/
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2010-12-01 20:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I seriously hope you buff dark knight up. Its been lacking badly for many years and theres no reason. Making Dark knight comparable to other melee damage dealer would be easy, extend the effect of Last Resort, and give Guillotine and Insurgency better damage multipliers. Those are two simple things you could do that would buff Dark Knight without disturbing the balance of the game at all, DRG SAM WAR MNK all get 1.0 or higher multiplier on weapon skills that can crit, so I don't think boosting our weaponskill damage will hurt anything at all. Tactical parry wouldn't be such a awful idea if we had a better parry rating, sadly Dark Knight only gets a E in parry manking the job trait ineffective if not offensive. If you want to see us focus more on magical damage or dark magic debuffs you could simply lower the casting time and recast timers on exsisting spells. I sincerely hope you give us good hand and body AF3 cause compared to the AF3 you gave other jobs ours lacks severely. We currrently have a thread going on improving Dark Knight abilities and traits, and so far I've heard two very good ideas and I hope you listen to them.
You could give us a trait that boosts our damage output as we take damage, I think this would be a excellent trait and in keep with the Dark Knight theme. Someone also mentioned giving us a ability that would function like Soul Eater for weapon skill, we activate it, then on our nest weapon skill it consumes hp to deal extra damage. In short there are many ways you can improve the Dark Knight class, we've been begging you for years, I really really hope you listen to us before the final level cap increase. This is a link to our current DRK discussion, thank you for taking the time to listen. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/16487/arcane-crest/
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-01 20:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
so...who has sent SE feedback/suggestions?
/
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-01 20:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
so...who has sent SE feedback/suggestions?
/

God I love you Tiger. That is, if you actually sent what you said you'd send.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-01 20:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What little consolation it was to me, to see that Scholar is going to finally get Stoneskin and Blink innately, still, the wound of the DRK shaft is deep indeed. You look at something like Dragoon, which not only got the JA circle+1 but also got more control over their pet than Beastmasters have, it's it's just a *** joke now. I don't like jumping on the doomsayer bandwagon, but seriously... What the ***?

Basically, if you're not BLU or DNC, the only thing you have to look forward to is getting ***you should have got 40 levels and 3years ago. I'm betting another Quadratic Continuum type spell is going to be released, and combine with another Goblin-rush Type spell to make Quintuple attack or Auto-haste job traits.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-01 20:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I sent it before I posted it here. had it typed, copied, submitted, pasted here.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-01 20:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cossack said:
I sincerely hope you give us good hand and body AF3 cause compared to the AF3 you gave other jobs ours lacks severely.

I honestly don't see why anyone would feel the DRK AF3 is lacking in stats. The headpiece is amazing for TP and also a viable option for WS if you want to boost DA, and both the legs and feet are simply amazing WS and Spellcast pieces.

The only downside I would see in them is the Additional effect from the Set being fairly useless to a job with naturally high Attack.

To stay on topic, DRK really got some useless additions... We will have to see how strong the Circle effect is to decide if it's just another mocking attempt by SE.

I somehow get the feeling they're actually taking most jobs through another set of "beginning" buffs though. I'm actually starting to feel confident about the lvl 99 and new merits deal!

Gotta stay positive, right?!? <_<'

Edit: Keep in mind lvl 90 is not the end. No one liked or used the lvl 5 Circle JAs, but that's not where the exp grinding stopped, right?

Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2010-12-01 21:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello,
whoever is reading this is probably swarmed with recent emails in regards to the drk related update scheduled, as you should be. Over the years many of us have played this game because we enjoy the dark knight class. for some it is the reason we still play this game. Unfortunately, SE has neglected the job severely and it hurts us to play it in game. We do not receive enough to compensate our job based on what other jobs receive. DRK is still a potent class, but it takes alot more work to compete with others at certain levels. DRK deserves a decent update to buff its physical attributes. No offense, but additional circle JA are worthless. I dont know how you guys think this will help us in the slightest bit. Regular circle abilities are barely used, why would another one do any good.

I hope SE takes these recent emails seriously because the drk community is seriously tired of getting shafted.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/16487/arcane-crest/2/
If you want to see what people are thinking, look at this post if you have never heard of such complaints before.

We do enjoy the game, as we still play, and we care enough to try to grin and bear, but enough is enough, drk really does deserve something good.

/rage sent
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-01 21:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys get spells, we don't! We get damage to compensate!
[+]
 Cerberus.Dominik
Server: Cerberus
user: Dominik23
By Cerberus.Dominik 2010-12-01 22:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

proud of the Drk's here for trying it atleast to make it better with writing feedback's. Ty
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-12-01 23:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread just enhances the whole drk=emo thing... <_<
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-01 23:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-12-01 23:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ivaan said:
as we still play

That's the only part they'll actually read. $$!
[+]
 Valefor.Byxfluzba
Server: Valefor
user: Byxfluzba
By Valefor.Byxfluzba 2010-12-01 23:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You whiny *** are HILARIOUS!!! Thanks for making my day.

Apparently I'm a troll.
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-12-01 23:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Leondimas said:
That's it, I'm done. I can't take it anymore. Being an 83 PLD and 85 DRK, there's no reason to continue paying for this game. It's like paying someone slap you in the face. I have absolutely ZER0 faith that further update notes will change my mind. You can bet your *** I will send feedback before I cancel.
This should be posted on the pics that make you lol.

Seriously, *** cry more. You could get nothing at all.

I've honestly never seen someone get so upset over something like this. Do us a favor, cancel now.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
Server: Ragnarok
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2010-12-01 23:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:

I most wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. First thing I thought was, "Wow, /wrist much? Every job has its chance to shine. Chill."
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-01 23:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope these new hnms are retardedfucking hard
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-12-01 23:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hoping each hnm is hard as ***, only way to stand a chance is by using these new circle abilities
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-01 23:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Odin.Blazza said:

I most wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. First thing I thought was, "Wow, /wrist much? Every job has its chance to shine. Chill."

I say learn to adjust, Get a kick *** Dual weild Build for Abyssea onry

Work on a Caladbolg for Torcleaver Or its Gimp Version if you want to kick *** again. vorpal blade and rampage do some nice damage with Razed Ruins and VV. Until an Atma that allows noncrit WS to crit or Another DRK Update comes out theres no point in waiting for Square Enix to come to the rescue with a pure job update
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-02 00:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said:
No Ace's Sabatons wat

I wouldn't use Grim Cuirass for that either unless ACC capped with or without merits, which seems highly unlikely with Dual Sword/Axe/whatever build, but that's just me.
[+]
 Asura.Erics
Server: Asura
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2010-12-02 00:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They should at least make absorb spells like the new "gain" spells.. Where if we absorb a stat, it will stack with cruor buffs...
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-02 00:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
No Ace's Sabatons wat

All Ace's Sabatons would do is add Attack+ The Store TP+5 on them would only add .2 more per hit(Going from 19 Swings to 18 swings for 100tp) which means nothing with the regain you get off VV atma.

(It's 18 Swings for 100TP if you lack suppa anyways, 17 with Ace's but again you have a 2 tic regain)

Since your using Ace's Hose you don't want to lose any more accuracy then needed. Especially for Store TP that does nothing when considering Voracious Violet (Hose are worth it for 1 more haste accuracy should still be capped with Pizza+1)

Cuchu can probably be swapped to Forager's to be completely honest. Also Suppa for Assault/Aesir if you guys have Abyssal.

Edit: As far as accuracy goes.
Assuming base DEX is 78(Might be low don't have access to FFXI atm to check for an 85 DRK)

Razed Ruins:+50 Cruor Buffs+20(May vary on martello crap)+ rajas/Bale Helm(+12) 78+82 DEX

Sword Cap 295+Suppa+5 (No merits into account since most DRKs merited Scythe and maybe Gsword?)

Marinara Pizza+1 as well would be at 95% Total Accuracy on Anything Level 90 with about 367 Evasion.

Most Exp Mobs should be fine, along with older content bosses/NMs,

Anything tougher you probably want Adaman Hauberk or Hauberk+1 on.

Throw on Diabolic Eye and you can Rock Grim/Ares again whichever you have.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-02 00:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...touche.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-02 00:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else getting hit with rate downs by butt hurt people? D:

What am I saying wrong here? Is working on walk of echos or a Caladbolg so bad if you love your job class and don't want to abandon it?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-02 00:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

why settle for builds and workarounds using swords/axes when the job is suppose to be specializing in scythes/greatswords. thats like saying warrior's should dual wield clubs or nin's should full time great katanas.
[+]
 Leviathan.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-12-02 01:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

why settle for builds and workarounds using swords/axes when the job is suppose to be specializing in scythes/greatswords. thats like saying warrior's should dual wield clubs or nin's should full time great katanas.

I agree with this. let's accept what's happened, guys: this is the job square doesn't give a ***about. I still hope we'll get a real buff, but it'll never happen. I hope I'm proven wrong, I really hope so.

in the meantime I'm leveling war, at least I can recycle a lot of my drk gear there. :/
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-02 01:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to work with what you have sadly. especially when Vorpal or Rampage can break 2k-3k really easy with sub par gear, no merits, and just VV/RR Atmas. If clubs or great katanas could break more then an A+ weapon by a long shot that might be the case.

Until square-enix decides to pull it's head out of it's *** thats what it's going to take.

Also I did mean Caladbolg which is a Great Sword and even going for Redemption(Scythe) if you must(ewww) Is fully worth it. I know its sad going back in time to the days DRK dual weilded but you should have no problem utilizing different weapons like a WAR would.

Atleast until an Empyrean Relic is upgraded or 30 coins are obtained for the respective counter part.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-02 01:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been hard core about DRK for years, refusing to play other jobs thinking I kept up just fine on my DRK, but lately its just not even possible for a DRK to hold a candle to what other jobs can do (MNK, WAR and even lolPUP).

I am really disapointed with what Square Enix has done this update, instead of helping the jobs that are suffering they buff up the ones that were already doing well even further.

Still working my caladbolg little bit at a time, but I honestly dont even know if that will be enough to help DRK keep up with what a Warrior or MNK with Razed Ruins can do.

Don't know I might just call DRK quits this update and stick with WAR till w/e happens.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-12-02 02:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

RIP DRK, I was never even a real DRK :X always loved WAR even though my relic says otherwise, SE really is slobbin on WARs knob while shitting on DRKs chest, its horrible :X
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-02 03:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They just need to boost souleater

/thread :o