ah rly? thats good then ^-^ just give me fancy items then =D
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Oh cool, you can log out and they remain? 8O

I wonder if it defeats the purpose of putting the auction house in, or maybe we are going to get something cooler like the auction house from FF9!

Lol I think the auction house is still handy, and hopefully with a search function this time :/

but an FFIX esque AH would be awesome, You can put one item up a day that will go into auction :D
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-08-20 10:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

well think of the pros and cons of bazaaring versus ah...

pros 4 ah:
you can just go to 1 place and see everything that is available

cons 4 ah:
cant see price or seller, cant haggle prices etc

pros 4 bazaar:
interaction with potential customer. customer is another player and who knows what paths he or she chose. could be a great smith for example and you made a bud just by giving good deals

cons 4 bazaar:
tons o other people bazaaring and it takes forever sifting through the crap...
 Asura.Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-08-20 10:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i hope theres no love chocolates in the next one -,- annoys me to no end when in a bazaar area i see heart chocolate 999999999999 and thats the only thing in the bazaar.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-08-20 10:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
honestly don't see what the hype about FFXIV is.
I don't see what the hype in Starcraft II is and it looks dumb to me, maybe I should some worthless post about it too. /sarcasm

I think the collectors edition wins in the end.

standard version: raises skills faster
The trade off is they must be equipped, thus you loose out on a piece of gear for that slot and how much faster does it raise skills compared to someone without? What if it's a charged item?

collectors edition: reduces weakened time
This is more then likely going to get more use as a end-game item. The googles will just sit in storage after a few levels while you could get a lot more uses out of being unweakened faster. You only need to think of all the times in XI where being able to recover faster would have made things go smoother.
 Asura.Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-08-20 10:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

*reads akeda's post*

... damn youre right x.x
look out collectors copy youre mine!!!
 Pandemonium.Celadonia
Server: Pandemonium
user: Celadonia
By Pandemonium.Celadonia 2010-08-22 00:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well it's hard to say what will be better in the final version and/or further in the game.

If speed of skill is the your job skill yeah that should be awesome. And recovery after death isn't that long to begin with.

But who knows maybe they plan on changing it

Honestly this dude kinda answered your Question

1 is for SKill ups and other is for reduce weakness

so there ya go

Did you even read the like 3 line original post? Or are you just a dumb Canadian?
Sylph.Anjali said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well it's hard to say what will be better in the final version and/or further in the game.

If speed of skill is the your job skill yeah that should be awesome. And recovery after death isn't that long to begin with.

But who knows maybe they plan on changing it

Honestly this dude kinda answered your Question

1 is for SKill ups and other is for reduce weakness

so there ya go

Did you even read the like 3 line original post? Or are you just a dumb Canadian?

You're a dumb woman for not learning how to google.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-08-22 01:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

i want those Hermes sandals!

they even look cuter on 14 then 11! :D gold tips ftw?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-22 01:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
i want those Hermes sandals!

they even look cuter on 14 then 11! :D gold tips ftw?

I missed seeing your avatar.
 Asura.Ericka
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-08-22 01:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

awww :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-22 04:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Celadonia said:
You're a dumb woman for not learning how to google.
Fail troll is fail.
Sylph.Anjali said:
Edit: And oh yeah, last time I checked Dasva (as much as I love him! ♥) wasn't the representative for all the thoughts of Ni.
Awwwwww ♥♥♥♥♥
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-08-22 05:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok after reading this thread (and skimming out the bitching/trolling etc) Im still confused! I have preordered the standard version of 14 because I'm not prepared to pay £40 for a game Im not even sure Im going to enjoy... However there have been some good ideas on here as to why getting the collectors edition would be a sensible choice.

Months free gaming, well you could argue that your not "really" getting it free because of the price for the collectors edition. Yeh I know it comes with other shiny things but I doubt they come to the grand total of £15 surely?

Also we need concrete evidence that the collectors box will have both free IG items, its no good speculating about these things, which I know is all we can do because SE seem incapable of advertising their MMO's well.

So the question is do I cancel my preorder and go for the collectors or do I save myself £15 and stick with it, but then have to pay for my first month? How much is it anyway, same as FFXI, £8.99? I wasn't going to bother with 14 but as the saying goes curiosity killed the cat..I'm gonna give it ago but as I haven't played the Beta I really don't know what to expect, except from the information given to us by SE (which isn't alot lets be honest) and the players in the Beta who have given us screenshots and info.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-22 05:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The way I see it, you have two choices.

1) You cancel your preorder and go for the collector's edition.

2) Since £15 is (apparently) too expensive to you, you should cancel your preorder anyway and use what money you do have on finding a job or the like, THEN preorder the collector's edition.

My point is, the worst case scenario is you get the game and a free month (which I believe is £10 anyway, so you'll just be spending an extra £5 for Collector's Edition), plus a few extra things you can look at or read. I know if you preorder from Gamestop, you have a 10 day period where you can return it and get all of your money back (At least the ones over here do that).
 Ifrit.Elmodfz
user: Elmodfz
By Ifrit.Elmodfz 2010-08-22 05:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
The way I see it, you have two choices.

2) Since £15 is (apparently) too expensive to you, you should cancel your preorder anyway and use what money you do have on finding a job or the like, THEN preorder the collector's edition.

Should have known someone would be a complete **** about that point.

Why can't people on here construct a response WITHOUT being rude, sarcastic, offensive, etc? Its ridiculous the amount of people on here who think just because its the internet they can be douche bags...

I didn't say it was too expensive for me, I said paying £40 for a game I may not enjoy playing i.e it could be a waste of money!

Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-22 06:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't think I was being offensive. I was merely stating that, if you had enough money, a difference of £5 won't be a big deal regardless. That way, if you do enjoy it, then you have the good package. And if not, it's only an extra £5.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-22 06:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I've decided to pre order the Collectors Edition, even if it just comes with one of the above items, still get some other nice ***.
 Leviathan.Xxor
user: xxor
By Leviathan.Xxor 2010-08-22 08:11:17
Link | Quote | Reply

my question is, will the hermes sandals be a permanent increased movement item or the one that dissappers when your aggroed?
By Zekko 2010-08-22 09:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Probanly buying regular retail version. The first 8 days will be a mess(Server stability etc). Though when the game becomes available to everyone else it'll be a mess lol
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-22 10:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone read about the fatigue system they have in FFXIV its funny as hell. After a certain time you start getting Surplus XP instead of regular and its start to penalize the xp you gain up to 50% of it.

:DDDDDDD
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-22 20:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Did anyone read about the fatigue system they have in FFXIV its funny as hell. After a certain time you start getting Surplus XP instead of regular and its start to penalize the xp you gain up to 50% of it.

:DDDDDDD

If it's a surplus, why is it a penalty? That doesn't make sense.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-22 20:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Surplus meaning you passed the Max Exp your suppose to earn a day So instead of getting regular xp you get "Surplus" and if you keep pushing it. It can penalize you up to 50% xp earned
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-08-22 21:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a beta testing tactic to get people to level/test something else.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-22 21:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
Sounds like a beta testing tactic to get people to level/test something else.

there was a interview somewhere with that stuff too lazy to look it up. Its not a beta thing it will be in the final game
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-22 21:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Never heard of that. Then again I can't stand playing for long
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-22 21:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:

"the more you level the same class the more surplus xp you get and the less class xp you get. Basically if you tried to level just one job all the time you will grind to a halt eventually and can't get any more xp for that job. This is why people see it as a penalty because they are being limited in so much as they can't grind just one job to cap within the first week and conquer endgame"

basically

[+]
 Leviathan.Jekyll
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2010-08-22 21:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
"the more you level the same class the more surplus xp you get and the less class xp you get. Basically if you tried to level just one job all the time you will grind to a halt eventually and can't get any more xp for that job. This is why people see it as a penalty because they are being limited in so much as they can't grind just one job to cap within the first week and conquer endgame" basically
This is in fact true and will be part of the final game as stated in an interview. However, like it says above, fatigue doesn't carry other to other jobs, so you can do a variety of things in one day.
[+]