and as I get better, which I work on, you will see it in there.

EDIT: BAWWWWWWW why do you idle in an eyepatch, it's useless, BAWWWWW?!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-16 07:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Rarely do both Dark Rings etc go on correctly, I gotta push my macro twice for it to register usually; got the wait plugin too.

Put one dark ring at the top of your gearswap script, and the other at the bottom.
Will work 99% of the time.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-06-16 07:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Purraj said:
EDIT: BAWWWWWWW why do you idle in an eyepatch, it's useless, BAWWWWW?!

i put it on because adaman barbuta (regen +3) is ugly in town >:( well, that, and i figured you'd say something about it too here in retort (mission accomplished)

and yes, talking about idle equipment is semi-off-topic, but it's not like thf gear needs a hardcore discussion anywho when all it's used for in the first place is treasure hunter :D:D:D
 Phoenix.Hagino
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-06-16 18:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow i took a break for 3 months and thought best TP gear was already decided long ago. 4/5 + homam....now you do have that new feet but its just 4 more acc~

I just picked up a demonry ring to replace my raja a couple nights ago.

gorget is crit hit rate +2 and subtle blow 3

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-06-17 05:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

you're losing 2 +2 pieces from the set change. with af3 proc alone i see 500-700 damage per swing which completely offsets 10% more damage from a 200 damage hit.

That's without aftermath as well.

*edit*

eat red curry hit fast and hard!

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Katori
Server: Gilgamesh
user: agroyboy
By Gilgamesh.Katori 2011-06-17 12:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i know im far off but glavo is an easy trio these days. ki just sucks to get
 Phoenix.Hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-06-17 18:52:34
Link | Quote | Reply

everything is easy these days.
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-06-17 22:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nusku's Sash is severly overlooked

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-06-17 22:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

A few days back, Night mentioned oneiros knife as it seems to have +10% Crit dmg. That would probably make a much better choice than rapidus, at least for inside Aby

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-06-18 01:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

so... ignoring the 100mp latent.
Oneiros Ring? or Demonry Ring?
 Leviathan.Mdkuser
Server: Leviathan
user: monchat
By Leviathan.Mdkuser 2011-06-19 16:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I don't know if Oneiros beat's triplus but it sure looks like it (inside abyssea)

Almost as strong as X's knife but the rapidus sirocci delay, nice

Odin.Sheelay said:
A few days back, Night mentioned oneiros knife as it seems to have +10% Crit dmg. That would probably make a much better choice than rapidus, at least for inside Aby

triplus is not hard to beat really (because you start with a high TA value, especially inside abyssea..). a STR kila+2 beats it outside abyssea, inside bothe are about even. Oneiros knife looks great, but only if you use evisceration, obviously. so abyssea only. ourside, kila+2 x2 still the best if you dont have relic/emp.

edit: I'm not even sure anymore if triplus doesn't completly suck ( for thf) in abyssea. With appocalypse atma, you've got 31% triple attack, 11% double attack. That's, 31% chance of 3-hit, 0.69*0.11=7.6% chance of 2-hits, and 0.69*0.89=61.4% chance of 1-hit.

If you do 100 hits, then 100*0.31*3/(0.31*3+0.076*2+0.614)=55.8 are tripple attacks, 100*0.076*2/(0.31*3+0.076*2+0.614)=8.96 are double attacks. In other world the 3% from triplus only apply to 36% of your hits.... that's terrible. 3% of 36% is like +1% hits and +1% WS freq ( aprroximately). the +25 attacks, higher base dmg on kila+2 largely beats that.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2011-06-20 19:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Phoenix.Hagino said:
Wow i took a break for 3 months and thought best TP gear was already decided long ago. 4/5 + homam....now you do have that new feet but its just 4 more acc~

I just picked up a demonry ring to replace my raja a couple nights ago.

gorget is crit hit rate +2 and subtle blow 3
I've yet to see any evidence that swapping
body for loki's,
boomerang for Qirmiz Tathlum
feet for ballerines and
hands for dusk +1

wouldn't produce more dmg when tping. Critical hit rate is so obscene and every single one is 10% stronger? imagine with your ODD too plus you're adding some store tp to help. Yeah you get slightly less attacks per minute and you lose is a bit of attack/str when it's already obscenely high in abyssea and less of a chance for af3+2 proc but the 10% boost in dmg in all those normal crits should be worth it, no?

Raider's Boom is always better than Qirmiz, so leaving that on.

On fodder mobs, going for AF3+2 body/hands + homam to Loki/Dusk+1/Ballerine's is minor improvement, from 330.6 to 333.9.

On tougher mobs (Bhukis sample), going for AF3+2 body/hands + homam to Loki/Dusk+1/Ballerine's is significant loss, from 231.5 to 213.6.

In balance, I'd go with the AF3+2/Homam combo. The loss against weak mobs isn't much, and the gain on tough mobs is pretty large, and despite the complexity of my gear macros I do still try to keep things simple. One could argue for multi-tier target difficulty sets (which I do in fact use), but it doesn't seem worth the 2 extra inventory slots either.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-17 00:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the Necro bump.

People have been saying that a Loki's Kaftan with the following set is probably the best you can get for THF. Would Mirke Wardecors with Dual Wield +3 be better than Loki's though?

Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-17 01:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I would use rancor collar over Agasaya. I also find it very hard to take off my AF3+2 hands/body in favor of dusk+1. The stats on AF hands are extremely good on any NM that matters.
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-07-18 11:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Sorry for the Necro bump.

People have been saying that a Loki's Kaftan with the following set is probably the best you can get for THF. Would Mirke Wardecors with Dual Wield +3 be better than Loki's though?

I actually toyed around with this set before

I didn't personally like it. However, I don't have very good parsing since I spend so much time in my events calling lots, giving directions, doing DKP and what not for my parses to be very reliable.

But if you just look at it with numbers (converting skill to acc/attk for ease of reference), we're looking at -13 DEX, -3 STR, -20 ATK, -27 ACC for Dual Wield 3% and whatever the second augment is (acc is safest if you are trying to make this viable on tougher mobs, crit rate if you're looking an optimal fodder clearing TP set).

Now consider the post above you, the Loki's set is a bare improvement over AF3+2/Ryuga on easy mobs and started to lag behind on harder mobs. Comparatively that is a differential of -2 Dex, -8 STR, -5 skill, -20 ATK, -27 ACC for Critical DMG +5% and STP +7.

Based on that, I'd be inclined the Mirke Set would beat the Loki's set but would still suffer from the same drawbacks on harder mobs. Assuming you choose crit as the second augment, we're looking at a loss of -21 ATK and -33.5 acc, which can really hurt when you're fighting against something challenging. Going with either accuracy or an attack secondary augment makes it better, but it's likely going to lag behind. Attack frequency only helps so long as your accuracy/attack sustain a good return on that investment.

I'm also inclined to believe that it would be better to try use Nuska's Sash rather than Mirke Wardecors.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7