Rdm Tanking Nerf..... ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » rdm tanking nerf..... ?
rdm tanking nerf..... ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Siren.Krystale
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-21 14:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

@ excal thx :o
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-21 14:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Yea rafike you're a tard. Apocalypse contributes more damage overall than What Ebody, Vbelt and Jtorque would add to drk. Also the fact you even mentioned Jtorque shows a lack of understanding because in any situation where you are not capped accuracy peacock charm would outperform it. Also, I'm aware they help other jobs but if you took the time to look at the jobs I play in end game you would see they would be for my DRK only. /gasp. I appologize my isn't perfect because I chose to do a relic first. All the gearsets are logical and best I can do with current resources until I get the additional items. Guess what I'm camping for ebody now? Gee wilikers. I would think more than likely you're just butt hurt/jealous idk.

lol you sound more dumb now

Apo plus scythe merits, plus ebody. You still need accuracy? What are you hitting? Your list of priorities is messed up.
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah looked at the set now and it seems you completely forgot the stat mods on cata. Both int and agi will add more to dmg than str. About 3 of the stat would be a little less than 4 str.
yea you dont stack AGL or INT for cata its fail lol. Maybe against mobs where you're FSTR and pidf are already capped but that isn't the case vs anything end game ever.
I was talking about uncapped fstr. Uncapped 1 str adds .25 to base dmg. Capped it gives 0. 1 agi or 1 int adds .332 to base dmg always. Do the math. 1agi or int will pretty much always be better than 1 str at 75. No idea how the alpha will change at 99
Do you also take into account that str = additional attack that also increases the pdif? I mean I've never been insanely mathy at the WS formulas.
That's much harder to do since you would need to know how much your base dmg is and mob def your attack lvl diff etc to compare the 2. And even then it's a range for pdif. But the amount attack added isn't that much. In really low pdif situations sure. But yeah that's why I said 4str is a little better than 3 stat. Not because of rounding down of the stat but because of the attack factor. Either way not including agi/int into your ws is kinda lame. Especially since there are slots that give you both str and a stat in decent amounts (sometimes even attack too). Or just really large amounts of one or the other. And yeah it's only a few slots and a few peices but it still matters. Noctunris helm is definitely better for one. Um think there are some good agi/str gloves etc idk haven't checked

Yea I don't have access to shadowlord BCNM, been too busy with end game stuff/relic augments. It definately caught my eye though. I have about 30mil gil on me atm but I stopped spending completely in order to see what the new update gear is like. It seemed pointless to dump much gil into the current stuff if better is released.
 Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 14:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly as long as the gear is respectable I wouldn't care what people say Exc. People who gimp it with stuff like headlong belts for example have no business with a relic but stuff like swift belt is still respectable... nitpicking every piece of a relic holder's gear does more to show your jealousy than anything else.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

@ rafike I guess you only fight pink birds.

You are aware that HNM are hard to get 95% accuracy on with no buffs right? Guess what end game events I do... I think we parsed a fafnir and with 440 accuracy total I was still only 65% accuracy with no food. So yea, you definately need the accuracy vs anything harder than merit mobs.
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 14:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I use headlong ; ; maybe with the level cap increase I can get a swift...or better..
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

So how about that rdm spell hate nerf? That ***looks sad D:
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-21 14:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Excelior You must be in a really bad endgame LS if you do so many landkings and they selling heca cap etc. Most likely they sell other gear too? Even before their members get it?

stop calling me rafike

I killed fafy/nih several times in the past
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 14:44:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have ice cream so stfu
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
@ Excelior You must be in a really bad endgame LS if you do so many landkings and they selling heca cap etc. Most like they sell other gear too? Even before their members get it? stop calling me rafike I killed fafy/nih several times in the past

What's wrong with selling gear? That's what most HNM shells do these days lol. Sorry, there is a guy in my LS named rafike its habit.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 14:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
@ Excelior You must be in a really bad endgame LS if you do so many landkings and they selling heca cap etc. Most like they sell other gear too? Even before their members get it? stop calling me rafike I killed fafy/nih several times in the past

What's wrong with selling gear? That's what most HNM shells do these days lol. Sorry, there is a guy in my LS named rafike its habit.
can I be in ur LS?
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-21 14:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Nothing wrong with it, unless they do it when members in that ls still need/want that gear. I would be upset if I show up every time and lets say something that I need for x job drops and it was sold...
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Nothing wrong with it, unless they do it when members in that ls still need/want that gear. I would be upset if I show up every time and lets say something that I need for x job drops and it was sold...

Well yesterday it dropped for us and was the first time I've seen it drop since I finished apoc. Would have been mine but we sold it for 5 mil which obviously is better for the LS cause 5mil is a bit rediculous for N head. IDK, personally I think gearing members > selling gear but I'm generally quiet on the matter unless its pocketed by LS leadership which isnt the case in our linkshell.
 Valefor.Argettio
Server: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-06-21 14:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

@Excelior your gear isn't bad, but I agree with others, I would be pissed if stuff got sold before fulfilling members 'needs'. But do seem to be digging yourself a hole.

@Steam any Apoc DRK should be eating curry buns (red ideally) on most mobs, combined with Dia etc they will cap attack on all put JoL/Kirin etc. And at that point attack becomes worthless, so a lot of the time a STR build is the right way to go (so long as you keep attack in mind).

Asura.Steam
Server: Asura
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 14:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Yea rafike you're a tard. Apocalypse contributes more damage overall than What Ebody, Vbelt and Jtorque would add to drk. Also the fact you even mentioned Jtorque shows a lack of understanding because in any situation where you are not capped accuracy peacock charm would outperform it. Also, I'm aware they help other jobs but if you took the time to look at the jobs I play in end game you would see they would be for my DRK only. /gasp. I appologize my isn't perfect because I chose to do a relic first. All the gearsets are logical and best I can do with current resources until I get the additional items. Guess what I'm camping for ebody now? Gee wilikers. I would think more than likely you're just butt hurt/jealous idk.

edit; Holy crap I have been trolled.

Hi <3. If you really would have wanted to do dmg you would have done brovura, or amano.

Inb4 APOC >>>>>>>>>> BROVURA/AMANO LOL NOOB.

Yeah and that drk who uses iota ring, cerb +1, tremedic or w/e trash scythe on cerb needs to be shot, bet there wasnt any other DD on it, else he would have lost hate under a min.

BUT, considering Your shell, Unity, which surpasses the ability of sucking, idk man, I just dont really know.

And also, that drk seems abit over geared when it comes to Unity. However, that doesnt change the fact that there wasnt any other DD on it, and if there was, god damn they were bad.

That chicken was pretty good, anyways, off to zzz before work.

edit:
> N head
> Fafnir
> 2007
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 15:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
I have ice cream so stfu
Noooooooooooooo
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-21 15:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
I use headlong ; ; maybe with the level cap increase I can get a swift...or better..
We know you suck. Due to this you will still be unable to get a swift belt at 80.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 15:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
We know you suck. Due to this you will still be unable to get a swift belt at 80.
well that was uncalled for. I'm sorry I obviously suck b/c I don't have access. Take your Pup > all mentality elsewhere please.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-21 15:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf? haven't beaten cop yet at this point in game
 Carbuncle.Xandor
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-06-21 15:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
well that was uncalled for. I'm sorry I obviously suck b/c I don't have access. Take your Pup > all mentality elsewhere please.
^says FFXIAH troll #1

Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 15:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Yea rafike you're a tard. Apocalypse contributes more damage overall than What Ebody, Vbelt and Jtorque would add to drk. Also the fact you even mentioned Jtorque shows a lack of understanding because in any situation where you are not capped accuracy peacock charm would outperform it. Also, I'm aware they help other jobs but if you took the time to look at the jobs I play in end game you would see they would be for my DRK only. /gasp. I appologize my isn't perfect because I chose to do a relic first. All the gearsets are logical and best I can do with current resources until I get the additional items. Guess what I'm camping for ebody now? Gee wilikers. I would think more than likely you're just butt hurt/jealous idk. edit; Holy crap I have been trolled.
Hi <3. If you really would have wanted to do dmg you would have done brovura, or amano. Inb4 APOC >>>>>>>>>> BROVURA/AMANO LOL NOOB. Yeah and that drk who uses iota ring, cerb 1, tremedic or w/e trash scythe on cerb needs to be shot, bet there wasnt any other DD on it, else he would have lost hate under a min. BUT, considering Your shell, Unity, which surpasses the ability of sucking, idk man, I just dont really know. And also, that drk seems abit over geared when it comes to Unity. However, that doesnt change the fact that there wasnt any other DD on it, and if there was, god damn they were bad. That chicken was pretty good, anyways, off to zzz before work. edit: > N head > Fafnir > 2007

Well in terms of damage believe me I know apoc is behind other relics. I mainly drk as tank actually lol. I mean there are situations where I go dd like einherjar/dynamis btu that's about it.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 15:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
wtf? haven't beaten cop yet at this point in game
care to offer mission help? If not, don't talk down to me for not completing non-soloable content.
Carbuncle.Xandor said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
^says FFXIAH troll #1

hai
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
Server: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-06-21 15:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

This game is all about getting better at battle challenges and obtaining better gear for yourself. If you had everything in the game and had beaten everything in the game... what exactly would you log on to do...? Yes, yes... socialize and help others but... a game needs to challenge you. Being gimp doesn't make someone less of a player, it just means they have a lot more game to still play ^^!

Elitists, please stfu and go play something else if you've already reached the apex of your FFXI career! Or be arrogant more quietly... either or.

Update needs to finish so I can get the *** back into salvage and get the 25 piece to finish my Usu head!
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2010-06-21 15:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Steam you really need to stop sniffing so much glue your giving people a headache with your stupid comments.

Maybe go and actually try to tank something - come back and then post * shrug.

pps: as the coloured pic was a bit to smart for you to understand - perhaps we may try a video... blm/nin tanking byakko in 2008 - o noes its not a pld!! QQ quick someone get Steam who does not tank jack ***to make a troll post and win the internet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HywIWjRnZJ8

Carbuncle.Xandor
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-06-21 15:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Gira said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

This game is all about getting better at battle challenges and obtaining better gear for yourself. If you had everything in the game and had beaten everything in the game... what exactly would you log on to do...? Yes, yes... socialize and help others but... a game needs to challenge you. Being gimp doesn't make someone less of a player, it just means they have a lot more game to still play ^^!

Elitists, please stfu and go play something else if you've already reached the apex of your FFXI career! Or be arrogant more quietly... either or.

Update needs to finish so I can get the *** back into salvage and get the 25 piece to finish my Usu head!

Just funny when someone like dubont that always have something witty/mean/unnessesary to say about everyone else doesnt even have swift belt lolz.

Less trolling, more CoP. k?
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 15:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xandor said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Just funny when someone like dubont that always have something witty/mean/unnessesary to say about everyone else doesnt even have swift belt lolz.

Less trolling, more CoP. k?
I troll ppl for being stupid. Not having access b/c lack of capable friends that still play is completely different. With that being said, if you aren't to offer help, you have no room to talk.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-06-21 15:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Square Enix's Absolute Virtue kill. What's that? They used RDM tanks? oh, guys, no more RDM tanking cause that's like totally against what SE would do.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xandor
By Carbuncle.Xandor 2010-06-21 15:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
I troll ppl for being stupid. Not having access b/c lack of capable friends that still play is completely different. With that being said, if you aren't to offer help, you have no room to talk.

get better friends, its not that hard etc etc
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 15:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xandor said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

get better friends, its not that hard etc etc

well played...well played
 Leviathan.Aneu
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 15:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I met someone yesterday that doesn't even have CoP... no lie >< Met that person in a BCNM group with my friend, had him shout a third. So that person has ToAU and not CoP, my friend was going to take him to Oldton to Escape and the guy said I don't have CoP.