Do I Need A Raja's Ring?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Do i need a Raja's ring?
Do i need a Raja's ring?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 09:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
My reason to own a Tamas vs Rajas: When I completed CoP back in the day I didn't have any DD leveled. I only recently got SAM to 85 from Abyssea (don't worry, I capped skills).

Mostly due to laziness of waiting a month without a Tamas or a Rajas in my inventory. Also I kinda skimmed through this page of the thread, and I dunno if any mentioned lack of inventory space. It'd take 2-3 rings to replace the Tamas for my RDM, in which that's the only job I'm on anymore. Either that or BLM for events.

Edit: Keep in mind I didn't read the OP at all. After going back, yea you should probably get a Rajas.
you don't have to wait 30 days to swap rings if it's your first swap. If it's your second swap+, then you wait 30 days.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-11 09:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:

Mostly due to laziness of waiting a month without a Tamas or a Rajas in my inventory.

The first time you toss the ring you chose first you can pick a new one right away - i did it once. The 2nd time you toss it, you have to wait 27 days or so (I tossed my ring 3x total)

Edit: i see, someone was faster than me =)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-11-11 09:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
My reason to own a Tamas vs Rajas: When I completed CoP back in the day I didn't have any DD leveled. I only recently got SAM to 85 from Abyssea (don't worry, I capped skills). Mostly due to laziness of waiting a month without a Tamas or a Rajas in my inventory. Also I kinda skimmed through this page of the thread, and I dunno if any mentioned lack of inventory space. It'd take 2-3 rings to replace the Tamas for my RDM, in which that's the only job I'm on anymore. Either that or BLM for events. Edit: Keep in mind I didn't read the OP at all. After going back, yea you should probably get a Rajas.
you don't have to wait 30 days to swap rings if it's your first swap. If it's your second swap+, then you wait 30 days.
Well this changes everything! brb rajas

Pretty much off topic: Who do i have to kill to get to swap my ToaU ring. I know that SE is only 2 years behind on content that it should have released WITH WotG but jeez. Im no computer programmer but how many minutes (or seconds) does it take to code in "kill alexander again and pick new ring". Hell, you already redo the fight for the alex torque.... just add a new ring choice as a reward.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-11 09:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
My reason to own a Tamas vs Rajas: When I completed CoP back in the day I didn't have any DD leveled. I only recently got SAM to 85 from Abyssea (don't worry, I capped skills). Mostly due to laziness of waiting a month without a Tamas or a Rajas in my inventory. Also I kinda skimmed through this page of the thread, and I dunno if any mentioned lack of inventory space. It'd take 2-3 rings to replace the Tamas for my RDM, in which that's the only job I'm on anymore. Either that or BLM for events. Edit: Keep in mind I didn't read the OP at all. After going back, yea you should probably get a Rajas.
Well this changes everything! brb rajas

Pretty much off topic: Who do i have to kill to get to swap my ToaU ring. I know that SE is only 2 years behind on content that it should have released WITH WotG but jeez. Im no computer programmer but how many minutes (or seconds) does it take to code in "kill alexander again and pick new ring". Hell, you already redo the fight for the alex torque.... just add a new ring choice as a reward.

Yea lol... I chose Ulthalams back then and wanted the Mage ring badly a few months later. Really lame.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-11-11 09:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Yea lol... I chose Ulthalams back then and wanted the Mage ring badly a few months later. Really lame.
I did the same but now that i never enter salvage, Ulth is pretty much useless to me. My rng would put these rings to so much better use.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-11 11:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Laili said:
Well i was wondering if there are other means then a raja's ring, please keep in mind i normally Mage's for Ls Events which is why i gotten the Tamas Ring.

Merits
Scythe Skill 8/8

Working on Reckoning +1 Trial Weapon Skill:DMG:+10% ugh plantoids
Current TP setWeapon skill setAlso recently I've gotten a E.body but no homam legs or feet :(, so should i keep using my Current TP set till i get homam legs & feet

1) Get Rajas ring. Tamas ring can be replaced.

2) Get a blitz ring.

3) Get a rose strap, if you don't have one already.

4) Work on the Reckoning +1 storeTP scythe, and make a 5hit build with it.

5) You may find this StoreTP/grip guide for scythes and GSs helpful.

6) In your case, you should TP in full Perle. Only TP in your E-body mix/match set... if the mix/match set gives you higher haste than full Perle.

7) You can use your E-body over Perle body for WS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Thandar
Server: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-11-11 12:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said:
Siren.Froggis said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Rajas is the ONLY CoP Ring that cannot be replaced by another ring, get it and Love it for what it is.

Tamas cannot be replaced for WHM (and RDM & SCH) curing. Serene's is the closest substitute.

However, Tamas is quite marginal but there is no ring in the game that comes close to the versatility of Rajas. Hoard ring is fine for certain jobs to TP in though (only for the Store TP obviously) but even Hoard ring pales in comparison to Rajas.

What are you serious? lol

WHM should Idle in PDT rings, Cure in Mind rings(Ohai 6MND Rings)Medecine Ring, Use MP rings for Max MP build, I would NEVER even consider Tamas a good ring for my WHM in any situation, WHM that deem it useful are lazy WHMs that dont know how to play the job properly.

Not to mention that comparing our beloved Raja's Ring to that Hoard Ring, ew. Ew.

E.
W.

I got Raja's before I leveled a DD job.
I had Tamas or whatever for a day then forgot other options even happened :<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-11 12:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly the best ring, clearly
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-11 12:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:

I keep seeing lots of PLDs with this ring >_< and Ninjas..
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-11 12:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

thats a live action shot from my taru, say what you will but

SATTVA is a lifestyle
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-11-11 12:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if at level 90 there will be another stat tier added to CoP rings. 6STR/DEX would be awwwwwwesome!

Edit: Maybe they'll change it so it says 2~6 on it.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-11 13:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Mostly due to laziness of waiting a month without a Tamas or a Rajas in my inventory.
The first time you toss the ring you chose first you can pick a new one right away - i did it once. The 2nd time you toss it, you have to wait 27 days or so (I tossed my ring 3x total) Edit: i see, someone was faster than me =)

Ive tossed Rajas, got Tamas. Tossed Tamas, waited a month, got Rajas. Can I drop and get another Tamas? I don't want to, Im just curious
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-11-11 13:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Sylph.Lotusbluete said:
I did the same but now that i never enter salvage, Ulth is pretty much useless to me. My rng would put these rings to so much better use.

Same. I levelled brd like a month after killing Alex and realized Ulth was totally useless.

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Ive tossed Rajas, got Tamas. Tossed Tamas, waited a month, got Rajas. Can I drop and get another Tamas? I don't want to, Im just curious

Yes but you have to wait another month.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-11 13:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:

Clearly, clearly.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-11-11 16:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what the *** planet you guys are from who think 1 MND is going to be more worthwhile for your cures than -3 enmity. I mean, neither 1 MND nor 3 enmity is going to make a groundbreaking difference but I'll take the -3 enmity any day. The 1 MND probably won't even improve your cure by 1 hp; at least the enmity is guaranteed to do SOMETHING for you. And while you are correct that WHM has Cure V and VI, as anyone who plays WHM regularly in Abyssea knows, you are often required to spam the hell out of them for some NMs (which really does add up) and occasionally use very high hate spells like Curaga III and Curaga IV.

Not that I'm arguing that a Tamas Ring is necessarily better than a Tamas Ring. I just think it's ridiculous to say that using a Tamas Ring on WHM is "lazy."

Edit: Of course I meant to say "better to have than Rajas Ring*" in this last paragraph.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-11 16:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
anyone who plays WHM regularly in Abyssea knows, you are often required to spam the hell out of them for some NMs (which really does add up) and occasionally use very high hate spells like Curaga III and Curaga IV.

Then you have bad tanks. Besides, there's -enmity rings if you really have to go down that road.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-11-11 16:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Not that I'm arguing that a Tamas Ring is necessarily better than a Tamas Ring. I just think it's ridiculous to say that using a Tamas Ring on WHM is "lazy."

Tamas is the best ring so you can't compare it to anything other than itself...?
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-11 16:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a DD job or pld, you need a rajas ring. It's that simple.

The other two CoP rings can be replaced by using appropriate macros and gear swaps.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-11 16:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
If you have a DD job or pld, you need a rajas ring. It's that simple.

The other two CoP rings can be replaced by using appropriate macros and gear swaps.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-11-11 19:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Then you have bad tanks. Besides, there's -enmity rings if you really have to go down that road.

...'kay. It's not really the tank's or anyone else's fault that SE designed some Abyssea NMs to spam devastating (often AoE) TP moves. If it is the tank's fault, I guess that makes you a pretty shitty tank too.

And obviously I am aware that there are -enmity rings >_> my point is that people wear Tamas Ring because it provides an excellent balance of MND, -enmity and MP; in the majority of situations it's not worth sacrificing -3 enmity for 1 MND (which might increase your cure by like 1 hp, if that?), nor is it worth sacrificing 5 MND for -1 enmity...I agree that Rajas Ring is more important for those people who have the jobs that can use it. However, some people such as myself do not have those jobs. I use Tamas Ring because it's a great ring, not because I am lazy.

Edit: Also since your WHM is level 75 so you likely have little or no experience playing the job in Abyssea, I'm slightly puzzled why you say that like some kind of authority on this.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-11-13 07:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

...'kay. It's not really the tank's or anyone else's fault that SE designed some Abyssea NMs to spam devastating (often AoE) TP moves. If it is the tank's fault, I guess that makes you a pretty shitty tank too.

And obviously I am aware that there are -enmity rings >_> my point is that people wear Tamas Ring because it provides an excellent balance of MND, -enmity and MP; in the majority of situations it's not worth sacrificing -3 enmity for 1 MND (which might increase your cure by like 1 hp, if that?), nor is it worth sacrificing 5 MND for -1 enmity...I agree that Rajas Ring is more important for those people who have the jobs that can use it. However, some people such as myself do not have those jobs. I use Tamas Ring because it's a great ring, not because I am lazy.

Edit: Also since your WHM is level 75 so you likely have little or no experience playing the job in Abyssea, I'm slightly puzzled why you say that like some kind of authority on this.

You should be meleeing regardless and should have gotten a rajas ring, you suck
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2010-11-13 07:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The mp on Tamas Ring isn't even worth mentioning, especially as far as Abyssea goes - if you run out of mp as a whm or rdm in Abyssea then get off your lazy butt and get the appropriate atmas.

Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity = refresh +10 and it's even got some -enmity.

Only reason to own a Tamas Ring is if you have mage jobs only.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-13 07:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

why do ppl still post here? like everyone already said rajas > all.
 Leviathan.Ashaaman
Server: Leviathan
user: Ashaaman
By Leviathan.Ashaaman 2010-11-13 10:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

What NMs are you fighting that more than 1 or 2 people are getting hit with AoE? Your WHMs should be spamming cure 5 if anything, and that's an almost hateless spell. It's completely possible to almost cap potency and -enmity on the same spell... Spamming Curaga 3/4 on "tanks" is a terrible idea... Please tell me you're using DD tanks and not PLDs?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-13 11:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how this conversation devolved into another thread where those who still use Tamas or Sattva Rings proclaim their independence and individuality.

While I support the player's prerogative to use whatever equipment they deem best for him/herself, Tamas and Sattva Rings are irrelevant to the OP's question.

"Do I need a Rajas Ring?" (It isn't "Raja's")

The simplest answer is: No, no one *needs* any bit of virtual goods.

However, if you change the question to "Should I get a Rajas Ring?" then the simplest answer is: Yes.
Most of the "old standard" top-end gear (with lvl 75 cap) now has comparable items: Byakko's Haidate, Hauberk+1, Dalmatica, etc.
However, Rajas Ring (at least for the time being) is untouchable in terms of potency, versatility, and usefulness. Get it!
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-11-13 11:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
* Adaman Hauberk

Fixed :)
Btw, Log on and do seal NMs tonight!
[+]
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2010-11-13 11:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said:
* Adaman Hauberk

Don't club seals, you'll make the rest of us canadians look bad! xD
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-11-13 14:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kailana said:
Bismarck.Altar said:
* Adaman Hauberk

Don't club seals, you'll make the rest of us canadians look bad! xD

But it's so easy to proc !! during blunt time of day!