Arcane Crest
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Cerberus.Dominik
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Dominik23
By Cerberus.Dominik 2010-12-01 14:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

https://support.eu.square-enix.com > Contact > and write a Feedback there. i give it a chance maybe SE listens
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-01 14:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Update of champions
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-01 14:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you guys are really sending feedback, regardless of whether or not SE actually listens, don't forget to include a demand/request for the following:

Increased Last resort duration (at least to 1 minute or more).

And better Weaponskills (particularly multi-hit Critical WSs for Scythe and/or Greatsword).

Really, fixing DRK is not that hard. How SE can be this clueless is beyond me. They have stated numerous times that they aim to maintain game balance, yet they're failing miserably without even realizing it apparently.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-01 14:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

When SAM was very high tier, they seemed to just love buffing it ever further. SE's approach seems to be to deliberately create a couple of overpowered melee jobs and then justify the others with UTILITY!1
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-01 14:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dominik said:
https://support.eu.square-enix.com > Contact > and write a Feedback there. i give it a chance maybe SE listens
Quote:
Greetings. I am very pleased with today's update notes. I believe you guys are taking a step in the right direction and I am proud of your hard work and dedication to the player base.

Thanks again,
Bovice

Submitted
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-01 14:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

this better be job adjustments/adds I

hopefully tomorrow job adjustments/adds II comes out along with a weaponskill video of omnislash for drk
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-01 14:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Dominik said:
Quote:
Greetings. I am very pleased with today's update notes. I believe you guys are taking a step in the right direction and I am proud of your hard work and dedication to the player base.

Thanks again,
Bovice

Submitted

Of course you're pleased with MNK and WAR... <.<

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
this better be job adjustments/adds I

hopefully tomorrow job adjustments/adds II comes out along with a weaponskill video of omnislash for drk

I don't know how you can still be so optimistic...to say the least.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-01 15:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well everyone in the war's pt benefits from the JA just as much as they do, lol since it's AoE. So I don't see why ppl are complaining about that one.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-01 15:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Square-Enix,
After years of playing Final Fantasy XI, this latest addition of job abilities&spells to be added in the upcomming update does not justify playing the Dark Knight job anymore. Please consider adding abilities/weaponskills/spells that permit Dark Knights to be powerful damage dealers with the capability to further their damage through use of select black magic spells.
Here is some suggestions:
A Multiple critical hit weaponskill for Greatsword and Scythe unique to Dark Knight.
Extend Last Resort duration
Better and More Absorb spells
Job abilities that enhance damage of Dark Knight.
Unique Dark Knight spells that do decent amount of elemental damage
Also addition of better job traits that enhance magic,melee,weaponskill damage
This is all I ask for.
Sincerely,
Me
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-01 15:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more talking about the state of the jobs overall though.
 Ifrit.Radel
Server: Ifrit
user: Radel
By Ifrit.Radel 2010-12-01 15:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Well everyone in the war's pt benefits from the JA just as much as they do, lol since it's AoE. So I don't see why ppl are complaining about that one.

Well take look that drk may not end up in war's pt to gain the effect, and to be honest I don't want to have the effect off a war I want to be the one to cast it on myself.

As a Drk we want to be overpowering, crit hit above everyone else, weaponskill to overpower a rng. I don't want to be faster, or hit multiple times. Yes it would be nice, but I want the power to lash out unknown amounts of power. But ... by looks of the update I am goin to be a Cor for many more days lol
 Ifrit.Radel
By Ifrit.Radel 2010-12-01 15:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
and More Absorb spells

teir II absorb spells <Yes, Please.>
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2010-12-01 15:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Because every melee in the party is a WAR! Oh ho ho!

[+]
 Valefor.Mattyc
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Mattyc 2010-12-01 15:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ZOMG QQ anyone, this thread is lol, its not just drk that got butt plugged.....sam got similar treatment with there job ability, along with few others....its so easy to level jobs now so in the meantime level something else? there is still 9 more levels in cap, doubt there gonna continuously give the upper hand to 1-4 jobs.

so grin an bare it this isn't the end for dark knight.
"still best zerg job" "with right gear"
if its your main this should be your focus with it anyways!

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-01 15:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Radel said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

As a Drk we want to be overpowering, crit hit above everyone else, weaponskill to overpower a rng. I don't want to be faster, or hit multiple times. Yes it would be nice, but I want the power to lash out unknown amounts of power. But ... by looks of the update I am goin to be a Cor for many more days lol

What?....
[+]
 Ifrit.Radel
By Ifrit.Radel 2010-12-01 15:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said:
http://i.imgur.com/NfDYn.jpg[/img]
... ... -_- I dislike you more now Shantotto
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-12-01 15:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It must be really difficult for se to think of melee things for drk.

They are seriously stupid. i ussually dont complain as a career drk but this ja is useless. Wtf is arcana even worth fighting? even if the best mob droping the best gear was arcane, i would still take a *** war bc of their new ja that enhances crit hit like seriously wtf.

People pull better ideas out of their *** on these forums then se has ever for drk.

In general all jobs got shafted with the tier 2 circle jas they are stupid.

After reading wars i got excited and i say drks and i was just totally pisses. im too masd to even correct for errors ***.
 Ifrit.Radel
By Ifrit.Radel 2010-12-01 15:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
What?....
Take look at the Wars get multiple hits, sam faster melee hits and faster TP gain. . . Drks standin there with a bloody Scythe hacking out more dmg than the two and stronger weaponskill with help of cool absorb spells.

These days War multiple attacks, stronger weaponskill, and now more buffs to pump themselves and their pt. Sams... more tp gain at faster rate, and stronger weaponskill, but looks like they aren't getting buffed up by the look of the updates.
Drks. . Less bloody Scythe. I like to hit faster Yes, and have faster Tp Gain Yes... but I rather have more raw power, better absorb spells.
 Asura.Ruzoko
Server: Asura
user: Ruzoko
By Asura.Ruzoko 2010-12-01 15:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sad to say i think im going to give up on Drk if this crap keeps up ~.~ like a lot of you guys here spent a ton of time and gil into gearing Drk and SE is screwing us over big time a friend told me Drk looked like it was on a path to crap, but i was hopin it wasn't, then SE dropped this ***update on us seriously for every like 50 mobs I fight i'll kill what maybe 10 arcane mobs and my parry is capped on Drk and i STILL barely parry a damn thing >.< Sadly maybe its time i look for a new main job -_- maybe Summoner or Thief
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-12-01 15:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

the problem is every update we say lets be hopeful things might get better.

Then the next update comes and were shafted and we say maybe next time.

What is there like 2 more next times?

lol the chances are getting slimmer, basically none for something great.

Does SE ever think really its not to difficult to boost drk even a little
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-01 16:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking from the point of what jobs actually should do
for example and please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Warrior - master/skilled in all weapons, does decent~high melee & weaponskill damage

samurai -master of TP & skillchains, able to perform weaponskills rapidly and create skillchains. does decent melee damage
moderate~high weaponskill damage

now lets look at Dark Knight
suppose to be powerful damage dealers with select black magic spells that enhance damage further.
(not counting empyrean,relic weapons + their weaponskills)
Outside Abyssea
decent~high melee damage, decent~high weaponskill damage
black magic spell usage...almost nonexistant except for endark,dreadspikes,drains,aspirs,stun, and maybe bio, with situational use of absorb spells

Inside Abyssea

Depending on atma's used. weak~high melee damage
weak~moderate weaponskill damage (when compared to warrior/dragoon/samurai)
use of blackmagic...only situational, b/c cruor temp items, atmas, cruor buffs. there's really no need to cast anything, except maybe a stun. And most monsters die before they hit you more than twice. except maybe the nms...then again how often are you on it meleeing it.
From the exp lowman/alliance side of things, Drk is pretty worthless in terms of DD potential. This doesn't quite neccessarily apply if you are a holder of an relic/empyrean weapon, in which case you can still be on par to a degree.
however, Caladbolg seems better for a DD pld, Ragnarok seems better for War, For Apok Drk...who actually gears correctly for it is beyond me. and Redemption..its ws seems to be outparsed by torcleaver and fudo. so why bother. go go WoE version
What I think really needs to be done to Drk is
1.) weaponskill that throws us on par with the other jobs
2.) armor that puts us at haste cap
3.) Unique Drk only spells that increase our damage output not magic damage capabilties
4.) toilet paper, so after we get the stuff mentioned above, we can whipe our *** after we ***all over the other jobs and claim our rightful spot as a powerful DD again.
 Cerberus.Dominik
user: Dominik23
By Cerberus.Dominik 2010-12-01 16:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply Score: 1 [–] [+]

ZOMG QQ anyone, this thread is lol, its not just drk that got butt plugged.....sam got similar treatment with there job ability, along with few others....its so easy to level jobs now so in the meantime level something else? there is still 9 more levels in cap, doubt there gonna continuously give the upper hand to 1-4 jobs.

--------------------------------------------------------------

This thread isent lol in anyway, when people losing their joy in this Game and keep getting screwed over, ok its easy to lvl another job but to love and have really good gear on a job is another thing, it takes alot of work (i have no idea how much time and gil i did spend on my Drk) cant replace that with just lvl another job. If you think Sam misses out that post it to SE but Sam got new Ja's and a nice AF3 were Drk got screwed again only the Head has Haste when all others got Haste on it. still have hopes that SE takes the feedbacks serious seems it isent just me sending one.

and what do you Zerg now ? AV only which resist souleater and blood weapon lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-01 16:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dominik said:

Valefor.Mattyc said:

This thread isent lol in anyway, when people losing their joy in this Game and keep getting screwed over, ok its easy to lvl another job but to love and have really good gear on a job is another thing, it takes alot of work (i have no idea how much time and gil i did spend on my Drk) cant replace that with just lvl another job. If you think Sam misses out that post it to SE but Sam got new Ja's and a nice AF3 were Drk got screwed again only the Head has Haste when all others got Haste on it. still have hopes that SE takes the feedbacks serious seems it isent just me sending one.
fixed.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 16:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dominik said:
Link | Block | Pm | Quote | Reply Score: 1 [–] [+]

--------------------------------------------------------------

and what do you Zerg now ? AV only which resist souleater and blood weapon lol

I've said it a few times now... But anyway. Jobs being "gimp" or "awesome" work in extremes. If you're a damn good drk, you'll be better than 95+% of the sams/mnks/wars out there. Only in absolutely optimal settings will you be outclasses by a "better" job.
[+]
 Cerberus.Blazed
By Cerberus.Blazed 2010-12-01 16:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Things to modify for DRKS:

- Abs Spells - Less resists, more benefits, longer durations, less mp cost, faster casting times
(Give DRK aga Abs-spells (Benefit the entire PT. Absorb-Strengthga, Absorb -TPga, etc etc)

-Soul Edge - JA, 2 Minute recast
A Soul eater for WS only. Your next WS will deal extra dmg at the expense of your HP. Stacks with Souleater and Bloodweapon

-Revenge - JA, 3 Minute Duration, 3 Minute cooldown
While JA is active, dmg taken will result in increased dmg inflicted on enemy. *Before MNK and WAR boosts, I would have said make it a ratio of 70/30%, where 100 dmg taken by a drk would result in 30 extra dmg on next swing. But after seeing the war and mnk boosts, i would say 30/70% ratio is needed to keep drk floating as a desirable calss... + all of the above.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-01 16:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
I've said it a few times now... But anyway. Jobs being "gimp" or "awesome" work in extremes. If you're a damn good drk, you'll be better than 95+% of the sams/mnks/wars out there. Only in absolutely optimal settings will you be outclasses by a "better" job.
Birds of a feather flock together.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 16:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Birds of a feather flock together.

I only know what I see in exp pts of normal people anymore. Past experiences with some ls, too.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-01 17:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So, you can out DD some gimp DDs, who cares? I wouldn't call that an accomplishment, lol.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 18:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
So, you can out DD some gimp DDs, who cares? I wouldn't call that an accomplishment, lol.

I didn't say it was an accomplishment. I'm asking people to stop bitching like their new-born was killed.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-01 18:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

so...who has sent SE feedback/suggestions?