RDM boycott on new update
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-17 11:30:59
Link | Quote | Reply

What did rdm get? they get 5 more lvls of enfeeb skill. that's what, i'm happy.
[+]
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-17 11:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i dunno . probly 15+ . 3 per Lv ? 4 per ?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-06-17 11:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Lets talk about this instead

w@?
tie=\=win?
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-06-17 11:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
i dunno . probly 15 . 3 per Lv ? 4 per ?

Its 5 per lvl at 75'ish, assumeing the same then 25 lvls of enfeeb. But 1-50, 50-75 is different. so hopefully 75-80 is 6-8 lvls per.
 Bismarck.Taheenaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Taheenaa
By Bismarck.Taheenaa 2010-06-17 11:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing big, I've been waiting for enlight and endark spells for years -.-; Maybe some basic water spikes or wind spikes.

That's not game breaking.

:(
 Siren.Miayoko
Server: Siren
user: Miayoko
By Siren.Miayoko 2010-06-17 11:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, not pegging all RDM's in this category but most of them I know will Q.Q about anything and everything they can crying SE hates them.

Imo its still one of the best solo jobs in the game and the fact that we can solo things other jobs have trouble/still can't.

Sorry, I just can't see why so many RDM's are Q.Qing about this update...I just can't...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2010-06-17 11:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Lets talk about this instead

w@?

and it was a fluke goal they got to tie it anyways lol
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2010-06-17 11:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Taheenaa said:
Nothing big, I've been waiting for enlight and endark spells for years -.-; Maybe some basic water spikes or wind spikes. That's not game breaking. :(
Ragnarok.Kongming said:
aquaveil/blink/stoneskin are the water/wind/earth versions of "spikes" as for enlight and endark, keep waiting.

Fire->Blaze Spikes
Ice->Ice Spikes
Wind->Blink
Earth->Stoneskin
Thunder->Shock Spikes
Water->Aquaveil
Light->Protect/Shell
Dark->Dread Spikes
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-17 12:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kolvar said:
We have some solo ability but nothing like BLU or DNC, especially DNC after update.
Dude, are you serious?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 12:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kolvar said:
We have some solo ability but nothing like BLU or DNC, especially DNC after update.
Best post in the history of the internet.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-06-17 12:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Ninetales said:
Lakshmi.Kolvar said:
Dude, are you serious?
lol'd.

I'm a pretty good blu, probably in the top 1-2%. I'm also a pretty ***rdm. Yet there are still things I can solo on rdm that I can't solo on blu. RDM has by far the best solo ability in the game. RDM strategies are a LOT different to BLU strategies though, so while BLU can get easy chain 5's on imps and solo certain things really well, and decently fast, RDM can still solo probably everything a BLU can, and a LOT more.

DNC I have no idea.
 Bismarck.Cordareo
user: Cordareo
By Bismarck.Cordareo 2010-06-17 12:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kolvar said:

waaaat....
 Bismarck.Taheenaa
By Bismarck.Taheenaa 2010-06-17 12:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM "solo ablility" is strictly outliving something for hours.
[+]
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-17 12:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Did I miss something? 'cause I mean, if we solo better than RDM now, I have a certain doll's/cactuar's/and moar's butts to get revenge on.
[+]
 Fairy.Alraunne
Server: Fairy
user: Alraunne
By Fairy.Alraunne 2010-06-17 12:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Taheenaa said:
RDM "solo ablility" is strictly outliving something for hours.

I giggle'd

It's true but it works on pretty much everything else that other jobs' solo strategies don't work on.
[+]
 Bismarck.Taheenaa
By Bismarck.Taheenaa 2010-06-17 12:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:
Bismarck.Taheenaa said:
Nothing big, I've been waiting for enlight and endark spells for years -.-; Maybe some basic water spikes or wind spikes. That's not game breaking. :(
Ragnarok.Kongming said:
aquaveil/blink/stoneskin are the water/wind/earth versions of "spikes" as for enlight and endark, keep waiting.

Fire->Blaze Spikes
Ice->Ice Spikes
Wind->Blink
Earth->Stoneskin
Thunder->Shock Spikes
Water->Aquaveil
Light->Protect/Shell
Dark->Dread Spikes

Haste is also Thunder based, Regen-Light...spikes meaning deals damage & has %chance to enflict:[stuffs] when hit. Everything has a base element regardless. :)
[+]
 Shiva.Gylfie
Server: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2010-06-17 13:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Haste is wind based D: quote won't work :|
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
Server: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 13:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

*** RDM, Cor gets 2 awesome rolls now and I'm fkn happy. To the people QQing, deez nutz.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-06-17 13:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
What did rdm get? they get 5 more lvls of enfeeb skill. that's what, i'm happy.

This. People tend to forget we can...you know, debuff the ***out of things the best.

I'm actually more happy that other jobs can excel more in healing power because this gives RDM that chance to flesh itself out in other areas and not just be a healbitch like it's been emphasized to be for the last 4 years. Next update I'mma go destroy things with some of the new Tier 4 nukes with a manaburn party and keep up Composure-boosted buffs while doing it.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-17 14:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rellz said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Bismarck.Rellz said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
daddyrabbit4444 said:
hey rdm is getting regen 2, IM HAPPY!!!! regen 2 composure=UBER!!!!!
Hell.. RDM as sub job, I/m even Happy for Refresh!!!!! HAHAHA GO! GO! BLU/RDM ftw!!!!
Not Until the level cap is increased again. Blu will have refresh as a subjob @ lv82
awl.. I /phailz... =p rofl..... its cool , I'll wait!
You ever try out SCH sub? Ive duoed with a blu/sch and he like never ran out of MP. Think i will try that sometime. Sublimination Alacrity (I think it was?) Aspir, MP Drainkiss near endless mp

Really?? 0.o ooooooooooh I lovethe sound of being your own MP leech!!! i heard that once.. I think the idea flew over myhead.. Reminds me to open the job and actually lvl it. Couldnt hurt maybe trying it as a sub too for blm??
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-17 14:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Its people like the OP that make me feel sorry for SE.. They really seem to try to please us sometimes, and people still aren't *** happy.

Honestly though, unless most of the playerbase (Endgame in particular, where SE make their real money with the people who aren't going to quit forever are) back you in saying "Yes, RDM isn't currently something SE pulled out of the bowels of hell after Tanaka battled wits, strength and also who can recite the first Lord Of the Rings movie without a mistake with Cerberus so the rest of SE could get past, to find RDM sat in a dark corner DoTing Satan to death" your incessent bitching does nothing more than to make you look like an idiot.

You don't need anything else, you are getting some great subjob options, new gear, and some new nukes, which may or may not help RDM, nobody knows as of yet, it has been years since the last level cap increase so the roles could be changed before 99, SE give us the content, we bend it to what we can (See: Ninja), which can be completely not what SE envisioned.

/rantoff

Def. good point here. SE has other new jobs that just came with Wings of the goddess expansion... why not try those as subs and manipulate them to your needs? Or try with the others??? There musta been a reason why SE has done this with the new updates..

Also.. this is a 10 yr old game, don't forget!!!
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-17 14:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG! Brd doesnt get a new ja!? I'm pissed.
Not really.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-17 14:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Really?? 0.o ooooooooooh I lovethe sound of being your own MP leech!!! i heard that once.. I think the idea flew over myhead.. Reminds me to open the job and actually lvl it. Couldnt hurt maybe trying it as a sub too for blm??
I do it in Campaign all the time, situationally Nyzul too. It's amazing in Campaign; almost impossible to run out of MP with it. /DNC works well too (especially when you can't Aspir), but I enjoy BLU/SCH more and either one will get you capped EXP/AN easily.

BLM/SCH is really situational. Lack of Stoneskin, Phalanx, and Gravity sucks.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-06-17 14:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Rdm will be getting Tier IV nukes to me that already show its gonna be a great time to be a RDM... that on top of the added enfeeb skills almost anything else would have made RDM broken. Let's not also forget composure was a huge addition to the job.

And to comment about RDMs not using enfeeb magic I can see this in merit parties but in every other situation RDM should be using enfeebs also :)
 Lakshmi.Kalico
user: baralai
By Lakshmi.Kalico 2010-06-17 14:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pointlessly started a new thread about this >.< sorry, deleted it now, but here is what I think about all this:

I know that a lot of people are bitching/dissapointed by all jobs getting new spells/JAs but RDM only getting Regen, Protect V and some nukes (which isn't that bad), but I think there is a pretty big issue no-one has mentioned yet.

Composure + Accession + Haste on yourself = ...?

Is it possible that everyone in the AoE will get the triple length Haste you would normally get from Composure? If this is the case then RDMs efficiency while doing a Haste/Refresh cycle will be increased beyond that of any other job in the upcoming updates.

Sure WHM and SCH will possibly get access to Refresh and Haste (for SCH) but they will not have this potential ability to increase the spells duration by three times thus saving a large amount of MP.

This is why my fellow RDMs shouldn't ***; SCHs may get an AoE refresh, but ours will last three times as long if I am right.

Thoughts? would seem slightly wierd if the spells you cast on yourself will last longer on you than the rest of those caught in the AoE.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-17 14:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kalico said:
Pointlessly started a new thread about this >.< sorry, deleted it now, but here is what I think about all this:

I know that a lot of people are bitching/dissapointed by all jobs getting new spells/JAs but RDM only getting Protect V and some nukes, but I think there is a pretty big issue no-one has mentioned yet.

Composure Accession Haste on yourself = ...?

Is it possible that everyone in the AoE will get the triple length Haste you would normally get from Composure? If this is the case then RDMs efficiency while doing a Haste/Refresh cycle will be increased beyond that of any other job in the upcoming updates.

Sure WHM and SCH will possibly get access to Refresh and Haste (for SCH) but they will not have this potential ability to increase the spells duration by three times thus saving a large amount of MP.

This is why my fellow RDMs shouldn't ***; SCHs may get an AoE refresh, but ours will last three times as long if I am right.

Thoughts? would seem slightly wierd if the spells you cast on yourself will last longer on you than the rest of those caught in the AoE.

It's viable.
 Lakshmi.Ricco
user: Ricco
By Lakshmi.Ricco 2010-06-17 14:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kalico said:

I know that a lot of people are bitching/dissapointed by all jobs getting new spells/JAs but RDM only getting Regen, Protect V and some nukes (which isn't that bad), but I think there is a pretty big issue no-one has mentioned yet.

Composure Accession Haste on yourself = ...?

oh nice I didnt think about the whole accession + composure maybe adding length to aoe spells that sounds nice but I doubt SE would allow that lol :(
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15