Should I Liquidate My Gear? (Another LV99 Thread)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Should I Liquidate my Gear? (Another LV99 Thread)
Should I Liquidate my Gear? (Another LV99 Thread)
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Authority
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Authority
By Phoenix.Authority 2010-03-01 15:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well with the level cap going up, I'm sure there is going to be a lot more gear coming into the game which is causing me to worry. Having millions in gear could all of the sudden turn to having hundreds of thousands in gear depending on how SE handles this.

What do you guys think? Is now the time to buy expensive gear, sell expensive gear, or not worry at all? I'm really interested in what people have to say.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-01 15:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Upcoming Magian quests. Look it up.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 15:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Old world will still be capped at 75. No reason to get rid of your gear. Calm down everyone, it will be okay. Take a deep breath.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-01 15:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on the gear. And even then completely unknown since we wont know how much the new gear will be an improvement of. What things you can use to do that super augment thing. Etc.

My vote high acc peices will still probably do good as well as haste. HQ staffs will always be king. Stuff with high amounts of stats like Haub or errant probably still good
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-01 15:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Old world will still be capped at 75. No reason to get rid of your gear. Calm down everyone, it will be okay. Take a deep breath.
Have they actually announced that or is this still speculation?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-01 15:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Speculation.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-01 15:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SELL SELL SELL!!!
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 15:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Have they actually announced that or is this still speculation?
The king has stated it.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 15:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
SELL SELL SELL!!!
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-01 15:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I see 7 haguns on AH currently... I think equipment liquidations are coming.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 15:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:

do you have any evidence at all to support this
[+]
 Unicorn.Sasura
Server: Unicorn
user: Sasura
By Unicorn.Sasura 2010-03-01 15:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

I hope people realize they'll be gimping themselves for the next few months if they're selling all their 75 gear right now. Unless they have a better (or almost equal alternative), they're gimping themselves at least until June. Depending on when in June (like say June 30th...), that could be almost 4 months.

Assuming 75 gear will still work decently for level 80 or low 80's range (can't imagine the first cap increase going beyond that). They could be gimping themselves til September, a good half a year away.
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-01 15:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Asura.Dameshi said:

do you have any evidence at all to support this
Sadly no. Merely rumor. I apologize for spreading them further.
 Phoenix.Authority
By Phoenix.Authority 2010-03-01 15:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

12 blau dolch on AH. and isnt first lvl cap increase this month?
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-03-01 15:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

According to the SE timeline, there are 3 level cap increased planned for this year (June, Sept, and Nov I think). Dumping gear now is just silly until you know for sure if there will be much better pieces.

I personally never sell anything until I have a replacement AND am in no danger of de-leveling out of it.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-03-01 15:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Authority said:

Not till June.

How are people assuming that just because they're raising the cap on levels, the current gear is useless? If that's the case, I guess people should never be using PCCs, Hauby+1, Toreador's Rings, Sniper's+1, etc. since they're not at 70+. I'm willing to bet that only the new areas and events will require these new caps. I just think people are overreacting way too much on this.
[+]
 Unicorn.Sasura
Server: Unicorn
user: Sasura
By Unicorn.Sasura 2010-03-01 15:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Phoenix.Authority said:

Not till June.

How are people assuming that just because they're raising the cap on levels, the current gear is useless? If that's the case, I guess people should never be using PCCs, Hauby 1, Toreador's Rings, Sniper's 1, etc. since they're not at 70 . I'm willing to bet that only the new areas and events will require these new caps. I just think people are overreacting way too much on this.

On the other hand, anyone who needs a Blau or Hagun to use for the next few months (and maybe beyond) can pick one up on the cheap! I don't plan on selling mine but there are plenty of idiots out there right now working on cutting the prices in half.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-01 15:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Sasura said:
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:

I hope people realize they'll be gimping themselves for the next few months if they're selling all their 75 gear right now. Unless they have a better (or almost equal alternative), they're gimping themselves at least until June. Depending on when in June (like say June 30th...), that could be almost 4 months.

Assuming 75 gear will still work decently for level 80 or low 80's range (can't imagine the first cap increase going beyond that). They could be gimping themselves til September, a good half a year away.

i'm willing to bet it's people quitting, not liquidating all their gear
[+]
 Seraph.Dricent
Server: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-01 15:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought the idea was there isnt going to be anymore gear over 75. The idea is that you will be able to upgrade the gear you already have..... So all those people who are selling everything they have are gonna be in for one hell of a surprise when the new stuff comes out and there is no new level 76-99 anything gear.
 Phoenix.Authority
By Phoenix.Authority 2010-03-01 15:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dricent said:
I thought the idea was there isnt going to be anymore gear over 75. The idea is that you will be able to upgrade the gear you already have..... So all those people who are selling everything they have are gonna be in for one hell of a surprise when the new stuff comes out and there is no new level 76-99 anything gear.

I kind of hope this is and isn't the case. While it will preserve the crafting we have now, without needing to add new recipes or raising the cap to 150 and NMs etc... it might get stale. I think the idea of new gear is intriguing.
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-03-01 16:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dricent said:
I thought the idea was there isnt going to be anymore gear over 75. The idea is that you will be able to upgrade the gear you already have...

I'd LOL... alot.

People are overreacting for possibly nothing at all. Doomsayers, the lot of em. We're looking at what? 10-15 stats points and 200hp/mp, depending on job? Is that really gonna let you solo Khim/Cerb/Hydra/etc and AV? I think not.

Anyone wanna do the math on what jobs will gain what by just increasing the level cap; not taking into account new traits and boosts, just flat numbers? I'd be interested in browsing a private server data sheet for lv99 stats... just for curiosity.
 Phoenix.Lucasta
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2010-03-01 16:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i have not started mass liquidation yet but i am considering selling all of my ancient currency pending more information on this update. If in fact the level cap is in effect for all zone then any chance of concievably finish my relic well be forfeit.

i dont see any current relic with the damage that could stand up to a, oh say, LV 115-120 Hnm. Even if there will be relic "upgades" judging by the pattern of difficulty to obtain anything truly superior in this game i will go out on a limb and say the relic upgrade (if you are a regular joe like me and not the elite super ls leaders) will probably take you until all servers are shut down. hell even if you can low man regular dynamis with the new update can you imagine the scheduling for runs? now you have potetially 100s of groups of 6 or even less fighting for dynamis time slots.

so yeah... i may as well at least get my gil for all the years of collecting currency.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-03-01 16:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
Seraph.Dricent said:
I thought the idea was there isnt going to be anymore gear over 75. The idea is that you will be able to upgrade the gear you already have...

I'd LOL... alot.

People are overreacting for possibly nothing at all. Doomsayers, the lot of em. We're looking at what? 10-15 stats points and 200hp/mp, depending on job? Is that really gonna let you solo Khim/Cerb/Hydra/etc and AV? I think not.

Anyone wanna do the math on what jobs will gain what by just increasing the level cap; not taking into account new traits and boosts, just flat numbers? I'd be interested in browsing a private server data sheet for lv99 stats... just for curiosity.

Well, actually the "Big" Effect of leveling up is the skill and Level correction functions. Absolute Virtue is level 85 apparently. So with the skill increases and the level correction, that's 196 accuracy, evasion and Magic evasion(?) Before attribute points are factored in. (At level 99)

Cerb is already Duoable by Aegis/Excal Paladins. Hydra is a 6man (Actually easier than a zerg, at least I think so) And once you knock Khim's wing's down, a whm can tank it. So just like SE said, every NM (AV-PW Exceptions)is already a joke.

There will be new gear, but Liquidating is probably the stupidest thing you can do, since there's no telling what is better than what. Something as unique as the Hagun for example, might not break off as a loss til there's a GKT with a damage rating of 90 or higher. The only "Confirmed" new gear, is the Third tier of Job specific Artifact armor from Abyssea.

With all that said, I'm glad 98% of my equipment is rare/ex.
 Phoenix.Authority
By Phoenix.Authority 2010-03-01 16:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Bartimaeus said:
No offense OP, I have nothing against you but.. this is the most stupid idea ever.

If you're getting rid of gear now for some speculated non-existent stuff you THINK is going to be put in the game, just quit. Quit now. :)

You can't deny the fact that it is somewhat unsettling to know that there IS a possibility of every piece of equipment in the game becoming obsolete, right? Just look at WoW after each expansion that raises the level cap by 10 levels.
[+]
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-03-01 16:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I hadn't taken all that into account Zicdeh. Even so, I'm guessing people are over exaggerating the whole thing. We don't even know how our jobs will scale from 76-99.

I'd hold off on selling any gear if you plan on playing in the future though. I assume all the big gear that we use is high priority on SEs part to make them adjustable via that trial of the magian(sp) thingy. This would include most NM/HNM drops I'd think. R/E or no.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-01 16:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do eeet!

ppl going crazy all over the place, selling everything they have. Either do the same, or buy up what they're selling and hope for the price to go up later on.

I for one am not gonna sell of everything I have. Pretty soon I'll pretty much only log on for ls events, rest of the time I'll be over there ==>> on the beta server =P
 Bismarck.Rinako
Server: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-03-01 16:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally they announced you can adjust high-end gear, and even relics using the new augment system they're adding. I'd seriously wait until they add that so you can see if the gear you're wanting to get rid of is even used in that.

Honestly, there will be 2 things that happen with this update:

1. Gear will drop in price tremendously due to not being able to be used in the Augment System.

or

2. Gear will increase in price tremendously for the first few months because it can be used in the new system.

Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-03-01 16:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

@Rinako

3. People scream bloody murder because the update is awesomesauce and claw thier way back to FFXI in hoards to try out the new content... naked and weaponless.

4. "Meh", sigh a sigh of relief that they were right and FFXI is ruined and move on.

I think that covers all bases? ^^
First Page 2 3