March 2024 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Bronzequadav
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bronzequadav 2024-03-13 20:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't ultimately YoshiP in charge of what FFXI gets to do? He's not going to let it grow or invest resources into it.

From his interviews he seems over FFXIV as well. Kind of just have to let it go at this point.

Fuji doesn't even seem to like/care about ffxi, he seems so disinterested in all his live letters/announcements since taking over.
[+]
By Seun 2024-03-13 21:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
How are they idiots? You are just sounding jealous/weird.

If you are contributing to a problem, you forfeit your right to point the finger and *** without looking stupid.

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
The RMT who give SE 20 grand a month are inflating the numbers a lot more than the multiboxers.

I play a single account. To someone who doesn't inflate numbers at all, there's not really a difference. Armed robbery is the same whether you robbed a convenience store or a bank. We want a pat on the head for being slightly less scum than RMT now?
 Phoenix.Iocus
Server: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-13 21:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha we made it to page 7!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-03-13 22:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
I play a single account. To someone who doesn't inflate numbers at all, there's not really a difference. Armed robbery is the same whether you robbed a convenience store or a bank. We want a pat on the head for being slightly less scum than RMT now?
RMT who pay for 150+ accounts on Asura, 50+ on Bahamut and Odin, and another ~20 on each of the smaller servers are just as bad as the person 2boxing a pocket mage on one server.

Gotcha.
By Seun 2024-03-13 22:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Seun said: »
RMT who pay for 150+ accounts on Asura, 50+ on Bahamut and Odin, and another ~20 on each of the smaller servers are just as bad as the person 2boxing a pocket mage on one server.

Gotcha.

Except RMT exists because of players who can't or don't want to do things themselves. It really doesn't matter whether you run your own extra accounts or you pay someone else to do it for you. Same ***.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-14 01:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Actually I thought of 2 valid use cases for Yagyu that aren't Crystal Paradise. Halphas and WAR Fomors

I am on board with the general premise that Yagyu is more appealing in theory than in practice.

I am also in the very rare position of having an LS mate who has Yagyu Darkblade. I think the most significant thing it has done for our LS is piss me off due to jealousy that I'm an ACTUAL NIN (4 REMA and everything) and I didn't get it but my friend who doesn't particularly care about NIN did.

It does sometimes have uses, but they really are pretty niche. This past weekend some of the crew did some VD Ambuscades and it was pretty nice there (and made dealing with Excalibur a lot easier). It's kinda cool in like, Dyna[D] to help other DDs avoid losing time to stun/knockback from mob moves like Sweep, Frypan, or Wrath of Gu'Dha (probably increasing group's overall DPS at the expense of NIN giving up a little of its offense due to worse offhand and more time spent casting). Also gives a little cushion for Orcish Counterstance when an NM turns (or a player just walks right up and starts swinging at the Orc's face, which I personally have NEVER done ;P). Halphas is a good use case, but again super niche.

I actually LIKE bringing my NIN to Segment farm runs (even though I also have a good SAM and WAR, but my NIN isn't that far off due to hybrid WS performing very well in there on many mobs, the safety of shadows can be helpful, and I just like playing NIN and don't feel it's SO much of a liability in there to be unable to justify it). But in Sheol C, I'd think pretty hard about whether to offhand Yagyu over a Kunimitsu or Hitaki that significantly pump up my WS damage in exchange for shadows on party members. That's a minor luxury, but generally not the difference between people living or dying. Also worth considering how well you can even keep shadows on multiple people who are moving around a lot. Kinda nice to be able to help protect mages I guess.

Like, if I won the next Bonanza I would 100% get Yagyu. But I'm a Ninja, I'm the kind of person who made Nagi, of course *I* am gonna pick it. But if I was truly picking the item that was more likely to be consistently helpful for my jobs, TBH it would probably be the Diamond Aspis. Helps PLD keep up very good JAs for longer, WAR can Warcry for longer and help the whole party do significantly more damage for the low cost of the WAR swapping the shield in and losing a little TP once per Warcry, BST Killer Instinct buff to the whole party - those are all much more practical applications than the admittedly very neat parlor trick of NIN being able to (a) apply shadows to party members and (b) generate insane enmity (which does help sometimes, but isn't all that when you're in fights where mobs strip your shadows and you'd rather have a PLD RUN eating hits).
[+]
By SimonSes 2024-03-14 01:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Diamond Aspis. Helps PLD keep up very good JAs for longer, WAR can Warcry for longer and help the whole party do significantly more damage for the low cost of the WAR swapping the shield in and losing a little TP once per Warcry, BST Killer Instinct buff to the whole party - those are all much more practical applications than the admittedly very neat parlor trick of NIN being able to (a) apply shadows to party members and (b) generate insane enmity (which does help sometimes, but isn't all that when you're in fights where mobs strip your shadows).

Diamond Aspis buff to duration is only for person wearing it afaik, so none of those AOE buffs would be longer for whole party.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-03-14 01:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Diamond Aspis buff to duration is only for person wearing it afaik, so none of those AOE buffs would be longer for whole party.

Ohhh I did not know that. Ew. Well, that's still something, and may still be the more practical choice (I mean, you're gonna Warcry on WAR and Sentinel on PLD anyway). But does make it less impressive.
By buttplug 2024-03-14 02:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 395125
[+]
 Bahamut.Drumskull
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Drumskull 2024-03-14 03:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

buttplug said: »
***heal/srd u will die in new content with that. Also bro left ear?
By buttplug 2024-03-14 06:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-03-14 06:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 395126

Feet are cure potency. Back is Sird/enmity/magic evasion/hp.

If you have the +2 earring at 7+ DT then the defending ring becomes moonlight for extra HP.

No Sroda Costs. 79 enmity. No DT required on the Shield so it's Aegis or Duban unless you specifically want a different shield.
[+]
By buttplug 2024-03-14 06:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-03-14 08:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the sets guys, you inspired me and I updated my cure SIRD set. I opted for something a bit different from most of what has been posted thus far, mostly to balance HP swings. Still have capped PDT with 50 or close-to-50 potency and some decent enmity.

Not sure I would count apex mobs you're actively blocking with phalanx up as a good test for whether or not your PLD can survive hits in the cure set...but neat flex!

ItemSet 395112
 Bahamut.Eorphere
Server: Bahamut
user: eorphere
By Bahamut.Eorphere 2024-03-14 09:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

BlackmoreKnight said: »
The tricky thing about an expansion or the like to me is that post-Odyssey and post-ML/Sortie XI has an incredibly wide band of player power and investment now to the point of, well... Who do you make the content for? Do you just kind of shrug and make an expansion sort of like Adoulin where the mobs are in the level 99-110 zone? People that have actually invested in the game for the past 5 years are going to plow through that content like it's nothing and we're back to having this conversation in a week at most. Do you make it expecting a high level of current content completion, like some MLs and Empy +3 behind you? Then you're putting up a huge gate behind the new "boxed" content (assuming it's a discrete release) such that it's unlikely to excite and draw someone back in that wasn't already at least half on the treadmill in the recent past. You could use/abuse difficulty levels to fix some of this for whatever instanced content would end up coming with the product, but the open world would sort of be essentially doomed in this scenario.

As a more recent player without much baggage or history with the game I do kind of think they've let player power scale out of control deliberately to better accommodate low-manning older stuff (as well as incentivize the new stuff like Odyssey and Sortie of course) to make up for a waning playerbase. That makes it hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube so to speak, and it's very hard for me to imagine a large, discrete release (so not just one piece of content like Sortie or the Flan fight) that doesn't either blatantly powercreep everything before it (real i159 gear now!) or isn't immediately irrelevant to everyone that's actually participated in the newer stuff. Maybe I'm just not creative enough.

Not sure how hard or feasible it would be for expansion style content, but a choice of Normal or Hard mode could theoretically fix some of that. Now quest/expansion rewards being the same might throw it off. Maybe a title for Hard mode? IDK, not that any of this will ever happen, but just a thought.
By Agrestic 2024-03-29 08:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Eyre Cap

https://twitter.com/fromsaikasou/status/1773287870972801348
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
Server: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-04-17 13:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eorphere said: »
BlackmoreKnight said: »
The tricky thing about an expansion or the like to me is that post-Odyssey and post-ML/Sortie XI has an incredibly wide band of player power and investment now to the point of, well... Who do you make the content for? Do you just kind of shrug and make an expansion sort of like Adoulin where the mobs are in the level 99-110 zone? People that have actually invested in the game for the past 5 years are going to plow through that content like it's nothing and we're back to having this conversation in a week at most. Do you make it expecting a high level of current content completion, like some MLs and Empy +3 behind you? Then you're putting up a huge gate behind the new "boxed" content (assuming it's a discrete release) such that it's unlikely to excite and draw someone back in that wasn't already at least half on the treadmill in the recent past. You could use/abuse difficulty levels to fix some of this for whatever instanced content would end up coming with the product, but the open world would sort of be essentially doomed in this scenario.

As a more recent player without much baggage or history with the game I do kind of think they've let player power scale out of control deliberately to better accommodate low-manning older stuff (as well as incentivize the new stuff like Odyssey and Sortie of course) to make up for a waning playerbase. That makes it hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube so to speak, and it's very hard for me to imagine a large, discrete release (so not just one piece of content like Sortie or the Flan fight) that doesn't either blatantly powercreep everything before it (real i159 gear now!) or isn't immediately irrelevant to everyone that's actually participated in the newer stuff. Maybe I'm just not creative enough.

Not sure how hard or feasible it would be for expansion style content, but a choice of Normal or Hard mode could theoretically fix some of that. Now quest/expansion rewards being the same might throw it off. Maybe a title for Hard mode? IDK, not that any of this will ever happen, but just a thought.

They actually have it in DQX Online whenever i do missions and enter battles it Gives u 3 options Hard , Normal, Easy
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7