Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-02 17:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Lol how'd be get to people not wanting to pay for insurance AND wanting to still get cheap health care? I just started on this page
Because America tried to reform to something closer to Canada's system and Canada tried to reform towards the US's health care system. its *** us both over
Just go back to what was working for everyone.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 17:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Problem is, you make it sound like racism does not exist in Puerto Rico, which, by human nature, simply can not be true.

no, you percieved it as that, why do you make me repeat things so much?

I already said, in puerto rico out of 50 people 1 is racial, there is always going to be someone here who is racial but it's not a major problem like in america, it's something in here you will get, but ODDLY. and i mean, RARELY.
 Unicorn.Roxanna
Server: Unicorn
user: Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-07-02 17:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Unicorn.Roxanna said:
I learned about this from a documentary I watched for history class. Shame on me for believing what Japanese survivors talked about.
In her defense, the "spontaneous mass suicide" story was also the official version of events as told by the Japanese government until relatively recently. They only recently corrected the textbooks to report the truth that the military was involved.

(Edit: Damn, Schutz beat me to it.)

What the people in the documentary talked about wasn't mass suicide. It was a lot of propaganda about the US, similar to the propaganda that the US would spread about the Japanese, and the propaganda that the Nazis spread about the Jews. More or less it was said that there were people who freely chose death over being caught by the Americans because they feared it.
Very interesting to watch. I'll see if I can't find it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-02 17:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't racism if it's true!
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
user: Jornna
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-02 17:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I don't know that many racist people in America as well, so I too can say "1 in 50" is racist and even then, we will have "more of a racial issue" simply because we have more people here.

You seem to be misunderstood by many posters here when it comes to many different topics, perhaps you should make your points more clear in the future?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-07-02 17:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are also assuming there's only one definition of racism. Which there isn't.

Example: I am white, but grew up in Japan. I often had people make assumptions about me because of my race. As an example, I was once not invited to a tea ceremony field trip while everyone else was.

As an American, even at 12 years old, I flipped out at this. However, I was going off the American definition of racism. In fact, they had not invited me because none of the kids wanted to go. It was boring, painful, and stupid, but they were forced to go because they were Japanese and this was a decidedly "Japanese thing."

By comparison, as a white boy, I was seen as not even having that obligation, and so I was given the day off instead. Here I was yelling bloody murder about racism, when in fact, they were trying to do me a favor and all the other kids envied me. ("You lucky bastage!")

I explained to them why it rubbed me the wrong way, and they began to see things from my point of view, and why it could be perceived as racist. They apologized profusely once they understood. But they legitimately had not thought of it as racist, but rather almost "anti-racist" because I wasn't forced to go while the Japanese kids were, because they were Japanese.

The US, because of its history, particular through the Civil Rights Movement of the 60's, has a decidedly different definition than most of the world does. It's important to realize this before taking offense at things.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 17:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

100% true. A few years back my dad got injured on the job. He shattered his ankle, no insurance or workmans comp. Sure the Hospital fixed him up...then said "you owe us six thousand dollars" and I may be low balling that number. Also if you don't pay it, they drag you to court and then you have to pay for all their court fee's and your own. That's not even including and medication costs or return visits.

Another example of a broken health care system. My last job I had, if I wanted insurance through the company it would of cost me 200 dollars a month. I was already paying 340 dollars a month for child support. I was making 10 dollars an hour and rarely getting 40 hours a week. Usually I was lucky to get 30 hours. See the problem here? This is all before normal taxes mind you. To have health insurance I would not only be working for free, the job would of ended up costing me money. It eventually did anyways which is why I had to quit.

exacly my point, wouldnt a better health care have helped you? yep :/ ... everyone deserves health regardless if they work or not, it's called life.

and you don't get rejected from this treatment, but the stress of the bills you have to pay will make you want to pop your eyes out and sell them on the black market, if anything is more expensive on this world than living, it's defenately your health.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-02 17:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

well me being irish I am concerned as well.
that is my point of the racist card.
you bringing up the fact that you are latin all the time on the internet forum and saying it concerns you more than lets say a white guy is a bit racist regardless.

Well you percieve it as racist, but I'm not. I guess a lot of things can be misunderstood eh?
perceive*
do you use firefox darki?
if you do pay attention to those red squiggly lines.
 Unicorn.Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-07-02 18:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

well me being irish I am concerned as well.
that is my point of the racist card.
you bringing up the fact that you are latin all the time on the internet forum and saying it concerns you more than lets say a white guy is a bit racist regardless.

Well you percieve it as racist, but I'm not. I guess a lot of things can be misunderstood eh?
perceive*
do you use firefox darki?
if you do pay attention to those red squiggly lines.

Insert spelling corrector. Makes me want to misspell every word on purpose to see if his head will explode....
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 18:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Personally, I don't know that many racist people in America as well, so I too can say "1 in 50" is racist and even then, we will have "more of a racial issue" simply because we have more people here.

You seem to be misunderstood by many posters here when it comes to many different topics, perhaps you should make your points more clear in the future?

/sigh
I wont bother.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 18:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ok! don't make this a grammar nazi kind of thread, let's stick to the subject. I do pay attention to the red lines, truth is I don't know any other way to spell things, but you understood me, so that's the point.

inb4 darki's dumb, ummm no, self taught english.

Titan.Rohauce
Server: Titan
user: Rohauce
By Titan.Rohauce 2010-07-02 18:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Opinions, Opinions everywhere.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 18:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
You guys are also assuming there's only one definition of racism. Which there isn't.

Example: I am white, but grew up in Japan. I often had people make assumptions about me because of my race. As an example, I was once not invited to a tea ceremony field trip while everyone else was.

As an American, even at 12 years old, I flipped out at this. However, I was going off the American definition of racism. In fact, they had not invited me because none of the kids wanted to go. It was boring, painful, and stupid, but they were forced to go because they were Japanese and this was a decidedly "Japanese thing."

By comparison, as a white boy, I was seen as not even having that obligation, and so I was given the day off instead. Here I was yelling bloody murder about racism, when in fact, they were trying to do me a favor and all the other kids envied me. ("You lucky bastage!")

I explained to them why it rubbed me the wrong way, and they began to see things from my point of view, and why it could be perceived as racist. They apologized profusely once they understood. But they legitimately had not thought of it as racist, but rather almost "anti-racist" because I wasn't forced to go while the Japanese kids were, because they were Japanese.

The US, because of its history, particular through the Civil Rights Movement of the 60's, has a decidedly different definition than most of the world does. It's important to realize this before taking offense at things.

hmmm so true so true, then hard to understand each other here then, considering many people come from different parts of the world even if they have american flags, no one knows where they were actually raised/come from in reality.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-02 18:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

People "deserve" services they pay for. Or if they are lucky services that they get because it benefits those who did pay for it directly
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-02 18:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

/sigh
I wont bother.

I'm really not trying to be an *** to you, but it seems like anytime someone makes a counter to something you say its usually "You read what I was saying wrong" or "You took it the wrong way".

And if more then a handful of people are not understanding what you are trying to say, perhaps the problems lies in you are not able to properly convey your thoughts.

Which can be a very frustrating thing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-07-02 18:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Problem is, you make it sound like racism does not exist in Puerto Rico, which, by human nature, simply can not be true.

I already said, in puerto rico out of 50 people 1 is racial, there is always going to be someone here who is racial but it's not a major problem like in america, it's something in here you will get, but ODDLY. and i mean, RARELY.

Racist is the word you are looking for.

But, more importantly, someone should remind you that this country is a big *** place. Where I live, the are SO FEW racist people that you would be astonished.

Making broad generalizations like that, about an entire country sounds a little like making broad generalizations about an entire race, doesn't it?
 Unicorn.Roxanna
By Unicorn.Roxanna 2010-07-02 18:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I demand a flag for raised on the interwebz!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-02 18:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
oh ok! don't make this a grammar nazi kind of thread, let's stick to the subject. I do pay attention to the red lines, truth is I don't know any other way to spell things, but you understood me, so that's the point.

right click on the red lines.
they show spelling corrections.
i was just wondering if you did it that way or not.
i was going to respond to what ya said but it really wouldn't do anything because you are a bit dead set on yer opinion
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 18:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

But, more importantly, someone should remind you that this country is a big *** place. Where I live, the are SO FEW racist people that you would be astonished.

Making broad generalizations like that, about an entire country sounds a little like making broad generalizations about an entire race, doesn't it?

funny how now because it's a large state it justifyes the fact that it has a racial issue, then same can be said about everything else.

if anything, more people should open the oportunity for less racial people to be around, I'm not sure, the times I've been on america most americans have been racial towards me, I'm just speaking in my personal experience.

perhaphs you know less racial people because you actually live among them = means they aren't racial towards you but perhaphs to forgeiners like me yes? Who knows.

and I'm not generalizing the whole country, don't mix it up with being racial either, it's completly different. I am saying it just has a racial issue,and it IS true. Compared to PR, it does have a racial issue in my point of view.... lol

I'm not calling out all americans and saying they are all racial, that would be the same as generalizing a whole race. but I'm not :B... I've already mentioned, not everyone the same in america.

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-02 18:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

funny how now because it's a large state it justifyes the fact that it has a racial issue, then same can be said about everything else.

if anything, more people should open the oportunity for less racial people to be around, I'm not sure, the times I've been on america most americans have been racial towards me, I'm just speaking in my personal experience.

perhaphs you know less racial people because you actually live among them = means they aren't racial towards you but perhaphs to forgeiners like me yes? Who knows.

and I'm not generalizing the whole country, don't mix it up with being racial either, it's completly different. I am saying it just has a racial issue,and it IS true. Compared to PR, it does have a racial issue in my point of view.... lol

I'm not calling out all americans and saying they are all racial, that would be the same as generalizing a whole race. but I'm not :B... I've already mentioned, not everyone the same in america.

what parts of the US have you been to darki?

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 18:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

right click on the red lines.
they show spelling corrections.
i was just wondering if you did it that way or not.
i was going to respond to what ya said but it really wouldn't do anything because you are a bit dead set on yer opinion

lol i didn't know you could do this right click thing .-. ...
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 18:14:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Several parts of Florida, Several of Utah, Colorado, several places of New York.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-07-02 18:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Fenrir.Terminus said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

Couldn't this be true for PR too though?
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-07-02 18:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Darki why must you open that pretty mouth
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-02 18:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Several parts of Florida, Several of Utah, Colorado, several places of New York.
How exactly have people been racial to you in those areas.
Specifically new york.
i can understand all the southern states and ***.
but really tell me how exactly someone has been "racial" towards ya, this is just to get a better idea of where you are coming from with your opinions.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 18:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Smileybone said:

I think I will start counting from now on how many times I have to repeat this:
when did I say it wasn't ? lol I just said it's not as big as other places. (I'll stop mentioning america because it will make it seem like I am pointing a finger at it and then be called racial for some reason <.<)

*reads up* yep I have mentioned it's not as big as other places at all.... many many times. I've also said, it rarely happens.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-02 18:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

when did I say it wasn't ? lol I just said it's not as big as other places. (I'll stop mentioning america because it will make it seem like I am pointing a finger at it and then be called racial for some reason <.<)

*reads up* yep I have mentioned it's not as big as other places at all.... many many times. I've also said, it rarely happens.

They are saying, perhaps you think its not as racist, because people aren't racist to you?

Which is the same point you used against Terminus.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 18:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
How exactly have people been racial to you in those areas.
Specifically new york.
i can understand all the southern states and ***.
but really tell me how exactly someone has been "racial" towards ya, this is just to get a better idea of where you are coming from with your opinions.

The way I speak, they would pretend to not understand me and then make me repeat a word over and over again and smile and after I've said a word 5 times, they would then smile and correct me and make me repeat it? How is that not just rude.

or the times I've been at the counter asking for something, how they would look at me and then not look at me again and just continue to ignore me and attend other things :/...

you can justify these things with other things, so it doesn't matter what I say about how I've been treated before, I'm pretty sure you will find a way to justify all this behavior about it not being racial towards me and just me misunderstanding things, but trust me, you can feel the vibe when someone just doesn't like you and is being racial.

I remember once I was talking on the phone on the hallway pretty low and some black man came out of his hotel room shouting at me to STFU and that my accent was annoying <.<... that scared me the *** out lol now I never talk in hallways in hotel rooms!
that was in florida btw, I seemed to get most of the racism in florida than anywhere, on Utah too.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-02 18:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Phoenix.Smileybone said:

They are saying, perhaps you think its not as racist, because people aren't racist to you?

Which is the same point you used against Terminus.

hmmm I've been around tourism in PR a lot considering I studied in the capital, I've seen how we treat forgeiners and it's nothing alike to racial and the way we express ourselves about forgeiners and their countries, we don't usually belittle them, we just clearly hate people who are racial towards us, that's one thing I've heard in our social groups more than anything.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-07-02 18:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So wait, people not being able to understand you = being racist?

And ***, i've worked in retail, id ignore the *** out of anyone, race not pending :P

You seem just fast to pull the racism card.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 42 43 44