Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Armour Trial of the magians
Armour Trial of the magians
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-08-20 15:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

From the latest FFXI update teasers we getting some job-spec armor to trial up, what kinda stats you think we'll get and how much of em?

Also do you think they'll add Armour trials to older equipment such as homam etc.?

Your thoughts
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-20 15:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It is probably going to be something very HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE like get killed by Kirin's Deadly Hold 3 times while the armor is equipped.

This will get you DEF: +3
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 15:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
From the latest FFXI update teasers we getting some job-spec armor to trial up, what kinda stats you think we'll get and how much of em?

Also do you think they'll add Armour trials to older equipment such as homam etc.?

Your thoughts

Hopefully not. Homam I don't mind, but if they leave HNM gear as is it would dry up the monopolies on each server significantly. Competitive play in an MMO (aside PvP obviously) is frustrating.
As for Af3, I'd expect the usual enhances JA, skill +15 stuff. Should be interesting.
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-08-20 15:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually expecting AF3 to be customized as the new job-specific custom armor. I don't think any of the old armors will be adjusted but as Darkana said, I think they should.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-08-20 15:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesnt it say.. new gear from abbysea ? >.> I dont think any of the homam/salvage and other stuff will get updated.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 15:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping sch gets an ebullience boost piece....but thats more AF3 i guess and me dreaming... lol
 Lakshmi.Ricco
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-08-20 15:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Doesnt it say.. new gear from abbysea ? >.> I dont think any of the homam/salvage and other stuff will get updated.

I agree with you wishful thinking of people imo... This would be why atm I'm not doing any endgame until I know at least what lvl 90 gear is gonna bring. The only weapons we have been able to upgrade through ToM that you didnt pick from the chest were Mythic/Relic I think mainly because it took people many years to obtain them.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 15:27:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Yes it does. People are still hoping though
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-20 15:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

by how the notice is making it sound, probably only magian armor we'll see this update is the af3 stuff (since they only mentioned job specific) i hope you don't need af2 to upgrade into it or something cause i still no have super pimp hat ; ;
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-20 15:30:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If this is exclusively for "AF3" armor... that means no gear storage.

Dear SE,

Can we have like 2 more Mog Satchels?

Thanks,
The entire FFXI community.
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-08-20 15:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Dear SE,

Thanks,

don't worry! they'll let us store the gear sets... in an update 1-2 years from now >.>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ricco
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-08-20 15:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

Dear SE,

Thanks,

don't worry! they'll let us store the gear sets... in an update 1-2 years from now >.>

lol yeah! This is why I have to keep selling my abyssea sets.... too many damn jobs D: but hey its making me some decent gil in the long run roughly 420k cruor = a mil if you npc the gear :P

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-20 15:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

*** you very much SE for crushing my hopes and dreams of one day obtaining the rest of the Homam Gear I need and enjoy upgrading it through TotM, as well as anything else that comes from timed endgame. SE said we would be able to do this so that it would still be competitive with the new Abyssea gears. WHERE IS IT?!

*** you very much SE for telling me my time doing everything else was a waste and how you think spoonfeeding us gear is going to be more enjoyable than collecting various gear on our own. *** Perle *** Perle *** Perle *** Perle oh so very much. *** Aurore and its goddamn pinkness.

*** you very much SE for being awfully predictable. I will thank them for one thing, though:

Not keeping promises. -_-
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-08-20 15:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
SE said:
Along with the all-new armor trials

With this picture being next to that:

IDK about y'all but I've always seen the SS as an absolute of what is going to be released, so if SE puts usu in a SS then that means it is still the best in game and/or there is trials for that specific set.

so sams are supposed to tp in full usu now?
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 15:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
*** you very much SE for crushing my hopes and dreams of one day obtaining the rest of the Homam Gear I need and enjoy upgrading it through TotM, as well as anything else that comes from timed endgame.

*** you very much SE for telling me my time doing everything else was a waste and how you think spoonfeeding us gear is going to be more enjoyable than collecting various gear on our own.

*** you very much SE for being awfully predictable. I will thank them for one thing, though:

When did SE ever say you could upgrade old armor (or are going to be able to upgrade old armor)? I read all of the fanfest crap and I'm pretty sure its not in there at all for the timeline...
[+]
 Caitsith.Linear
Server: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-08-20 15:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SquareEnix said:
The Marvelous Magian Spectacles

Is there anything these stylish and practical specs can't do? With the next version update, the tome summoned forth by this item will provide you with a two-day weather forecast for your current area.
This made me say, "Yay!"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-08-20 15:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope COR AF3 looks awesome.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 15:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
SE said:
Along with the all-new armor trials

With this picture being next to that:

IDK about y'all but I've always seen the SS as an absolute of what is going to be released, so if SE puts usu in a SS then that means it is still the best in game and/or there is trials for that specific set.
Did you check the page itself? That's listed under "Additional weapon trials", meaning they're upgrading Masamune.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 15:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Quote:
When did SE ever say you could upgrade old armor (or are going to be able to upgrade old armor)? I read all of the fanfest crap and I'm pretty sure its not in there at all for the timeline...

Was in a wiki interview, also "Trial of the magians addition" would count toward that ... since it would be a trial of the magians?

Well plz give us a link, because I dont remember SE saying you can upgrade older armors (weapons yes, see: Relic and Mythics)
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-20 15:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
*** you very much SE for crushing my hopes and dreams of one day obtaining the rest of the Homam Gear I need and enjoy upgrading it through TotM, as well as anything else that comes from timed endgame.

*** you very much SE for telling me my time doing everything else was a waste and how you think spoonfeeding us gear is going to be more enjoyable than collecting various gear on our own.

Read that Developer Q&A on the wiki about Trial of the Magians if you haven't yet. They mentioned that, while not all gear would follow into this (for instance AH gear), "players' most precious acquisitions" could be upgraded in the future to keep their value.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 15:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Players most precious acquisitions...i knew that was the phrase that was ringing in my head..... that would mean RELIC AND MYTHIC WEAPONS.......wouldn't you think that would be a "most precious acquistion" as it takes years to acquire? doesn't even hint at armor...
[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-08-20 15:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Read that Developer Q&A on the wiki about Trial of the Magians if you haven't yet. They mentioned that, while not all gear would follow into this (for instance AH gear), "players' most precious acquisitions" could be upgraded in the future to keep their value.

They were probably referring to AF and AF2.
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-20 15:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I'm thinking the Armor trials will be like FoV sorta; You sign up for a mission/quest, then go out and complete it which will sorta be like weapon trials, but they get added up as points like FoV and you spend those points towards the armor piece you want to upgrade, where as some pieces cost more than others and so on.

i really doubt that.. I would bet its going to be just like the weapon trials
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-08-20 15:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Siren.Enternius said:
That's listed under "Additional weapon trials", meaning they're upgrading Masamune.
That's true, but SE has never released a SS with gear that had nothing to do with an update or w/e they were talking about.

well, it would look pretty odd if they posted screenshots of characters who are naked except for magian weapons.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-20 15:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Siren.Enternius said:
That's listed under "Additional weapon trials", meaning they're upgrading Masamune.
That's true, but SE has never released a SS with gear that had nothing to do with an update or w/e they were talking about.
I know what you mean, but that's not an absolute; There's a Qutrub in that picture too, does that mean there's going to be a Qutrub update?

I know it's an extreme point but just because there's something in the screenshot doesn't mean it's directly related.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5