Refresh II - Hurrah!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Refresh II - Hurrah!
Refresh II - Hurrah!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-09 18:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Isiolia said:
Phoenix.Darkovercast said:
Side Note: Gain-VIT gives +5 VIT unsure duarion, no able to Accession it. I assume Gain-MND will be the same +5
It scales with Enhancing skill. When I tried Gain-VIT, it was +5 at 276 and 301 skill, +6 at 311, +7 at 322, and +8 at 332. So presumably gains a point per 10 skill after a certain level, potentially making these rather potent in the long run.
Didn't try that but the duration is 15 min
That with or without Composure?
With... but given the duration of other spells I doubt it was because of composure. Also you can only have one up at a time and lower potency ones will have no effect if you have a higher potency one on but a higher or equal potency will overwrite
MP cost?
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-09-09 18:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

costs 60mp, and restores 6mp/tick. DOESNT work with Accession and lasts 2.5 mins.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 18:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Isiolia said:
Phoenix.Darkovercast said:
Side Note: Gain-VIT gives +5 VIT unsure duarion, no able to Accession it. I assume Gain-MND will be the same +5
It scales with Enhancing skill. When I tried Gain-VIT, it was +5 at 276 and 301 skill, +6 at 311, +7 at 322, and +8 at 332. So presumably gains a point per 10 skill after a certain level, potentially making these rather potent in the long run.
Didn't try that but the duration is 15 min
That with or without Composure?
With... but given the duration of other spells I doubt it was because of composure. Also you can only have one up at a time and lower potency ones will have no effect if you have a higher potency one on but a higher or equal potency will overwrite
MP cost?
33 With light arts up
By Flionheart 2010-09-09 18:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD is still the king of refresh then. Especially with this Ballad +1 Harp and Ballad +1 AF3 piece.

They need to update the G.horn.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 18:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm duration was definitely lower without composure.

Edit: not sure what happened that time but did it again withotu composure and definitely 15 min
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-09 19:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
costs 60mp, and restores 6mp/tick. DOESNT work with Accession and lasts 2.5 mins.

So we're back to being just cure ***. *** YOU FOR THAT ONE, SE. Why can't I just play as an Enfeebler/Debuffer with a side of Curing and Nuking?!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 19:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
So we're back to being just cure ***. *** YOU FOR THAT ONE, SE. Why can't I just play as an Enfeebler/Debuffer with a side of Curing and Nuking?!
That doesn't even make sense. Having more mp makes us cure ***!?! Sense you make none
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-09-09 19:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of QQing from RDMs over a fantastic spell is so uncalled for. When did everyone become such a princess..
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-09 19:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
That doesn't even make sense. Having more mp makes us cure ***!?! Sense you make none
Having Cure 4 makes us Cure ***.

I loved being /SCH since it had what BLM and WHM had, which is what RDM is based on. It made us feel more like than than just being /BLM or /WHM. And now that /SCH has lost its luster just because Refresh 2 can't be AoE, I'm pissed off I have to switch between subs again, and /WHM will be the most preferred sub for RDM again. *** this ***, man.
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2010-09-09 19:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Refresh 1 work with Ascension? I'm sure it's been mentioned ITT but no, I will not search!
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-09 19:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Refresh 1 works with Accession. But it's pointless now that every mage can cast Refresh on themselves.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 19:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Today was the first time I've ever been on rdm that it has actually been a good idea to AOE refresh. SO not being able to do it with refresh II I could care less. And /sch will be better than /whm 99.9% of the time still. /blm will be useful more often than /whm. Refresh II doesn't change a thing about subs. No reason it should
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-09-09 19:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I admit it depresses me a bit that it does not work with accession but at the least I still come out with more mp than before even if I'm holding a 5 person cycle. It was more about my time than it was about the mp saving.
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-09 22:20:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

I loved being /SCH since it had what BLM and WHM had, which is what RDM is based on. It made us feel more like than than just being /BLM or /WHM. And now that /SCH has lost its luster just because Refresh 2 can't be AoE, I'm pissed off I have to switch between subs again, and /WHM will be the most preferred sub for RDM again. *** this ***, man.

I don't see how /whm wins over /sch besides teles. :\ /sch is still more MP friendly cause of Light Arts reducing MP cost, plus you can AOE Stoneskin etc or just using penury. /SCH gets all the NAs you need iirc. It even gets reraise. Also dark arts is nice for bio and other things. I can see BLM being more beneficial for some things then /sch because of being able to have constant sleepga and warp II is kinda nice when you have no BLM with you but really /sch > /whm for most things unless you need to tele lol

edit: If you thought refreshga was the only reason /sch was worth anything you haven't really thought about it. I hardly ever used refreshga unless in a BLM pt.
 Sylph.Reaplife
Server: Sylph
user: Chaossoul
By Sylph.Reaplife 2010-09-09 22:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy mother of god, I love this spell. Now just need to get my RDM high enough to be able to cast it.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-09 22:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

I don't see how /whm wins over /sch besides teles. :\ /sch is still more MP friendly cause of Light Arts reducing MP cost, plus you can AOE Stoneskin etc or just using penury. /SCH gets all the NAs you need iirc. It even gets reraise. Also dark arts is nice for bio and other things. I can see BLM being more beneficial for some things then /sch because of being able to have constant sleepga and warp II is kinda nice when you have no BLM with you but really /sch > /whm for most things unless you need to tele lol

edit: If you thought refreshga was the only reason /sch was worth anything you haven't really thought about it. I hardly ever used refreshga unless in a BLM pt.

I knew most of that to begin with, but it just seemed its only redeeming factor to use it over /BLM and /WHM was being able to AoE spells, mainly refresh, as well as having a collection of spells that BLM and WHM normally get. With Refresh Accession pointless, it just seemed that /BLM and /WHM were inevitably going to stay on top for Subs, even IF Stona was the only other na spell /SCH doesn't get where /WHM wins out.

I want to believe /SCH wins out against /WHM, but I fear the general consensus is already voting for the latter to have for power's sake.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-09 22:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK Light Arts reduces MP costs for White Magic spells by 10%, Reduces casting time for White Magic by 10% and Reduces recast time for White Magic by 10%. That's pretty sexy by itself without AOEing spells.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-09 23:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM may get Stona, but ultimately /SCH is still superior, ACCESSION na/erase, ACCESSION Cure IV, MANIFESTATION Sleep II, and so much more.

Unless the mob can petrify, or you need Teleport spells, /WHM is useless.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-09 23:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinako said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Having Cure 4 makes us Cure ***. I loved being /SCH since it had what BLM and WHM had, which is what RDM is based on. It made us feel more like than than just being /BLM or /WHM. And now that /SCH has lost its luster just because Refresh 2 can't be AoE, I'm pissed off I have to switch between subs again, and /WHM will be the most preferred sub for RDM again. *** this ***, man.
I don't see how /whm wins over /sch besides teles. :\ /sch is still more MP friendly cause of Light Arts reducing MP cost, plus you can AOE Stoneskin etc or just using penury. /SCH gets all the NAs you need iirc. It even gets reraise. Also dark arts is nice for bio and other things. I can see BLM being more beneficial for some things then /sch because of being able to have constant sleepga and warp II is kinda nice when you have no BLM with you but really /sch > /whm for most things unless you need to tele lol edit: If you thought refreshga was the only reason /sch was worth anything you haven't really thought about it. I hardly ever used refreshga unless in a BLM pt.
I knew most of that to begin with, but it just seemed its only redeeming factor to use it over /BLM and /WHM was being able to AoE spells, mainly refresh, as well as having a collection of spells that BLM and WHM normally get. With Refresh Accession pointless, it just seemed that /BLM and /WHM were inevitably going to stay on top for Subs, even IF Stona was the only other na spell /SCH doesn't get where /WHM wins out. I want to believe /SCH wins out against /WHM, but I fear the general consensus is already voting for the latter to have for power's sake.

Well, not only do you get Light Arts and Dark Arts bonuses when you use them, but you get the Conserve MP trait, which you wouldn't as /whm. You also get AoE capabilities, ability to make your next spell cheap as hell.. aspir and drain..

At 25% Conserve MP, it saves quite a bit of MP. You may lose Curaga I-II, but gain accession Cure IV in the scenario you'd use that. If you're curing your party, may as well stay in Light Arts, and since RDM gets such nice fast cast, if you need to cast Bio II+, Bind, Blind, or Gravity, just do it in Light Arts unless you plan on casting it a lot.

/sch has such immense MP benefits that I'd be surprised if you could run out now that we have composurable Refresh II.

The only time I'd bring /whm to something was if I was expecting lots of Breakga. That's really the only situation I can think of to bring it to.. That or if you're running around needing teleports.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-09 23:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
WHM may get Stona, but ultimately /SCH is still superior, ACCESSION na/erase, ACCESSION Cure IV, MANIFESTATION Sleep II, and so much more.

Unless the mob can petrify, or you need Teleport spells, /WHM is useless.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-09 23:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Another way too look at it Curaga II costs 120MP and would heal around ~200

Accession Cure IV will cost 176MP and heal more than double that. So healing alone it's superior to /WHM even with Divine Seal Curage II, which is 10 minutes recast, as opposed to 2:00
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-09-09 23:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright...all that info gives me comfort in knowing that /SCH isn't completely useless after all. My only other worry at the moment is looking at /BLM for Stun at 45.

Now...Refresh 2. Other than the huge hit it took on my bank, this looks to be worth it when I hit 82.
 Bismarck.Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-10 00:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright...all that info gives me comfort in knowing that /SCH isn't completely useless after all. My only other worry at the moment is looking at /BLM for Stun at 45.

Now...Refresh 2. Other than the huge hit it took on my bank, this looks to be worth it when I hit 82.

I'll be /sch for most events unless it requires constant sleepga, chainspell stun, or just another stun in the stun order.
 Shiva.Shinneh
Server: Shiva
user: Shinneh
By Shiva.Shinneh 2010-09-10 04:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget...

desert boots+ Sandstorm from /sch, thats what I'm most looking forward to! lol (no clue if Composure works with storms, anyone?)
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-10 05:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

/sch was a better subjobs that /whm 99% of the time at 75. The 1% being those few times you needed to spam curaga which kills your mp fast. Or the few times you needed erase. Note only if the rdm absolutely needed it.

Most of the AOE refresh is a waste of a strat. Unless you are silly and keep composure on 24/7 you would have to hit at least 4 targets that needed it besides yourself to save more mp than a simple penury cure IV.

Today was the first and only time that has happened to me and that was because I was actually in a blm pt... kinda a waste of a rdm but meh. Even then it probably wasn't the best of ideas since I had a blu and sam in the pt and at least one of the blms wasn't in range or afking with full mp etc but I was tired and lazy. Plus to go with that laziness I was keeping composure up and hitting myself each time lol

Frankly acenssion refresh is just as usefulless as before

If anything I see /blm becoming more popular. For those hnms with extreme resistance to slow maybe para the new ja just makes ES debuffs sweeter
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-10 09:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shinneh said:
Don't forget...

desert boots+ Sandstorm from /sch, thats what I'm most looking forward to! lol (no clue if Composure works with storms, anyone?)

In theory it should.
 Diabolos.Karisa
Server: Diabolos
user: Karisa
By Diabolos.Karisa 2010-09-10 15:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

did anyone else notice the npc isnt selling this anymore?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-10 15:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've read what the npc is willing to sell is based on how much stuff was bought from it or something and is tiered. Probalby why it took so long to find and why people ahing them for 300k is working
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2010-09-10 22:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

here's food for thought:
brd/rdm at 99 will be able to fastcast spells, haste, ballad 3 and ballad 2 with a fulltime plus 1 instrument. thats (3+1)+(2+1)+3 = 10 mp a tick refresh for a party alone. add 5/mp a tic atma that anyone can get that's 15mp a tic. add to the fact that a sch can ascession refresh. thats at minimum 15/mp a tic refresh for all mages and 12 mp a tic refresh for plds before gear and JAs. nobody should need 18 at the cost of a sch, cor or second brd in party, seeing as mp and hp levels aren't going up exponentially while mp refresh effects are. essentially makes refresh2 useless soon outside of a self buff. unless rdm gets some serious rdm exclusive party buffs it will soon find its way out as a support class and be used more for enfeebles exclusively. which means it will find its way into less alliance slots.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-10 23:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
here's food for thought: brd/rdm at 99 will be able to fastcast spells, haste, ballad 3 and ballad 2 with a fulltime plus 1 instrument. thats (3+1)+(2+1)+3 = 10 mp a tick refresh for a party alone. add 5/mp a tic atma that anyone can get that's 15mp a tic. add to the fact that a sch can ascession refresh. thats at minimum 15/mp a tic refresh for all mages and 12 mp a tic refresh for plds before gear and JAs. nobody should need 18 at the cost of a sch, cor or second brd in party, seeing as mp and hp levels aren't going up exponentially while mp refresh effects are. essentially makes refresh2 useless soon outside of a self buff. unless rdm gets some serious rdm exclusive party buffs it will soon find its way out as a support class and be used more for enfeebles exclusively. which means it will find its way into less alliance slots.

You may be right that our spot in an alliance is looking kind of grim. Until we get a higher tier cure, RDMs are somewhat in trouble. Anyone that can /whm will now have access to Cure IV and has had access to haste, /rdm their own refresh.

As far as Refresh II being needless overkill, nah. Spells are still getting more expensive to cast, so it's not like all this new refresh won't be used.

RDM nukes aren't a trivial matter, either. It's lower damage than a BLM, but RDM can still easily fill the role of good buffer, decent healer, decent nuker, and great enfeebler, all in a moment's notice.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7