[+]
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-08-20 15:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Siren.Enternius said:
That's listed under "Additional weapon trials", meaning they're upgrading Masamune.
That's true, but SE has never released a SS with gear that had nothing to do with an update or w/e they were talking about.

Ya like when they showcase players doing missions and partying in full AF.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-20 15:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically speaking, RDM relic hat for some people takes years for it to drop for them. Why does it always have to be the money grind being the only value believed to be the highest?
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 16:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And you could also go 1/1 on your first Xar, after 1 month of dyna.... your point? You can't attain hundreds of millions of gil (unless you spent mass money irl to buy gil, which I'm not condoning btw) or do all of the mythic quests (if you chose that weapon) in that little time..they were designed to take years to attain...

edit: they take years to attain, thus making it a solid goal you set and see on the horizon and do just about everything you can to reach said goal...making them prized possessions

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2010-08-20 16:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I do honestly believe that there will be upgrades for armor we already have, but I am curious as to what upgrades there will be for this new armor they're releasing... Also, what trials would there be for it? Same as the stuff now where it's a mixture, or just flat out obtain mats. Or get hit by certain TP moves with this armor equipped... I'm pretty excited tbh!
 Ragnarok.Xellana
Server: Ragnarok
user: Xellana
By Ragnarok.Xellana 2010-08-20 16:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Everything wrong with a THF TPing in full AF.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 16:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well in all honesty, what "old armors" would you like to see upgraded? (somebody said homam and haidate). But what could you possibly add to those armors that wouldnt make them utterly broken and unbalanced? ANYTHING you add to B Haidate will just make it that much more absurd... Its already the best leg armor for those jobs and has been for many many years(inb4 new subligar for nin/mnk with haste+6...gtfo lol)
 Valefor.Woodman
Server: Valefor
user: Woodman
By Valefor.Woodman 2010-08-20 16:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly I see all end game gear having the quest. Sky/Kings/Ein (all uncursed armor). Limbus armor, and Salvage Armor maybe Nyzl, Znm, and AF2. The whole point of the upgrades is to keep the old 75 gear competitive with the new stuff coming out due to cap increases. Just like the current trials there will probably be some "Blank" armor that can be customized as well.

Just wait and see... most will enjoy it, and the same butt-hurt people that are pissed about every update will still be butt-hurt. It's just a game.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-08-20 16:21:20
Link | Quote | Reply

"To this point, Trial of the Magians has focused on the enhancement of weapons. New trials to be introduced in the coming version update, however, will be centered on a new series of armor that will be obtainable in Abyssea. A unique set will exist for each job, and when augmented through trials, their powers will truly be a sight to behold!"
As of now it does't look like u will be augment any of your armor you have now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-20 16:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
And you could also go 1/1 on your first Xar, after 1 month of dyna.... your point? You can't attain hundreds of millions of gil (unless you spent mass money irl to buy gil, which I'm not condoning btw) or do all of the mythic quests (if you chose that weapon) in that little time..they were designed to take years to attain...

edit: they take years to attain, thus making it a solid goal you set and see on the horizon and do just about everything you can to reach said goal...making them prized possessions

My point is, time is also a measure of value. And SE has to realize that not everyone can obtain gear such as relics and mythics, barely able to have time and money to do most of the events in store. I've spent 2 years searching to find a successful and manageable Limbus group with all the disagreements and membership issues I've had to deal with to find such a group. It would have been worse if I had a full-time IRL job, because of missed events and absences. And now at this point I may have found such a group, only to find my dream is going to inevitably be crushed and nailed to the coffin. I still keep going hoping we get something to show for our effort in the Abyssea era. That's why we should be able to upgrade our old gear and not see it rot and collect dust.

And don't tell me "that's your own fault for not committing to it so you would have it by now," Or "/violin" because you're out of your mind if you think stuff like this doesn't happen around us, even if you're not there to see it. And mind you, I've been alright with abyssea so far. However, I'm not very happy with SE thinking Abyssea will be the only thing worth doing from now on.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 16:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
Nothing wrong with a THF TPing in full AF.
This is why they don't let thfs DD
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 16:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:

My point is, time is also a measure of value. And SE has to realize that not everyone can obtain gear such as relics and mythics, barely able to have time and money to do most of the events in store. I've spent 2 years searching to find a successful and manageable Limbus group with all the disagreements and membership issues I've had to deal with to find such a group. It would have been worse if I had a full-time IRL job, because of missed events and absences. And now at this point I may have found such a group, only to find my dream is going to inevitably be crushed and nailed to the coffin. I still keep going hoping we get something to show for our effort in the Abyssea era. That's why we should be able to upgrade our old gear and not see it rot and collect dust.

And don't tell me "that's your own fault for not committing to it so you would have it by now," Or "/violin" because you're out of your mind if you think stuff like this doesn't happen around us, even if you're not there to see it. And mind you, I've been alright with abyssea so far. However, I'm not very happy with SE thinking Abyssea will be the only thing worth doing from now on.

Like you said time is a measure...Relics take far longer than any of those items by design...And I feel your pain. I've run into the same exact problems on my server with end-game events. Still doesn't take away from the fact that those things were designed with quickness and ease of obtaining gear in mind (you can get a full omega pop in what.. 2 weeks or so?).

Also:
Valefor.Woodman said:
The whole point of the upgrades is to keep the old 75 gear competitive with the new stuff coming out due to cap increases.

What...? The ONLY old 75 gear that was upgradeable was Mythic/Relic... Most other weapons were squashed in usefulness by ToM weapons...
 Lakshmi.Ricco
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-08-20 16:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Well in all honesty, what "old armors" would you like to see upgraded? (somebody said homam and haidate). But what could you possibly add to those armors that wouldnt make them utterly broken and unbalanced? ANYTHING you add to B Haidate will just make it that much more absurd... Its already the best leg armor for those jobs and has been for many many years(inb4 new subligar for nin/mnk with haste+6...gtfo lol)

agree with you I still dont see BH being replaced unless they bring in something to utterly crush it and even then i could see it being at the very least a WS piece esp with Nin for jin or those lucky nins who have relic :P
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2010-08-20 16:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

With inventory being so scarce I hope this new abyssea gear nerfs abj, homo/nash, osode, salvage and especially the garbage from znms.
AF1 and AF2 as well. I've had rdm at 75 and fully merited longer then most people I know have had one job to 75, still no hat.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 16:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is going to beat refresh and 15 enfeeble skill for rdm on the same piece with (I believe) +mnd for potency....seriously lol
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 17:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Nothing is going to beat refresh and 15 enfeeble skill for rdm on the same piece with (I believe) +mnd for potency....seriously lol
Only on HQ. And what if there was a peice with 2 refresh? Or 30 skill? Or 20 mnd?
[+]
 Asura.Shiroineko
Server: Asura
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-08-20 17:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

yknow they say "job specific armor from abyssea..."

.....but i'm really hoping that AF2+1 pieces get some love. i would adore getting some magian trials for those pieces that are only for the white box. make them worth the money of upgrading them!
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-20 17:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-08-20 17:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lol nice pic Chaos
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-08-20 17:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

lol.

But i seriously hope that we're not gonna have 1 set of equip from Abyssea that we have to completely trial up for each job. I'm hoping that either this update or the December one that they make all Sea, Limbus, Sky, HNM (uncursed) etc. items trial-able.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 17:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Wouldn't say no to dark/enhancing skill on Af3 hat to be honest. Doesn't need to be enfeeb/fresh
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-20 17:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, lol! But I really do hope they let you augment Homam, I just got my first piece last week and a half ago finally!
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-08-20 17:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If only you could add Magic. Acc to a RDM AFv2 hat it'd be godly
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-20 17:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Like you said time is a measure...Relics take far longer than any of those items by design...And I feel your pain. I've run into the same exact problems on my server with end-game events. Still doesn't take away from the fact that those things were designed with quickness and ease of obtaining gear in mind (you can get a full omega pop in what.. 2 weeks or so?).
first off, thank you for understanding my plight. I appreciate it when people do that.

Secondly, I'm not seeing too much of the time portion of it. Sure, it takes time to gather money, but you could easily buy all the dynamis currency you want in a matter of days with enough funds gathered from selling HNM drops over a period of months at the drop of a hat. On my server, Im assuming Exodus (formerly from Remora) was able to do this once or twice. Half of a mythic is buying alexandrite, where you could also drop millions on it. However, the limited supply created makes it unrealistic to think this way for Mythics anyway.

Third, I'm not entirely sure SE was initially thinking you could even attempt to low-man Limbus at all. As far as I understand, the playerbase ended up developing strategies for that with proper skill.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-20 17:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:

WHY THE *** IS SE NOT *** DOING THIS?!

SEND THAT ***TO SE!
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-20 17:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:

WHY THE *** IS SE NOT *** DOING THIS?!

SEND THAT ***TO SE!
Seriously that's all they need to do for this gear. Nothing insane just bump up the stats a little to compete with w/e new gear comes out.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-20 17:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

See, I wasn't sure if the mnd+ was on HQ or both lol since most AF2 >> AF2+1 don't add entirely new stats that aren't on NQ AF2 just minor bonuses to what is already there which is lame (inb4 AF2 drg body adding 2% haste, ya i know i know) and ya I guess some enhancing or dark would be nice for rdm head...true..true but as far as sheer multi tasking I don't think AF2 NQ or HQ will be beat, as it serves function for rdm's main use (great enfeebs) and it ALSO refreshes...that's what I was getting at. Sorry if that was unclear.

Edit: HNM drops are not THAT expensive to just get 100's of millions of gil "in the drop of a hat" by selling HNM drops...Yes herald's are expensive (but rare), and I guess you could sell abjs....but isn't that against ToS to sell r/ex stuff anyways? And the mythic end of this... 30,000 Alex pieces to START (let alone the months of quests to do and ZNM) with 3k per piece (min really on my server, seen up to 4.5k per piece)... 30,000 x 3k = 30,000,000 ya? Pretty heafty price tag if you ask me....Hence why it would take forever to do (unless you find somebody who's willing to buy heralds for ungodly gil and have your LS give you full profits while ripping off the other members who work hard to help with said HNMs...)
 Asura.Shiroineko
By Asura.Shiroineko 2010-08-20 17:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

apparently noone else thinks that the pretty-much-useless-to-upgrade AF2+1 is worth magian-ing >.>