Should I Liquidate My Gear? (Another LV99 Thread)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Should I Liquidate my Gear? (Another LV99 Thread)
Should I Liquidate my Gear? (Another LV99 Thread)
 Asura.Wyrd
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: kylericks
By Asura.Wyrd 2010-03-02 02:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Altimaomega said:
im /shocked not one person has mentioned this...

i have been leveling cor recently, because ive been bored with my other jobs. Then outta BAM outta left field, SE says LVL99!!!

well what i say to that is goodbye crappy cor, that i did/didnt want to play over my other jobs and sell all its gear netting 6mil overnight.

so yeah mabey ppl are just planning on going back to there main jobs they actually like to play.

This is me. I have NIN SCH BLU SAM BLM and was leveling SMN and THF occasionally. This made me turn around and sell off all gear which isn't used by one of my 'Big 3' (BLU SAM BLM). Hell BLU is just for me, SAM and BLM for events. As such I won't have time to level up all my jobs to 99. I will however try to make time to get all of my jobs I like to play up to par.
 Fairy.Geefunk
Server: Fairy
user: Buster
By Fairy.Geefunk 2010-03-02 02:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Pandemonium.Seraphin said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Old world will still be capped at 75. No reason to get rid of your gear. Calm down everyone, it will be okay. Take a deep breath.
During Vanafest they introduced the increased level capped by showing 2 players leveling to 76 in Caederva Mire. So I doubt that old world will be capped to 75. How did this rumor even started?
This rumor got started cause people don't want to accept the reality of the situation. Anyways where are you people seeing this info? I'm looking at the official site but it offers next to nothing lol

During Vanafest, on the live feed.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 03:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Geefunk said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Old world will still be capped at 75. No reason to get rid of your gear. Calm down everyone, it will be okay. Take a deep breath.
During Vanafest they introduced the increased level capped by showing 2 players leveling to 76 in Caederva Mire. So I doubt that old world will be capped to 75. How did this rumor even started?
This rumor got started cause people don't want to accept the reality of the situation. Anyways where are you people seeing this info? I'm looking at the official site but it offers next to nothing lol
Do you know of a site that has recordings of the live feed info? Normally wiki does but can't find it

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-02 03:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ideally if you plan on still playing, hang onto your gear. What's good now I am more than sure will still be good in the future until we physically see some new pieces that even remotely compare to what we have now.

Remember, newer does not always equal better.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 03:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

HQ staves will never be replaced. I mean seriously the staff for PW is still not as good for just dmg forget macc. The gear haste cap wont be lifted so the haste gear will still be good. You still use af peieces those +skill or jt and still will same with relic.

Though I think I will stop wasting time on augmenting over and over now in the hopes of finally getting a better weskit lol
 Asura.Artemicion
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-03-02 03:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, HQ staves give a direct percentage increase meaning its effectiveness will remain steadfast regardless what you fight.

Unlike those staves/clubs from ZNM.
 Fairy.Geefunk
user: Buster
By Fairy.Geefunk 2010-03-02 03:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Geefunk said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Dameshi said:
Do you know of a site that has recordings of the live feed info? Normally wiki does but can't find it

Not as of yet, but i expect the vanafest twitter will have something sooner or later.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-02 03:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Artemicion said:
Aye, HQ staves give a direct percentage increase meaning its effectiveness will remain steadfast regardless what you fight.

Unlike those staves/clubs from ZNM.
It's not so much what you fight as what your are casting with. Specifically MAB.

For the +25MAB to be better than +15% you'd need to be casting in less than 66. A merited blm cast in 44 on the meritted elements nekkid no buffs... not to mention the loss of macc which makes it hard for the jobs with less MAB to actually use it. Hell blm mythics 20 is beaten with like 33 MAB I think and even on offspells nekkid blm has 32 lol.

The 10MAB/macc one with 5mab shield would only win if you had -MAB... don't think any job can do that.

I wouldn't be suprised if by lvl 99 my blm is in over 100MAB. Which means to beat HQ staff they'd need over +30MAB in the weapon slot in just terms of dmg forget the 30macc.
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2010-03-02 03:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
HQ staves will never be replaced. I mean seriously the staff for PW is still not as good for just dmg forget macc. The gear haste cap wont be lifted so the haste gear will still be good. You still use af peieces those skill or jt and still will same with relic.

Though I think I will stop wasting time on augmenting over and over now in the hopes of finally getting a better weskit lol

Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-03-02 07:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dricent said:
I thought the idea was there isnt going to be anymore gear over 75. The idea is that you will be able to upgrade the gear you already have..... So all those people who are selling everything they have are gonna be in for one hell of a surprise when the new stuff comes out and there is no new level 76-99 anything gear.
FFXI.Devteam said:

-- With how long the level cap has been 75, I think there have been a lot of people who worked hard to get "ultimate gear". How do you plan to follow this up?

Matsui: Using the "Magian's Trials" system we plan to implement, we believe they will continue to be useful at higher levels. We'd like to see them mixed with new equipment.

if they plan for you to mix old gear with new gear, i'd call that a pretty strong implication that there is new gear to mix it with

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20039015&postcount=651

By Izey 2010-03-02 18:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Guys stop making Lv.99 Threads >_> Jesus seriously.... It's the umteenth hundread one?
No one here is going to Tell,
A and B are coming out with this gear, for this level, with these stats......
So No one knows you have to wait and see fot yourself.
And I highly Doubt that they're gonna cap Vana'diel Areas at 75, thats simply HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, you have any clue how many zones that is to have em all capped?
Not to mention they're removing cap from CoP zones, obviously is ubserd and has no purpose but to frustrate.... ok sooo SHUT UP D=
(QQ If you dont wanna see the thread dont click into it QQ)

Well yea I would find antoher thread if this wasnt the only crap popping up on main page -_-

Ok anywho, take care, and stfu =D!
 Fenrir.Shambo
Server: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-03-02 18:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

GUCCI MANE!
 Fairy.Shiyo
user: Shiyo
By Fairy.Shiyo 2010-03-02 23:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hilarious how badly people overreact to the simplest things, everyone selling ALL their high-priced items(Haguns, cuchulains, novio etc) and trying to get rid of them because they think they're going to be useless, lol.

Sorry, but this isn't WOW, they don't make all gear useless when they up the level cap/introduce new gear, they usually keep most of the gear GREAT/amazing, why else would zilart gear still be the best pants in the game for most jobs?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-02 23:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Attn to everyone on Shiva quitting due to level 99 cap.

Give me all items.
 Shiva.Dinarii
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-03-03 00:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Give me all items.

aww shucks. you're about a week too late...
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-03 00:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Dinarii said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Give me all items.

aww shucks. you're about a week too late...

Curses...

Someone from my friends egls quit half way through fafnir due to this, apparently it was lulzy.
 Shiva.Dinarii
user: Dinarii
By Shiva.Dinarii 2010-03-03 00:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i quit before i heard all this. and thankfully im glad i did. 24 level increase, whole new end game garbage. im having an enjoyable time playing other games that are much easier to just put down. and i know the wife's gonna hate me when i pick up 14 haha. I hope this new stuff turns out well, it'd be a shame for SE to come up with this enormous update and have half the population quit. but then again, wouldn't shock me at all.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-03-03 00:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got respect for people who quit before this was announced simply because they've had enough, that's fair enough. People throwing all the toys out of the pram because they simply announced a level cap increase are the silly ones. chances are 95% of them will return when this ***is actually released.

I've quit for a short time before also, but I always end up feeling like playing it. And I always get all giddy when updates are announced =P
 Seraph.Dricent
Server: Seraph
user: Dricent
By Seraph.Dricent 2010-03-03 02:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Let the people sell all their gear. Im just gonna laugh at everyone of them when SE doesnt release any new gear and makes it only upgradable old stuff. Poor fools begging to get their stuff back.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-03-03 02:35:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone in here talks so smarty but no one knows what's gonna happen. We talking about *** level 99, no one of you know what will happen[2].
 Phoenix.Jovant
Server: Phoenix
user: Jovant
By Phoenix.Jovant 2010-03-03 02:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Authority said:
Well with the level cap going up, I'm sure there is going to be a lot more gear coming into the game which is causing me to worry. Having millions in gear could all of the sudden turn to having hundreds of thousands in gear depending on how SE handles this. What do you guys think? Is now the time to buy expensive gear, sell expensive gear, or not worry at all? I'm really interested in what people have to say.

i havnt read all three pages and if this was said already my bad... but hmmm are people aware that the Lv cap increase is in phase of 3? that being said i would "imagine" that the thrid phase (which is sometime in the winter months, nov-dec) is when the Full cap of 99 will be introduced. phase one may be something like 75-85 and its not even this coming update... so why are people thinking about liqudating items soooo eailer? obviously your going to have to buy them back for your job to work properly unless you want to be gimper (if thats a word) then u was before for 6+ months >.>;

Post deleted by User.
 Kujata.Savain
Server: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2010-03-03 13:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair a lot of the people who are selling gear have been around through the inflation where HQ staves went from being 10m a pop to less than 1m in a little over a year, with most of the major price changes happening in the last ~6 months. We've all seen how SE has handled level syncing down, and they were worried about what syncing it up meant. Reading the interview below

-- It's been six and a half years since the last increase to level cap. Are you planning more "Limit Break" quests (quests which increase the level cap)?

Matsui: We don't plan on having quests like the previous ones. I guess we do need to continue them somehow, but we plan on lowering the difficulty. Raising the level cap changes up the balance and is tough on the adventurers. Thus if they can just go and release it--. It's not like we do it to be mean (laugh).

-- You say you'll be raising the level cap step by step. What will the next cap be?

Matsui: We'll start with 80. It's been a long time since we set the cap to 75, so we want to make lots of changes level by level on the way to 80. We haven't decided whether to raise by 5s or 10s after that.

-- Once the level cap is removed, will the current HNM (an abbreviation for "high-level notorious monster", monsters designed to be fought by many players at once) be adjusted?

Matsui: We're considering not making major changes. We don't think it's bad that the fierce enemies and endgame content up to now can be taken on with fewer players. Instead, we plan to add new enemies to fit the new level cap.

-- With the increase in level cap comes an increase in support job level cap. Powerful magics and abilities like Refresh and Convert will become usable without having to be one's specialties. Are you planning to adjust their effect when used as a support job?

Matsui: Personally, I like the idea of getting Refresh from a support job. I'd like to see Red Mage gain an even stronger Refresh, making battles even more flashy as he tells everyone to "Go for it! Spam your magic!".

-- With how long the level cap has been 75, I think there have been a lot of people who worked hard to get "ultimate gear". How do you plan to follow this up?

Matsui: Using the "Magian's Trials" system we plan to implement, we believe they will continue to be useful at higher levels. We'd like to see them mixed with new equipment.

You can tell that because of the ~80 augments per piece of armor, which I personally can't wait to see what the text will read like, all gear will still be useful.

Now on the topic of high endgame weapons, someone said it before, unless the base damage on the GKT far out DDs the TP multiplier on WS from its 1.5 to 1.8, yielding a 12.5% damage increase, selling a Hagun would be stupid. Hagun is currently best, behind only Amano. A Blau is also still an amazing dagger only behind /ex Daggers like P harpe and X's knife (and obviously Mandau).

For the server transfers, imagine this, you're taking demand, and supply, and adding those two factors of each server together, so a working model would be, 1.8 pcc + 1.7 pc yielding 1.75 pcc with the same number of buyers and sellers as the two servers had individually, but added together in this case. You're not changing supply or demand because you're doing the same thing to both sides of the function.

Long explanation aside, if you plan on staying through the level cap nonsense, don't sell the gear you worked years for. Just augment it and rub it into others faces.
 Hades.Cablemonkey
Server: Hades
By Hades.Cablemonkey 2010-03-03 13:33:02
Link | Quote | Reply

In the Vanafest video (Part 3 on Youtube), you will see that all the equipment they pointed to shows "Lv75~". Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing the "~" means the higher the level, the more attributes to the weapon/armor modification system can be applied to that equipment piece....much like how merited stats are scaled if you aren't 75.
 Pandemonium.Seraphin
Server: Pandemonium
user: Tamago
By Pandemonium.Seraphin 2010-03-03 13:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Savain, while I agree with most of what you're saying, your supply and demand logic might not be very accurate. While it might apply to items that drops from BCs, the same can't be said for items that drops from NMs. They will always have the same conditions as before for pop whether it's lottery or timed. Except now there's more people competing for it.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2010-03-03 14:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I still think its amusing to see 10 haguns on AH now. Cheap haguns for everyone soon ;P
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-03-03 15:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, remember that we're all just assuming that there will be new lvl 99 gear that will replace what we have now. That may or may not be the case.

Just because we're lvl 99 doesn't guarantee there will also be superior lvl99 gear to go along with it for all categories. Hagun may very well still be very much tops for GKT, etc.

Granted, they're nearly guaranteed to make other lvl 99 items. But I'm not convinced every current awesome piece is going to have a direct (easy/cheap) replacement at 99.