Refresh II - Hurrah!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Refresh II - Hurrah!
Refresh II - Hurrah!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-27 17:56:03
Link | Quote | Reply

if we can accession fresh II, my life will be complete >.> but i kinda doubt it
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-27 18:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you can do it to refresh 1 >.> but my doubt of them letting us do it are from not being able to accession en-spell II
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-27 18:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Strange said:
if u cant do it to refresh 1 why would SE let you do t to refresh 2?

you can accession refresh1
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 18:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
if we can accession fresh II, my life will be complete >.> but i kinda doubt it
I could care less unless they make it cost decently more than refresh or shorter duration.

I mean as is the number of situations where using accession on refresh is a smart and not just lazy thing are limited to being in a blm pt pretty much
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-08-27 18:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
aw well since i quit healing and only solo melee rdm i nvr needed to try it. my bad
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 18:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Strange said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
aw well since i quit healing and only solo melee rdm i nvr needed to try it. my bad
There is little need for it right now.

The only reason to use it vs keep up a cycle is to save mp. And since it doubles mp cost and you could've saved more mp using parsimony on cure IV for example it means you really need to hit at least 4 people to even give it a chance of being worthwhile. Not including you since you will be on a composure cycle
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-27 18:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
There is little need for it right now.

The only reason to use it vs keep up a cycle is to save mp. And since it doubles mp cost and you could've saved more mp using parsimony on cure IV for example it means you really need to hit at least 4 people to even give it a chance of being worthwhile. Not including you since you will be on a composure cycle
the reason i use it, short of being in an all mage party, is to save time. if i can fresh all 3 people with one cast it lets me have more time to worry about haste and cures and such.. i don't NEED that extra time, but it's just kinda helpfull.. you could argue its a waste of a stratagem though but kinda depends on how many buffs you need to/want to AoE XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 18:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
Siren.Catabolic said:
Bismarck.Strange said:
There is little need for it right now. The only reason to use it vs keep up a cycle is to save mp. And since it doubles mp cost and you could've saved more mp using parsimony on cure IV for example it means you really need to hit at least 4 people to even give it a chance of being worthwhile. Not including you since you will be on a composure cycle
the reason i use it, short of being in an all mage party, is to save time. if i can fresh all 3 people with one cast it lets me have more time to worry about haste and cures and such.. i don't NEED that extra time, but it's just kinda helpfull.. you could argue its a waste of a stratagem though but kinda depends on how many buffs you need to/want to AoE XD
I suppose. Though even then you are only saving the time of 1 casting. And put it all in one cast lol instead of spreading it out.

Plus I find AOEing self only things to be so much more useful
 Bismarck.Strange
By Bismarck.Strange 2010-08-27 18:13:17
Link | Quote | Reply

good to know ^^
[+]
 Leviathan.Arthion
Server: Leviathan
user: Arthion
By Leviathan.Arthion 2010-08-27 18:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does everyone keep mentioning accession? Switching between arts and putting addendum: white on isn't very strategem efficient. SCH sub isn't really as good as people think. And how many people do you really need to refresh at once that you need accession? I'm not saying /sch doesn't have its uses, but I wouldn't put much thought into accession and refresh2. /WHM is still best imo
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 18:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arthion said:
Why does everyone keep mentioning accession? Switching between arts and putting addendum: white on isn't very strategem efficient. SCH sub isn't really as good as people think. And how many people do you really need to refresh at once that you need accession? I'm not saying /sch doesn't have its uses, but I wouldn't put much thought into accession and refresh2. /WHM is still best imo
You's trolling.

How in any way shape or form is /whm better?
By Bubbly 2010-08-27 18:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arthion said:

Do you think before you type?
 Leviathan.Arthion
user: Arthion
By Leviathan.Arthion 2010-08-27 18:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If I want to cast a black magic spell I don't want to deal with mp penalties or have to use one of my OMGaccession strategems to go back to light arts and have access to status cures.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-27 18:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Arthion said:
You's trolling.

How in any way shape or form is /whm better?
the ONLY thing i can think of would be stona >.> you'd be surprised at how little you need to switch arts in a party.. a mob link and you need to sleep it? k... just cast sleep, pay an extra 5 mp >.>

*EDIT, and that extra mp you gotta pay for black magic will under light arts. you save more mp from casting all that white magic on light arts
By Bubbly 2010-08-27 18:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arthion said:
If I want to cast a black magic spell I don't want to deal with mp penalties or have to use one of my OMGaccession strategems to go back to light arts and have access to status cures.

Refresh II will cover that MP back in no time!
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 18:32:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arthion said:
Before accession I'd just save strats for addendum. Now I mostly stay in light arts unless I know nas are covered. Needless to say you save more mp staying in arts and sometimes casting out of them then if you went /whm even if you cast more Mp worth of spells in the wrong art.

Not to mention the mp saved thru your strats.

What you described is a minor annoyance is all
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-27 19:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arthion said:

You do know when you switch arts you don't have to put up the addendum yea? The addendum usually only gives you access to spells other members in your ally are already covering 95% of the time. The increase in light or dark skill is still gained without addendum. If you feel the need for addendum you put it up at the beginning of run or in downtime between actions. /whm besides stona and divine seal is completely worthless now.
Leviathan.Arthion said:

Again you don't need to use addendum when you switch arts. you can switch arts freely whenever you want and have 2 charges at your disposal(if the timers are up). {insert sarcasm}I can see what your saying though. /whm is awesome at casting dark based spells.{end of sarcasm}
 Ragnarok.Holyman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-08-27 19:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You all forgot the fact it highly affects the recast/cast time of the spells you cast on different arts .

The problem isn't in MP cost , but crowd control , main SCH is more effecient than RDM/SCH in crowd control .

Also Accession + Refresh is plain dumb & comes from people who are utterly lazy *** , you basically never save MP unless you're casting on 3 people NOT including yourself , since it *** up with composured Refresh .

Refresh II + Accession "that if it worked in the first place" just precipatate that fact , dumb & lazy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-27 20:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Time not spent casting Refresh is time spent doing something else.
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2010-08-27 20:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly whms who thought they could finally outdo rdms.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2010-08-27 20:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What i am really wondering is...

How much you think refresh II will cost?

1 million?
 Lakshmi.Hiku
Server: Lakshmi
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2010-08-27 20:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said:
What i am really wondering is...

How much you think refresh II will cost?

1 million?

I am curious as to this also, though SE will probably help the market by making it sold by an NPC like they did with the previous updates scrolls. I'm not expecting it to be a very cheap scroll as almost everyone has RDM levelled, but if they do make it sold by an NPC it would help cap the cost of it on the AH. (still expecting to see the idiots who cant wait to find out where to get it buying it for 1mil+, only to have it drop down to about 100~200k overnight)
 Leviathan.Belius
user: Belius
By Leviathan.Belius 2010-08-27 21:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw guys, the scroll drops from a mob called 'Taisai'
[+]
 Phoenix.Lithical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2010-08-27 21:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Keeping a refresh cycle is hard brah.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-08-27 21:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy, but strenuous on your time resources.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2010-08-27 21:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Bubbly said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Hopefully they won't gimp it like that, annoying enough doing refresh cycles without them shortening the duration.
When SE gives us something nice, there is always a price to pay. ;;
$10

Dasva made me laugh hard. Now my wife is looking at me funny....
 Sylph.Reaplife
Server: Sylph
user: Chaossoul
By Sylph.Reaplife 2010-08-27 21:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

For this spell, I'm personally hoping for a 60-80 MP cost, same duration, higher return refresh, maybe 5-6/tic. Self target would make me smile on the inside yet being party target-able would be nice as well. Accession is doubtful, but I'm used to keeping refresh/haste cycles w/o Accession so it doesn't really matter (that said, would be nice for the times when refresh 5-6 people). We won't know until it comes out, so it is all speculation until then.

Oh well, w/ a potency increase JA, Refresh II, Aero IV, Gain-MND/VIT, and Addle (curious about this one) I'm very pleased about the update. Going to be excited to see how SE lets RDM utilize these.

tl;dr Just wait for release to see what happens.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-08-27 22:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
brd still pwnz yall in refreshing :P
Perhaps, but outside of buffing, they are useless. It's all about combination, and Red Mage does it best.

Solo - Check
Party - Check

and so on..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7