Refresh II - Hurrah!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Refresh II - Hurrah!
Refresh II - Hurrah!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-27 11:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully they won't gimp it like that, annoying enough doing refresh cycles without them shortening the duration.
By Bubbly 2010-08-27 12:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Hopefully they won't gimp it like that, annoying enough doing refresh cycles without them shortening the duration.

When SE gives us something nice, there is always a price to pay. ;;
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 12:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bubbly said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
When SE gives us something nice, there is always a price to pay. ;;
$10
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-27 12:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd take 80MP cost over shorter duration honestly, even if the mp time/restore ratio is the same, not having to cast sooner is a + in my books
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-27 12:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

damn 80 mp cost will be a *** to cast specially for those lazy rdms that dont have /sch lvled up
 Caitsith.Faythful
Server: Caitsith
user: Faythful
By Caitsith.Faythful 2010-08-27 12:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

now if only they hadn't made all NM's 12-100% movement speed, + gravity and bind immunities and some stun immunities. lol
[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-08-27 12:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mikania said:
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
...BUT wtf's with other people getting enspells. I (and I assume most of you) have been waiting fro en-dark/light and what the hell do they do and give it too pld/drk really?!?!?...

I wouldn't worry too much about it. With their crappy enhancing magic skill, it's going to do what? 10-15 damage at most, and likely be resisted. Better off forcing someone to /dnc and use haste samba.

Dark's don't have enhancing, so it wont be based on that, and if it is as I said Dark Magic based, they'd be better than out B+ skill in Enhancing. :(
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2010-08-27 12:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Be funny if en-dark was based on dark magic, and enlight on divine for those jobs ;)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 12:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Faythful said:
now if only they hadn't made all NM's 12-100% movement speed, + gravity and bind immunities and some stun immunities. lol
This pisses me off so much. Especially when its a lvl like 10 mob that I can't ES sleep/bind/grav. But I can land those on byakko without ES!?!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-08-27 12:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Valmur said:
Be funny if en-dark was based on dark magic, and enlight on divine for those jobs ;)
Why would that be funny? Sounds pretty logical to me...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-08-27 12:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Cerberus.Valmur said:
Why would that be funny? Sounds pretty logical to me...

It didn't really dawn on me enlight and endark to be divine and dark magic respectively. Auspice is enhancing and also gives (a crappy) enlight for whms.
 Gilgamesh.Yukichibi
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Yukichibi
By Gilgamesh.Yukichibi 2010-08-27 12:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Maybe it ll be self target only, others can now refresh themselves. XD
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 12:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Yukichibi said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Maybe it ll be self target only, others can now refresh themselves. XD
Perhaps. But SE dislikes making rdm a better soloer. They are much more fine with letting them be better in pt
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2010-08-27 12:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
<snip> Also all those mage jobs that are coming /rdm? Yeah, you'll have to refresh them too.

<cough>

Refresh 2 self-target only (I wish at least...)

</cough>

it will be just like Phalanx, but then its work with Accession. It will work with Accession unless they banned us to use it with Accession so they cant make us being a refresh *** ;)
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2010-08-27 12:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's self target it's mp cost will be 50~75 and if not i think 80~
By Bubbly 2010-08-27 12:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration said:
Odin.Blazza said:
<snip> Also all those mage jobs that are coming /rdm? Yeah, you'll have to refresh them too.

<cough>

Refresh 2 self-target only (I wish at least...)

</cough>

it will be just like Phalanx, but then its work with Accession. It will work with Accession unless they banned us to use it with Accession so they cant make us being a refresh *** ;)

lol It will be nothing like Phalanx. It'll probably be like normal Refresh. And I'm somewhat sure that as /SCH, RDM can do Refreshga so we'll most likely get Refreshga II as /SCH.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 12:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

idk can't AOE phalanx II... or even baramnesia!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mikania
user: Mikania
By Quetzalcoatl.Mikania 2010-08-27 12:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Accession generally doesn't work on spells SCH doesn't get natively or by Subjob. A few annoying exceptions are reraise, raise, and haste. A few noteable allowance of accession I tried last week with (whm/sch)Accession Regen III, it works so it was pretty easy to assume SCH will get it natively. Then sadly, Accession Cure V doesn't work, either means SE would think this is too broken and/or SCH won't get it natively >.<

Q.E.D: It's pretty safe to say Rdm/sch won't be able to accession refresh II.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2010-08-27 13:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

That logi

Accession generally doesn't work on spells SCH doesn't get natively or by Subjob. A few annoying exceptions are reraise, raise, and haste. A few noteable allowance of accession I tried last week with (whm/sch)Accession Regen III, it works so it was pretty easy to assume SCH will get it natively. Then sadly, Accession Cure V doesn't work, either means SE would think this is too broken and/or SCH won't get it natively >.<

Your logic is incorrect you are comparing spells that are completely different to each other. Sch does not get refresh but it can be accessioned. For refresh 1 you have to hit at least 4 people that benefit from refresh with accession refresh for it to be worth the mp cost and loss of a charge, 3 to brake even which is a waste of a charge. I would love for refresh II to be self target only and not accessionable, but most likely it will be party target and work with accession. God help us if they make it alliance target, people from all over the alliance bitching they don't have refresh.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-27 13:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The rules of AOEing spells is simple.

Whatever the *** SE wants to do. Simple
[+]
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-08-27 13:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
That logi

Your logic is incorrect you are comparing spells that are completely different to each other. Sch does not get refresh but it can be accessioned. For refresh 1 you have to hit at least 4 people that benefit from refresh with accession refresh for it to be worth the mp cost and loss of a charge, 3 to brake even which is a waste of a charge. I would love for refresh II to be self target only and not accessionable, but most likely it will be party target and work with accession. God help us if they make it alliance target, people from all over the alliance bitching they don't have refresh.

They did say subjob-able, which Refresh was always going to be, and will be come September.

Other than Refresh, anything Scholar doesn't, or wont get come level 99, has been blocked.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-08-27 15:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

they eventually will add gravity2 it's on altana viewer
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2010-08-27 16:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My thoughts on Refresh II are as followed.

I'll worry about the side effects when it's out. For now, this is enough~
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-08-27 16:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Hoping for at least 5/tick refresh, all we need now is a higher tier cure soon, curing PLDs/MNKs is painful.
Why are RDMs healing over WHMs anyway?
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-08-27 16:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kyamiiux said:
Was looking up info for Addle in other FF games. From what I found it first appeared in FFTactics Advanced. Addle prevented enemies from using certain abilities.

Please tell me this is amnesia. :D

Here's my prediction. The word Addle means to confuse another person. If anyone here has played any of the single player Final Fantasies and have seen what Confuse has done, I have a feeling this is what we have to look forward to.

Nothing better than watching a mob kick its own ***.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-27 16:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said:
Ramuh.Kyamiiux said:
Was looking up info for Addle in other FF games. From what I found it first appeared in FFTactics Advanced. Addle prevented enemies from using certain abilities.

Please tell me this is amnesia. :D

Here's my prediction. The word Addle means to confuse another person. If anyone here has played any of the single player Final Fantasies and have seen what Confuse has done, I have a feeling this is what we have to look forward to.

Nothing better than watching a mob kick its own ***.
I believe it's safe to assume this will never happen. There's just so many game mechanics it would conflict with. Same with the typical form of Berserk, where you can only autoattack and can't disengage, use abilities, or move. It's just not going to happen because this isn't a single-player game.
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-27 17:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like Rdm and Blm come out as the winners in this new update for new stuff. Gain-MND sounds like an interesting spell.

Oh and I think it's funny how Rdm's are getting Refresh2 and some of them find a way to *** about it. If you leveled Rdm up to 75 or higher and don't like to refresh people then maybe quit Rdm and level another job? After all you've had almost 40 levels of doing it. Should be used to it by now. If you've done enough endgame and pty's it becomes subconscious.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-27 17:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

lol tell us something we didnt already know was coming.... thats all ill say,....

"well make RDM be an RDM" or something along those lines.. other jobs having refresh wasnt gna say that so.. oh look refresh2..

oh yeh.. we knew that

be original SE
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-27 17:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
lol tell us something we didnt already know was coming.... thats all ill say,....

"well make RDM be an RDM" or something along those lines.. other jobs having refresh wasnt gna say that so.. oh look refresh2..

oh yeh.. we knew that

be original SE

For someone who has RDM leveled we're in <3 with SE for making an RDM an RDM. Fresh2 = Rdm even more incredible solo. Best possible thing SE could have given an RDM is a way to increase our mp restored per tic.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-27 17:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

brd still pwnz yall in refreshing :P
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7