Continued Prime Weapon NA Review
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-10 04:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Have any dmg averages for the axe ws? I want to compare to stage 3 and see if there's any large difference.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-10 05:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Have any dmg averages for the axe ws? I want to compare to stage 3 and see if there's any large difference.

I could go with Scoreboard, but we had buffs dropping from time to time and WSs were still going, so the no buffs damage will affect avg too much. I can try to give you few numbers from log with I think capped attack, but not sure about exact TP threshold. All were done with +750TP bonus.
Code
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 64455 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 41738 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 42449 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 51244 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 63580 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 44110 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 64267 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 45599 points of damage.

Those should be capped attack between 1750-3000. I believe set was Nyame R29-30 and +3 empy body, Cornelia ring, Ikenga's Axe sub (rest was standard).
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-10 05:29:24
Link | Quote | Reply

KujahFoxfire said: »
Absolutely huge news, cheers Simon

Tbh it's not that impressive as it feels.

If I put 30% chance for double damage on first hit into sheet with Foenaria, Im only getting at best 3% increase in dps.
By Hopalong 2023-07-10 05:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You can solo around 15k Galli

Hmm, how does one do that? I've cleared 10k but 7-9k seems average.
By Taint 2023-07-10 06:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopalong said: »
Quote:

E boss can be soloed by SCH or RDM.
By SimonSes 2023-07-10 06:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

It obviously requires specific jobs but AE and NMs/chests.
This guy for example do solo BLU runs and on the last one he got ~16.9k
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2023-07-10 07:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

He did it on his DRG too. Dhartok(E) looks like a simple solo with the right trusts and proper knowledge of its mechanics. Just make sure you have the plate, stay out of the clouds and skillchain it to death as best you can.

Biggest hurdle for solo might be the Acc check.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
Server: Asura
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-07-10 07:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I really wonder what they were thinking with the *drite stones.
Why are they even there?
I mean...

Possibly a redundancy to time gate the weapons as people become more efficient at farming galli?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2023-07-10 07:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iamaman said: »
Why are they even there?
I mean...

Possibly a redundancy to time gate the weapons as people become more efficient at farming galli?

Isnt that what the 5 psyches per month does?

Er, you are right, sorry. That's what I get for reading these threads right after I wake up. Maybe I should go back to bed...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-07-10 08:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

I could go with Scoreboard, but we had buffs dropping from time to time and WSs were still going, so the no buffs damage will affect avg too much. I can try to give you few numbers from log with I think capped attack, but not sure about exact TP threshold. All were done with +750TP bonus.
Code
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 64455 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 41738 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 42449 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 51244 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 63580 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 44110 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 64267 points of damage.
Unagihito uses Blitz.The Locus Camelopard takes 45599 points of damage.

Those should be capped attack between 1750-3000. I believe set was Nyame R29-30 and +3 empy body, Cornelia ring, Ikenga's Axe sub (rest was standard).

Unsurprisingly, doesn't look like any ws dmg bonus at stage 4 with what we have right here.
[+]
By Taint 2023-07-10 08:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are they even there?
I mean...

They should let us trade Drites for Emp+2 and Emp+3.

Since Galli is 100% for Primes and not going anywhere.

ex. 50 Eikondrite = Emp+2 Upgrade

Otherwise they are absolutely pointless from all angles.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-07-10 10:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely huge news, cheers Simon

Tbh it's not that impressive as it feels.

If I put 30% chance for double damage on first hit into sheet with Foenaria, Im only getting at best 3% increase in dps.

Big for gun and bow so you can enjoy those beefy barrages!
By Foxfire 2023-07-10 10:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone crazy enough to take the gun or bow up one step for the bullet/arrow yet
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-07-10 12:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »

I dont think anyone else beside Mischief group finished. None else was doing 80k almost daily and they made 2.5M just before update. Maybe in a week :)
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2023-07-10 12:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's gonna be a while till I get the arrow...
By Taint 2023-07-10 13:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Foxfire said: »

I dont think anyone else beside Mischief group finished. None else was doing 80k almost daily and they made 2.5M just before update. Maybe in a week :)

Which weapons did they pick? (I know Staff, Axe and PA from what I've seen)

Definitely a crazy good group that few will be able to mimic.
By SimonSes 2023-07-10 13:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahlen had gun on one char I think and they are doing ~50k+ a run, so they should be there in few weeks?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-07-10 23:45:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You can solo around 15k Galli, so 566 runs. Assuming you go every day and double with ruspix every 20days then around 1.5 year, not 5.

If you're good enough to solo 15k, you should be in a group lol.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-11 01:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you run sortie daily then you can have a stage 5 prime in 6 months if you average 50k Galla a run. The bigger bottleneck is the monthly RoEs, since you can’t get more than 5 per and you need 30 total. 50k Galla a day by 180 days is 9mil galla so it gives you a bit of leeway to skip a few days. You get 50k-55k just doing an 8 boss run with the main side objectives. The 6 month time frame for a stage 5 is pretty spot on for a regular static. Alternately you can have two stage 4s in the same time frame. Hitting 85k in one run isn’t mandatory, although it does give you wiggle room to skip more days or build empyrean gear on the side if it’s your prerogative.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-07-11 03:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »
You can solo around 15k Galli, so 566 runs. Assuming you go every day and double with ruspix every 20days then around 1.5 year, not 5.

You might want to adjust your standards. Some groups scoff when they complete 7 bosses instead of 8.
By Felgarr 2023-07-11 03:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Why are they even there?
I mean...

They should let us trade Drites for Emp+2 and Emp+3.

Since Galli is 100% for Primes and not going anywhere.

ex. 50 Eikondrite = Emp+2 Upgrade

Otherwise they are absolutely pointless from all angles.

My guess is, we're witness the introduction of a new trade-in system. For the first 3-4 months of Dynamis Divergence, , they were made Ex (and readily available from randomness-sources, like Gobbie Box).

At least, I hope this is the case. Inject the economy with an item that is not worth anything and not tradeable/sellable.....until one day it is. (Or at the VERY least, put it in a crafting/synergy recipe. More food, pet food, new meds. All are welcome).
By Hopalong 2023-07-11 07:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

This is my opinion. The estimations here to completion are out of line with reality.

50k a day group
15k a day solo

Sure if the player base were machines but we're not. We're grown adults with outside of ffxi lives who aren't going to be getting 350k a week. We aren't required to further white coat their illusionary dangling grindy *** carrot.

The reality is that the final ffxi content is specifically created as unreachable content for the majority of the player base. ML, Odyssey, Sortie it is what it is so no need to sugar coat it. We're not dumb enough to say yes please give me another! so lets not say that. Most of us enjoy the game but we're aware of the ***. If the discussion here represents the majority of the player base that obtain 350k a week for six months or whatever then I'm wrong. I'd guess most players make about 10-120k a week and a 2 year to 10 year+ completion time. In my own case there's about a 4.8 year completion time no sugar coating and it is what it is because they ain't changing a thing but I'm also not skewing the reality.

And that's why this newest content isn't very exciting in the short term and its exactly the same as all their recently dropped content over the past many years. Any hype is well, there never is hype only disillusionment, and probably why they don't market this game.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-07-11 08:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Have said this before and there's always someone saying "But you can do 10-15k solo runs every day and it only takes 1.5 years".

Yeah, sure. Very realistic.

Because the last time unobtainable goals were the name of the game went reaaaal well.
 Odin.Danial
Server: Odin
By Odin.Danial 2023-07-11 09:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

In my own case there's about a 4.8 year completion time no sugar coating and it is what it is because they ain't changing a thing but I'm also not skewing the reality.

You know, I think it would have been really cool for them to make the first weapon cheap and then make additional weapons more expensive.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tomasello
By Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello 2023-07-11 09:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Tomasello said: »

You might want to adjust your standards. Some groups scoff when they complete 7 bosses instead of 8.

Our group clears 8 bosses, pulls in 51-52k a run. It's not the task I take issue with, it's reasonable with the right jobs and practice. It's the repetitive grind (having to waste an hour a day, 7 days a week.) It just becomes a burden, it's demoralizing, and I'm too old for that ***.

At least let us store up the tags like omen or even better I'd rather they triple the gally and just time lock it like dynamis. Still take 6 months but twice a week is fine so I can enjoy my life.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-07-11 10:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

With the six month psyche timegate and server supplying muffin variables at upgrade time, they could in theory adjust the requirements in the future, but in practice I don't see any way that would go well.

There are many players for whom 5-7 hours in Sortie every week is not a compelling reason to stay subbed. If they reduce the muffin requirements in a year or two to try and lure those players back, all it's going to do is piss off people who've already completed prime weapons the hard way.

I'm sure we'll see a Double Muffins Campaign at some point, though. Please look forward to it.
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-07-11 10:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The reality is that the final ffxi content is specifically created as unreachable content for the majority of the player base. ML, Odyssey, Sortie it is what it is so no need to sugar coat it.

Quote:
And that's why this newest content isn't very exciting in the short term and its exactly the same as all their recently dropped content over the past many years. Any hype is well, there never is hype only disillusionment, and probably why they don't market this game.

You're not wrong. The game is at a standstill and has been for a few years. Odyssey was released in March of 2020, and since then the only new content we've gotten is Sortie. We don't know if there will ever be any new events again. The whole point is to get us to log in grind for things that we really don't need. The alternative though is that nobody logs in and the servers shut down. So either you do the stuff they come out with or you don't. Either way it's fine. In the end this game is just a glorified chat room and I enjoy spending time with my friends in it regardless what we're doing. As long as people are having a good time together that's all that counts.
[+]
By Meeble 2023-07-11 10:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Melliny said: »
The whole point is to get us to log in grind for things that we really don't need. The alternative though is that nobody logs in and the servers shut down. So either you do the stuff they come out with or you don't.

That's galka crap. There is no shortage of content to do in the game, and they absolutely could have made Primes take at most 1-2 hours of Sortie per week to fit into a regular weekly schedule, while still taking 6+ months per weapon to keep people subbed.

If you already played 5-7 hours a week pre-Sortie and you want to make a prime in a timely fashion, your options are to double your playtime or abandon all your other in-game goals. I already log in every night and do something different with friends; I'm not giving that up for a part time job running through purple hallways.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17