First Page 2 3 4 5
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-03 11:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I am no Drk, but this thread belongs with the threads that came out with the first level increase. Everyone bemoaning SE about everything. Then the bemoaning became excitement. And the funny thing is, it's mostly the same people. shut up already and give it a chance, like you did before. "Gimped" starts in the mind. You're NOT a gimped Drk if you don't have a fkn K-club, and you're NOT gonna be gimped if you don't have this scyth. Geez already, are you really gonna say " I quit ffxi cause the scyth I WANTED was dropped from an impossible NM"

your post:

Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2010-12-03 11:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-03 11:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No, let me read your post back to you:

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I am no Drk, but this thread belongs with the threads that came out with the first level increase. Everyone bemoaning SE about everything. Then the bemoaning became excitement.

first level increase being in 2004? >.>

Quote:
And the funny thing is, it's mostly the same people. shut up already and give it a chance, like you did before. "Gimped" starts in the mind. You're NOT a gimped Drk if you don't have a fkn K-club, and you're NOT gonna be gimped if you don't have this scyth.

High Damage Numbers + Haste make this:

Currently, DRK can't keep up with other DDs that can achieve higher amounts of damage with Razed Ruin Atma. As long as DRK doesn't have a Critical-Mod for their Multi-Hits for their main weapons which also have *** modifiers on their Weapon Skills to begin with (STR and MND? Who uses MND for their WS outside of mages)?, they're *** in Abyssea unless they come up with a build that relies on a weapon with LOWER skill. Can you guess which ones? Hint: We used them before the two-hander update.

Also, Zerging's dead at this age with Abyssea NMs building Souleater resistance and generally not worth it unless you're lowmanning using WARs, so what's your point? And what scythe are you talking about...?

Quote:
Geez already, are you really gonna say " I quit ffxi cause the scyth I WANTED was dropped from an impossible NM"

I ask again, what *** scythe are you talking about? The one in the datamine? We don't even know where it comes from yet...it's mostly theory at this point.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Server: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-12-03 12:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone can just stop playing Drk and play Robot Unicorn Attack instead.

[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-03 12:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
I am no Drk, but this thread belongs with the threads that came out with the first level increase. Everyone bemoaning SE about everything. Then the bemoaning became excitement. And the funny thing is, it's mostly the same people. shut up already and give it a chance, like you did before. "Gimped" starts in the mind. You're NOT a gimped Drk if you don't have a fkn K-club, and you're NOT gonna be gimped if you don't have this scyth. Geez already, are you really gonna say " I quit ffxi cause the scyth I WANTED was dropped from an impossible NM"

Its not a issue of being gimp because of gear. Its an issue of being shafted because SE cant make their minds up. Before the 80 level cap increase, SE said they were going to explore our magic sides more. I was okay with that. But what did we get that helps our magic dd side besides bare Tier III spells that are just not MP efficient to use unless you are fighting a mob that is weak to magic. I will say that occult accumen is a big step in a good direction. (whether people can see that or not) but there are millions of things they could have done. We are suppose to be DDs. I dont really care that im not "out parsing" the war or sam. Cause i believe DRK isnt about spamming WS. DRK is more about "Smart Dmg" and timing. I just want to be a recognized as a useful spot in my party. "9 more levels" will be the motto for many DRKs until the 95/99 cap.
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-12-03 12:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Crying and moaning over "Oh my god why did we get Circle II" aside, the one big thing I think they dropped the ball on was not giving us Elemental Celerity if they're that serious about us using our nukes. I'm regularly pulling off 800-1200 Tier IIIs with DRK/RDM Minikin Monstrosity/Baying Moon on melee-unfriendly stuff - and hey, that's totally aces with me, I'm easily amused by magic damage - but if we're expected to switch up melee and elemental in practical application we need some shortened cast time.

Innate Magic Attack Bonus would be nice too, but if Scholar doesn't get it I'm not holding my breath.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-03 14:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Aulse said:
Crying and moaning over "Oh my god why did we get Circle II" aside, the one big thing I think they dropped the ball on was not giving us Elemental Celerity if they're that serious about us using our nukes. I'm regularly pulling off 800-1200 Tier IIIs with DRK/RDM Minikin Monstrosity/Baying Moon on melee-unfriendly stuff - and hey, that's totally aces with me, I'm easily amused by magic damage - but if we're expected to switch up melee and elemental in practical application we need some shortened cast time. Innate Magic Attack Bonus would be nice too, but if Scholar doesn't get it I'm not holding my breath.
So you're basically saying that DRK is the DD job that can when needed should do considerable melee damage. but if the mob can't be meleed without risking a lot of people dieing and wasted mp on needless cures then DRK is the job to DD with nukes...

thats seems HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. At this point. if something needs to be DD'd down War/Sam/Mnk(insert other good DD only jobs) for meleeing ***down, Blm,Rdm, for nuking stuff
If you want jobs that do both pretty well, go go Blu,Pup.
The point is Drk is getting shafted in every catagory of usefulness.
I'd say SE should focus on the melee aspect of Drk and less on trying to balance out our job to be somewhat~not really useful at anything.
 Cerberus.Stalkster
Server: Cerberus
user: stalkster
By Cerberus.Stalkster 2010-12-03 14:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much like above, leave the elemental magic to jobs worth casting on(sch,blm,rdm.). Really tho how many Drk's are looking for elemental magic BS? Things that enhance are Dark magic are not as bad, but really needs more melee buff and less magic direction. Seems SE judgment got cloudy since they started messing with hybrid jobs sch,blu,pup,cor.

Non-Drk look at this thread like "emo drk /wrist" etc..
but where really just asking to be on par inside abyssea as other jobs, where not bitching cause we wanna be the best DD in the game. I'm sure most relic holders feel the same way when looking at empyrean weapons/WS's.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-03 14:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I say we just all set our standards really low. That way, when the level 95/99 cap hits and we get Sheild mastery, clear mind, subtle blow and useless Abs II spells we wont be too angry.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Aulse
user: Fleed
By Quetzalcoatl.Aulse 2010-12-03 14:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
So you're basically saying that DRK is the DD job that can when needed should do considerable melee damage. but if the mob can't be meleed without risking a lot of people dieing and wasted mp on needless cures then DRK is the job to DD with nukes...
I'm... not saying that at all? What I'm saying is that the devs have specifically stated they want to focus on improving Dark Knights' spellcasting abilities. Giving them Elemental Celerity - a job trait that for all we know is Fast Cast aimed only at elemental magic - would be such an improvement, because Tier III nukes take a noticeable chunk of time to cast, biting into melee damage output depending on spell resists (to say nothing of spell interruption if you have hate).

Maybe we're going to be the more melee-inclined Red Mage. I don't know what the devs are ultimately gonna do with us. I'm just doing what I find fun or particularly amusing at the time with my primary job.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-03 15:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Aulse said:
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
I'm... not saying that at all? What I'm saying is that the devs have specifically stated they want to focus on improving Dark Knights' spellcasting abilities. Giving them Elemental Celerity - a job trait that for all we know is Fast Cast aimed only at elemental magic - would be such an improvement, because Tier III nukes take a noticeable chunk of time to cast, biting into melee damage output depending on spell resists (to say nothing of spell interruption if you have hate). Maybe we're going to be the more melee-inclined Red Mage. I don't know what the devs are ultimately gonna do with us. I'm just doing what I find fun or particularly amusing at the time with my primary job.

I see what you mean, but you have to realize that we have no usefull tools besides stun and drain/aspir in the magic department. Our Abs spells are only really used to add to modifiers, and those usally get resisted. No we dont need another JA the only works with one spell and has a 10 min recast timer on it. We need JA that last. Since we are melee and magic how about:

DRK Stance Demon - lowers your magic effectiveness and increases your physical potency

DRK Stance Devil - lowers your physical effectiveness and intreases your magic potency

DRK Intent (passive trait) - if Targets hp is below 25%, pyhsical and magic dmg is increased.

Diabolic Dodge (passive trait) - dramatically increased the likely hood of a parry while casting spells.

Cerberus.Dominik
Server: Cerberus
user: Dominik23
By Cerberus.Dominik 2010-12-03 15:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Stalkster said:

Non-Drk look at this thread like "emo drk /wrist" etc..
but where really just asking to be on par inside abyssea as other jobs, where not bitching cause we wanna be the best DD in the game. I'm sure most relic holders feel the same way when looking at empyrean weapons/WS's.

well worse is being a Drk with a Relic.. but i just hope, that SE will listen to some feedbacks
 Diabolos.Drago
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Drago 2010-12-04 01:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Saefinn
Server: Asura
user: Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-12-06 17:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, as a 60 DRK I might not have an opinion that counts, but I do have a view on it.

I'm sure people didn't just pay to play the game, level their Dark Knight just to get super-awesome skills when Heroes of Abyssea is released. Your whole game experience wasn't just based entirely on the outcome of the HoA update. I'm sure you've been paying for the simple reason: you enjoy the game and you play DRK because you enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the annoyances of being delivered poor goods, I mean, Arcane Crest does sound a little rubbish, how frequently are you going to fight arcana? And of course it's something that's situational, which isn't what you want with your JA in an update, unless of course it comes with another to make up for it. So totally send feedback, I mean, they need to know what people want, you never know, if enough folk what a nuclear powered DRK, they might deliver, but of course, it's unlikely considering they probably have their own plans. But it seems Arcane Crest has gotten people on their high horses, chill chill, it doesn't suddenly make FFXI a failure of a game and it suddenly doesn't make DRK a failure of a job. It just means in terms of skills, you came off worse in comparison to other jobs. Why cancel your subscriptions over this?

Is that really such a big deal?
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2010-12-06 18:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear ya. Only thing I like about Apoc is the HP back you get using Catastrophe until you fight an undead mob.

I'm hoping the full bale +2 set has a nice augment. Doesn't sound too promising so far.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-06 18:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Hsieh said:

I'm hoping the full bale +2 set has a nice augment. Doesn't sound too promising so far.

You haven't seen the body and hands yet?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-06 18:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saefinn said:
If you ever hope for your DRK to come to events, it's a pretty big deal, unfortunately. Also, MNK sub? >_>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-06 18:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saefinn said:
Okay, as a 60 DRK I might not have an opinion that counts, but I do have a view on it.

I'm sure people didn't just pay to play the game, level their Dark Knight just to get super-awesome skills when Heroes of Abyssea is released. Your whole game experience wasn't just based entirely on the outcome of the HoA update. I'm sure you've been paying for the simple reason: you enjoy the game and you play DRK because you enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the annoyances of being delivered poor goods, I mean, Arcane Crest does sound a little rubbish, how frequently are you going to fight arcana? And of course it's something that's situational, which isn't what you want with your JA in an update, unless of course it comes with another to make up for it. So totally send feedback, I mean, they need to know what people want, you never know, if enough folk what a nuclear powered DRK, they might deliver, but of course, it's unlikely considering they probably have their own plans. But it seems Arcane Crest has gotten people on their high horses, chill chill, it doesn't suddenly make FFXI a failure of a game and it suddenly doesn't make DRK a failure of a job. It just means in terms of skills, you came off worse in comparison to other jobs. Why cancel your subscriptions over this?

Not a DRK, but I can sympathize. I care about how my performance affects those around me, and have issues with the fact that SE can't maintain a semblance of balance such that any DD will be effective for most fights. DRK is so far behind right now that it's almost detrimental to use, and SE is completely ignoring that fact in favor of token buffs to magic.
 Asura.Saefinn
Server: Asura
user: Saefinn
By Asura.Saefinn 2010-12-08 06:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Asura.Saefinn said:
If you ever hope for your DRK to come to events, it's a pretty big deal, unfortunately. Also, MNK sub? >_>

Suppose that's a fair point. It seemed like there was one too many hissy fits for a game. But I do understand why people are disappointed, maybe I'm too mellow?

Samurai's my main sub, I was experimenting with /MNK, but it didn't seem worth it, so I don't use it. I like experimenting with subjobs, after all I might find something I find useful, even if it's only situational.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Not a DRK, but I can sympathize. I care about how my performance affects those around me, and have issues with the fact that SE can't maintain a semblance of balance such that any DD will be effective for most fights. DRK is so far behind right now that it's almost detrimental to use, and SE is completely ignoring that fact in favor of token buffs to magic.

Also some fair points. Probably why my opinion at level 60 doesn't count :D Never know, at level 75+ I might be saying, *** this, *** that, *** you SE, then I'll be eating my own words. :)
 Fairy.Kaoz
Server: Fairy
user: Loswa
By Fairy.Kaoz 2010-12-08 06:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Its sad cuz they are right. Like right now Im asked to come DRK, no clue why... sll I do is throw random stuns and hope scythe procs !!s if at all, even though the war's end up using scythes to help in case the mobs suddenly tp. But if you see my PUP, It will easily outparse most ppl Ive played with in abyssea. Stringing Pummel nearly one shots mobs, and Im not even counting the puppet.

DRK is missing its DD potential as its supposed to be from the job description, all att no def. I dont know if anyone has tested Arcane Crest, but it sounds mostly useless for the most part.