Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 07:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Preorder both!

lol :P

wait wouldn't that work at gamestop/Eb games?

pre-order but don't buy the game and just get the codes
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 07:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally unless they do something crazy with the weakened timer (like make it 5-10 min) I'd much rather have the skill item... but I'd also like to play earlier.

/rage
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-20 07:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

See, i'm sure with the open beta, they will implement more of the (as anjali said) "cold hard facts" that way people will get a feel for the game and how it actually will play out.
 Asura.Domz
Server: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-08-20 07:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

wait weakness is only 1 min? sweet.
well if weakness is 1 minute, and skill ups are easy as piss as someone said, why not get whichever one you think looks cooler or whichever one you think has more features.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-20 07:38:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
The collector's one is an ONION HELM. Cool right? But the standard one is a cool pair of sunglasses!
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-08-20 07:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Domz said:
wait weakness is only 1 min? sweet.
well if weakness is 1 minute, and skill ups are easy as piss as someone said, why not get whichever one you think looks cooler or whichever one you think has more features.

If weakened is 1min and skills are easy UP to lvl 30~ atm what tells you Skill ups won't be hard as hell down the road? 40-50-60

Skill is where its at since its more of a wild card then anything
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-08-20 07:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

eh [true strike]... ill admit though i like some of the stuff in the collectors though.. security token and a journal o.o im a sucker for writing, have been since high school x.x;
 Kujata.Sirus
Server: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Sirus 2010-08-20 08:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

personally i think that making these rewards -edit: game changing - using it as an incentive for us to go out and spend 75 bucks to preorder it doesnt make them any better than the RMT they have fought against for all these years. I won't be buying FFXIV for this reason. FFXI is all *** up because of it too. I refuse to pay money just for some shitty hat or pair of pants that is just slightly better than what I already had.

No thanks.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-20 08:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Sirus said:
personally i think that making these rewards cost so damn much doesnt make them any better than the RMT they have fought against for all these years. I won't be buying FFXIV for this reason. FFXI is all *** up because of it too. I refuse to pay money just for some shitty hat or pair of pants that is just slightly better than what I already had.

No thanks.

Wat?

So you won't buy a game cause ... it may cost a little more to get a item? how is that in any way tied to RMT?

I'm slightly confused :/
[+]
 Kujata.Sirus
By Kujata.Sirus 2010-08-20 08:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I came from many mmorpgs which have item shops, i suppose you could say i am already burnt out on the whole idea. It probably wont be long until they are like Mabinogi... Paying $10-20 bucks for a mount. Awesome.

@Anjali dont care about how much it costs, im actually upset with how they are trying to use it as a reason for me to get off my *** and preorder this game, when i could wait 3 weeks after release and get it for 1/3 price- also not all of us are "hardcore gamers" and couldnt give half a ***whether or not we get the game early, but that shouldnt put the casual gamer at such a huge disadvantage as this.. (i.e easier skillups), or worse- no mount, having to walk around all day long (see: nexon games)
By Zekko 2010-08-20 08:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm slightly annoyed at SE doing that 8 day starting thing for extra money. But whatever leveling isn't a race lol.
[+]
 Kujata.Sirus
By Kujata.Sirus 2010-08-20 09:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool well, you enjoy paying your 74.99 'amazon' price, while most everyone else who isnt a fanboy is going to be paying around 19.99

Feels good right?

-edit- i'll edit my posts as much as i damn well please, thank you very much. I'd rather edit my post than waste space with another reply, such as yours. Also, I couldnt care less what "OP"s view is on it. This is an open forum. If I want to come in and state my opinion on something, then I'm going to do it, and you'll just have to deal with it
[+]
 Kujata.Sirus
By Kujata.Sirus 2010-08-20 09:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

8) makes you look stupider than any post i could make.

Go back to 1998
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-08-20 09:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Who's to say how effective either will be..

Maybe the reduced weakness is significant, while the increased skill progression is not.
 Kujata.Sirus
By Kujata.Sirus 2010-08-20 09:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
The OP wasn't about your feelings on RMT. Are we communicating yet?

Edit: Oh ok so the jist of it is that you aren't actually angry about people pre-ordering getting bonus items in-game. You are just too poor to buy games and want to Q_Q about it. Gotcha.
I have a ps3, xbox 360, 2 nintendo ds, psp, gaming pc and 4 ffxi accounts. Im pretty sure I can afford my games.

You're just too stupid to understand where I'm coming from.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-20 09:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Sirus said:
Sylph.Anjali said:

Edit: Oh ok so the jist of it is that you aren't actually angry about people pre-ordering getting bonus items in-game. You are just too poor to buy games and want to Q_Q about it. Gotcha.
I have a ps3, xbox 360, 2 nintendo ds, psp, gaming pc and 4 ffxi accounts. Im pretty sure I can afford my games.

A bit rich coming from someone who calls someone stupid for using a certain emote.

Good going champ!
[+]
 Kujata.Sirus
By Kujata.Sirus 2010-08-20 09:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
lol

Get a life. There's more to it than ffxiah forums, you know?

Kujata.Sirus said:
dont care about how much it costs, im

ok
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-20 09:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Sirus said:
Fairy.Spence said:
lol

Get a life. There's more to it than ffxiah forums, you know?

I have another 5000 or so on my Sylph account 8)

Edit - I also only have a PS2, while you have multiple consoles and multiple FFXI accounts, I could use the same argument towards you.

8)
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-20 09:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is officially full of win!
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-08-20 09:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Sirus said:
Sylph.Anjali said:

So let me get this straight. RMT = buying a game early, and getting a FREE (key word here) gift for doing so? So because they are giving us a FREE (there's that word again) gift because we bought a game early (not paying any more, hence free), they are robbing us blind like RMT? Sorry, I guess we're all too stupid to understand you. Clearly you're the smartest person in the world. Let's all bow in your presence.
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 09:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

How is getting an in-game item like RMT? I don't see the comparison you are trying to make. None of the RMTs I MPK'd or stole mobs from ever game ME anything...

Offline games have been doing this for years, btw. Dragon Age Origins has a boatload of freebies and DLCs. You can still have just as much fun playing the basic version of the game. The DLCs are for the hardcore players who love the game.

If you don't consider the items in the Collector's Edition worth the extra RL gil, then don't buy it...but again, how is it like RMT?

And BTW, ninja editing your posts when someone is trying to reply to you is both annoying and rude, no matter who does it. Inb4QQingaboutfreedom(withoutresponsibility)
[+]