Game: FFXI
user: oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-10-18 11:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my current 5hit Masamune build.

Food: Red curry buns

5hit 20.7% TP

Tachi: Fudo 17.4% TP

Why do a lot of Amano users I've talked to don't care about 5hit? I know it's not easy for everyone to get empyrean +2 but the aftermath should make up for the difference between +2 and +1.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-10-18 11:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty terrible without red curry and berserk, yeah, but even without Kaiten's aftermath, it's still relatively viable to create a five-hit these days thankfully.

20.9%

16.8% (total: 100.3%, even without Carbonara)

Shinimusha Hara-ate looks DISGUSTING, but with the extra Store TP from it and Tactical Mantle, you can avoid Carbonara and use marinara pizza or red curry for much larger increases.

On the bright side, Store TP V (Lv.90) will allow you to get rid of that ugly Hoard Ring (or swap back to Usukane Haramaki) at least if the trait increase is only 5 Store TP, unlike the hoped-for 10 points.

I'm only Unkai Haidate +2 away from those sets right there, though I don't have Masamune either currently; Amanomurakumo's delay makes it work in the same fashion though pretty much.

Aftermath up and Hasso down, swap Unkai Haidate +2 out for Byakko's Haidate

Aftermath up and Hasso up, swap Tactical Mantle out for Unkai Sugemino

[+]
 Caitsith.Ejin
Guide Maker
Server: Caitsith
user: Ejin
By Caitsith.Ejin 2010-10-18 16:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with RR Atma i found i wasn't capped acc on things like Lacovie(90.22%), Glavoid(90,2%), or even Chloris(91%). These were parses of many fights, maybe 10-11 total. (This is with usukane sune-ate for tp.)

I think ace's feet are wonderful, but just being in abyssea doesn't mean you can flat out ignore acc. I was however capped acc on all xp and lower tier NMs. But, i can see this changing for some of the 85 content.

Kujata.Thud
Server: Kujata
user: Thud
By Kujata.Thud 2010-10-19 06:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ejin said:
Even with RR Atma i found i wasn't capped acc on things like Lacovie(90.22%), Glavoid(90,2%), or even Chloris(91%). These were parses of many fights, maybe 10-11 total.

What level are the big 85 Abyssea NMs? I've been aiming for 87 with 357 evasion (as thats the FFXI Calc default). That right?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-10-19 13:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That value is more geared towards EXP-level targets than big NMs, so capped hitrate in FFXICalc is definitely not capped hitrate on any of the above. Exact level is unknown due to EXP mechanics.

Also, that value was for 80 cap and is now out of date. You want approximately 445 accuracy to cap on most Scars EXP-level targets and low level NMs. Unsure about Visions NMs.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
Server: Phoenix
user: neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2010-10-19 18:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely. The set I posted for 5 hit doesn't cap acc even with pizza on several of the KI popped NMs in abyssea. Bhukis, Glav, Lacovie, and pretty much all the higher tier zone bosses (baring the really easy ones like Cirean/Wamour) all have pretty decent evasion and def.

I use the standard 5 hit (with Ace's Sabatons other other gear based on buffs) for lower NMs,exp mobs, older content, and shift to my high acc set for KI NMs.

I'm not sure if Unkai Sugemino is better than Cuchulain's mantle for acc set however, as I haven't seen the Zanshin boost parsed.

[+]
 Cerberus.Oblit
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-10-21 20:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
It's pretty terrible without red curry and berserk, yeah, but even without Kaiten's aftermath, it's still relatively viable to create a five-hit these days thankfully.

20.9%

16.8% (total: 100.3%, even without Carbonara)

Shinimusha Hara-ate looks DISGUSTING, but with the extra Store TP from it and Tactical Mantle, you can avoid Carbonara and use marinara pizza or red curry for much larger increases.

On the bright side, Store TP V (Lv.90) will allow you to get rid of that ugly Hoard Ring (or swap back to Usukane Haramaki) at least if the trait increase is only 5 Store TP, unlike the hoped-for 10 points.

I'm only Unkai Haidate +2 away from those sets right there, though I don't have Masamune either currently; Amanomurakumo's delay makes it work in the same fashion though pretty much.

Aftermath up and Hasso down, swap Unkai Haidate +2 out for Byakko's Haidate

Aftermath up and Hasso up, swap Tactical Mantle out for Unkai Sugemino

Wouldn't Atilla's and Usukane haramaki better?

Cant WS in Nocturnus though.
 Cerberus.Sanjurio
user: Sanjurio
By Cerberus.Sanjurio 2010-10-22 01:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh..been fiddling around with STP values and ***and came up with these sets

^ For TP, 20.8TP/hit

^ 17.4 return, for 5 hit lands you at 100.6 TP total.

How does those look?
Again just bored as hell waiting for Abyssea person.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 01:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
With full Store TP merits: SAM TP with 20.9 TP/hit WS with 16.8 TP return Also, in abyssea with the regain atmas you don't need to worry about Store TP at all cuz you'll surely have a 5 hit either way lol.
Why do you still have Amano stuff? D: Switch that out for a Masamune and fudo some more.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2010-10-22 12:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sanjurio said:
Uh..been fiddling around with STP values and ***and came up with these sets ^ For TP, 20.8TP/hit ^ 17.4 return, for 5 hit lands you at 100.6 TP total. How does those look? Again just bored as hell waiting for Abyssea person.

Are these supposed to be pizza based 5 hit builds? I'm assuming you are using tactical mantle over carb?

You should be able to get away with not using hoard ring in TP set with the rest of your gear (and no tactical mantle with carb).

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-10-22 13:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Neosutra said:
Cerberus.Sanjurio said:
Uh..been fiddling around with STP values and ***and came up with these sets ^ For TP, 20.8TP/hit ^ 17.4 return, for 5 hit lands you at 100.6 TP total. How does those look? Again just bored as hell waiting for Abyssea person.

Are these supposed to be pizza based 5 hit builds? I'm assuming you are using tactical mantle over carb?

You should be able to get away with not using hoard ring in TP set with the rest of your gear (and no tactical mantle with carb).

With that gear that he posted, he gets 83.2 TP in 4 melee hits, and 17.4 TP from WS. This way he gets 104% TP with 5 melee hits (going from 0% TP), or 100.6% TP with WS and 4 melee hits. A true 5hit. (5hit/4hit rebuild)

If he swaps out the Hoard ring from his TP set, he would get 20.4 TP per melee hits, and will get 102% TP with 5 melee hits (going from 0% TP); however, the problem would be that he would not have enough StoreTP in his WS(with the WS gear that he posted). In other words:

20.4 * 4 = 81.6 TP (for 4 melee hits)

17.4 + 81.6 = 99% TP (WS and 4 melee hits)

He would not have a 5hit/4hit rebuild. (to get to 100% TP...he would need 5 melee hits every time, unless he gets hit etc.)

If you really wanted to get rid of the Hoard ring from TP though, you could do the following:

Change the Unkai Sugemino, in the WS set, for a Tactical mangle. Change the Askar body, in the WS set, for the Usukane body. And change the Thew Bomblet, in the WS set, for the White Tathlum.

That gives him 20.4 TP per melee hit, and 18.4 TP from WS.

20.4 * 5 = 102% TP (going from 0% TP)

And 18.4 + 81.6 = 100% TP (WS and 4 melee hits. Therefore, a true 5hit, 5hit/4hit rebuild)

Although, if you do that...you do lose +4 STR, and +34 attack from your WS gear, just to get rid of the Hoard ring from your TP set.

[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-10-22 13:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Oblit said:
Wouldn't Atilla's and Usukane haramaki better?

Cant WS in Nocturnus though.

Same return entirely (100.3%) if you used Usukane Haramaki and Attila's Earring during TP and then merely replaced Nocturnus Mail with Usukane Haramaki (or even Askar Korazin), so you're in fact right for the most part, since I can imagine the 6% gained hit rate easily outperforming the 2 STR and 1% TA on WS, but that makes me wonder, have you tried a Byrnie +1 out on Fudo yet?

I assume it's like Kaiten in a sense as far as value of attack goes, but simply put, even if you haven't tried Byrnie +1 on it yet: How much does Fudo's average vary with meat and Minuets (or Chaos Roll)?
 Cerberus.Oblit
By Cerberus.Oblit 2010-10-29 01:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sets are getting close to finish.
My current sets:

5hit --- 20.7% TP --- Red curry buns --- Outside Abyssea

Tachi: Fudo --- 17.4% TP --- Red curry buns --- Outside Abyssea

5hit (Abyssea) --- 20.0% TP --- Red curry buns --- Atma of the Voracious Violet

Tachi: Fudo (Abyssea) --- 16.0% TP --- Red curry buns --- Atma of the Voracious Violet

5hit (Abyssea/No Hasso) --- 20.0% TP --- Red curry buns --- Atma of the Voracious Violet

Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-29 16:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Very nice. Spellcast really is making all these sets alot easier to incorporate into everyday use. I'm going for Masamune myself, but I don't quite have the same access to gear. I have no Usukane, so I'm probably going to have to opt for a 6-hit with Sword Strap until then. (I'm starting Salvage up soon, if there's even a point to Usukane Haramaki after AF3 Body)

Started about a week ago from scratch, now I'm 2/50 Carabosse Gems. Not going super fast, but I'll get there.

Most likely use this since I have way too much pride to use Shinimusha Hara-ate:

Carbuncle.Virtuosus
Server: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-29 17:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, looking over my set again, I can easily 5-hit using this:

This is all not including Voracious Violet and/or Carbonara. Any alternative suggestions not including Shinimusha? I might be forgetting something.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2010-12-21 09:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a bump on this, but with the extra 3 stp on the AF3+2 body over Usukane, and the addition of Twilight Mail/helm, how are people configuring their 5hit Fudo builds?

With/without VV atma, with/without cor.
 Diabolos.Cloudg
Server: Diabolos
user: Krzkilla
By Diabolos.Cloudg 2010-12-30 21:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Best I can seem to find for TP in Masamune set is:

This "should" be 21.0 TP per swing allowing you to WS in almost anything, as long as you leave Rajas Ring and Brutal Earring on.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: outside Abyssea,

Also, what is the Best WS set now for straight DMG not for keeping X hits?
 Shiva.Saberr
Server: Shiva
user: saberr
By Shiva.Saberr 2010-12-30 21:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What about adding twilight gear?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-30 21:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Saberr said:
What about adding twilight gear?
Why would you TP in Twilight gear on SAM?
 Shiva.Saberr
Server: Shiva
user: saberr
By Shiva.Saberr 2010-12-30 22:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh your just talkin bout TPing XD
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-30 22:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

cloud asked about WS set for dmg...then saber suggested Twilight Gear... nobody said anything about TPing in it hehe
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-30 22:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Cloudg said:
Should be something like

Concessions obviously made here for 5hit though. If accuracy on your DAs is uncapped for whatever reason then I could see Twilight beating Varangian, but that's extremely minor and about the only adjustment I see (from a non-SAM's perspective).
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-30 22:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ew, Samurai has to avoid a lot of Nice new stuff to keep that true 5. No zelus tiara or atheling mantle :(
 Diabolos.Cloudg
By Diabolos.Cloudg 2010-12-31 08:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Cloudg said:
Should be something like

Concessions obviously made here for 5hit though. If accuracy on your DAs is uncapped for whatever reason then I could see Twilight beating Varangian, but that's extremely minor and about the only adjustment I see (from a non-SAM's perspective).

I guess my Main Question is Twilight Mail Vs. Byrnie +1
The Acc and Extra Str are nice but the attack on Byrnie +1 seems a lot to lose for Fudo sets.

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ew, Samurai has to avoid a lot of Nice new stuff to keep that true 5. No zelus tiara or atheling mantle :(

There are only a few jobs that seem to benefit from Zelus Tiara imo,
a lot of jobs now can cap out haste without it, with AF3+2 and other stuff thrown in, Warrior for example: War can cap out fairly easily with Timarli Hands/Body AF3+2 legs and feet, Bullwhip belt and blitz ring, allowing them to full time Af3+2 Head.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-31 10:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Cloudg said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Cloudg said:
Should be something like

I guess my Main Question is Twilight Mail Vs. Byrnie +1
The Acc and Extra Str are nice but the attack on Byrnie +1 seems a lot to lose for Fudo sets.
10 STR vs 25 attack. If Fudo is 60% STR, that's ~5 base damage vs 17.5 attack. Using 90 Masamune (114 D, 20 fSTR cap), that 5 base damage is about a 1.85% increase in damage inside Abyssea. 17.5 attack will be better if your attack with Twilight Mail is below ~950 and you're actually benefiting from said attack. At the very least I'd expect Twilight to win with Berserk up and it should be competitive even without it. If you're capping pDIF it wins easily, and likely wins if it increases DA hitrate too. If I had to choose between them rather than carrying both, I'd probably favor Twilight.

Quote:
Odin.Zicdeh said:

There are only a few jobs that seem to benefit from Zelus Tiara imo,
a lot of jobs now can cap out haste without it, with AF3+2 and other stuff thrown in, Warrior for example: War can cap out fairly easily with Timarli Hands/Body AF3+2 legs and feet, Bullwhip belt and blitz ring, allowing them to full time Af3+2 Head.
WAR should be gearing for a 5hit instead.
 Phoenix.Neosutra
By Phoenix.Neosutra 2010-12-31 11:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Cloudg said:
Best I can seem to find for TP in Masamune set is:

This "should" be 21.0 TP per swing allowing you to WS in almost anything, as long as you leave Rajas Ring and Brutal Earring on.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: outside Abyssea,

This is the set I came up with for my 5hitNoCorNoEve (outside abyssea without Cor) for TPing. WS set that Nightfrye posted was right on key as well, but I still need to finish the WOE earring.

Can make less constrictive builds when inside abyssea and/or have a cor.
 Diabolos.Cloudg
By Diabolos.Cloudg 2010-12-31 18:07:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

10 STR vs 25 attack. If Fudo is 60% STR, that's ~5 base damage vs 17.5 attack. Using 90 Masamune (114 D, 20 fSTR cap), that 5 base damage is about a 1.85% increase in damage inside Abyssea. 17.5 attack will be better if your attack with Twilight Mail is below ~950 and you're actually benefiting from said attack. At the very least I'd expect Twilight to win with Berserk up and it should be competitive even without it. If you're capping pDIF it wins easily, and likely wins if it increases DA hitrate too. If I had to choose between them rather than carrying both, I'd probably favor Twilight.

Nice, thanks for the info.