Rdm Tanking Nerf..... ?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » rdm tanking nerf..... ?
rdm tanking nerf..... ?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-21 13:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

why are ppl saying rdm nin (and drk) tanks are dead? No one even knows by how much the enmity was decreased. Hell, no one know if it was decreased, it might have been increased! Not likely, but yeah...
 Asura.Steam
Server: Asura
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 13:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Steam said:
Even blu is a better tank than drk, drk is a useless tp feeder (excluding zergs duh) and a no good of a tank.
Can I just say flat out that you have no idea what you are talking about?

lol, brb traveling back in time
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 13:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Asura.Steam said:
Even blu is a better tank than drk, drk is a useless tp feeder (excluding zergs duh) and a no good of a tank.
Can I just say flat out that you have no idea what you are talking about?

lol, brb traveling back in time
let me know if you find a brain while you're there.
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-21 13:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM tanking is soooooooooo 2006. If your LS use RDM tanks, you should tell them to use monks or pups or.. w/e melee. Just because RDM is (was?) better than PLD doesn't mean it was a good tank in the first place. On anything that takes melee damage, a DD is superior. I'm more concernerd about aquaveil. I think they want to prevent RDM from capping.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-21 13:20:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
why are ppl saying rdm nin (and drk) tanks are dead? No one even knows by how much the enmity was decreased. Hell, no one know if it was decreased, it might have been increased! Not likely, but yeah...
this^
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-06-21 13:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You all seem to forget BLU exists as a tank, but you learn soon enough.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 13:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
or pups

pup is not one of the original 6 jobs, it sucks though!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-06-21 13:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't read it all but "adjusted" doesn't necessarily mean nerf. Could be boosting because of all the new abilities we're getting.
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 13:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, if a drk/nin tried to tank w/o engaging, he would only have enmity tools like what, stun/bind/blind (if they even have bind and blind, cant remember, doesnt matter)? not nearly enough. And Scythe WSs suck for dmg so they cant even get enmity from that ( see sam, hurrr, 500-1.5k WSs depending on mob every 15s, hello).

So yeah, DRK tank is dead. And PLD just cant keep up with DPS enmity from samurai, neither can any job tbh. So yeah, there you have it kids, you are welcome.

Welcome to 2010.
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 13:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, before someone tries to suggest drk/sam or something, lol.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 13:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
RDM tanking is soooooooooo 2006. If your LS use RDM tanks, you should tell them to use monks or pups or.. w/e melee. Just because RDM is (was?) better than PLD doesn't mean it was a good tank in the first place. On anything that takes melee damage, a DD is superior. I'm more concernerd about aquaveil. I think they want to prevent RDM from capping.
my LS uses RDM as tanks in some situations and the job gets done without death unless someone *** up. Whats wrong about that? Nothing.
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
or pups

pup doesn't suck but pup isn't a tank by any means. Pchan just can't get over the fact that pup and mnk aren't the best jobs in the game lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Aneu
user: Luz
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 13:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

People who have no idea what generates CE and VE, or how DRK tanks work... should stop passing their opinion as fact.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 13:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's a shame DRK can't use a weapon with a strong singlehit weaponskill. That would be crazy!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 13:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you go from fighting lvl 85 to say just lvl 90 mobs usually the emnity gained from dmg goes down by 5-6%.

While emnity from curing going from lvl 75 to lvl 80 target is about the same amount.
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2010-06-21 13:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dubont said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
my LS uses RDM as tanks in some situations and the job gets done without death unless someone *** up. Whats wrong about that? Nothing.
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
or pups

pup doesn't suck but pup isn't a tank by any means. Pchan just can't get over the fact that pup and mnk aren't the best jobs in the game lol

hes secretly got a fetish for fisting when you put it that way dubont :P lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 13:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
You know, if a drk/nin tried to tank w/o engaging, he would only have enmity tools like what, stun/bind/blind (if they even have bind and blind, cant remember, doesnt matter)? not nearly enough. And Scythe WSs suck for dmg so they cant even get enmity from that ( see sam, hurrr, 500-1.5k WSs depending on mob every 15s, hello).

So yeah, DRK tank is dead. And PLD just cant keep up with DPS enmity from samurai, neither can any job tbh. So yeah, there you have it kids, you are welcome.

Welcome to 2010.
yea lol it really is official. You don't know how to play this game >.> DRK ws suck? DRK doesn't have any good hate tools? Did you buy your account too or are just stupid?
[+]
 Siren.Krystale
Server: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-21 13:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Ls dont really uses rdm to tank, its more ppl that like to tank as rdm caus its kind of a challenge.Dont know any Ls that would say *** off pld just rdm tank here!
Btw I got in a ls where almost everything was zerged, didnt even needed a tank..
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2010-06-21 13:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM TANK DEAD LOL heres a song for all the PLDs!
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-21 13:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Yeah, it's a shame DRK can't use a weapon with a strong singlehit weaponskill. That would be crazy!

What has single hit to do with anything ¿
 Cerberus.Excelior
Server: Cerberus
user: Excelior
By Cerberus.Excelior 2010-06-21 13:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
You know, if a drk/nin tried to tank w/o engaging, he would only have enmity tools like what, stun/bind/blind (if they even have bind and blind, cant remember, doesnt matter)? not nearly enough. And Scythe WSs suck for dmg so they cant even get enmity from that ( see sam, hurrr, 500-1.5k WSs depending on mob every 15s, hello). So yeah, DRK tank is dead. And PLD just cant keep up with DPS enmity from samurai, neither can any job tbh. So yeah, there you have it kids, you are welcome. Welcome to 2010.

Drk holds hate without engaging better than pld with atonement and engaging. Herpderplearntoemnity. Once you reach the cap all that matters is staying capped. The ability to spam spells to keep yourself there is tanking. Also, if you're a drk tank on something like HNM you're probably Tping in soul eater which way out damages most sams. Drk/nin will out damage most jobs on Cerberus/fafnir/nidhogg/tiamat fairly easily if used correctly. I guess by dead you mean its not on wikipedia's strategy list, which I'm assuming is where 99% of end game shells these days get their tactics from but I assure you you are mistaken sir.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 13:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
You know, if a drk/nin tried to tank w/o engaging, he would only have enmity tools like what, stun/bind/blind (if they even have bind and blind, cant remember, doesnt matter)? not nearly enough.

Stun Souleater Last Resort Bind Sleep Sleep II Aspir ABS-spells etc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 13:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Again with the account-buying accusations Dub? And Krystale hasn't met Thorny yet :D
 Leviathan.Aneu
By Leviathan.Aneu 2010-06-21 13:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Asura.Steam said:
You know, if a drk/nin tried to tank w/o engaging, he would only have enmity tools like what, stun/bind/blind (if they even have bind and blind, cant remember, doesnt matter)? not nearly enough.

Stun Souleater Last Resort Bind Sleep Sleep II Aspir ABS-spells etc.

Raen is made o' win ^^
 Asura.Steam
By Asura.Steam 2010-06-21 13:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Indeed, all their WSs are piss *** weak. Even scourge is lolololololololo. Tho even if it was any good it would still lack the store tp to be of any use, unless you take out the survivability.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 13:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

If you're not getting sufficient acc/attack buffs for Scythe weaponskills to be useful, it would likely be more useful to use a Greatsword and Spinning Slash. Catastrophe is of course the exception but this being a relic weaponskill...
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-06-21 13:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The best way to tank an hnm that you don't want to tp feed will be a wall which you will trick attack. Anything that has high HP/magic def/melee damage down/cap haste will work. Inbefore monk in full AF2 and double march on AV.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-06-21 13:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Steam said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

Indeed, all their WSs are piss *** weak. Even scourge is lolololololololo. Tho even if it was any good it would still lack the store tp to be of any use, unless you take out the survivability.

I don't think the difference between SS and Tachi: Gekko is as big as you make it out to be, especially given DRK has superior melee DoT.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-21 13:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Aneu said:
Again with the account-buying accusations Dub? And Krystale hasn't met Thorny yet :D
well for anyone that is THAT stupid about the game...and insists that they are right...there are 2 explanations, ABd to 75 using bought gil or a bought account.

Why would anyone want to meet Thorny...?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-21 13:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
If you're not getting sufficient acc/attack buffs for Scythe weaponskills to be useful, it would likely be more useful to use a Greatsword and Spinning Slash. Catastrophe is of course the exception but this being a relic weaponskill...
Spiral hell!!!

Have fun storing tp ;)