Do I Need A Raja's Ring?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Do i need a Raja's ring?
Do i need a Raja's ring?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Caitsith.Laili
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Laili
By Caitsith.Laili 2010-11-11 05:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well i was wondering if there are other means then a raja's ring, please keep in mind i normally Mage's for Ls Events which is why i gotten the Tamas Ring.

Merits
Scythe Skill 8/8

Working on Reckoning +1 Trial Weapon Skill:DMG:+10% ugh plantoids
Current TP set
Weapon skill set
Also recently I've gotten a E.body but no homam legs or feet :(, so should i keep using my Current TP set till i get homam legs & feet
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-11-11 05:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas is easily the best CoP Ring, and pretty crucial to most x-hit builds.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
Server: Bahamut
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-11-11 05:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

also lol at your 2 ruby rings. Flame are cheap now bro. Get em but with a Rajas would only need to get 1.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-11 05:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

rajas is basically the best melee ring out there... the STP+5 is awesome and many underestimate the subtle+5 on it
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-11-11 05:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Tamas Ring really isn't needed... I mean yeah it's nice having a full time 5 INT and MND and 30 MP... but... come on... that's just for lazy people. :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-11-11 05:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You are asking if you need rajas ring and are posting sets for your DRK... I believe you just answered your own question.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 06:00:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas is the ONLY CoP Ring that cannot be replaced by another ring, get it and Love it for what it is.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-11 06:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas = sex on the finger
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
Server: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 06:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Rajas is the ONLY CoP Ring that cannot be replaced by another ring, get it and Love it for what it is.

Tamas cannot be replaced for WHM (and RDM & SCH) curing. Serene's is the closest substitute.

However, Tamas is quite marginal but there is no ring in the game that comes close to the versatility of Rajas. Hoard ring is fine for certain jobs to TP in though (only for the Store TP obviously) but even Hoard ring pales in comparison to Rajas.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 06:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Tamas cannot be replaced for WHM (and RDM & SCH) curing. Serene's is the closest substitute.

However, Tamas is quite marginal but there is no ring in the game that comes close to the versatility of Rajas. Hoard ring is fine for certain jobs to TP in though (only for the Store TP obviously) but even Hoard ring pales in comparison to Rajas.

What are you serious? lol

WHM should Idle in PDT rings, Cure in Mind rings(Ohai 6MND Rings)Medecine Ring, Use MP rings for Max MP build, I would NEVER even consider Tamas a good ring for my WHM in any situation, WHM that deem it useful are lazy WHMs that dont know how to play the job properly.
[+]
 Caitsith.Laili
By Caitsith.Laili 2010-11-11 06:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
also lol at your 2 ruby rings. Flame are cheap now bro. Get em but with a Rajas would only need to get 1.
well I've gotten a Spiral Ring was holding it till i decided on to get a Rajas or not

Bahamut.Striker said:
You are asking if you need rajas ring and are posting sets for your DRK... I believe you just answered your own question.
i was just showing you guys what i play in thought that could be helpful
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-11-11 06:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Change your Reckoning +1 to STP+10 and you'll be able to 5hit the weapon with Rajas Ring.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 06:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Laili said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
well I've gotten a Spiral Ring was holding it till i decided on to get a Rajas or not

Bahamut.Striker said:
i was just showing you guys what i play in thought that could be helpful

Spiral Ring doesnt replace Rajas, the main thing about Rajas ring is that it makes it very easy for you to achieve certain X-hits.

Your Goal right now for DRK should be a 5-hit with the STP version of Reckoning, Rajas makes that very easy.
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 06:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Froggis said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

WHM should Idle in PDT rings, Cure in Mind rings(Ohai 6MND Rings)Medecine Ring, Use MP rings for Max MP build, I would NEVER even consider Tamas a good ring for my WHM in any situation, WHM that deem it useful are lazy WHMs that dont know how to play the job properly.

Do you know what enmity reduction is? Do you know how useful it is for spamming cures, especially cure4? Clearly you don't. And if you read properly, you would see that I said "quite marginal." If you don't worry about enmity on WHM and RDM then YOU don't know how to play the job properly.

Edit: the "especially cure4" only applies to RDM since WHM don't or shouldn't really use it. Felt it was necessary to say that before you pick at that while barely reading the rest of the text.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 06:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Froggis said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Do you know what enmity reduction is? Do you know how useful it is for spamming cures, especially cure4? Clearly you don't. And if you read properly, you would see that I said "quite marginal." If you don't worry about enmity on WHM and RDM then YOU don't know how to play the job properly.

Edit: the "especially cure4" only applies to RDM since WHM don't or shouldn't really use it. Felt it was necessary to say that before you pick at that while barely reading the rest of the text.

WHM has something called Cure V, in abyssea you dont run out of mp so you spam Cure V and VI violently and dont gain the MASSIVE enmity that you do from cure IV(shouldnt be gaining much Enmity from Cure IV anyways because of the Huge HP increase).

Also a lol@WHM that are afraid to rip hate seriously. WHM is one of the most survivable jobs in the game, and can take a hit better than most, WHM can sit there for hours letting a mob bash on it spamming Cure V on itself for god knows how long.

ALSO if your going to bring in enmity something that you have no clue about about, the Higher the HP pool become the more and more worthless gaining enmity from cures becomes, I would expect my melee to be rocking 2.6-3k HP in abyssea, ripping hate should never be an issue.

Also -3 Enmity wow amazing so ground breaking, why dont you go study Kanican live Journal and how the enmity system actually works before you bring that card in.

Edit:

If you are seriously having that bad of enmity issue's ungimp your DD's period.
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-11-11 06:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm rdm main and I very very rarely get hate from CureIV, I literally have to spam it for that to happen. At this stage of the game, if your DDs can't hold hate against a couple of CureIVs, then your DDs (tanks) suck. And no, I don't have tamas.

Rajas is the best CoP ring by far.
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
Server: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-11-11 06:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Plenty of other -enmity gear you can cure in without wasting your CoP ring. 5 sTP is infinitely more valuable than -3 enmity, mage main or not.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-11 07:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Tamas- max mp: meh who cares.
-emnity: Nice but if you are caring about that small amounts of cure potency aren't going to be as important anyways.
mnd/int- usefull but with the exception of sanguine blade and some blu magical spells both are never used at the same time.

Conclusion tamas is at best +1-2 invent space. Which isn't even really true anymore if you use 6stat rings lol

Also the cure VI argument... yeah you are so overcuring so many people lol.

Rajas: All stats aplicable and useful to a melee DD at all times. 3/4 useful to ranged DDs.
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2010-11-11 07:02:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Conclusion tamas is at best +1-2 invent space. Which isn't even really true anymore if you use 6stat rings lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-11-11 07:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Froggis said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Froggis said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Tamas cannot be replaced for WHM (and RDM & SCH) curing. Serene's is the closest substitute. However, Tamas is quite marginal but there is no ring in the game that comes close to the versatility of Rajas. Hoard ring is fine for certain jobs to TP in though (only for the Store TP obviously) but even Hoard ring pales in comparison to Rajas.
What are you serious? lol WHM should Idle in PDT rings, Cure in Mind rings(Ohai 6MND Rings)Medecine Ring, Use MP rings for Max MP build, I would NEVER even consider Tamas a good ring for my WHM in any situation, WHM that deem it useful are lazy WHMs that dont know how to play the job properly.
Do you know what enmity reduction is? Do you know how useful it is for spamming cures, especially cure4? Clearly you don't. And if you read properly, you would see that I said "quite marginal." If you don't worry about enmity on WHM and RDM then YOU don't know how to play the job properly. Edit: the "especially cure4" only applies to RDM since WHM don't or shouldn't really use it. Felt it was necessary to say that before you pick at that while barely reading the rest of the text.
WHM has something called Cure V, in abyssea you dont run out of mp so you spam Cure V and VI violently and dont gain the MASSIVE enmity that you do from cure IV(shouldnt be gaining much Enmity from Cure IV anyways because of the Huge HP increase). Also a lol@WHM that are afraid to rip hate seriously. WHM is one of the most survivable jobs in the game, and can take a hit better than most, WHM can sit there for hours letting a mob bash on it spamming Cure V on itself for god knows how long. ALSO if your going to bring in enmity something that you have no clue about about, the Higher the HP pool become the more and more worthless gaining enmity from cures becomes, I would expect my melee to be rocking 2.6-3k HP in abyssea, ripping hate should never be an issue. Also -3 Enmity wow amazing so ground breaking, why dont you go study Kanican live Journal and how the enmity system actually works before you bring that card in. Edit: If you are seriously having that bad of enmity issue's ungimp your DD's period.
/agrees with Gradd
[+]
 Caitsith.Laili
By Caitsith.Laili 2010-11-11 07:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Change your Reckoning +1 to STP+10 and you'll be able to 5hit the weapon with Rajas Ring.
All those weapon skill again.

ok in replace of my tamas for my whm i should get Aqua/Neptune/Karka
not doing Medecine ring again to many jerks don't care if you need to proc the ring. Killed so many Krabkatoa's yet to get a ring just shells and helms.
For blm i can use the Spiral Ring
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-11 07:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Think of it this way.. A lot of weaponskills have DEX mods, so STR+DEX together for those weaponskills is really beneficial. Top that off with the Store TP bonus for TP'ing in order to get a certain X-hit build.

Now, compare that to Tamas Ring.. INT and MND together is useless unless you're a career Blue Mage, and even Blue Mage would benefit more from Rajas instead. No white or black magic spell has both INT and MND mods, always separate. But lots of weaponskills could use both STR and DEX to benefit them.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-11 07:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol expect your melees to be rocking 2.6-3k wut!?! Seriously I'd feel happy to break 1.5k
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 07:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Laili said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
All those weapon skill again.

ok in replace of my tamas for my whm i should get Aqua/Neptune/Karka
not doing Medecine ring again to many jerks don't care if you need to proc the ring. Killed so many Krabkatoa's yet to get a ring just shells and helms.
For blm i can use the Spiral Ring

I know your pain for medicine Ring >< Luckily I started using spellcast and my XML forces my HP down to activate the Latent before every cure now, but before that yea was so annoying ~_~ "DONT CURE ME IM FORCING LATENT" D:!!

If you decide to stick with your 10% Damage Scythe, use a Sword strap over a Pole Grip, its 100% Better as long as you are maintaining your X-hit (In your case you should be 6-hitting the 10% Damage Scythe)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-11-11 07:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lol expect your melees to be rocking 2.6-3k wut!?! Seriously I'd feel happy to break 1.5k
lol, arent you career blu?, ive herd about that new ws quantam something doing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** amount of dmg >_>
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-11-11 07:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

/edit new blu spell not ws....
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 07:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

4/4 HP abyssites do it up! Seriously I sit on 2.3k HP on my Blue mage, 2.6k on my DRK, 3k if I use a HP Atma. The Majority of DD in my LS have them, so its something id expect people to have.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-11-11 07:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
4/4 HP abyssites do it up! Seriously I sit on 2.3k HP on my Blue mage, 2.6k on my DRK, 3k if I use a HP Atma. The Majority of DD in my LS have them, so its something id expect people to have.
My blu might hit 1.7k if I had all 4 of those. Rng would still be under 1.6k
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-11 07:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
lol, arent you career blu?, ive herd about that new ws quantam something doing HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** amount of dmg >_>

Think they mean max HP. I think I'm around 2k as a Taru. Gotten quite a few abyssites of merit and furtherance. Still need Bhumi's abyssite too.
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 07:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

One, I find it funny that you didn't see the edit I made BEFORE you posted... the first thing you said was about cure V and VI which I addressed with said edit. READ CAREFULLY PLEASE.

Like I said in my first post, Rajas is a BETTER choice. I was attempting to offer a possible situation to the original poster where they MIGHT want to keep Tamas. And as I said in the first post, it is QUITE MARGINAL (please reference a dictionary if that is what's throwing you off).

RDMs now should be curing for no less than 450. And really, RDMs can be the main healer for a DD party especially if there are a lack of WHMs or you move from exp to NMs in aby. That being said, RDM will steal hate if they don't let people die on a regular basis. Lots of mobs have AoE that wipe shadows (regarding NIN sub in particular) so if shadows are down and you're a DD with /NIN, your healer is gonna take hate. Regarding /SAM what is there to say about this other than a DD who pulls hate can easily get a beat-down in a hot second. Guess who gets hate if they stay alive (or even if they die)? Probably their RDM who was spamming cure4. Also, RDM gets fewer options (than WHM) for enmity reduction.

And 1 MND probably won't bump your cure up by a ground-breaking amount so stop fretting about that 1 MND. If your WHM were as good as you make it sound, you'd be casting cure5 for 1050 minimum and cure6 for 1400 minimum because you'd be at the 50% cure potency cap with no reason to improve by adding 1 MND.

That's all I'm going to say on this matter because I said in my original post that Rajas was the better choice and Tamas was marginal (though you must not have read carefully enough). Heaven forbid someone try to give a reason for an item's possible usefulness. And ffs, not like I'm saying use Metanoia Ring.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5