Rdm Tanking Nerf..... ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » rdm tanking nerf..... ?
rdm tanking nerf..... ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2010-06-21 13:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
Carbuncle.Aliceisback said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Enmity generation for the following spells has been adjusted: Sleep / Sleep II / Dispel / Blind / Blind II / Bind hmmmm any views on the rdm tank being so 75 ; ;
FIND A HALF DECENT PALADIN AND STOP QQ what a bunch of crybabies
You have any idea how hard that is O_O
O yeah that's right forgot that 1/2 the players in this game don't have a IQ above 50.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 13:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:
Also, your Catastrophe set says enough, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha.
I'd like to know what's wrong with it. Other than missing N head which I've just never been able to lot. Please inform me since you've demonstrated a mastery of the game thus far in this thread.
Haven't really looked at your set but nocturnus helm is better than Nhead anyways for cata
 Asura.Izilder
Server: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2010-06-21 13:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Reading Steams brain farts on tanking makes me feel nauseous - im also sure a cute bunny in the world somewhere just died.
 Leviathan.Aneu
Server: Leviathan
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 13:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Enmity generation for the following spells has been adjusted: Sleep / Sleep II / Dispel / Blind / Blind II / Bind hmmmm any views on the rdm tank being so 75 ; ;
O yeah that's right forgot that 1/2 the players in this game don't have a IQ above 50.

As if that didn't cover my point, make a Levi char sometime and see the enormous amount of Askar head/hands PLDs, nothing says "I hold hate" like gimped utsu timers xD
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2010-06-21 13:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: Nvm!
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 13:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:

I'd like to know what's wrong with it. Other than missing N head which I've just never been able to lot. Please inform me since you've demonstrated a mastery of the game thus far in this thread.

You should know cata is more attack than str.
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=130597 seems to be a pretty good set. Tho needs more cerb +1, Might also swap fierce belt and heca legs +1, Tho ares legs are pretty nice.
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2010-06-21 13:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
Leviathan.Aneu said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
As if that didn't cover my point, make a Levi char sometime and see the enormous amount of Askar head/hands PLDs, nothing says "I hold hate" like gimped utsu timers xD
Wow levi was be hella busy in nyzul.
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 13:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Izilderp, hows Unity :D
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 13:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Honestly, how do u have PW title and not basic end game strategy steam? I kinda feel insulted. I hope to god they didn't give you any gear from it cause that ***just got wasted.
Your apoc seems to be a much bigger waste lol.
Yea, You have no idea how many people see my town gear and assume it's what I use. I guess everyone thinks I TP in W.legs and ares body. You should see the times I run around in parade gorget when not fighting to regain MP. Drives noobs nuts but hey tards will be tards. I think more than likely you're looking for something more to troll about in order to justify the fact that what you have said thus far in this thread has already been refuted and you're clearly wrong. I understand though, generally when people run out of logical arguments they resort to this tactic. kudos.
If you posted your gear sets as your town gear, sure thing. Because they are, you know man, lol.

They arent my complete gearsets lol. I made them in a rush to fix my windower macros. I can list my gearsets for you u wish:

Non-aftermath tp:
Apoc
polegrip (Sword strap when /nin)
Fire bomblet
Wturban
PCC
Aesier earring
Brutal
Hauberk +1 (ares body when capped accuracy)
Homam hands
Blitz ring
Rajas ring
Forager's mantle
Swift belt
Homam pants
Homam feet

Aftermath tp
Apoc
polegrip (sword strap when /nin)
Fire bomblet
Ace's helm
PCC
aesier earring
Brutal earring
Hauberk+1 or ares body when capped accuracy
Homam hands
Ulthalam's ring
Rajas' ring
Forager's mantle
Swift belt
Homam pants
Aurrum feet

Catastrophe VS merit mobs
Apoc
Polegrip
bomb cor
Chaos head+1 (my LS sells Nhead and i've never gotten one 4 years of HNM)
Soil gorget
Aesir earring
Brutal earring
Are's body
Heca hands
Flame ring
Rajas ring
Forager's mantle
Warwolf belt
Black cuisses
Heca feet

Most notably you'll notice my cata gear is STR based and not attack based like most people's. I use +str because I merit a lot and it is harder to achive the FSTR cap on merit mobs than it is the PDif cap. This means stacking str would give me a higher return in damage than stacking attack.

Please correct me where I'm wrong. Obviously I'm missing a few items due to spending most of my time in my HNM shell building the relic rather than lotting Ebodys and stuff. I think you'll find that it's pretty much flawless -upgrades.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 13:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah looked at the set now and it seems you completely forgot the stat mods on cata. Both int and agi will add more to dmg than str. About 3 of the stat would be a little less than 4 str.
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 13:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
Leviathan.Aneu said:
Asura.Jaybezz said:
Wow levi was be hella busy in nyzul.

Sad to say I don't even think they're mostly Levi natives as far as this problem is concerned. There was a LOT of them on Remora before merge :D
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 14:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Honestly, how do u have PW title and not basic end game strategy steam? I kinda feel insulted. I hope to god they didn't give you any gear from it cause that ***just got wasted.
Yea, You have no idea how many people see my town gear and assume it's what I use. I guess everyone thinks I TP in W.legs and ares body. You should see the times I run around in parade gorget when not fighting to regain MP. Drives noobs nuts but hey tards will be tards. I think more than likely you're looking for something more to troll about in order to justify the fact that what you have said thus far in this thread has already been refuted and you're clearly wrong. I understand though, generally when people run out of logical arguments they resort to this tactic. kudos.
If you posted your gear sets as your town gear, sure thing. Because they are, you know man, lol.

They arent my complete gearsets lol. I made them in a rush to fix my windower macros. I can list my gearsets for you u wish:

Non-aftermath tp:
Apoc
Fire bomblet
Wturban
PCC
Aesier earring
Brutal
Hauberk 1 (ares body when capped accuracy)
Homam hands
Blitz ring
Rajas ring
Forager's mantle
Swift belt
Homam pants
Homam feet

Aftermath tp
Apoc
Fire bomblet
Ace's helm
PCC
aesier earring
Brutal earring
Hauberk 1 or ares body when capped accuracy
Homam hands
Ulthalam's ring
Rajas' ring
Forager's mantle
Swift belt
Homam pants
Aurrum feet

Apoc
Polegrip
bomb cor
Chaos head 1 (my LS sells Nhead and i've never gotten one 4 years of HNM)
Soil gorget
Aesir earring
Brutal earring
Are's body
Heca hands
Flame ring
Rajas ring
Forager's mantle
Warwolf belt
Black cuisses
Heca feet

Most notably you'll notice my cata gear is STR based and not attack based like most people's. I use str because I merit a lot and it is harder to achive the FSTR cap on merit mobs than it is the PDif cap. This means stacking str would give me a higher return in damage than stacking attack.

Please correct me where I'm wrong. Obviously I'm missing a few items due to spending most of my time in my HNM shell building the relic rather than lotting Ebodys and stuff. I think you'll find that it's pretty much flawless -upgrades.

K broseph
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Yeah looked at the set now and it seems you completely forgot the stat mods on cata. Both int and agi will add more to dmg than str. About 3 of the stat would be a little less than 4 str.

yea you dont stack AGL or INT for cata its fail lol. Maybe against mobs where you're FSTR and pidf are already capped but that isn't the case vs anything end game ever.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-21 14:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jaybezz said:

PLD is still the worst tank on 95% of the mobs. ALL current hnms will be pussies at 80 anyway, who gives a ***. Tanking fafnir is like tanking a merit mob. Why do you need pld ?
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 14:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of us liked being able to tank on other jobs and do RDM lowman. I already have a half decent Paladin, I ain't gonna stop tanking...
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 14:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

the god of Leviathan has spoke. PLD sucks. So it is said, so it shall be.

>.>
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2010-06-21 14:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

people dont rise to Steam - guys a *** trolling who dont even tank ***

btw did someone say they *** with aquaveil spell as well??better not *** be.
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:
You should know cata is more attack than str. http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=130597 seems to be a pretty good set. Tho needs more cerb 1, Might also swap fierce belt and heca legs 1, Tho ares legs are pretty nice.

According to the stats calculator I have 10 more str and the same ammount of attack as him. Hmm better read ***before u troll lol.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:
You should know cata is more attack than str. http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=130597 seems to be a pretty good set. Tho needs more cerb 1, Might also swap fierce belt and heca legs 1, Tho ares legs are pretty nice.
According to the stats calculator I have 10 more str and the same ammount of attack as him. Hmm better read ***before u troll lol.

Also, You're aware that double attack doesn't get the accuracy bonus on single hit WSs right? So stackign double attack for cata is moot because more often than not it would miss. You get a higher return through average WSs by stacking STR or attack. This has been proven in many parses. I would wager the guy using that set has not done any research regarding this but uses it because omgfullaresleet. Unfortionately the best gear in this game doesnt translate to the difficulty to obtain it. I'm sure he also TPs in ace's helm on his non aftermath set because herpderp 7 acc >1% haste always. /sarcasm
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 14:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
yea you dont stack AGL or INT for cata its fail lol. Maybe against mobs where you're FSTR and pidf are already capped but that isn't the case vs anything end game ever.
I was talking about uncapped fstr. Uncapped 1 str adds .25 to base dmg. Capped it gives 0.

1 agi or 1 int adds .332 to base dmg always. Do the math. 1agi or int will pretty much always be better than 1 str at 75. No idea how the alpha will change at 99
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 14:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I have lost all hope with you. And Izildur aint even worth noting.

Anyways, Ask Armada of Asura if you want to know how to properly equip our drk, he is pretty skilled and aint a total numbnut as youself, peace out.
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-21 14:14:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Asura.Steam said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:

Non-aftermath tp:
Apoc
Fire bomblet
Wturban
PCC
Aesier earring
Brutal
Hauberk 1 (ares body when capped accuracy)
Homam hands
Blitz ring
Rajas ring
Forager's mantle
Swift belt
Homam pants
Homam feet

Aftermath tp
Apoc
Fire bomblet
Ace's helm
PCC
aesier earring
Brutal earring
Hauberk 1 or ares body when capped accuracy
Homam hands
Ulthalam's ring
Rajas' ring
Forager's mantle
Swift belt
Homam pants
Aurrum feet

Apoc
Polegrip
bomb cor
Chaos head 1 (my LS sells Nhead and i've never gotten one 4 years of HNM)
Soil gorget
Aesir earring
Brutal earring
Are's body
Heca hands
Flame ring
Rajas ring
Forager's mantle
Warwolf belt
Black cuisses
Heca feet

Most notably you'll notice my cata gear is STR based and not attack based like most people's. I use str because I merit a lot and it is harder to achive the FSTR cap on merit mobs than it is the PDif cap. This means stacking str would give me a higher return in damage than stacking attack.

For someone who has a relic weapon, but no ebody, speed belt/Velocious Belt or justice torque. Makes me wonder. Oh and you must have a nice ls that sells stuff before the ls members get the items.
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I was talking about uncapped fstr. Uncapped 1 str adds .25 to base dmg. Capped it gives 0. 1 agi or 1 int adds .332 to base dmg always. Do the math. 1agi or int will pretty much always be better than 1 str at 75. No idea how the alpha will change at 99

Do you also take into account that + str = additional attack that also increases the pdif? I mean I've never been insanely mathy at the WS formulas.

Edit: never mind you're right guys, I should have lotted Ebody, Vbelt, and justice torque BEFORE i made apoc. Because having those 3 items would totally contribute more to drk overall than finishing the relic. Yea that makes sense. You ever consider that after I finished I'm going back to get them? Jesus people on this game are dumb.

Afk calling my aegis pld friends who made aegis without already having Dring. Those *** noobs.
 Siren.Krystale
Server: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-21 14:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

@ excalior, I'm a noob DRK but most ppl told me to do attack > STR.I was using STR while lvling thill some1 told me to go attack instead, were they wrong?

Edit: been 75 for like 2 years and still gimp, Im a mage woman but enjoy drk :p
 Asura.Izilder
By Asura.Izilder 2010-06-21 14:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

steam your fail - you dont tank jack ***and your just trolling for the sake of it ...

i would go on to post why a drk or many other jobs /nin can generate hate and "tank" but not for your stupid arse so i will just leave you with a coloured in picture ..

ps : drks cant "tank" mokay

who mentioned the gimping of aquaveil come back so i can cut you !
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-06-21 14:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I was talking about uncapped fstr. Uncapped 1 str adds .25 to base dmg. Capped it gives 0. 1 agi or 1 int adds .332 to base dmg always. Do the math. 1agi or int will pretty much always be better than 1 str at 75. No idea how the alpha will change at 99

Do you also take into account that str = additional attack that also increases the pdif? I mean I've never been insanely mathy at the WS formulas.

Edit: never mind you're right guys, I should have lotted Ebody, Vbelt, and justice torque BEFORE i made apoc. Because having those 3 items would totally contribute more to drk overall than finishing the relic. Yea that makes sense. You ever consider that after I finished I'm going back to get them? Jesus people on this game are dumb.

Afk calling my aegis pld friends who made aegis without already having Dring. Those *** noobs.

looks like you are the dumb one here. Those Items are easier to get and benefit other jobs that arent drk only
[+]
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:23:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Krystale said:
@ excalior, I'm a noob DRK but most ppl told me to do attack > STR.I was using STR while lvling thill some1 told me to go attack instead, were they wrong? Edit: been 75 for like 2 years and still gimp, Im a mage woman but enjoy drk :p

I'm not sure what you're asking. They say to use Atk for cata because it doesn't have Pdif mod like spinning slash. My counter argument was that in most cases you can recieve attack buffs which will almost let you cap Pdif which in return means that STR would contribute more than attack by bringing you close the FSTR cap while contributing a lesser ammount of attack. IDK if that made any sense how I worded it. If you're using guilliotine I would definately gear for 95% accuracy > str. If you're going for spinning slash I'd gear for STR. Obviously this is all dependingo n your buffs and in many cases ATK can out perform STR on very hard mobs. I generally don't play drk without full support though so I always have attack buffs.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 14:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Excelior said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Do you also take into account that str = additional attack that also increases the pdif? I mean I've never been insanely mathy at the WS formulas.
That's much harder to do since you would need to know how much your base dmg is and mob def your attack lvl diff etc to compare the 2. And even then it's a range for pdif. But the amount attack added isn't that much. In really low pdif situations sure. But yeah that's why I said 4str is a little better than 3 stat. Not because of rounding down of the stat but because of the attack factor.

Either way not including agi/int into your ws is kinda lame. Especially since there are slots that give you both str and a stat in decent amounts (sometimes even attack too). Or just really large amounts of one or the other. And yeah it's only a few slots and a few peices but it still matters.

Noctunris helm is definitely better for one. Um think there are some good agi/str gloves etc idk haven't checked
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 14:26:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen relics without vbelt, sea torque, ebody that are still great players. So he has stuff to get to be perfectly geared, oh well...
 Cerberus.Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 14:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea rafike you're a tard. Apocalypse contributes more damage overall than What Ebody, Vbelt and Jtorque would add to drk. Also the fact you even mentioned Jtorque shows a lack of understanding because in any situation where you are not capped accuracy peacock charm would outperform it. Also, I'm aware they help other jobs but if you took the time to look at the jobs I play in end game you would see they would be for my DRK only. /gasp. I appologize my isn't perfect because I chose to do a relic first. All the gearsets are logical and best I can do with current resources until I get the additional items. Guess what I'm camping for ebody now? Gee wilikers. I would think more than likely you're just butt hurt/jealous idk.

edit; Holy crap I have been trolled.