20th Anniversary Expectations...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 20th anniversary expectations...
20th anniversary expectations...
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26
By Bosworth 2022-04-08 02:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Topace said: »
Chemist job sounds like an inventory nightmare.

They can do it like cor's card thing. They can make it not terrible
By Homsar 2022-04-08 02:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrean +3 and new battle content to obtain it. That's all the will happen for now.

Down the road, we'll see TVR end and might see new ultimate weapons(or maybe they'll just be upgrades to current ultimate weapons).
 Leviathan.Supernads
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Supernads
By Leviathan.Supernads 2022-04-08 03:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm frothing at the *** over the prospect of having All 11 Super Kupower Effects active for an entire week.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-04-08 04:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Honestly if they ever did a full on redo of XI similar to those other games, I think I'd want it to be a single player or light online multiplayer conversion.

That's not inconceivable... it's pretty much what they're doing with Dragon Quest X offline (and that never reached FFXI's heights in Japan, and never went worldwide). I certainly don't expect anything like that for the 20th anniversary - maybe 25th though?

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I also wouldn't be surprised if empyrean +3 didn't come until after the 20th anniversary. They can use the built in excuse that May is a month of "Celebration" and they want the players to enjoy it, so "please look forward to it" in the future. Empy could easily get pushed to the summer. Is how they do things.

This ^^ As part of the 20th Anniversary festivities I wouldn't be surprised if they TALK about Empy+3/new battle content, conclusion of TVR, and new ultimate weapons... but I don't expect to actually see those things until later this year. And no way do I expect to see an expansion, new jobs, major overhauls.

If I let myself hope for something that I don't really expect, but that I'd enjoy and is somewhat realistic, I'll go with wanting the new Empy+3 related event to be... ilevel LIMBUS REVAMP! My favorite old-school event, and they did Limbus dirty with the extremely underwhelming lv99 version. I don't think we'll get an Abyssea v2 for Empy reforge like some people mention, because I think they already saw Escha/Reisenjima/Geas Fete as the spiritual successor to Abyssea (and pulling in the Sky/Sea NMs too).

Leviathan.Supernads said: »
I'm frothing at the *** over the prospect of having All 11 Super Kupower Effects active for an entire week.

Nah, they're gonna bring back monthly Vana'diel day! XD
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2022-04-08 04:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

since like the 17th anniversary they've been talking up "something big" they've had planned for the 20th anniversary. memeing on SE aside, I think whatever it is will definitely be big if they've had it in the works that long.

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I also don't expect the end of TVR/whatever the new endgame content is going to be to happen for the anniversary. If that actually comes out this year it'll be toward the end.

I can see this happening, I'm sure they got set back on TVR because of covid related delays, I think they even mentioned that in the update previews for some of the lighter updates. so if they didn't catch up on that, it could be pushed out further. or, if they do intend to deliver on the 20th anniversary month, that might mean they've cut some corners on what we've already got so that they could make up for lost time and stay on track.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-04-08 06:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In my mind, the anniversary is the addition of the "sea/sky" type zone of Voracious Resurgence with all of the endgame content that accompanies that. I am sorta hoping for a classic sea/sky experience where you run around, gather pop items for the first tier of NM. The first tier of NM drops pop items for the next tier and so on.

The new zone will also be the ticket to unlocking empyrean +3.

To me, that's it. That's all I want, all I care about. Campaigns, login events, little other knickknacks I'm not too interested in honestly.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-04-08 07:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Zero expectations

Although I pray no more 6 man content like odyssey. Alliance plz
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-08 07:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Zero expectations

Although I pray no more 6 man content like odyssey. Alliance plz

Only without lag. If we get another dynamisD lag fiesta, then *** them.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-08 07:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Nah, they're gonna bring back monthly Vana'diel day! XD

Honestly surprised that hasn't been rolling all year long...
 Asura.Skyekitty
Server: Asura
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-04-08 08:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love an expansion, but dreamers will be dreamers.

I do think they can do another Abyssea online expansion reusing resources, though, which I wouldn't mind. I did like Abyssea, maybe I'm one of the 3 who did lol.

Lastly, more realistically, we'll get special cosmetic gear, a unique character item, and unlimited disappointment for each char we subscribe.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-04-08 08:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm viewing the actual anniversary as a turning point, not a destination...and as such I won't be disappointed if the date hits and we just get a bunch of campaigns, a "classic" ambuscade (I'm expecting Moogles), and the starting point of a new content spur the way Escha was built up into a major center of content- but we didn't get everything day one.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-08 08:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the more reasonable expectation. You're gonna get emp+3 and a place to do it.... but it probably isn't going to happen in may.

Keep looking forward to it.

Vicennium ring and dinner jackets/dresses and access to fab/aldo/kupofried/moogle and it should be yagudo ambuscade. Moogle was too recent.

(Yagudo was last in July... 2018)
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-04-08 08:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When you use the jacket a firework goes off saying, "Please look forward to it"
[+]
By Spookyfish89 2022-04-08 08:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Skyekitty said: »
I would love an expansion, but dreamers will be dreamers.

dreamers.

dream

Divergence dreamlands! Gives some form of new currency for dark relics plus oodles and oodles of detritus....

I'll see myself out.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-04-08 08:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That's the more reasonable expectation. You're gonna get emp+3 and a place to do it.... but it probably isn't going to happen in may.

Keep looking forward to it.

Duodecennial ring and dinner jackets/dresses and access to fab/aldo/kupofried/moogle and it should be yagudo ambuscade. Moogle was too recent.
Moogle was too recent, I was just thinking what mob more than any symbolizes FF, and my leanings were moogles and mandys^^ Time wise, it should be yagudos, yup.

I do agree with earlier comments that if the only reward for TVR was full-time Cornelia, that would be enough. :P
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-04-08 08:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We could get a Mastery XP Ring as the big surprise
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2022-04-08 09:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

SE have a way of building things up and then dropping them quietly.

See: New UI, FFXI-R.

My dream is that there's some new merch, and something to preserve the story of XI. My wildest dreams would include an Anime like Persona 4 and 5.

I doubt there'll be any remake, expac, new jobs, or anything even remotely that interesting, but I also hope to be proven wrong. They might remove PlayOnline.

As much as people would hate this, I also would love to see a f2p ffxi classic, but I think I'd tire of it after a week.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2022-04-08 09:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Empyrean +3
REMA getting dark matter augments.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Server: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-04-08 10:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-04-08 10:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
f2p ffxi classic, but I think I'd tire of it after a week.

You would be chasing the experience you had rather than the game as it was then, and you can't get that back. As sad as this is to point out, the reason is because you aren't the same as you were back then.
[+]
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-08 10:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The playerbase has changed too much. You will never, ever be able to relive `00s Final Fantasy XI. Square could pull the correct software and client out of their *** and it wouldn't be the same.
[+]
By Meeble 2022-04-08 10:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea 2.0, but you can only enter once per day for 30 minutes.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-04-08 10:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

yup. We're old. We think we want all the feels from 75 cap days, but in reality we forget about 3 hour chatrooms while staring at the walls of Dragon's Aery, waiting for a party invite for 2hours only to join a party for one chain #5 before it disbands, and a game design that essentially limited non-party content to mining/harvesting or some craft.

I don't think most players of this game that have been at it since those days realize how different our daily lives are now vs then. Many of the adaptations we've seen over the years to enable us to function "on our own" in more content were necessary to service an aging playerbase with more responsibilities in the real world and less game time.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-04-08 10:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What we want out of FFXI classic: To be 20 years younger with less responsibility so we can have the time to fuel the great experiences we made for ourselves with the game we love.

What we'd get out of FFXI classic: A game where we all complain about how long it takes to get anything done because it's too hard to dedicate 2-3 hours at a time to grind up one-quarter of a level.
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2022-04-08 10:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Cerberus.Balloon said: »
f2p ffxi classic, but I think I'd tire of it after a week.

You would be chasing the experience you had rather than the game as it was then, and you can't get that back. As sad as this is to point out, the reason is because you aren't the same as you were back then.

Through the power of arrested development I will always be a teenager.

Through the power of bills, though...

That said, a FFXI Classic server would suck. I wouldn't want that persay. What I would want was that with a heap of quality of life improvements, and maybe actual EXP rewards for quests. Parties should be preferable, and the rate of EXP should be significantly increased. Which is more work than literally nothing so they absolutely would not do it.

Deep down I just want to see all my favourite zones in HD. The FFXI-R Screenshots had me excited to see some of that, even if the underlying game would be a cash grab.
 Odin.Lusiphur
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-04-08 10:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What's worse is people don't truly want a "classic" server. They always bastardize the implementation in the name of "ain't nobody got time for that."

"Classic FFXI" means something different to everyone. To me, it means CoP era, before the game became much more casual friendly. Even private servers don't attempt to emulate this particular era. Everyone shoots for ToAU/WotG. With customization/QoL out the ***.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-04-08 11:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, a classic server wouldn't work because everyone's got a different ideal. That's why my preference would be a remake, so long as they do it properly.

My personal preference would be a rebuild from the ground up. That way they could rebalance everything at once, maybe scale back some of the numbers so they have some wiggle room at the top again so we aren't capping every stat. It also means they could retool a bunch of equipment and end-game content so much of it is relevant again. Give the game a fresh engine with some modern graphics, remove PlayOnline. But after all of that ground work, have all of the meat and potatoes be virtually the exact same: same mechanics-heavy combat with a focus on teamwork, same jobs with their unique ways of contributing to a party, same story, same settings. I wouldn't even tweak the UI too much. I'd keep Trusts, but limit them and a few other QOL improvements a bit.

But even if they rebuilt the game, everyone's got a different idea of what they'd like. Someone's always going to be disappointed. Someone's always going to complain.
[+]
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2022-04-08 11:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Its fine though, SE can just go with my version of Classic and it will all work out for everyone!

/ja "Hide" <me>
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-04-08 11:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I want more alliance content. Stop this 6 player nonsense.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26