Do I Need A Raja's Ring?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Do i need a Raja's ring?
Do i need a Raja's ring?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 07:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Read carefully? You can't expect someone to refresh the page posting their response to see if you edited your post. Why not post more carefully?

Want to improve? Get Rajas

Want to be gimp? Keep Tamas

only thing that's further required of this thread, is an /endthread
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-11 07:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Read carefully? You can't expect someone to refresh the page posting their response to see if you edited your post. Why not post more carefully? Want to improve? Get Rajas Want to be gimp? Keep Tamas only thing that's further required of this thread, is an /endthread

+1

Please, please don't let people think that they should keep Tamas or pick it even if they have only 1 DD job and 4 mage jobs.
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
Server: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 07:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Read carefully? You can't expect someone to refresh the page posting their response to see if you edited your post. Why not post more carefully?

Want to improve? Get Rajas

Want to be gimp? Keep Tamas

only thing that's further required of this thread, is an /endthread

My edit was within their quote of my post so if they didn't see it they didn't read carefully.
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 07:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Read carefully? You can't expect someone to refresh the page posting their response to see if you edited your post. Why not post more carefully? Want to improve? Get Rajas Want to be gimp? Keep Tamas only thing that's further required of this thread, is an /endthread

+1

Please, please don't let people think that they should keep Tamas or pick it even if they have only 1 DD job and 4 mage jobs.

You so obviously didn't read what I said in any of my posts. I said Rajas was a better choice from the start. LEARN TO READ.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-11-11 07:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread reminds me of this, saw this video like 10years ago.................

rajas ring....is....the 1 ring!!!!
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-11-11 07:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

If your DDs take enough damage for you to pull hate with cure spamming you need to get DDs who suck less and/or put fewer people on the mob.

Regardless of what you're saying (that Rajas is better, which it is), you're trying to create situations where Tamas is acceptable to own when there just aren't any. It's almost as worthless as Sattva.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-11 07:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
+1 Please, please don't let people think that they should keep Tamas or pick it even if they have only 1 DD job and 4 mage jobs.
You so obviously didn't read what I said in any of my posts. I said Rajas was a better choice from the start. LEARN TO READ.

I did read it, but you're still downplaying the huge gap between Rajas and Tamas.

You're basically saying, "rajas is better, BUT TAMAS IS GREAT FOR ENMITY DOWN AND SAVES SO MUCH ROOM. You can cure better while having reduced enmity! You can use it for high MP nukes! You can pretty much full time it as a mage and you'll be awesome!"

There's a huge gap between Rajas and Tamas. Why downplay it? Just be straight forward.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 07:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Lol expect your melees to be rocking 2.6-3k wut!?! Seriously I'd feel happy to break 1.5k
4/4 HP abyssites do it up! Seriously I sit on 2.3k HP on my Blue mage, 2.6k on my DRK, 3k if I use a HP Atma. The Majority of DD in my LS have them, so its something id expect people to have.
My blu might hit 1.7k if I had all 4 of those. Rng would still be under 1.6k

Are you a Taru? o.O?
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 07:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I said it was better in capital letters... figured that was enough. I also said the closest thing to a Rajas pales in comparison. That's a rather particular verb.

Never said Tamas saves room in any of my posts. Never said anything about the mp. Never said to full-time it (I said curing, which I later elaborated to cure4s in particular). All I brought up was the enmity.

Edit: Also, I never said I had a GREAT reason regarding Tamas usefulness - just a reason.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2010-11-11 07:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

off subject, theres a wyvern earring for sale , is it worth it for drk?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 07:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said:
off subject, theres a wyvern earring for sale , is it worth it for drk?

DRK Zerging is dead, my answer would be no.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 07:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said:
I said it was better in capital letters... figured that was enough. I also said the closest thing to a Rajas pales in comparison. That's a rather particular verb.

Never said Tamas saves room in any of my posts. Never said anything about the mp. Never said to full-time it (I said curing, which I later elaborated to cure4s in particular). All I brought up was the enmity.

Edit: Also, I never said I had a GREAT reason regarding Tamas usefulness - just a reason.

Enmity is not a reason for Tamas.

If you're worried mnd, then use a mnd+6 ring.
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 08:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Siren.Froggis said:

Enmity is not a reason for Tamas.

If you're worried mnd, then use a mnd+6 ring.

Wow, really? Gonna sit there and bash me about using the 1 extra MND (SOFT FREAKING CURE CAPS) then you imply you should use pieces that give no MND or -MND if I'm worried about enmity.

Edit: Enmity and MND together are the reason for Tamas. No, not inventory saving reason but rather because you can only equip two rings so why would you not want the two together while curing PLUS having another ring slot still free. That's what I've been getting at.

Alright whatever I'm done... no one understands what I'm trying to say on here because if they did, they wouldn't be throwing 1MND in my face over and over again.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 08:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My point is, if you're going for max MND, you don't need Tamas.

If you're going for max enmity-, you don't need Tamas.

Enmity on Tamas should never be a factor.

I'm bashing you for not having Rajas, not anything else.
[+]
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 08:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The people who think only about maxing out one stat at a time are rather silly. Sometimes you need more that one stat at a time. Notice I said stat not attribute.

Also, I don't have Tamas but I did have Serene's for RDM cure4 spam.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-11 08:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I was a main mage (WHM, RDM, BLM) before i quit and tossed my Tamas in order to get Rajas. Mainly to mess around on RDM in campaign, but was also nice to have for my THF, SAM + DRG which i barely played. There are tons of equal rings to macro in instead of fulltiming Tamas.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-11-11 08:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The point everyone else is making is that worrying about -3 enmity on your ring is stupid. Extraordinarily so when compared to the utility Rajas has.
 Siren.Kazen
user: m0nster
By Siren.Kazen 2010-11-11 08:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one that noticed Froggis is arguing for Tamas and has yet to complete CoP?(on that character atleast)
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 08:21:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kazen said:
Am I the only one that noticed Froggis is arguing for Tamas and has yet to complete CoP?(on that character atleast)

He has a Serene Ring yo~
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 08:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No I haven't completed CoP. Not really invalidating my statements in the least. I never argued for Tamas. I gave a reason why someone might find it useful WHILE SAYING RAJAS WAS A BETTER CHOICE LIKE 50 TIMES.

edit: went back to bold the caps because it's apparently needed or you're all just being *** at this point, which really shouldn't be happening on a forum which is meant to offer help not *** comments about players rather than information.
 Siren.Kazen
By Siren.Kazen 2010-11-11 08:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Kazen said:

He has a Serene Ring yo~
Because of the many times that you'd not want Full Enmity- or Full Cure Potency or Max MP, right?

Edit@Froggis: You are arguing a fact of Tamas' "usefulness" when there is none, therefore you are arguing for Tamas. In no situation should someone with ANY DD job ever own anything other than a Rajas.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 08:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Froggis said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Rajas is the ONLY CoP Ring that cannot be replaced by another ring, get it and Love it for what it is.

Tamas cannot be replaced for WHM (and RDM & SCH)

Pretty sure you said that, and everyone else argument is that Tamas is very replaceable.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 08:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kazen said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Kazen said:

He has a Serene Ring yo~
Because of the many times that you'd not want Full Enmity- or Full Cure Potency or Max MP, right?

Your supposed to catch the Sarcasm :(
 Siren.Kazen
By Siren.Kazen 2010-11-11 08:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Kazen said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Kazen said:

He has a Serene Ring yo~

Counter-sarcasm fail, was mocking the fact that Froggis said they would use a mix+match set for enmity+cure potency. :(

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-11 08:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kazen said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Kazen said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Kazen said:

He has a Serene Ring yo~

Counter-sarcasm fail :(

iPhail D;
 Siren.Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2010-11-11 08:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

One last time... I guess technically I did "argue for Tamas" by attempting to give a reason to own it. That being said, a thousand times over, I said Rajas was the better choice. Yes, that sounds illogical but if you think about it, it makes sense. 20 people posting the exact same thing while stating no new information is pointless. I attempted (and failed) to provide some kind of reason to use Tamas. You all just picked one portion of a post and just attacked and succeeded in murdering this thread and any chance that I'll ever post about anything again because should I say one misleading thing, I'll be attacked for hours thereafter. This is a forum for FFXI though, I'm naive for not assuming that from the get.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-11 08:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas > whatever else

And I didn' read past Gradd's last post

Edit: on a serious note though, just like Tamas with its own attributes, if SE was to ever throw out 2 new rings with over 5 Stp Rajas's overwhelming status would start to crumble
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-11-11 08:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

And again we say; there is no reason to own Tamas if you have ANY DD job. It is completely replaceable. -3 enmity is not only useless in most situations, but trivial compared to other rings that also have -enmity. The MND and INT are not the best you can get, and were always equivalent to elemental rings. The MP is again inferior to other rings that offer more and cost you less comparatively (because picking Tamas costs you Rajas).

You cannot get 5sTP on another ring, let alone with 5STR. Rajas is, at this point in the game, irreplaceable, and with the other two choices being Tamas and Sattva, there is simply no reason to take either of them. This makes picking anything other than Rajas illogical.

There was, therefor, no reason to qualify "Rajas is best" with a comment on reasons to take Tamas, when simply no such reason exists. Statements as such only confuse the people asking for help, and lead to pigheaded arguments like this one.
[+]