Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey Segment Farming
Odyssey Segment Farming
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-08 19:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. There are 2 poppable NMs on each floor via Junction (random + using materials), so that number wasn't multiplied by 2. And you can see I just copy and pasted some values but didn't change some of them on the later floors due to laziness. Most people dont bother doing C3/C4 anyways so they probably didnt care, but that should be in line with all the metrics for Odyssey Sheol C. Thanks for referencing it, hope it helps someone!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-08 19:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Couple of comments on Rua's portion. Thought most of what he said was very good info.

Good tips on the BST addition, I hadn't thought of using that with the disposable Arthur pet to hit everything with def/att down. Comes in handy defensively on later floors. Can also use daggers to change weapon types when necessary.

The SCH information was nifty, but I still don't think it's superior to WHM unless that run is perfect. Arise is a huge time-saver in a run where you rely on farm/time heavily, so I would still bring the WHM. Asylum, Sacro, and Benediction are great run savers. Something also not mentioned that WHM can contribute and save runs, is that Arise raises people with full HP. Normally that little tip doesn't matter, but we just did a run where we were in the middle of undead, and it DID matter. We were only able to recover and salvage some of the run because of the WHM.

The enwater tip was cool, good to include for job versatility's sake. Getting hit with a Nullsong imo is just not worth it though, so I would still skip it anyways.

Agree with all points on PLD as being "superior", but the JP video I saw a couple of weeks ago they hit 7900 with RUN tank and claimed the gil reward at the end, so it is all subjective. Majesty group heals and enhanced protect is enough reason for people to bring PLD though, and not needing to engage is an amazing bonus vs rune.

Thought it was a great video coverage of the event, and I agree having a segment goal helps your group improve. I had started tracking my group's segment numbers since last week (just out of fun, wish I would have started a long time ago) and it was cool seeing how much gil/segments we earned in that short span of time, despite messing up a few times during runs. Personal best is around 7700 and over 1m gil where everything went right (besides a COR dying), so sometimes the stars align really well. Our personal worst was around 4400, due to untimely deaths and undead. I agree with Rua's point about "it doesn't matter how much you get as long as you recover and improve". It's a fun goal-setting event to improve productivity every time. The random challenges between weapon resistances, monster types, and nasty moves are a good mix to keep you always guessing every single run.
By zixxer 2021-03-08 20:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I am ashamed to say there were a few errors on the C3/C4 NM/Beastmen Segments total list, that I have since updated. They are mostly self-explanatory (I forgot to copy a column over instead of downward, so you see repeating values that conflict and aren't adding the actual value), but if you are reading that chart, just be aware of that. Nobody mentioned it but I didn't think anybody would reference it officially, so here's a cleaned up version!

Should put this in the ody wiki. Very helpful cheetsheet.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-08 21:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Would probably be helpful if someone who regularly does Sheol A/B can compile a list, then you can combine all 3 zones so someone has access to all three if needed. I don't remember the segment totals from the lower zones, as I deleted my older videos from when I farmed those zones. Maybe someone can reverse engineer all the segment totals for each category. I know Sheol B floor 6 gives 23 segments per Nostos, and floor 1 gives 13 segments per Nostos. The increase is 2 per floor, so simple to calculate based on monster groupings. Not sure the NM/Beastmen values. Easy to figure out the total breakdown and gil totals once we have the Nostos and NM/Beastmen counts.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-11 21:25:58
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have blu nuke/cruel joke experience in sheol-c? Do you need super bis gear and specific buffs towards your macc/matk? tried it tonight with my group with normal dd buffs and went right back to tizona smashing because nothing I tried worked on anything at all except sleeps, lol :x
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-11 21:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't need crazy bis, standard magic accuracy from like malignance set or af3 should do. the monsters in Sheol C aren't particularly resistant to any debuffs beyond their normal monster family elemental resistances. I think there's probably a darkness resistance of like 50% in there according to Geriond, so it's possible that resistance extends to additional effects. Cruel joke is darkness so it makes sense if that gets resisted a bit.

I wouldn't actually build an entire run around that kind of strategy, though. It takes a full minute for the additional effects to go off, and it might not land on everything. I would only use it for the instance Ruaumoko suggested, using it on full agon groups. It will flat out miss the beastmen, but it will allow the party to focus only on the beastmen and the rest of the adds will just drop from the doom. Maybe floor 2 is the best area to use this, assuming it's groups you can land it on. Or you could use it on problem groups you prefer to skip, like slimes dahaks and wyverns, provided they actual can be doomed
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-14 13:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaggra promoting mischief's blue mage/evasion tanking cruel joke strategy

https://twitter.com/FF11_Kaggra/status/1371076064030515203?s=20

Also for those wondering, Mischief's video lists a lot of monsters he has confirmed in Sheol C that are not immune to doom, for those using this strategy

Quote:
Apkallu, Bugard, Colibri, Crab, Defoliator, Flytrap, Gaganbo (Fly), Goobbue, Karakul, Korrigan, Leopard, Marid, Pugil, Puk, Rabbit, Raptor, Sapling, Treant, Wamoura, Wamouracampa, Wasp, Wyvern, Vulture, Ziz.

Mischief's video (great strategy) using mambo and evasion set. I might consider using a blue occasionally to see how it works. At the very least will add them to my Sheol C spreadsheet for quick reference in the future so I can keep track of weakness and resistances for the entire zone.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-14 14:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If AOE ws’s weren’t nerfed in Odyssey then Gandring THF would be king here. R15 Twashtar THF is already very strong in Odyssey. Wonder if there’s any possibilities to pulling with Gandring and dropping a PLD. Always felt like a tank slot is a waste of space.

And finding a tank is the hardest part for a shout group.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-14 14:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin tank isn't a waste of a slot. Enhanced protect, AOE cures, holy circle. But maybe you could get by with a blue mage puller if that player was good enough.

IDK, finding a tank is hard, but a thief or good blue that can pull that off, you think that would be any easier?
By SimonSes 2021-03-14 14:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that hard really. 5/5 Malignance and few simple eva accessories is enough, but you need 2x Mambo and here you need to ask yourself whats better, DD instead of tank or 2 offensive songs instead of mambos. That being said, if you only want to pull mobs and sleep them, I think you dont need evasion at all? Just keep Verve on and cast fresh Occultation and run in with capped DT, barrier tusk and Cocoon and instantly sleep/entomb when you aggro whole group. You might lose all blinks (maybe even not) and get damaged a little in the process, but it should still be pretty safe. Just remember to midcast in capped DT too.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-14 15:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Its not that hard really. 5/5 Malignance and few simple eva accessories is enough, but you need 2x Mambo and here you need to ask yourself whats better, DD instead of tank or 2 offensive songs instead of mambos. That being said, if you only want to pull mobs and sleep them, I think you dont need evasion at all? Just keep Verve on and cast fresh Occultation and run in with capped DT, barrier tusk and Cocoon and instantly sleep/entomb when you aggro whole group. You might lose all blinks (maybe even not) and get damaged a little in the process, but it should still be pretty safe. Just remember to midcast in capped DT too.

This is why I see PLD as a wasted slot. You usually end up just sleeping the mobs once mass pulled anyways. 2-3 DDs hitting 2-3 mobs max allows the WHM to keep up with cures easily enough (especially if they have yagrush to negate downtime from erasing debuffs).

The only issue I see is Halo mobs which I think a well geared THF, BLU, or 6K+ HP Sakpatas drk may be able to handle. Or you could just skip the Halos altogether but I personally enjoy fighting them and think they’re worth spending time on.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-14 15:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not that hard really.

You don't pick up group often then if you think this.

5/5 Malignance

5/5 malignance is what YOU have access to. Not a random blue. Finding someone with experience doing the omen swarts pulling is going to be a crapshoot. I don't know why you guys think it's easy mode for an average player. You're just asking for a group failure unless you personally know the blue (and in that case is it really a pug?).

You are better off finding a tank who can pull reasonably well with little risk than banking on including a random player to pull something like that off.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Balduran
Server: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-04 15:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The most optimal setup I've experience so far was RUN WAR WAR COR BRD White and yielded 9200+ segments in Odyssey Sheol:C

Summary:
- No idle buffing, ran straight to the first pack and buffed therein. (Also PROT/SHELL before entry into Odyssey)
- Skipped bottom section of the first floor
- WAR and COR switch between Ukon, Shining One, and Club and Naegling / Death Penalty respectively, according to mob weakness/resistance
- POP NMs, and open chests!
- BRD try to sing during battle rather than idle if possible. (get 5 songs from the start and use SV on higher floors)
- Tank should save survival JA and SP for Fetters, specially the nasty ones.
- Aim to clear all Fetters for highest yield.
- Adjust idle sets for movement speed
- Bring medicines to assist your support
- Use your SPs!

-- Video link removed by Balduran --

Video is only accessible through this link for the time being.
[+]
 Asura.Kixstand
user: kixstand
By Asura.Kixstand 2021-05-04 19:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

DDx2, brd, cor, pld, whm(yag). Our group gets 7-8+k unless mistakes are made lol. We favor sb war and drg. Kill as much as possible. Pop nms and do fetters on every level possible. The rng of fetter And nm placement can be the difference between a
6.5kish and a 8k run. Pld and yag isn’t quite needed but make quality of life a lot better during the runs.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-05 01:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for sharing it Balduran!

For people wondering if that's "average" or not, I would say it's a very very good run. Not perfect (could've been better with slightly better monster selection and without a couple of very minor mistakes) but it's a very very good run.

For instance given how they obviously skip the "rooms" below on floor1 and floor3 and how they didn't finish floor4, they've got very lucky as in:
1) They found Agon Halo and NM pop on floor 1 and floor 3, if they didn't those ~9200 would've been 7500
2) They found Agon Halo and NM pop very early on floor 4 (which they didn't finish), so that's another ~970 segments they could've lost if, say, agon and pop were on the last room on floor 4
3) They got lucky with very good monster selection. Other than the ghouls (which surprisingly they decided not to skip) and the Wyverns at the end, nobody got a song dispelled (just one on the tank, from Marids probably) for instance.

So no, I wouldn't say it's "average", not perfect either but regardless it was a very good run.

Once again thanks Balduran for sharing, I think it's gonna be extremely useful for people who are looking to improve their group strategies.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-05 02:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I apologize to the viewers of this thread for removing the link to my Odyssey C Segment farm video, since recently there seems to be a few individuals from a famous Japanese forum constantly harassing and stalking my content (and stalking me in-game), stirring up drama and making it topic for defamation, and all of that is because of addons showing in the video. So out of respect for the other Japanese members present in the video, I was compelled to take that action.

To add some more info on the situation, that community (edit: would rather refer to them as a minority) is obsessed with Vanilla and has a zero tolerance policy for Windower. The problem is they interpret equality in a bad way, meaning if they don't get to use addons, no one else should. Furthermore, it was extremely disappointing to see some of their accusations against certain individuals in the video, who on the contrary and in fact, were not using Windower to begin with, and fell under false judgement and fabricated claims. They have gone so far to find rough edges to an extent that slow-mo GIFs of snippets from my video were created to prove evidence of movement during WS (JA0) on the player who is 100% vanilla. Yes I use JA0, but not everyone did, and wouldn't playing FF11 without it, because quite simply I won't put up with 20 year old PS2 limitations that hinder my game experience. The sad reality now is those 2 vanilla players have disbanded this once a week farm event, to prevent further fabricated claims from ruining their reputation, and I totally understand their position and respect their desire. I know the stalkers will most likely read this message, though I don't know to what extent they'll be able to understand it, however congratulations on breaking up groups, please learn to mind your own business and let others play the way they desire. I apologize if this message may be derailing to the thread. In the meantime, the video will remain private, but if the situation changes or permits, I will once again make it public.
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-05-05 03:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sucks the JP do that but justifying it with "I won't put up with 20 year old PS2 limitations that hinder my game experience" wont really justify it, maybe they feel like you are hindering the game by using such things and windower in general. Maybe we should follow these people around return the favor. Or maybe do something like this so people in Japan cant see your videos. https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6303378?hl=en
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-05-05 03:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Vpn do exists, But then again that would count as cheating as well!
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-05-05 03:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It's better than nothing, but there's always ways around stuff but how likely are these people to use VPN just to harass people? (Maybe high if they are obsessive self proclaimed GM's). All in all its still just a precaution.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-05 04:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure on the current state of things in Japan, but I wanted to say that years ago they had a wide arrange of tools/addons/plugins comparable to Windower. (some were actually pretty cool and I remember envying the fact that we didn't have addons/plugins like that for Windower back then)

Not sure to which extent they are shared among the JP community, it's quite possible the % of players using those tools is much smaller than that of us players from the west.
Regardless, those tools exist (or did exist), so it's not like they are the pure, untainted console-onry players someone seems to think they are.
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-05-05 05:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Japanese people having an issue with people who aren't Japanese, what a surprise... They can hide behind the fact it's the addons or whatever but let's be real it's cause they can be racist as ***.
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-05-05 05:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

THEY GO PEEPEE IN YOUR COKE
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2021-05-05 05:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine playing a MMO and spending your time trying to get other players removed. :Chuckle:
By RadialArcana 2021-05-05 06:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

"JP players" aren't the problem, a small group of players from any region are the problem. There are just as many western players complaining as JP.

Most JP players don't care what we do.
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-05-05 07:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
"JP players" aren't the problem, a small group of players from any region are the problem. There are just as many western players complaining as JP.

Correct, agreed. But JP players get weekly updates from the DEVs while we get translated, out-of-context replies from Director Fujito, twice/year. (Remember December and February's questions from Freshly picked Vanadiel? ...It was like whatever questions we gave in December didn't matter because they already had their questions picked based on what was said in the February video!). JP Players certainly have SE's ear.

SE just doesn't treat their customers fairly or consistently, whether single-boxer, multi-boxer, NA, EU or JP, etc.
 Asura.Jdove
By Asura.Jdove 2021-05-05 07:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »

Correct, agreed. But JP players get weekly updates from the DEVs while we get translated, out-of-context replies from Director Fujito, twice/year. (Remember December and February's questions from Freshly picked Vanadiel? ...It was like whatever questions we gave in December didn't matter because they already had their questions picked based on what was said in the February video!). JP Players certainly have SE's ear.

SE just doesn't treat their customers fairly or consistently, whether single-boxer, multi-boxer, NA, EU or JP, etc.

Well the fact that they speak the same language is probably one of the reasons why.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-05 07:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

As woke as it is to point out that it's not all JP players, there aren't visible NA or EU twitter groups dedicated to reporting bots. The JP are clearly much more aggressive about it.

Regardless, if it bothers you, the obvious solution is to not stream(or group with streamers) while cheating.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-05 07:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

My instincts are telling me the same thing indeed. Let me briefly tell you exactly how this shitstorm started. About a week ago Alicecat (associates of Xolla) posted a 10k segment run video that drew attention by those individuals or small group in that community, and then it came under scrutiny when a Japenese member in Alicecat's video called 'Exarch' was spotted using JAZero, and WS'ing while not engaged (GearSwap). Consequently that sparked a massive drama, which eventually led to someone finding my video too, along with the presence of Japanese players in it.

Personally, majority of my play is with Japanese players since we've made friends long ago and I've played with them ever since, this led me to build bridges with other members from the community too. When this drama started I started to have some doubts, about how my own friends may perceive me, knowing that I use Windower and Addons, so I consulted with a close friend, I asked him if any members in our own LS have any issues with the fact that I use Windower + Addons. I was delighted to learn that he's never heard any negative feedback from them about my play style, and in fact, many of them want to pursue quality of life improvements, and the only barrier is the learning curve. He did tell me however, that I should ignore these naysayers, since they will never stop talking about this subject, and their view of equality is distorted. The drama thread can be found in this link. Most browsers will be able to translate web pages without having to copy paste into a translator.

Anyway it feels good to get this stress of my chest and sharing what happened.
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-05-05 07:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
As woke as it is to point out that it's not all JP players, there aren't visible NA or EU twitter groups dedicated to reporting bots. The JP are clearly much more aggressive about it.

Regardless, if it bothers you, the obvious solution is to not stream(or group with streamers) while cheating.

This is true, and it strikes fear in my heart since their most recent post in that thread reads;

JP>EN
Quote:
Do you want to be the second Ejin?
Ejin also started the tool posting video → was eaten with a report combo, didn't it?
By RadialArcana 2021-05-05 09:19:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when I did HNM my shell often had to deal with a large JP HNM shell, this shell botted, used ASE etc all the normal stuff everyone else was using. They also got devastated during salvage bans.

I don't see the point making this a JP vs Eng issue just because of a twitter account, also my post wasn't aimed at Balduran because he pointed out it was just a few from the JP community doing it. It was at some of the following posts that went off on one about it.

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Has nothing to do with being woke, has everything to do with the twitter account people are complaining about gets single digit likes. It's not "the JP" it's a "few JP", just as many English speaking players complain about all this stuff on official forums and reddit. I really don't see the point making this into a us vs them argument when that is not the case at all. Even Balduran says he likes to play with a lot of JP players.

Asura is mostly all western players and you'll get reported just fine here too if you do anything stupid in the open.

https://twitter.com/FF11_guest

Majority of JP players just solo, and don't care. Most of them are adults as we are.

Felgarr said: »

This is because they can speak JP and understand JP culture, so conversations are easy. Not only does it cost money to have things translated, but western culture is bat**it crazy and the least little misunderstanding can cause mass outrage on twitter. The legal dept will not allow them to just have a chat in English.