Continued Prime Weapon NA Review
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-06-08 12:50:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So does the prime Axe pet Level + affect offhand?
 Asura.Volteczero
Server: Asura
By Asura.Volteczero 2023-06-08 13:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

https://twitter.com/ff11377/status/1666790406963757057

Prime WS is still affected by WS wall, no surprise there
[+]
By Taint 2023-06-08 13:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

You have to solo the Axe to keep with BST traditions. Check back in a year or two.
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2023-06-08 13:21:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »

It does.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-06-08 14:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
What percentage of the playerbase do you think finds sortie engaging and fun. The majority of the event is spent running through unnecessarily long corridors with bolter's roll up. It would be far more engaging and fun if you spent more time actually fighting stuff and less time mindlessly running from point A to point B.

This. To get a substantial amount of muffins per run, you need to kill bosses; Those are as far apart from the teleporters and from each other as they can possibly be, and anyone not in the boss room when combat begins gets no rewards. The bulk of your time is spent either running or waiting.

That also means that unlike most other group content where your performance improves as you get better gear, if you've got 18% speed equip and regal bolters that's as good as it will ever get.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-06-08 14:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Almost like the entire event was designed to waste as much of the hour with running as possible.

Truly a mystery why it is disliked so much.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2023-06-08 15:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So have we confirmed all the stat bonuses working in offhand yet?

Also still need to see if Aftermath pdl is weapon specific like many of the other aftermaths or if it effects everything. I am amused by the idea of use prime bow/gun as an option for pdl instead of tp bonus for naegling.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-06-08 15:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you use prime weaponskills when they equipped in offhand?
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-06-08 15:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

There's almost no chance you'll get anything other than the base stats from the offhand.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-06-08 15:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
There's almost no chance you'll get the prime weaponskills or anything other than the base stats listed on the weapon from the offhand.

I understand that. I'm posting looking for confirmation from those who have them.
[+]
By Seun 2023-06-08 15:15:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
Almost like the entire event was designed to waste as much of the hour with running as possible.

That's how it is supposed to work. Complete as much as you can in the allotted time. I take it you guys hate seg runs too?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-08 15:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been beaten to death, I don't think we need to go back-and-forth on this anymore.

Gripes about Sortie:
Too much running around
Method of saving a tag sucks
Hour is too long for people with kids
Empy+3 shares resource with primes

/thread
[+]
By Taint 2023-06-08 15:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

*Drites serve no purpose
*Pysches serve no purpose

Otherwise you are dead on!
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-08 15:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
*Drites serve no purpose
*Pysches serve no purpose

Otherwise you are dead on!

-Drites aren't hindering anyone so who cares? If they said you need to turn in 5 fire crystals and 2358 gil to get your prime weapon, I don't really see how that would be a very valid thing to criticize. It's a quirky, stupid decision but it's not hurting anyone.

Psyche are a limiting factor to keep people from farming muffins too fast. They've decided you should only get one every X months, no matter how many muffins you get. Maybe you hate that because you're getting 80k muffins/run, but they have a purpose.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-06-08 16:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on, 1 hour is too long for people with kids? Must be a joke, it’s an mmo 1 hour is bare minimum event time.

This thread is just dumb now. People saying I solo sortie but also so upset it isn’t alliance content.

Yes it 100% needs an earring trade system, yes you should be able to make emp+3 without limiting prime progression, otherwise a pretty reasonable event and optimizing/playing with different routes can be quite fun.
[+]
By Seun 2023-06-08 16:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
It's been beaten to death, I don't think we need to go back-and-forth on this anymore.

Gripes about Sortie:
Too much running around
Method of saving a tag sucks
Hour is too long for people with kids
Empy+3 shares resource with primes

/thread

KI is nitpick. Daily content is daily.

Psyche are a limiting factor to keep people from farming muffins too fast. They've decided you should only get one every X months, no matter how many muffins you get. Maybe you hate that because you're getting 80k muffins/run, but they have a purpose.

This is another reason why armor/weapon sharing currency is a non-issue. Even at a conservative estimate, you'll end up with more muffins than you need for the weapon while you're waiting on Psyche.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
user: Raytheon
By Asura.Clintbeastwood 2023-06-08 16:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

-Drites aren't hindering anyone so who cares? If they said you need to turn in 5 fire crystals and 2358 gil to get your prime weapon, I don't really see how that would be a very valid thing to criticize. It's a quirky, stupid decision but it's not hurting anyone.

If I could buy -drites off the AH when I was ready for them instead of shitting up my inventory for half a year, I'd agree with you.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2023-06-08 16:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
it would sting less if it weren't so obvious that psyche are nothing but an arbitrary time gate forced upon us so we don't finish faster than they intend. in terms of uninspired content this ranks way up at the top.

coalition assignments aren't any better, and they've refused to budge on easing those requirements so it's not unprecedented, but certainly unwelcome design

Coalition assignments are a dumb time gate, yes, but they are slightly better than psyche for two reasons:
1. You don't have to do it all over again for each weapon. It's one and done.
2. Coalitions have other perks when you level them up. Psyche are just a currency with no other purpose (although the content you do to get them has perks, so maybe that's a wash).
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-08 16:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

For those seeking to do multiple weapons, we have a musical score for you.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Seun 2023-06-08 17:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

kuroki said: »
it would sting less if it weren't so obvious that psyche are nothing but an arbitrary time gate forced upon us so we don't finish faster than they intend. in terms of uninspired content this ranks way up at the top.

You don't need 2 hands to count the size of our development team. Yet, you would probably need a few more arms to count the job roles they cover. The only expectation from them is that we enjoy it enough to continue to support the game. Our expectations are way out of line with what the reality is for the future of this game.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-06-08 17:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Coalition assignments are a dumb time gate, yes, but they are slightly better than psyche for two reasons:
1. You don't have to do it all over again for each weapon. It's one and done.
2. Coalitions have other perks when you level them up. Psyche are just a currency with no other purpose (although the content you do to get them has perks, so maybe that's a wash).
For a new character / returning character pre-SoA: yes absolutely a huge time gate
For an existing character who didnt do them because "The potential gil/hr from this is garbage, I'm not wasting my time, its dumb, let other people rank up the coalitions, gil/hr is life": yes, a self inflicted time gate
For someone who did the content as they came out: Not a time gate

Based on wiki page dates:
Coalitions were available April 2013
The Legend assignments were added February 2014
The Ergon quest lines appeared May 2014, 13 months later
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2023-06-08 17:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So coalitions aren't nearly as much of a time gate as people make them out to be. See you can spend them to flag missions and then later refund them to get the charges back, effectively letting you store a ridiculous number at once. The issues with Sortie is that you have to do it every day, there is no way to charge up 3~4 and then spend an afternoon running them non-stop.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-06-08 17:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seun said: »
This is another reason why armor/weapon sharing currency is a non-issue. Even at a conservative estimate, you'll end up with more muffins than you need for the weapon while you're waiting on Psyche.

If last stage is 10M/25psyche you would need to farm 57k Galli every single day for 8 months to keep up with psyche. Most people will have some breaks and most people don't farm 57k on avg also, so I think you are a little far from truth.
[+]
 Shiva.Liam
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-06-08 17:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to compare them to other REMA is all well and good, but this is a post-Naegling/Dyna-d/Ody wep age, where you can build a really competitive (sometimes BIS) wep in a very short time. The requirements are just too high in todays game to be worthwhile to anyone, newbies or vets. It's just so clear that this process has been designed around extended subscription retention > player experience it's a sad way to end a 20+ year journey.
[+]
By Seun 2023-06-08 18:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Seun said: »

If last stage is 10M/25psyche you would need to farm 57k Galli every single day for 8 months to keep up with psyche. Most people will have some breaks and most people don't farm 57k on avg also, so I think you are a little far from truth.

Fujito said 8 months, some will finish sooner. This isn't out of line for what he said it would be. Day in day out if you want to glow before year's end. Sucks, but it's fair.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-06-08 19:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Liam said: »
Trying to compare them to other REMA is all well and good, but this is a post-Naegling/Dyna-d/Ody wep age, where you can build a really competitive (sometimes BIS) wep in a very short time. The requirements are just too high in todays game to be worthwhile to anyone, newbies or vets.

Seems like I'm wrong as always but if you're the kind of player who gets a Naegling and is like "well, my WAR, DRG, COR, THF, RDM, DRK, RNG, NIN, and BLU are all done, it's time to quit FFXI now!" then you're playing the wrong game.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Vargasfinio
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Vargasfinio 2023-06-08 20:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like I'm wrong as always but if you're the kind of player who gets a Naegling and is like "well, my WAR, DRG, COR, THF, RDM, DRK, RNG, NIN, and BLU are all done, it's time to quit FFXI now!" then you're playing the wrong game.

While this has some truth to it, most players vastly over-estimate how much better some REMA weapons are than the good final tier Ambuscade weapons. Are they better? Yes, but not leaps and bounds better. There is no content out there that wouldn't be doable without them, and perhaps that is the biggest point of all in regards to Primes: Even if they are best in slot for every job...what are you going to use them on?
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2023-06-08 20:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Liam said: »
Trying to compare them to other REMA is all well and good, but this is a post-Naegling/Dyna-d/Ody wep age, where you can build a really competitive (sometimes BIS) wep in a very short time. The requirements are just too high in todays game to be worthwhile to anyone, newbies or vets.

FORGOT BRD!
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17