Arcane Crest
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2010-12-02 04:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guy's it's okay, the new scythe in the .dats that presumably drops from Shinryuu is gonna have a weapon specific WS that can crit.

but it drops at 0.1% rate and is as hard as AV at 75 :D
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-12-02 04:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Starr said:
Hey guy's it's okay, the new scythe in the .dats that presumably drops from Shinryuu is gonna have a weapon specific WS that can crit. but it drops at 0.1% rate and is as hard as AV at 75 :D

why exactly do people think this shinyuu is the new AV? did I miss a memo that said it was going to be ridiculous? someone explain D:
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-02 05:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Primal Brew, problem solved.
 Ragnarok.Calif
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Calif 2010-12-02 05:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

While I am as disgruntled as everyone else at this non-update for DRK, all of the conclusions of it being the least powerful DD at the moment are based around the standard RR/VV atmas.

Remember there's a whole new abyssea coming, with new atmas, so here's my question: assuming that other jobs stick with RR because they are more crit-oriented, what kind of other atma stats would DRK need to be able to get on par?

Aside from that, a trait I'd really like to see would be something like "Dark Boost" where certain physical attributes are increased cumulatively with every dark magic spell cast and lasts until zoning. Gives us a reason to keep casting. Otherwise, I'm just holding out for ABS-Haste at 99.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-02 06:05:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Calif said:
While I am as disgruntled as everyone else at this non-update for DRK, all of the conclusions of it being the least powerful DD at the moment are based around the standard RR/VV atmas.

Remember there's a whole new abyssea coming, with new atmas, so here's my question: assuming that other jobs stick with RR because they are more crit-oriented, what kind of other atma stats would DRK need to be able to get on par?

Aside from that, a trait I'd really like to see would be something like "Dark Boost" where certain physical attributes are increased cumulatively with every dark magic spell cast and lasts until zoning. Gives us a reason to keep casting. Otherwise, I'm just holding out for ABS-Haste at 99.

There really is no Atma that could boost DRK enough to where it would be better than a RR/VV DD with a Crit WS.

Cause if it was better than VV, The DD on RR/VV would switch to RR/New Atma, if it was better than RR Crit wise, it would be pointless for DRK's current situation, with having no serious Critical hit WS's.

That being said, DRKs should probably bust out an Axe or a Sword and use Rampage/Vorpal until they add a respectable Scythe WS.

Cause as it currently stands, Axe or Sword DRKs out DD Scythe DRKs inside Abyssea if they have RR/VV x.x;
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-02 06:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solanis said:
Cerberus.Starr said:
Hey guy's it's okay, the new scythe in the .dats that presumably drops from Shinryuu is gonna have a weapon specific WS that can crit. but it drops at 0.1% rate and is as hard as AV at 75 :D

why exactly do people think this shinyuu is the new AV? did I miss a memo that said it was going to be ridiculous? someone explain D:

Shniryu is always really hard in all FF games. In the FF games he's in, he's the hardest super boss. (bar X)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-02 07:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Cerberus.Starr said:

Shniryu is always really hard in all FF games. In the FF games he's in, he's the hardest super boss. (bar X)
If he's a mission/quest mob, he'll be easy. Nothing in the game that's ever been hard storyline wise (in before u/o; that was easy lol). If he's a standalone, then he may offer some difficulty.
By Pawnskipper 2010-12-02 07:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
Anyone else getting hit with rate downs by butt hurt people? D: What am I saying wrong here? Is working on walk of echos or a Caladbolg so bad if you love your job class and don't want to abandon it?

^ I agree with this

I do agree this update for drk sucks. But im not changing my career job until I see what level 99 holds for us. SE has 9 levels to spam some bad *** abilities and spells.
 Cerberus.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Cerberus.Urteil 2010-12-02 08:37:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be pissed, but I was also pissed all of 2009, and most of 2008.

I don't agree with quitting, not with 9 more levels to go.

I was just pretty much laughing at all the new seals, because lets be honest, it was pretty *** bad.
 Cerberus.Carinde
user: Jacinda
By Cerberus.Carinde 2010-12-02 09:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Urteil said:
I might be pissed, but I was also pissed all of 2009, and most of 2008.

I don't agree with quitting, not with 9 more levels to go.

I was just pretty much laughing at all the new seals, because lets be honest, it was pretty *** bad.

Look on the bright side...you could've got Treasure Hunter like Rangers did. >.>
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-02 09:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That would make us useful.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-12-02 09:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i am no DRK, but it would be nice to see it become a pet job like DRG is and be able to fight alongside i dont know.. a weapon or an imp ?
what you guys think?

That at least will help get up to par with other DD
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-02 10:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Eneas said:
i am no DRK, but it would be nice to see it become a pet job like DRG is and be able to fight alongside i dont know.. a weapon or an imp ? what you guys think? That at least will help get up to par with other DD
or you turn into a demon looking thing, and swing faster/hit harder/look badass?
like the dervish in guildwars :D
[+]
 Ramuh.Nesya
Server: Ramuh
user: Nesya
By Ramuh.Nesya 2010-12-02 10:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

devil trigger ftw XD
[+]
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2010-12-02 11:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just fixing last resort timers would fix quite a bit of what is hurting drk atm. That and a crit /ws... Perhaps when new content is released and abyssea is the new sea/sky we will fit in again. Can dream right?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-02 14:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
i am no DRK, but it would be nice to see it become a pet job like DRG is and be able to fight alongside i dont know.. a weapon or an imp ? what you guys think? That at least will help get up to par with other DD
or you turn into a demon looking thing, and swing faster/hit harder/look badass?
like the dervish in guildwars :D
That's what Arcane Crest should have been. -_-
 Cerberus.Starr
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2010-12-02 17:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah cus Shinryuu was *** BOSS like in FFIV, but it dropped a Polearm so it's kinda *** this drops a scythe. I guess they're trying to be nice cus Odin drops a Polearm, even though it's ***now.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-12-03 07:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

off note or not, do you think there is any chance of them increasing the attack cap?

In abyssea it really isnt that hard to hit it, and at lv 99 it will be even easier. Any thoughts on that?
 Diabolos.Drago
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Drago 2010-12-03 08:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leondimas said:
That's it, I'm done. I can't take it anymore. Being an 83 PLD and 85 DRK, there's no reason to continue paying for this game. It's like paying someone slap you in the face. I have absolutely ZER0 faith that further update notes will change my mind. You can bet your *** I will send feedback before I cancel.

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-12-03 08:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I CAN'T HAVE FUN IN THIS GAME UNLESS I'M OUTPARSING EVERYONE TWICE OVER WITH MY FIVE-HIT CRITICAL WEAPONSKILL DRK IS THE WORST JOB EVER

Really?
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-03 08:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Aulse said:
I CAN'T HAVE FUN IN THIS GAME UNLESS I'M OUTPARSING EVERYONE TWICE OVER WITH MY FIVE-HIT CRITICAL WEAPONSKILL DRK IS THE WORST JOB EVER Really?

No, I dont think thats it at all. We just think SE has no idea what where they want to go with DRK. And this is made evident by the fact that they keep giving us useless abilities and in no way are helping our "Powerful dmg dealers who further their dmg through magic". Like I said before, they have 9 levels to spam decent abilities and spells for us. And I get the feeling that our next big ability will have something to do with Parry. Because why in gods name would you give T. Parry to a job with virtually none at all. Maybe they are looking to make us the ultimate combat casters. Who knows? Whatever they have planned, its gonna take nothing short of some broken ***to make most of us happy. Cause right now, adding drk to a party could be akin to party space -1 considering what other jobs do. Its sad that right now the only way to compete is to have ungodly gear, where as most other jobs just get good stuff in general just by reaching a certain level. Thanks SE. Just thanks
 Cerberus.Dominik
user: Dominik23
By Cerberus.Dominik 2010-12-03 09:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

New update infos didnt say anything about Drk, so i just hope they think again about Drk insteat of giving a useless Ja. better nothing than some crappy ***and give us something usefull for waiting :p
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-03 09:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dominik said:
New update infos didnt say anything about Drk, so i just hope they think again about Drk insteat of giving a useless Ja. better nothing than some crappy ***and give us something usefull for waiting :p

We have been waiting for 90 levels. I think I can wait 9 more. And yes, unless they come out with some decent arcane mobs with decent drops, Arcane Crest will be as useless as circle. A great chance to give us a decent ability and they give us....a......crest. Here is hoping our AF3 body and hands are beast. But dont hope too much.
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 09:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i just read the update notes and im pissed... glad i have blu geared really well too to fall back on ><
 Jar
By Jar 2010-12-03 10:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

att
Valefor.Ivaan said:
off note or not, do you think there is any chance of them increasing the attack cap?

In abyssea it really isnt that hard to hit it, and at lv 99 it will be even easier. Any thoughts on that?
attack already goes above 999 just not on your equipment screen
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-03 10:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Calif said:
While I am as disgruntled as everyone else at this non-update for DRK, all of the conclusions of it being the least powerful DD at the moment are based around the standard RR/VV atmas. Remember there's a whole new abyssea coming, with new atmas, so here's my question: assuming that other jobs stick with RR because they are more crit-oriented, what kind of other atma stats would DRK need to be able to get on par? Aside from that, a trait I'd really like to see would be something like "Dark Boost" where certain physical attributes are increased cumulatively with every dark magic spell cast and lasts until zoning. Gives us a reason to keep casting. Otherwise, I'm just holding out for ABS-Haste at 99.

Atma of the Souleater Damage x 300%

and

Atma of the Scythe/Great Sword Weaponskill Damage x 200%

These would be a good start.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-03 10:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
Quetzalcoatl.Aulse said:
I CAN'T HAVE FUN IN THIS GAME UNLESS I'M OUTPARSING EVERYONE TWICE OVER WITH MY FIVE-HIT CRITICAL WEAPONSKILL DRK IS THE WORST JOB EVER Really?

No, I dont think thats it at all. We just think SE has no idea what where they want to go with DRK. And this is made evident by the fact that they keep giving us useless abilities and in no way are helping our "Powerful dmg dealers who further their dmg through magic". Like I said before, they have 9 levels to spam decent abilities and spells for us. And I get the feeling that our next big ability will have something to do with Parry. Because why in gods name would you give T. Parry to a job with virtually none at all. Maybe they are looking to make us the ultimate combat casters. Who knows? Whatever they have planned, its gonna take nothing short of some broken ***to make most of us happy. Cause right now, adding drk to a party could be akin to party space -1 considering what other jobs do. Its sad that right now the only way to compete is to have ungodly gear, where as most other jobs just get good stuff in general just by reaching a certain level. Thanks SE. Just thanks
quoted for truth. We just want be on par with other DDs. SE is just really not getting it... /DRKrage
Jar said:
i just read the update notes and im pissed... glad i have blu geared really well too to fall back on ><
You and me both. I also have NIN, but I sadly haven't touched it lately, as awesome as it's become (and will soon be better with Ninjutsu update!). @_@
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-12-03 10:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I am no Drk, but this thread belongs with the threads that came out with the first level increase. Everyone bemoaning SE about everything. Then the bemoaning became excitement. And the funny thing is, it's mostly the same people. shut up already and give it a chance, like you did before. "Gimped" starts in the mind. You're NOT a gimped Drk if you don't have a fkn K-club, and you're NOT gonna be gimped if you don't have this scyth. Geez already, are you really gonna say " I quit ffxi cause the scyth I WANTED was dropped from an impossible NM"
[+]
 Bismarck.Mitchel
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2010-12-03 10:32:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I am no Drk, but this thread belongs with the threads that came out with the first level increase. Everyone bemoaning SE about everything. Then the bemoaning became excitement. And the funny thing is, it's mostly the same people. shut up already and give it a chance, like you did before. "Gimped" starts in the mind. You're NOT a gimped Drk if you don't have a fkn K-club, and you're NOT gonna be gimped if you don't have this scyth. Geez already, are you really gonna say " I quit ffxi cause the scyth I WANTED was dropped from an impossible NM"

woosh?