Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Armour Trial of the magians
Armour Trial of the magians
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-23 03:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

166k an hour is pretty good for me, but then I was never good at making gil.
 Leviathan.Helix
Server: Leviathan
user: Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-08-23 13:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I read this wrong?

From Playonline website:

To this point, Trial of the Magians has focused on the enhancement of weapons. New trials to be introduced in the coming version update, however, will be centered on a new series of armor that will be obtainable in Abyssea. A unique set will exist for each job, and when augmented through trials, their powers will truly be a sight to behold!"

WTF! No mention of sky, salvage, dynamis gear...

What about the promised updates to existing end game gear?!

This is bullshat!!
 Fenrir.Luarania
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-23 13:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's SE... they can change their views. Let me remind you that PUP was suppose to get A+ in H2H...

It's not all that bad though, in some ways the gear through Magian Trials is better than other stuff before that. Just takes a crap load of work to get.

*Edit* Also what they consider endgame and what we consider endgame appears to differ, if you remember they said our favorite weapons would be upgradable and a fair amount of people thought of things like Joyeuse.

Considering that SE uses screenshots of Salvage gear there is a fairly good chance, eh I'd say 65% that it will be upgradable, but until we can access the .dat files there is no way to know for sure.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-23 14:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol is all I can say. I honestly never thought SE would let you upgrade old gear.
[+]
 Siren.Seth
Server: Siren
By Siren.Seth 2010-08-24 09:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We'll i might as well get in the mix. This is SE way of letting noobs do well in this game. =P
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-24 09:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Seth said:
We'll i might as well get in the mix. This is SE way of letting noobs do well in this game. =P
Eh, I wouldn't go that far. Certainly those that are more casual and don't do things such as endgame/extreme NM camping or whatever, providing that what we get at least matches that or is very slightly underpar of it. I certainly like this system much more than FoV augmentations, I haven't tried ANNM and done one weapon fight so I can't speak that much on them.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 09:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Helix said:
What about the promised updates to existing end game gear?!

This is bullshat!!

Pretty sure this was covered earlier in this exact thread by me....but plz provide proof they promised this...

Fenrir.Luarania said:
Considering that SE uses screenshots of Salvage gear there is a fairly good chance, eh I'd say 65% that it will be upgradable, but until we can access the .dat files there is no way to know for sure.

Also clearly that sam is using Usu for Store TP with his 437 delay Masamune... :P
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-24 09:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was on that vanafest website if I recall, let me take a look real quick.

Hmm Either they didn't or it was changed. I don't see them saying it on the site but they do have Mythic/Relic there, funny thing I really do recall reading it there as well O.o;

I lol'd, honestly I'm leaning on the fence with old armor being upgraded. If they do use old armor, Salvage / AF 1,2+1 / maybe +1 Abj armors is the only thing I can see.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 09:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, plz refer to earlier in this thread... "most precious acquisitions", I believe was the term they used... IE the relic and mythic weapons we were able to upgrade through ToM... Unless I'm completely wrong and I missed it somewhere, which if so, plz let me know cuz I'd love to upgrade some of my old ***...
 Leviathan.Helix
user: Helix
By Leviathan.Helix 2010-08-24 10:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well so far I haven't found the actual interview, just quotes like this one from Wiki

"Sundi confirmed Salvage armor would be upgradeable..."

I know, lots of help. But they did say it and I will eventually find it.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 10:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also refer to my last argument in this thread earlier as well... Lets say they boost usukane armor.... really? Ya dont think EVEN MORE haste on that set or STP or some ***wouldn't be too broken? Or MORE STR on Ares? (somebody on my server paid 35m for NQ Grim Cuirass lulz..I bet they are praying Ares can't be upgraded)
 Ifrit.Zibo
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-24 10:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Also refer to my last argument in this thread earlier as well... Lets say they boost usukane armor.... really? Ya dont think EVEN MORE haste on that set or STP or some ***wouldn't be too broken? Or MORE STR on Ares? (somebody on my server paid 35m for NQ Grim Cuirass lulz..I bet they are praying Ares can't be upgraded)

More str on Ares wouldn't be as broken as you suggest. At this point a lot of salvage gear is situational all ready or has it's own use. If magian trials just keep them the best for that specific goal or even give them a different job, it would be nice.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-24 10:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, for old armor I'm going to assume it will get special paths for special purposes, like regen tacked on Ares body, maybe higher refresh tic too. Highly unlikely they will give Salvage armor multiple paths like this AF armor should get or whatever 'blank' armor we get.
*edited to make more sense, also because someone walked in and I hit enter before finishing...*
 Leviathan.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Leviathan.Eburo 2010-08-24 10:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

More haste wouldn't be broken on the usu set for sam unless it went up by more than 3%... Otherwise the set still sucks compared to a mixed set with Byakko's Haidate+Walahra Turban. :/
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 10:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Eburo said:
More haste wouldn't be broken on the usu set for sam unless it went up by more than 3%... Otherwise the set still sucks compared to a mixed set with Byakko's Haidate+Walahra Turban. :/

as far as pure haste, yes, but usu holds an astounding like 35 acc on the set in addition to its 13% haste...also pup says hi, it can't use B haidate... And there are 3 pieces of usu with haste, I'm sure they would each get a +1 if it was upgradable.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-24 10:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, isn't it kind of hard to judge what would be "too much STR," or "too easily reach haste cap?" I mean, we have to keep in mind that this will be for level XX gear, not 75. If current gear, like Usu, ends up being upgradable, I would really expect it to be like AF+1s, where the level goes up, too.

Idk. Just bored at work.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 10:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure nobody is worried/cares about the level increase to the gear lol. And AF >> AF+1 is typically a fairly large upgrade in stats.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-08-24 10:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I mean, though. Sure, +80 Accuracy (or something) would be ridiculous on level 80 gear. But maybe not so much for level 80.

edit: boldness, clarity
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 10:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

And sorry, if you count the dex+ (even for 1h) Usu has like 43 acc on it, and thats obviously even higher for 2h users (Sam being the only one in that armor's case, obviously :P)
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2010-08-24 10:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You're all overthinking it. This will be the only addition to Magians.

[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-08-24 11:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Almostunsane said:
I lol'd make it MDT-50% and an epic shield will be truely born!

Still I want to see Aegis get augmented already =( needs to happen badly..
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-24 11:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Nope, more STP would give SAM a true 5hit without carbonara, more Haste (not like SAM/MNK can't cap already) isn't going to hurt. It's arguably among the hardest sets to obtain, why on earth would it not have higher accuracy/attack than easier to acquire sets? Like saying Amano doesn't need more DMG cause it's already high derp derp.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-24 11:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Almostunsane said:

Higher def on Aegis would be awesome, throw in maybe some PDT or Enmity and a stronger bash and it'll be epic.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 11:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam can get true 5 hit with Keiton atm and it already has more acc than any full set of gear really.... so ya..mine was a real "derp" moment...
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-24 11:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Not without dropping haste or using carb, like I said. I don't see why you think It'd be broken to increase the stats of the best sets to make them level with easier to obtain sets.

Perle:

# Defense +179
# STR +22
# DEX +14
# VIT +10
# Attack +25
# Accuracy +18
# Enmity +4
# Haste +14
# "Critical hit rate" +2%

Usukane

# Defense +132
# STR +16
# DEX +13
# AGI +3
# INT +8
# Accuracy +36
# Evasion +29
# Attack +17
# Haste +8%
# "Store TP" +13
# "Subtle Blow" +5
# "Counter" +2
# Enmity +5
# Haste +13

Wins on Accuracy and STP only. Usukane takes huge amounts of time to get, Perle takes 2 minutes to buy, few hours to farm. I would hardly think increasing Usu's stats would break anything.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 11:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're only comparing usu to pearle for 1 job? LOL.. Sam is the only job that can use both for one. 2) STP is kind of a big deal when you're trying to true 5/6 hit your weapon... 3) Pup says hi again...can't use haidate or perle and usu is pretty damn sick for it... 4) Sam should have haidate and mixed build (I admit I have no haidate myself..but I haven't done sky in like 5+ years lol) but the important usu pieces (body, feet and legs to a degree) for sam are REALLY good pieces for that job.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-24 11:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Because they won't add further gear this update and later. Okay. New stuff will likely be better than what they just added, further reducing appeal of Usu. So yes, it could use an update, and no, it wouldn't be broken.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-24 11:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
So you're only comparing usu to pearle for 1 job? LOL.. Sam is the only job that can use both for one. 2) STP is kind of a big deal when you're trying to true 5/6 hit your weapon... 3) Pup says hi again...can't use haidate or perle and usu is pretty damn sick for it... 4) Sam should have haidate and mixed build (I admit I have no haidate myself..but I haven't done sky in like 5+ years lol) but the important usu pieces (body, feet and legs to a degree) for sam are REALLY good pieces for that job.

you would be surprised how many sams and nins wear full usu
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-24 11:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well like I said, its very high acc and still very comparible haste to a full build.
By darkmaffxi 2010-08-24 12:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing wrong with usu feet for sam or nin and sam can use the body if he or she needs the store tp from it. I would say this, that monk would get a full benefit from full usu. Sam and Nin can wear a mix and match set that will be more beneficial.
[+]