Pre-order Rewards XIV
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 09:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Thunderz said:

Maybeh after lvl 30 It gets super dumb/awesome we have like no idea and the damn game comes out next month. Honestly sometime SE marketing is just terrible

Protip: It's beneficial to the marketing of the product to not reveal everything pre-release. XI wasn't released with 99 cap.
Kujata.Sirus said:
not all of us are "hardcore gamers" and couldnt give half a ***whether or not we get the game early, but that shouldnt put the casual gamer at such a huge disadvantage as this..

SE are pretty spot on with purchasable content in that nothing so far has offered a huge advantage over players who opt not to spend cash. I doubt they'll suddenly change this with the immediate release of their new MMO which still has a chance to crash and burn.
[+]
 Valefor.Blacksummon
Server: Valefor
user: xial
By Valefor.Blacksummon 2010-08-20 09:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

nerds.
[+]
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-08-20 09:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
I'm slightly annoyed at SE doing that 8 day starting thing for extra money. But whatever leveling isn't a race lol.

YES IT IS!!!!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I got the collectors edition because for games I've been anticipating for ages, I love getting the artwork etc.

Personally I don't mind if we get both items or one, for me the pretty box and artwork book, as well as getting it early make it worth it for me.

As for the theory that this game will now have 'in-game shops' that's a silly conclusion to draw from this, seeing as SE have done similar things with XI and haven't introduced an in-game shop before.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-20 09:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Damnit Dameshi, you got to the point before me ~.~

But yeah, Siri, your logic is pretty much ... flawed, not gonna argue with you anymore really, cause your just gonna blindly argue over something dumb.

Go have fun with your lolfreeMMOs and with all your systems (omg wow ur kool... not)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, if you're a casual gamer, MMO's aren't for you.

*** casuals shitting up mah game.
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 09:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I got the collectors edition because for games I've been anticipating for ages, I love getting the artwork etc. Personally I don't mind if we get both items or one, for me the pretty box and artwork book, as well as getting it early make it worth it for me. As for the theory that this game will now have 'in-game shops' that's a silly conclusion to draw from this, seeing as SE have done similar things with XI and haven't introduced an in-game shop before.

Too lazy to look it up right now, but SE has definitely stated that there will be no microtransactions in the near future.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-08-20 09:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
I love getting the artwork etc.

^Sole reason I bought collector's edition of BlazBlue. Same for other titles that offer OSTs, in game content is just a bonus.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

But you know, SE added a free mog satchel to XI, that must mean XI is going to have real money shops soon!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I love getting the artwork etc.

^Sole reason I bought collector's edition of BlazBlue. Same for other titles that offer OSTs, in game content is just a bonus.

It's the reason I got the Dissidia collectors edition too, same as XIII (though that was fail)
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-08-20 09:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
But you know, SE added a free mog satchel to XI, that must mean XI is going to have real money shops soon!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 Asura.Barthalomew
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2010-08-20 09:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So, basically, I play FFXI now, and I pre-ordered FFXIV Collector's edition. So, I'm going to get an Onion Helm, Hermes Shoes, half off my FFXI monthly cost, and a security token?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Barthalomew said:
So, basically, I play FFXI now, and I pre-ordered FFXIV Collector's edition. So, I'm going to get an Onion Helm, Hermes Shoes, half off my FFXI monthly cost, and a security token?

Yus.

What I find annoying is the fact that I've been trying to get a security token for going on a year now, and SE have been out of stock.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair you get one character, and each extra character is $3.00 (iirc) but the fact that you get one free retainer makes it so you may not need a new character.

The retainer would do what my Mules do anyways, in this case Bazaar and hold ***.
[+]
By Zekko 2010-08-20 09:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Argh casuals. How i hate them. Gaming isnt casual. It's srs bsns
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 09:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
We should all hate SE. Games companies shouldn't be allowed to make money! In all seriousness though, I do think the subscription fees for additional characters are harsh, but for the retail release of the game I can't really complain. Both versions are cheaper than most new release offline games are here.

I can understand where they are coming from here. There has already been rampant speculation about how RMT will make their money in FFXIV, and it centers around building a 15 man PT with only one RL player and spamming low level guildleves. At least $3 per extra character will limit some of the 13 year olds who can't afford the startup costs. It also makes sense when you realize that extra retainers only cost the same ol' buck as always.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Argh casuals. How i hate them. Gaming isnt casual. It's srs bsns

Exaclty! I don't mind Casuals most of the time, but in MMO's most of them tend to be kinda fail.
[+]
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-08-20 09:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

i wish they would be clearer about the preorder items though. its drivin me nuts cause ima thinking with collector no super googles and with reg, no fancy helmet x.x yes im greedy ; ;
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:
I've not read much about these retainers. How much capacity do they have?

Not too sure, but I know the work as more inventory and a bazaar bot.
 Asura.Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-08-20 09:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

^5 for greedyness ^(>o<v)
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm greedy too, I'm hoping collectors gets both. From what I was reading, we will because the instruction booklet comes with the code for the garland goggles, and the little pamphlet inside the collectors box comes with the code for the helmet.

Seeing as the game is sealed inside the collectors box, logic dictates we'll get both.
 Siren.Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-20 09:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Anjali said:

There are specific areas in towns where you can set them up so they can bazaar. Basically, the game has a built in Rolanmart. You can choose to pay for a stall, which will make your bazaar stand out. You can also choose the appearance for your retainer.

The way I understand it, they also have extra storage space and can function as a general mule character, too. They just can't leave town or join in combat. I think you can set them up without having to log out, too.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Temeraire said:
Sylph.Anjali said:

There are specific areas in towns where you can set them up so they can bazaar. Basically, the game has a built in Rolanmart. You can choose to pay for a stall, which will make your bazaar stand out. You can also choose the appearance for your retainer.

The way I understand it, they also have extra storage space and can function as a general mule character, too. They just can't leave town or join in combat. I think you can set them up without having to log out, too.

You can. And they will also stand there even if you're not online.

[Note: There is still going to be an AH]

Edit: Kujata.Sirus You suck, stop down-rating and reply like a man.
 Asura.Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-08-20 09:48:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i just hope i meet some people from asura where ever i end up at. and i wonder if theres any rewards in the buddy pass thing like the gold world pass thingy in 11. hopefully something cool like costumes...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-20 09:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

hehe Good old gold pass :D Well I don't think world passes will be in this game because you choose what server you start on.