20th Anniversary Expectations...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 20th anniversary expectations...
20th anniversary expectations...
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 26
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-10 05:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

They wouldn't need an engine upgrade for micro transactions. They can just mail you mog pells to exchange at the moogle or something
[+]
By Draylo 2022-04-10 05:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This game deserves the best..
[+]
 Sylph.Ketsui
Server: Sylph
user: Lutia
By Sylph.Ketsui 2022-04-10 05:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Non-Asuran server merge is long overdue. How about it?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-10 06:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ketsui said: »

still gonna be a hard pass, people who are on small servers clearly want to be on small servers at this point

if you don't want to go to asura, you can go to bahamut, and if you don't want to go to either then why would you want to make other servers more like them..?
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-10 06:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura lockdown is about ~6 years overdue. SE just doesn't have the integrity to turn down all of the transfer fees from RMT and clueless morons from Reddit moving to/from it.

Honestly, removing the ability to select what world you land on would make the new player experience easier because it removes that question. How many people flee to Reddit or social media to ask "what's best server?", pausing to wait hours or days for an answer?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-04-10 07:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what's weird?

I was reading yesterday that Old School Runescape has more subscribers than FFXIV and FFXI combined and looks like this:

And nobody cares that it looks like ***, there aren't people begging for engine upgrades. They like it like that, the best cape in the game that only 5% of the players own looks like something you can make in MS paint while on drugs and people walk around with it on like they are driving a ferrari.

I think games graphics are on a scale you can call the minecraft scale, and when they go below 3 they become "so bad they're good". The problem with this is that games with decent quality graphics at around 5 don't get there and so people moan about them.

The reason I think XIV looks so bad personally (ignoring the over the top effects that blind you), is because they used engine effects to add shine and indents and they are as badly programmed as bump mapping is on XI. A lot of armor on XIV looks pretty bad because they look like plastic, the world textures are also very bad compared to its peers.

Tera online and ESO look far far better and these are proper open world games without zones, and they are both older/sameage as ff14.

Upgrading 11 to work on the 14 engine is stupid because it changes how the game looks due to how the engine works and honestly the upgrade isn't worth the effort and cost anyway, becasue ff14 isn't an impressive looking game.

The way some ff14 players look at ff11 is how most other mmorpgs players look at ff14, you like the art style and general aesthetic (as I do with 11) but it's not an impressive looking game at all compared to other games.

If they changed 11 to run on ff14s engine I would personally quit, it would be a monumental waste of money and would kill the game. It would bring a lot of interest from ff14 players, but they don't like hardcore grind based gameplay 11 offers anyway so they would last about a week before going back to "time respector" again.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-04-10 07:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Counter productive, the only time I saw long term people quit was after merges. The problem with XI is it's not an instance heavy dungeon crawler game so the more people are around the longer it takes to do stuff.
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-10 07:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

People actually praise the quality of XI's graphics all the time. I forget who said it from the company (Yoshi P?), but the game arrived at the right time to be have just enough detail to not look incredibly crude alongside modern games.

In comparison, Old School Runescape there looks like someone's crude Flash game from the early 2000s... and the players love it because it's part of the experience.
By RadialArcana 2022-04-10 07:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The quality of the models in XI is really amazing (especially for the time, but even today they are good), the textures are also incredibly well done considering the dimension size. The talent of the people who made the textures and models on XI was/is next level.

Some of the textures of armors on XI are the size of a postage stamp, the level of detail they managed to get into them is astounding.
[+]
 Sylph.Ketsui
By Sylph.Ketsui 2022-04-10 08:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
still gonna be a hard pass, people who are on small servers clearly want to be on small servers at this point

if you don't want to go to asura, you can go to bahamut, and if you don't want to go to either then why would you want to make other servers more like them..?

Sure, if I could somehow take all of my friends with me, I'd do that. But friends also have other friends, who'd have to come along. And those friends of friends have ...

Forced merge is the only way I see it happening for me.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-10 08:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

How can you have "Friends of friends of friends" when there are literally only 5 people on the server.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2022-04-10 08:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lusiphur said: »
Asura lockdown is about ~6 years overdue. SE just doesn't have the integrity to turn down all of the transfer fees from RMT and clueless morons from Reddit moving to/from it.

Honestly, removing the ability to select what world you land on would make the new player experience easier because it removes that question. How many people flee to Reddit or social media to ask "what's best server?", pausing to wait hours or days for an answer?
Grinding every economy to a halt sounds like a really smart idea.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-10 08:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why you retool the AH system to work across all servers

It is the singular reason for asuras existence.

(and why it will absolutely never *** happen)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-10 09:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They would never do a cross-server AH. It would kill all the money they get from server transfers of people trying to game the system for a few measly gil
[+]
 Asura.Makenshii
user: Mak84
By Asura.Makenshii 2022-04-10 09:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

1: Paid name/race change.
2: skins and textures remastered.
3: Zone clear out (such as Nashmau with all the extra *hidden* models causing huge lag).
4: UI update.
5: Small content update; maybe 1-2 new zones for TVR end along with a new NM system similar to Escha to feed new gear and dark relics.
6: Odyssey 2.0 allience based.
7: Server update (remove the SE lag or at least make it better).

I feel like this isn't too much to ask all things considered but one can only hope.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-10 11:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

It would pass, things would adjust to real values for each server. Definitely not the end of the world you're presenting.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-04-10 17:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure, if I could somehow take all of my friends with me, I'd do that. But friends also have other friends, who'd have to come along. And those friends of friends have ...

Forced merge is the only way I see it happening for me.

Personally really like being on a small server so don't force merge me. I prefer not waiting 30 minutes to enter Odyssey/Ambuscade and there's plenty of people with crafting shields supplying chase items
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-10 17:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

When exactly did the "expectations" from the title turn into "dreams & desires"?
[+]
By Kasumuni88 2022-04-10 21:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Rips 2022-04-10 22:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Aman trove adjustments to add in grape juice and new fire crackers.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2022-04-10 23:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »

It would pass, things would adjust to real values for each server. Definitely not the end of the world you're presenting.
I mean yeah I'm sure nothing would adjust to nothing. Great stuff.
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-04-11 09:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect at minimum, a complete overhaul of the game using UE5 and a fully customizable UI ala ff14, multiple classic 75 era servers to fill ever possible niche, we're talking 50cap servers, rotz servers, cop servers, toau servers, rhapsodies of vanadiel servers, the voracious resurgence servers. Also we'll get discord tie in to the game system that puts some of our monthly subscription tied to nitroboosts. Also we are getting at minimum 3 new jobs, chemist, gunblader, dragoon, and chocobo knight. Definetly going to have a energy drink sponsorship and partner program with streamers. Revamping of the pankriton and chocobo race track to be more like ff14 minigames. Release on the ps3 and wiiU. Emperyon +3, relic +5, artifact +6. Stat squish across the board and a new Tarutaru mount.
 Sylph.Ketsui
By Sylph.Ketsui 2022-04-11 09:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Briko said: »
I expect at minimum, a complete overhaul of the game using UE5 and a fully customizable UI ala ff14, multiple classic 75 era servers to fill ever possible niche, we're talking 50cap servers, rotz servers, cop servers, toau servers, rhapsodies of vanadiel servers, the voracious resurgence servers. Also we'll get discord tie in to the game system that puts some of our monthly subscription tied to nitroboosts. Also we are getting at minimum 3 new jobs, chemist, gunblader, dragoon, and chocobo knight. Definetly going to have a energy drink sponsorship and partner program with streamers. Revamping of the pankriton and chocobo race track to be more like ff14 minigames. Release on the ps3 and wiiU. Emperyon +3, relic +5, artifact +6. Stat squish across the board and a new Tarutaru mount.

I was looking for the Savage Blade Nerf in there but didn't find it. Wtf?
By GwenStacy 2022-04-11 10:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i'd be happy with just race change tbh
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-04-11 10:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
You know what's weird?

I was reading yesterday that Old School Runescape has more subscribers than FFXIV and FFXI combined and looks like this

If you go off LOLmmo-population.com and its estimated totals with WoW having multiple 0 player daily counts...

FFXI daily: 11.74k total: 1.24mil

FFXIV daily: 718.57k total: 37.82mil or daily total of 1,080,106 if you go on to the XIV page.

OSRS daily: 656.44k total: 34.55mil

FF has OSRS beat.
 Asura.Briko
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2022-04-11 11:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

They are adding monk to Neagling.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-04-11 11:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
mmo-population.com

Quote:
We measure two primary metrics: Reddit Subscribers and Reddit Active Users.

that site is basically worthless, and they admit as much on their own about page
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-04-11 13:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets just say they have similar numbers, the point remains the same.
By Mattelot 2022-04-11 13:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

that site is basically worthless, and they admit as much on their own about page

There is a very large group of people who regular MMO Champion who will swear by that site. Then again... MMO Champion so that's not saying much either.
By Rips 2022-04-11 15:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect the 20th anniversary to be the end of any major content upgrades. I predict empy +3 to be the final and best gear.

Edit; We'll still get ambu monthlies, login campaigns, monthly campaigns. I would bet on this.

Many of us see the writing on the wall.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 26