First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-01 11:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This is why I recommended a long time ago to only use Izzat to pop chests and not use it for NMs. You waste a lot of time doing it this way, because you can get one that uses Physical shield on repeat, or one that uses full dispel, or one that has a weapon resistance to something in your group.

Adamantoise & Hydra are the worsttttttttt.

The fafnir kinda sucks too. It seems even if you stand on his paws he'll turn to directly breath you.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-01 11:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrm = bad, can spike flail, Horrid roar, and turn to breath you
Adamantoise = bad, can remove all songs and rolls, and then spam harden shell (more time wasted)
Hydra = bad, can use physical shield repeatedly every minute
Khimaira = bad, can use PD, Dreadstorm, Fulm, and just nasty moves. Not worth the wipe

Best ones to do IMO
Dvergr = cakewalk
Behemoth = can HF but he's not bad
Cerberus = can HF but not bad

They get kinda rough on floor 3. The hate reset mechanic on the #1 hate list is the worst part of these NMs. If you are having your tank hold it, they can lose hate from SP and then your DD can get wrecked from HF. Best to zerg it down or get into a DT set during SP.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-01 11:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
It seems even if you stand on his paws he'll turn to directly breath you.

Not it seems, it WILL turn to breathe attack you.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 13:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Tolba, the Adamantoise, exactely the same strength/difficulty/strat as the Unity one?
By eliroo 2021-03-01 13:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

They get kinda rough on floor 3. The hate reset mechanic on the #1 hate list is the worst part of these NMs. If you are having your tank hold it, they can lose hate from SP and then your DD can get wrecked from HF. Best to zerg it down or get into a DT set during SP.

Even in a turtle set a DD will just facetank the floor the moment Behemoth or Cerberus hit HF. Took us a few runs to realize it was a hate reset and that our RUN just wasn't lagging.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-01 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Is Tolba, the Adamantoise, exactely the same strength/difficulty/strat as the Unity one?
No, none of the NMs are.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-01 14:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »

Even in a turtle set a DD will just facetank the floor the moment Behemoth or Cerberus hit HF. Took us a few runs to realize it was a hate reset and that our RUN just wasn't lagging.
We have a PLD tank in our runs(Me.) so we've been abusing cover for this. Works great as long as you're lined up right and know who's going to get hate after the tank is reset.
By SimonSes 2021-03-01 14:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
eliroo said: »

We have a PLD tank in our runs(Me.) so we've been abusing cover for this. Works great as long as you're lined up right and know who's going to get hate after the tank is reset.

Also cant DRK just laugh at this with 9000+HP and Dread Spikes and Seigan+ThirdEye and some counter? MNK can just use SP2. THF can steal SP. You can also probably try to stack bio II or III and 25%-33% attack down and paralyze? I bet there is many ways to deal with it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-01 14:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Also cant DRK just laugh at this with 9000+HP and Dread Spikes and Seigan+ThirdEye and some counter? MNK can just use SP2. THF can steal SP. You can also probably try to stack bio II or III and 25%-33% attack down and paralyze? I bet there is many ways to deal with it.

Everything in Sheol C resists darkness, so it's not likely DRK will have that much HP. I have a Seigan Third Eye Max Counter Toggle that gives me an absurd physical melee hit protection rate, so that usually saves me. Just something to keep in mind, it's not a run ender by any means. Just the NMs I mentioned are ones that will cause this small issue, so be prepared for it.

All good things mentioned here, along with Cover from PLD. Another thing you can do is deliberately allow one DD to be the main hate target before SP, and if your tank is just under him (#2 on list), the NM will lock onto him instead. This saves your DD so only your tank gets the hate.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-01 14:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to convert the JP Sheol cheat sheet from the other page into English. Might be helpful for some. I don't know a word of Japanese, but I just went by what I knew from Odyssey and just figured it out. I added some things so that most of the frequently asked questions are all in the same place. Look it over and tell me if I captured it properly (it might be too small to read). The JP version is here.

[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-01 14:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
The nm's are all gimped down.

Wyrm, Adamantoise, Cerberus, Behemoth and Dverger all die within a couple mins. Those are the easiest to do. Hydra is annoying with the physical shield spam and the Khimaria... *** that guy he's just an *** hole.

Worth mentioning that Wyrm and Adamantoise can full dispel; we actively avoid popping these two so we don't lose SV/clarion songs. Hydra will do the shields that can set you back a random amount of time.

The best bet is to just have Sheda, Sarama, and Behemoth UNM items on hand and only pop those. I don't let Ethereal Junctions roulette us anymore, we just skip the roulettes. Not worth getting stuck in Adamantoise/Hydra hell.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 14:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
The nm's are all gimped down.

Wyrm, Adamantoise, Cerberus, Behemoth and Dverger all die within a couple mins. Those are the easiest to do. Hydra is annoying with the physical shield spam and the Khimaria... *** that guy he's just an *** hole.
Oh allright, because Tolba outside is no joke on DDs, I mean it's not the hardest thing around but I wouldn't call it an easy NM to confront with a DD heavy setup focused on slaughtering normal mobs.
 Bahamut.Belkin
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-01 14:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh allright, because Tolba outside is no joke on DDs, I mean it's not the hardest thing around but I wouldn't call it an easy NM to confront with a DD heavy setup focused on slaughtering normal mobs.

It dies easy enough in Sheol C; don't need any fancy buffs or magic damage. It's just the full dispel that will get ya.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 15:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

It dies easy enough in Sheol C; don't need any fancy buffs or magic damage. It's just the full dispel that will get ya.
Oddly enough I fought all other NMs in Sheol C and they were all pretty easy, as a matter of fact.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-01 15:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The adamantoise has 50% slashing resistance in C, so depending on your DDs it can be more or less annoying.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-01 17:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It does Invincible as well.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Viers
user: Vires
By Bahamut.Viers 2021-03-01 17:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Translated the picture says:

"The expected value is required during the life, the miscellaneous fish is avoided, the beast is A, the NM is B.

The beast-man segment and Izat are 6+circle total reduction time."

Thats what yandex.com gave me.

Also the yellow translated to "Required". Which sounds like evasion like you have.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-01 17:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with some of the NMs in C while on a segment run isn't difficulty, they're just time killers. The ones who can either full dispel or Invincible/Immunities can grind a fast-paced and time-restricted event like this to a halt, not with death, but with just dead time.

While we do want to vary the NMs we pop in runs, its hard to deny that Cerberus/Behemoth are just free segments when compared against the annoyances of the others.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-01 18:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Viers said: »
Translated the picture says:

"The expected value is required during the life, the miscellaneous fish is avoided, the beast is A, the NM is B.

The beast-man segment and Izat are 6+circle total reduction time."

Thats what yandex.com gave me.

Also the yellow translated to "Required". Which sounds like evasion like you have.

Thank you.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-03-02 04:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a JP cheatsheet that lists all of the values.

Could you provide a link to this - does this cheatsheet also list values for Sheol A & B?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-02 05:27:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone posted it on my discord, I don't know the source of it. There's probably one for A/B but I would not have any way of finding it. This one is for Sheol C. Try Google reverse image search?

Edit: was able to find the image on Twitter
https://twitter.com/Aramith9/status/1360115822702653449?s=20

Can dig later to decode the other image,. Might have only had one for C.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-03-08 18:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Episode 15 is out covering Segment Farming. Ruaumoko was nice enough to drop in and share his expert strategies as well! Hope this helps people who are struggling to farm segments.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-08 18:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I am ashamed to say there were a few errors on the C3/C4 NM/Beastmen Segments total list, that I have since updated. They are mostly self-explanatory (I forgot to copy a column over instead of downward, so you see repeating values that conflict and aren't adding the actual value), but if you are reading that chart, just be aware of that. Nobody mentioned it but I didn't think anybody would reference it officially, so here's a cleaned up version!

[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-03-08 19:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I am ashamed to say there were a few errors on the C3/C4 NM/Beastmen Segments total list, that I have since updated. They are mostly self-explanatory (I forgot to copy a column over instead of downward, so you see repeating values that conflict and aren't adding the actual value), but if you are reading that chart, just be aware of that. Nobody mentioned it but I didn't think anybody would reference it officially, so here's a cleaned up version!

Thank you! I was curious why the BM totals for C3 and C4 looked low but didn't think anything of it as my focus was purely on C1 and C2... Added a link to the updated sheet in the top pinned comment. Thanks again!