Refresh II - Hurrah!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Refresh II - Hurrah!
Refresh II - Hurrah!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 23:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Easy, but strenuous on your time resources.
Accension doesn't help that much either. It doubles mp cost cast time and triples recast. Except it does that to the base amount not the light arts amount. So you can actually cast 2 refreshes faster than 1 accession refresh.
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-08-28 00:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nevill said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bubbly said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Hopefully they won't gimp it like that, annoying enough doing refresh cycles without them shortening the duration.
When SE gives us something nice, there is always a price to pay. ;;
$10

Dasva made me laugh hard. Now my wife is looking at me funny....

You won't need to buy the add on to get this spell, and probably won't need anything from the add-on to break the level cap. So refresh II will only cost you gil and your ordinary monthly fee if you choose not to buy the add-on :P.
By Bubbly 2010-08-28 00:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bubbly said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Hopefully they won't gimp it like that, annoying enough doing refresh cycles without them shortening the duration.
$10

You won't need to buy the add on to get this spell, and probably won't need anything from the add-on to break the level cap. So refresh II will only cost you gil and your ordinary monthly fee if you choose not to buy the add-on :P.

I totally forgot about breaking the damn level cap. I dun wanna give away my precious kindred seals!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 00:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bubbly said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
$10
You ruined the joke.

Thanks
[+]
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2010-08-28 03:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bubbly said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
Bismarck.Nevill said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bubbly said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
$10

I totally forgot about breaking the damn level cap. I dun wanna give away my precious kindred seals!
Id be more worried about merits ._.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-08-28 07:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Accension doesn't help that much either. It doubles mp cost cast time and triples recast. Except it does that to the base amount not the light arts amount. So you can actually cast 2 refreshes faster than 1 accession refresh.

But allows you much more ease to do so, it casts on everyone, so if there is more than 2 people that have MP, it's quicker, the recast time is nothing, you get it back before you need to cast it again, and no need to worry about missing it running off in the log when there is many enemies, such as Dynamis, and then allows you to recast it on all again at the exact same time. So it gives many benefits /WHM does not.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-28 07:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume he means if not everyone is in range for it. Acession refresh mages > wait forever to refresh a PLD. Giving about a minute till the cycle starts all over again.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 07:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
But allows you much more ease to do so, it casts on everyone, so if there is more than 2 people that have MP, it's quicker, the recast time is nothing, you get it back before you need to cast it again, and no need to worry about missing it running off in the log when there is many enemies, such as Dynamis, and then allows you to recast it on all again at the exact same time. So it gives many benefits /WHM does not.
It's only faster if you hit more than 2 people besides yourself. Otherwise it is slower. At 3 people it saves all of 2 sec. Well asssuming you cast in af head + relic body. If you don't it's even closer though not by much.

Recast matters a huge amount since even if everyone is in range chances are you don't want it to hit you. Yays for having to wait 30+ sec. Not to mention coordinating 3+ people being in range of it AND not you without having to wait.

In the end it's main use is for just making it easier to refresh a group not necessarily better at it. But yeah if you litterally have nothing else to use your charges on. 9/10 times I'd much rather use charges for something else. Hell the only use of it in the first place was a blm mage pt pretty much and next update can start using storms /sch...
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-28 07:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bubbly said:
Agreed. I'm very thankful that RDM wasn't nerfed out of it's *** again this update. Actually we got *** pimped this time. I wonder how the new JA is going to work though.
But with Refresh II I can finally get BLUs out of my *** saying how better they are than RDM.

When I read this all I thought was "Yay we get a rdm *** again" :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 07:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
Bubbly said:
Agreed. I'm very thankful that RDM wasn't nerfed out of it's *** again this update. Actually we got *** pimped this time. I wonder how the new JA is going to work though. But with Refresh II I can finally get BLUs out of my *** saying how better they are than RDM.
I lol'd. Not like rdms ever refresed me when i was on blu. I litterally got more unasked for refreshes on thf than I did on blu...

Well at least until I got battery charge. Then once I got that they all started. I almost think the rdms I go with do it on purpose.

Oh you don't have refresh? Well you aint getting it. Oh you got a better one? I'll overwrite it. Hhahhahahahah
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-28 08:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Shiva.Superdan said:
Bubbly said:
Agreed. I'm very thankful that RDM wasn't nerfed out of it's *** again this update. Actually we got *** pimped this time. I wonder how the new JA is going to work though. But with Refresh II I can finally get BLUs out of my *** saying how better they are than RDM.
I lol'd. Not like rdms ever refresed me when i was on blu. I litterally got more unasked for refreshes on thf than I did on blu...

Well at least until I got battery charge. Then once I got that they all started. I almost think the rdms I go with do it on purpose.

Oh you don't have refresh? Well you aint getting it. Oh you got a better one? I'll overwrite it. Hhahhahahahah

About the only time I've been in a situation where I had a competant rdm keep refresh on me full time was in my Nyzul Isle static. I remember back in the day when I was levelling blu in ToAU areas, I used to have to take a couple dozen fruit juices with me, even if we did have a rdm =[
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 08:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah when I still had enough invent I used to carry water crystals and melons with me at all times lol
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2010-08-28 09:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Something tells me that brd will be getting Ballad IV when we finish closing the gap to 99 so for that reason I'd assume RDM refresh II would be 7mp/tick.

On topic though, it seems more likely that blu's play more aggressively with battery charge which makes a more noticeable difference in their mp pool and calls the attention of the rdm. I always hated getting asked for refresh from a blu sittin at near full mp, who cast sparingly to maintain their mp up.
 Sylph.Reaplife
Server: Sylph
user: Chaossoul
By Sylph.Reaplife 2010-08-28 09:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said:
Something tells me that brd will be getting Ballad IV when we finish closing the gap to 99 so for that reason I'd assume RDM refresh II would be 7mp/tick.

On topic though, it seems more likely that blu's play more aggressively with battery charge which makes a more noticeable difference in their mp pool and calls the attention of the rdm. I always hated getting asked for refresh from a blu sittin at near full mp, who cast sparingly to maintain their mp up.

Yeah, this. In an EXP party I would always refresh a BLU unless after I did they stayed at 85%+ MP at all times, mainly due to my belief that a BLU with a lesser % of MP was doing causing more damage by casting more often. Kind of the same thing with DRK, though if they were casting I'd just put them at the end of the refresh cycle every other time.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-28 09:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said:

I seriously doubt this. They've established a pattern of Bard getting ballad every 30 levels. Hoping for 7mp/tick out of Refresh II is a bit excessive.

Lv25: Mage's Ballad (1 tick)
+30
Lv55: Mage's Ballad II (2 tick)
+30
Lv85: Mage's Ballad III (3 tick, assuming)
+30
Lv115: Well above cap.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-08-28 09:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
It's only faster if you hit more than 2 people besides yourself. Otherwise it is slower. At 3 people it saves all of 2 sec. Well asssuming you cast in af head + relic body. If you don't it's even closer though not by much.

Recast matters a huge amount since even if everyone is in range chances are you don't want it to hit you. Yays for having to wait 30+ sec. Not to mention coordinating 3+ people being in range of it AND not you without having to wait.

In the end it's main use is for just making it easier to refresh a group not necessarily better at it. But yeah if you litterally have nothing else to use your charges on. 9/10 times I'd much rather use charges for something else. Hell the only use of it in the first place was a blm mage pt pretty much and next update can start using storms /sch...

Perhaps, I've always been in groups that's been together, and all use MP, so for me it's easier. Not to mention the charge's left can be used to reduce the cost of cures or other high-costing spells. Plus the random enspell for physical resistant enemies.
 Cerberus.Vraelia
user: Vraelia
By Cerberus.Vraelia 2010-08-28 13:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angeluzun said:

On topic though, it seems more likely that blu's play more aggressively with battery charge which makes a more noticeable difference in their mp pool and calls the attention of the rdm.

I agree with this. I only Refresh a BLU only if they ask for it, due to them being able to use Battery Charge. But yeah, if their MP is way low, it gets my attention. As a RDM, I am used to Refreshing. So, this is natural for me to do.
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2010-08-28 13:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I just want to know when PLD is getting Flash II...
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-28 13:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Parak said:

What would differ Flash II from Flash? Even higher acc down? :P
 Fenrir.Parak
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Parak 2010-08-28 13:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe higher enmity gain? I dunno. :P
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-28 13:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Could give Paladin a form of Dread Spikes.
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-28 13:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Reprisal? kinda the same thing...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-08-28 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's only if you block though.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-08-28 19:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Nah, wouldn't make sense.

If anything, I'd rather them get Stoneskin natively.
 Bismarck.Danz
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-08-28 20:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

wow... if this is real... mages are getting such a HUGE boost in MP recovering...

Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-08-28 20:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

will refresh 1 & two stack?

i doubt it.. that's too much casting.. ~.~
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-28 20:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Fenrir.Parak said:

What would differ Flash II from Flash? Even higher acc down? :P

Well.. The fact you have 2 flash's for more emnity? <.<

Also..
Bismarck.Danz said:
wow... if this is real... mages are getting such a HUGE boost in MP recovering...

F U Relic Bards - I doubt this is real :/
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-28 21:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Danz said:
if this is real...
Lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-28 21:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps, I've always been in groups that's been together, and all use MP, so for me it's easier.

Not to mention the charge's left can be used to reduce the cost of cures or other high-costing spells. Plus the random enspell for physical resistant enemies.
Yeah mages never stick together for me.

And if I'm in a manaburn pt, I WILL BE ON BLM. It's just too well geared not too lol.

But yeah that was sorta my point. Most the time there are better uses for your charges. From a purely mp point of view penury Cure IV saves more mp than accension refresh on 3 people besides you.

And then there is always phalanxga, stoneskinga, enpsellga which generally eat up all my charges. Unfortunately can't quite keep up 2 buffs at once.
 Caitsith.Enygma
Server: Caitsith
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-09-08 22:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I know there are a few RDM 83s on my server atm, and i guess i was gonna ask if anyone has gotten refresh2 yet if they would post MP cost and how much MP/tic you get back in return. Also if/where you get the scroll

Just curious :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7