Link | Quote | Reply

That's why you use macros. AF2 for Enfeebs/Idle, AF1 for buffs/cures/nukes etc
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-20 17:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My understanding of the original reason for TotM was to not let the gear we all have earned and love fall to complete worthlessness. Rather than preserve anything TotM has done nothing but replace everything short of relics and mythics.

If TotM for armor follows this same path then we're going to have to kill thousands of mobs during weather for every slot we have, probably more than once for some slots depending on if they make 16 *** different types of gear like they did with the staves.

I by no means expect the gear I have to last till 99, it just won't. I don't want it to be, I like new and better gear but the means to get this magian stuff is far too repetitive. I just hope they quit it with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE kill shot styles. Make it so that a group can go and do the trial and everyone benefits rather than making it so that a whm has to solo EP mobs and kill ***with banish to make a staff for healing... How does that even remotely make sense? Why don't they have a trial where you heal something? At least that would be logical.

I still wouldn't mind if they upgrade armor types like salvage, limbus and such. To me better is better regardless and I'm gunna want it... ; ;
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-08-20 17:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
See, I wasn't sure if the mnd+ was on HQ or both lol since most AF2 >> AF2+1 don't add entirely new stats that aren't on NQ AF2 just minor bonuses to what is already there which is lame (inb4 AF2 drg body adding 2% haste, ya i know i know) and ya I guess some enhancing or dark would be nice for rdm head...true..true but as far as sheer multi tasking I don't think AF2 NQ or HQ will be beat, as it serves function for rdm's main use (great enfeebs) and it ALSO refreshes...that's what I was getting at. Sorry if that was unclear.

Edit: HNM drops are not THAT expensive to just get 100's of millions of gil "in the drop of a hat" by selling HNM drops...Yes herald's are expensive (but rare), and I guess you could sell abjs....but isn't that against ToS to sell r/ex stuff anyways? And the mythic end of this... 30,000 Alex pieces to START (let alone the months of quests to do and ZNM) with 3k per piece (min really on my server, seen up to 4.5k per piece)... 30,000 x 3k = 30,000,000 ya? Pretty heafty price tag if you ask me....Hence why it would take forever to do (unless you find somebody who's willing to buy heralds for ungodly gil and have your LS give you full profits while ripping off the other members who work hard to help with said HNMs...)

I don't think selling Ex gear is against the tos. I recall in that survey about "how do you make your gil" something along that line was on the choices.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-20 18:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Edit: HNM drops are not THAT expensive to just get 100's of millions of gil "in the drop of a hat" by selling HNM drops...Yes herald's are expensive (but rare), and I guess you could sell abjs....but isn't that against ToS to sell r/ex stuff anyways? And the mythic end of this... 30,000 Alex pieces to START (let alone the months of quests to do and ZNM) with 3k per piece (min really on my server, seen up to 4.5k per piece)... 30,000 x 3k = 30,000,000 ya? Pretty heafty price tag if you ask me....Hence why it would take forever to do (unless you find somebody who's willing to buy heralds for ungodly gil and have your LS give you full profits while ripping off the other members who work hard to help with said HNMs...)

I've heard of Linkshells able to get consecutive claims on kings and whatnot (botting or otherwise) and place a substantial monopoly on them to fund for relics and mythics. Also, it's not against the ToS to sell Rare/EX items since it's a Gil-To-Player Transaction with no real money involved. Also, I would think these shells would have everything from the specific HNM in question in order to sell it. Otherwise, yeah, that would be unfair for people to buy items members do need. As for the profits, it's either split among the members or put to fund something.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2010-08-20 18:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Selling items to players for in-game gil isnt against any rules, only illegal when real money etc. is involved
[+]
 Bahamut.Paulus
Server: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2010-08-20 20:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry not grinding ToTM to death. Screw that. SE keep your RDM AFV3. I will not be buying Scars of Abyssea unless there is something so totally epic that I have to get it. I'm not seeing it here.
 Asura.Floorboss
Server: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2010-08-20 20:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They should add npc that sell weapon items at a price for the weapon moogle but what I care if this update is not good then im gone for ffxi for good. I got enough games to play online thats free v paying to shout for salvage or endgame and be screwed out of gear or items, maybe I need to become a rmt and be hated to obtain gear.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-20 20:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Selling items to players for in-game gil isnt against any rules, only illegal when real money etc. is involved

monopolizing notorious monsters is, which some endgame linkshells still do, even though they dont need the gear and only do it to sell the r/e items to other players willing to pay those crazy amounts

[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-20 21:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
My understanding of the original reason for TotM was to not let the gear we all have earned and love fall to complete worthlessness. Rather than preserve anything TotM has done nothing but replace everything short of relics and mythics. If TotM for armor follows this same path then we're going to have to kill thousands of mobs during weather for every slot we have, probably more than once for some slots depending on if they make 16 *** different types of gear like they did with the staves. I by no means expect the gear I have to last till 99, it just won't. I don't want it to be, I like new and better gear but the means to get this magian stuff is far too repetitive. I just hope they quit it with the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE kill shot styles. Make it so that a group can go and do the trial and everyone benefits rather than making it so that a whm has to solo EP mobs and kill ***with banish to make a staff for healing... How does that even remotely make sense? Why don't they have a trial where you heal something? At least that would be logical. I still wouldn't mind if they upgrade armor types like salvage, limbus and such. To me better is better regardless and I'm gunna want it... ; ;

This has some good points for sure im 5/8 elemental magian staff and its head *** tbh 5/8 and I barely fit it in before they will perhaps release extensions to these too.

My main gripe though was regarding lack of existing gear in magian trials. I was talking to my dual relic pld friend telling him no matter what excal and aegis situtationally will always be best 2 pieces you could want for pld and no doubt aegis will get trials to allow higher lvl shields to beat the original aegis somewhat but not an augmented one. Whereas for me last 4-5 yrs of playing I spent my gil on cerb+1, dgloves+1, speed belt, hachi pants, hauby+1, btathlum, toreadors etc tons more ***but NOT a relic. I know everything inevitably drops in price im not rly butt hurt as such. But imo anyone who didnt quite want to tackle the hurdle of getting a relic but was quite wealthy and hq'd all their other slots is getting *** over tbh.

4 years of salvage and no body still lol 4/5 usu need 35 body and waiting macha coat ages too, despite not having either I really badly want these to be best piece at 99 tbh through some exciting trials somehow.

Surely they cant make large sections of endgame redundant, surely some of limbus/sea/sky/salvage/dyna gear will become magian'able.

If I was that bothered by price declines I probably would of sold some of my stuff but I havent, still am curious how the pieces I mentioned above will fair on their way to 99.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-08-20 23:34:19
Link | Quote | Reply

My only hope is if SE is going to make it so af3 isn't good until you go tho all the magian trials that the af3 itself (the base armor of it) isn't as hard to get as the relic armor (aka doesn't have a realy bad drop rate). I also hope that in scars of abyssea will they will increase the max time just alittle bit more if they make rates suck (like a max time of 150min insead of 120min).
Server: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-08-21 04:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
See, I wasn't sure if the mnd+ was on HQ or both lol since most AF2 >> AF2+1 don't add entirely new stats that aren't on NQ AF2 just minor bonuses to what is already there which is lame (inb4 AF2 drg body adding 2% haste, ya i know i know) and ya I guess some enhancing or dark would be nice for rdm head...true..true but as far as sheer multi tasking I don't think AF2 NQ or HQ will be beat, as it serves function for rdm's main use (great enfeebs) and it ALSO refreshes...that's what I was getting at. Sorry if that was unclear.

Your math is suspect.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-21 05:15:31
Link | Quote | Reply

LOLs bad typo.... 90m only further proves my point though lol
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-08-21 06:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate ToM with passion.

When it was released I spent 1 week nonstop killing NM's and VNM's for the katana trial. Once I finally got the final Mozu (lv 75), it felt great. Just to see that after abyssea was released I have to kill more VNM's, not to speak of collecting rare/ex items from the NM's in abyssea.

I havent even started to work on off hand katana yet.

I can only imagine how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE it all will be to Kill 40 million mobs during weather, or having to kill NM's that takes an alliance to be able to kill, all this for every piece of gear.

However, even if they havent said so, I do believe that lv 75 rare/ex gear will be augmentable in the future. What else are we gonna do? Spend a few cruor on abyssea gear that can be augmented and end up tossing every piece of rare/ex 75 gear because of lack of inventory?
 Diabolos.Sephirothforbes
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Sephirothforbes 2010-08-21 10:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Woodman said:
Honestly I see all end game gear having the quest. Sky/Kings/Ein (all uncursed armor). Limbus armor, and Salvage Armor maybe Nyzl, Znm, and AF2. The whole point of the upgrades is to keep the old 75 gear competitive with the new stuff coming out due to cap increases. Just like the current trials there will probably be some "Blank" armor that can be customized as well. Just wait and see... most will enjoy it, and the same butt-hurt people that are pissed about every update will still be butt-hurt. It's just a game.

I Agree with ya..
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-21 10:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Zanno said:
However, even if they havent said so, I do believe that lv 75 rare/ex gear will be augmentable in the future. What else are we gonna do? Spend a few cruor on abyssea gear that can be augmented and end up tossing every piece of rare/ex 75 gear because of lack of inventory?
This is exactly my mindset on the situation.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-21 12:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Think they might let you augment sea torques?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2010-08-21 13:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It cracks me up how people get worked up over this on the "what if" thing. "*** this and that. Screw you SE for giving me the choice on paying for a game that's nof (insert name here) Fantasy." There is only speculation on how it will work and what it will work on... why so upset already?

Personally I will be Pissed if they upgrade BH without giving DRK something comparable. MNK/SAM/NIN/WAR end game gear is way mor powerful than DRK for the most part and any one of those dds who only ah can easily out perform ah DRK short of once every 2hrs.

Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-21 15:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

bumping for others to see since this is the more 'general' one.
Fenrir.Luarania said:
I'm thinking it will follow the way current trials are. One path with massive defense, and an elemental path with stat / other bonuses, and thats all I can think of for now... Maybe a few special paths with traits like Absorbs physical/magical damage or conserves mp/tp stuff like that, can also see a HP/MP combination piece somewhere.
What I put in the other thread~
Also edited it a bit
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-21 15:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're right though Luar...then you can have 5/5 (if they just make visible armor augmentable.. head/body/hands/legs/feet) you will end up with a MASSIVE str build that might be a lil too powerful, no?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-08-21 15:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Think they might let you augment sea torques?
Funny you should say that cuz you got all Sea Torques lawl.
Not all, still missing Fort, Justice and Faith :) But I do have the 3 capes.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Luarania
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-21 15:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
If you're right though Luar...then you can have 5/5 (if they just make visible armor augmentable.. head/body/hands/legs/feet) you will end up with a MASSIVE str build that might be a lil too powerful, no?
Touche~ Though it could be a fairly low amount for starters, maybe to 3-5 on a piece? Thats not to bad considering the armor we have around now, also thinking ahead to what we may get might shadow what we have now.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-21 15:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm personally hoping that "blank" armors (as some like to refer to it as) will eventually magian trial up to the AF3 if they aren't just dropped in abyssea expansions... for various personal reasons lol
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-22 03:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason SE is never going to let you upgrade salvage or abjuration gear (the only option is now the december update for this) is that they don't want the endgame players that quit for FF14 to come back to FF11. There is a reason they are stopping the FF11 cost reduction past january. That will be the point where FF11 gear is set into a stone. If they allow salvage into magian trials at this point those players will probably be tempted to quit FF14 to upgrade their FF11 char because their FF14 content will still be low (level cap 30 or similar). Unlike october~december, playing both games will cost them much more.

Also a big lol at the poster mentionning the massive amount of gil generated by hnmls. Even if you sell an item 40M lol, it is a bad ratio time/gil. Just factor the ratio gil/number of players then time to camp vs reward, the droprate, and finally the fact that not many people are going to buy that expensive. In the end the good old 100k/h farming is much better because you know, the 40m are not going to you.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-22 04:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
I only opened this thread again because I wanted to lol at Penischan. I have found what I sought, and I bid you all a good night.

lulz
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-08-22 12:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
The reason SE is never going to let you upgrade salvage or abjuration gear (the only option is now the december update for this) is that they don't want the endgame players that quit for FF14 to come back to FF11. There is a reason they are stopping the FF11 cost reduction past january. That will be the point where FF11 gear is set into a stone. If they allow salvage into magian trials at this point those players will probably be tempted to quit FF14 to upgrade their FF11 char because their FF14 content will still be low (level cap 30 or similar). Unlike october~december, playing both games will cost them much more.

You realize FF14 will be a big, unbalanced disappointment by the time it comes out in retail, right?
Quote:
Also a big lol at the poster mentionning the massive amount of gil generated by hnmls. Even if you sell an item 40M lol, it is a bad ratio time/gil. Just factor the ratio gil/number of players then time to camp vs reward, the droprate, and finally the fact that not many people are going to buy that expensive. In the end the good old 100k/h farming is much better because you know, the 40m are not going to you.

After talking with my buddy who used to be in Exo, I'm gonna go over here and laugh in the sidelines now.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-08-23 03:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

After talking with my buddy who used to be in Exo, I'm gonna go over here and laugh in the sidelines now.
That's probably what they say when they need idiots to pop at camp. Let say you sell e bodies with monopoly on Fafnir and nidhogg. You will kill at least 5 nq for 1 hq and e body drops 25% pf the time. Let's assume you kill it with 6. It takes 5*4=20 days to get an ebody and i'm being optimist on nidhogg pop rate. Let say you have a buyer for 40m. 40m split between 20 days camping 2hours a day and between 6 players averages to 40m/240=166k an hour *when you have* a buyer. That s why you don't join hnmls when you want to build money.