Odyssey Segment Farming

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey Segment Farming
Odyssey Segment Farming
Offline
Posts: 12091
By Draylo 2021-02-19 11:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I disagree, I found Delve to be more fun than this.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
Posts: 895
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-19 11:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I wasn't disagreeing. I also liked delve more. I only said the color schemes made the event a bit more interesting than it would have been had they used something more bland. I never said it made odyssey better than the original.
 Asura.Nuance
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
Posts: 343
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-19 11:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I wish they would have at least not used WOE for it but instead maybe I dunno re used... temenos and Apollyon
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-19 12:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
They probably used the WoE maps because they are so obnoxiously annoying in size, and they were going for the overly time-consuming thing here. They made all of Odyssey a grind-filled time sink that you cannot spam and get over with in a week's worth. Huge maps. Long MM grinds. Low segment returns. 30min/day. RP and Atonement tier grinds. Everything about the event is about making it take as long as possible. The fact that the lag is so bad just fits in perfectly with the whole theme of Odyssey
[+]
Offline
Posts: 404
By Crossbones 2021-02-19 12:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I think it would be a good idea to have a list somewhere of what mobs are weak to what. I don't have a ton of time (in class in zoom atm just on a break) but crabs and lamia seem to be weak to pierce. Not sure what jagils are weak to, doesn't seem either slash or pierce, maybe blunt? I know leaden wrecks them. Mamool are slashing I believe.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-19 12:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Crossbones said: »
I think it would be a good idea to have a list somewhere of what mobs are weak to what. I don't have a ton of time (in class in zoom atm just on a break) but crabs and lamia seem to be weak to pierce. Not sure what jagils are weak to, doesn't seem either slash or pierce, maybe blunt? I know leaden wrecks them. Mamool are slashing I believe.

I was in the process of making a thread two days ago with this same concept, but I scrapped the idea. I agree it would be helpful.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2560
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-19 12:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I guess I should have posted this over here. I did so in the main odyssey thread, then it hit a new page right after without so much as a comment or like. lol.

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I found this in a JP blog post and thought it might be a useful reference for segment farming. The post was about Sheol C, so I don't know if this extends to A and B, though. Also, the usual google translate disclaimer, I can't read JP. lol.

It's a listing of each mob type's dmg resistance. Seems like rather than having a weakness, each mob just resists one dmg type.
Quote:
Slash resist: Aquans / Undead / Lamia
Blunt resist: Lizard / Bird / Dragon / Troll
Pierce resist: Beasts / Arcana / Demon / Mamoolja
Magic resist: Vermins / Plantoids / Amorphs

And some info on a few of the Sheol C NMs.
Quote:
NMs
Chaos steward: Pierce resist
Asena(Cerb): Pierce resist
Lotanu(Wyrm) Blunt resist
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-19 13:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply
 
We knew about the NM resistances, but the list of family/resistances is very helpful.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: larrymc
Posts: 172
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-02-23 08:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Good morning all!

On that note, has anyone compiled a list of odyssey families that can be doomed?

I have been working on a list (as I'm sure others have too)

What I have so far:

Doom fails on : tiger, big bird, bats, undead, hecteyes, ghosts, leech, Ameratat, chigoe, scorpion, clots, weapons, dahak
Doom works on : Wasp, Marid, Wamoura, vulture, leopard, treant, akpaulla, goobbue, raptor, ziz, jagil, sampling, beetle, bugard, wyvern, colibri, rabits
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-23 09:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Doom fails on : tiger,

Is this list from Sheol C? I have a video from B where I landed it on Tigers in Sheol B.

Not sure what would prevent monsters from being immune to it in C. Do you know if it could be an issue with macc? What message are you getting? Resists? Or it lands but nothing happens?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 986
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-23 09:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Good morning all!

On that note, has anyone compiled a list of odyssey families that can be doomed?

I have been working on a list (as I'm sure others have too)

What I have so far:

Doom fails on : tiger, big bird, bats, undead, hecteyes, ghosts, leech, Ameratat, chigoe, scorpion, clots, weapons, dahak
Doom works on : Wasp, Marid, Wamoura, vulture, leopard, treant, akpaulla, goobbue, raptor, ziz, jagil, sampling, beetle, bugard, wyvern, colibri, rabits

The mobs that doom in C may or may not in B. PLease specify which zone, as they do not match in terms of doomable families.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: larrymc
Posts: 172
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-02-23 09:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The list I have built was from Sheol C only.
 Odin.Senaki
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
Posts: 758
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-23 11:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Good morning all!

On that note, has anyone compiled a list of odyssey families that can be doomed?

I have been working on a list (as I'm sure others have too)

What I have so far:

Doom fails on : tiger, big bird, bats, undead, hecteyes, ghosts, leech, Ameratat, chigoe, scorpion, clots, weapons, dahak
Doom works on : Wasp, Marid, Wamoura, vulture, leopard, treant, akpaulla, goobbue, raptor, ziz, jagil, sampling, beetle, bugard, wyvern, colibri, rabits

Interesting, so just skip the mobs it doesn't work on and go to the ones it does?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Offline
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
Posts: 986
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-23 11:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Odin.Senaki said: »
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Good morning all!

On that note, has anyone compiled a list of odyssey families that can be doomed?

I have been working on a list (as I'm sure others have too)

What I have so far:

Doom fails on : tiger, big bird, bats, undead, hecteyes, ghosts, leech, Ameratat, chigoe, scorpion, clots, weapons, dahak
Doom works on : Wasp, Marid, Wamoura, vulture, leopard, treant, akpaulla, goobbue, raptor, ziz, jagil, sampling, beetle, bugard, wyvern, colibri, rabits

Interesting, so just skip the mobs it doesn't work on and go to the ones it does?

Yes. We farm Shoal B for acouple reasons. Hides > wings. More mobs doom than C.

Also based solely off this forum. We are getting more gil (but less segments) Our runs are like 4-4.5K segments.
 Odin.Senaki
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
Posts: 758
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-23 17:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Good morning all!

On that note, has anyone compiled a list of odyssey families that can be doomed?

I have been working on a list (as I'm sure others have too)

What I have so far:

Doom fails on : tiger, big bird, bats, undead, hecteyes, ghosts, leech, Ameratat, chigoe, scorpion, clots, weapons, dahak
Doom works on : Wasp, Marid, Wamoura, vulture, leopard, treant, akpaulla, goobbue, raptor, ziz, jagil, sampling, beetle, bugard, wyvern, colibri, rabits

Interesting, so just skip the mobs it doesn't work on and go to the ones it does?

Yes. We farm Shoal B for acouple reasons. Hides > wings. More mobs doom than C.

Also based solely off this forum. We are getting more gil (but less segments) Our runs are like 4-4.5K segments.

I see. Is there a list someone has compiled for B-mobs that doom?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-23 18:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
The only monsters that I physically observed are immune/resistant to doom are ones that are aligned to the magic/dark or Undead (Flans, Tauri, Evil Weapons (these might doom in B though), bats)
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: erasmuss
Posts: 145
By Asura.Jdove 2021-02-23 18:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What are the people yelling "Must have warp 6" talking about?
Offline
Posts: 2728
By Taint 2021-02-23 18:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Jdove said: »
What are the people yelling "Must have warp 6" talking about?

B has a translocator on floor 6.
 Odin.Senaki
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
Posts: 758
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-23 19:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Taint said: »
Asura.Jdove said: »
What are the people yelling "Must have warp 6" talking about?

B has a translocator on floor 6.

Oooh, that makes sense.

Heh I don't have it unlocked myself yet.
Offline
By Shichishito 2021-02-26 14:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The only monsters that I physically observed are immune/resistant to doom are ones that are aligned to the magic/dark or Undead (Flans, Tauri, Evil Weapons (these might doom in B though), bats)
it's not just dark aligned monsters, just had a run shoel B with leeches (water aligned) and doom didn't hat one of them. outside of undead i don't really see a pattern yet, seems random spaghetti code.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: larrymc
Posts: 172
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-03-01 03:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I see some people say they pop UNM NMs for segment farming. But I cannot find anywhere how many segments you get for killing a UNM pop NM? Is it a static number or does it depend on the floor?
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 7646
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 03:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I think it's a static value and it goes up the more NMs you pop on the same run.
Offline
Posts: 4790
By SimonSes 2021-03-01 04:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
I think it's a static value and it goes up the more NMs you pop on the same run.

Nah, it goes up with floor. Higher floor NMs are higher lvl.

In A its 80,100,120,140,160,180,200 I think. Idk for B and C from memory.
Offline
Posts: 198
By malakef 2021-03-01 05:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Starts at 280 in C. We used to pop them but recently stopped. Easiest one in C is actually the TC knockoff.
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
Posts: 7646
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 06:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Are you sure this applies to both the random NM and the ones popped with mats?

Because I seem to recall we popped 2 NMs on the same floor (Random and Mats one) and the second gave more segments than the first.
I'm not 100% sure though...
Offline
Posts: 4790
By SimonSes 2021-03-01 06:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Sechs said: »
Are you sure this applies to both the random NM and the ones popped with mats?

Because I seem to recall we popped 2 NMs on the same floor (Random and Mats one) and the second gave more segments than the first.
I'm not 100% sure though...

Idk about poped with Izzat I have never done that since they added Segments.
Offline
Posts: 198
By malakef 2021-03-01 07:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
They might both scale but separately? When we were popping them in C we would do one item pop and one izzat pop on floor one and I thought we got the same for both. And side note whatever random one pops from izzat you can not pop again with mats. Can only fight the NM once per run regardless how it was popped.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: larrymc
Posts: 172
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-03-01 10:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
malakef said: »
Starts at 280 in C. We used to pop them but recently stopped. Easiest one in C is actually the TC knockoff.

Why did you stop? - Did you find that popping the NMs are not as effective in segment farming as clearing halos or clearing fodder?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-01 11:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Larrymc said: »
malakef said: »
Starts at 280 in C. We used to pop them but recently stopped. Easiest one in C is actually the TC knockoff.

Why did you stop? - Did you find that popping the NMs are not as effective in segment farming as clearing halos or clearing fodder?

Random pop NM's from the Angon pop is a genuinely roulette (along with damage resistances like everything else in C). And every so often NM's just go rage-mode for no apparent reason and cost us more segments for the time spent fighting them than clearing the entire floor of Nostos.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-01 11:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Are you sure this applies to both the random NM and the ones popped with mats?

Because I seem to recall we popped 2 NMs on the same floor (Random and Mats one) and the second gave more segments than the first.
I'm not 100% sure though...

Idk about poped with Izzat I have never done that since they added Segments.

I mentioned this a while ago in this thread. They give the same exact points for random izzat NM and UNM.

Sheol C
1-280
2-300
3-320
4-340

Here is a JP cheatsheet that lists all of the values.



Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Random pop NM's from the Angon pop is a genuinely roulette. And every so often NM's just go rage-mode for no apparent reason and cost us more segments for the time spent fighting them than clearing the entire floor of Nostos.

This is why I recommended a long time ago to only use Izzat to pop chests and not use it for NMs. You waste a lot of time doing it this way, because you can get one that uses Physical shield on repeat, or one that uses full dispel, or one that has a weapon resistance to something in your group.
Log in to post.