2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » Odyssey Segment Farming
Odyssey Segment Farming
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Draylo 2021-02-19 11:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree, I found Delve to be more fun than this.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-19 11:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't disagreeing. I also liked delve more. I only said the color schemes made the event a bit more interesting than it would have been had they used something more bland. I never said it made odyssey better than the original.
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-19 11:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish they would have at least not used WOE for it but instead maybe I dunno re used... temenos and Apollyon
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-19 12:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably used the WoE maps because they are so obnoxiously annoying in size, and they were going for the overly time-consuming thing here. They made all of Odyssey a grind-filled time sink that you cannot spam and get over with in a week's worth. Huge maps. Long MM grinds. Low segment returns. 30min/day. RP and Atonement tier grinds. Everything about the event is about making it take as long as possible. The fact that the lag is so bad just fits in perfectly with the whole theme of Odyssey
[+]
By Crossbones 2021-02-19 12:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it would be a good idea to have a list somewhere of what mobs are weak to what. I don't have a ton of time (in class in zoom atm just on a break) but crabs and lamia seem to be weak to pierce. Not sure what jagils are weak to, doesn't seem either slash or pierce, maybe blunt? I know leaden wrecks them. Mamool are slashing I believe.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-19 12:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
I think it would be a good idea to have a list somewhere of what mobs are weak to what. I don't have a ton of time (in class in zoom atm just on a break) but crabs and lamia seem to be weak to pierce. Not sure what jagils are weak to, doesn't seem either slash or pierce, maybe blunt? I know leaden wrecks them. Mamool are slashing I believe.

I was in the process of making a thread two days ago with this same concept, but I scrapped the idea. I agree it would be helpful.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-19 12:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I should have posted this over here. I did so in the main odyssey thread, then it hit a new page right after without so much as a comment or like. lol.

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I found this in a JP blog post and thought it might be a useful reference for segment farming. The post was about Sheol C, so I don't know if this extends to A and B, though. Also, the usual google translate disclaimer, I can't read JP. lol.

It's a listing of each mob type's dmg resistance. Seems like rather than having a weakness, each mob just resists one dmg type.
Quote:
Slash resist: Aquans / Undead / Lamia
Blunt resist: Lizard / Bird / Dragon / Troll
Pierce resist: Beasts / Arcana / Demon / Mamoolja
Magic resist: Vermins / Plantoids / Amorphs

And some info on a few of the Sheol C NMs.
Quote:
NMs
Chaos steward: Pierce resist
Asena(Cerb): Pierce resist
Lotanu(Wyrm) Blunt resist
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-19 13:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

We knew about the NM resistances, but the list of family/resistances is very helpful.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-02-23 08:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
Good morning all!

On that note, has anyone compiled a list of odyssey families that can be doomed?

I have been working on a list (as I'm sure others have too)

What I have so far:

Doom fails on : tiger, big bird, bats, undead, hecteyes, ghosts, leech, Ameratat, chigoe, scorpion, clots, weapons, dahak
Doom works on : Wasp, Marid, Wamoura, vulture, leopard, treant, akpaulla, goobbue, raptor, ziz, jagil, sampling, beetle, bugard, wyvern, colibri, rabits
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-23 09:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
Doom fails on : tiger,

Is this list from Sheol C? I have a video from B where I landed it on Tigers in Sheol B.

Not sure what would prevent monsters from being immune to it in C. Do you know if it could be an issue with macc? What message are you getting? Resists? Or it lands but nothing happens?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-23 09:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning all!

On that note, has anyone compiled a list of odyssey families that can be doomed?

What I have so far:

Doom fails on : tiger, big bird, bats, undead, hecteyes, ghosts, leech, Ameratat, chigoe, scorpion, clots, weapons, dahak
Doom works on : Wasp, Marid, Wamoura, vulture, leopard, treant, akpaulla, goobbue, raptor, ziz, jagil, sampling, beetle, bugard, wyvern, colibri, rabits

The mobs that doom in C may or may not in B. PLease specify which zone, as they do not match in terms of doomable families.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-02-23 09:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The list I have built was from Sheol C only.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-23 11:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning all!

What I have so far:

Interesting, so just skip the mobs it doesn't work on and go to the ones it does?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-23 11:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Good morning all!

What I have so far:

Interesting, so just skip the mobs it doesn't work on and go to the ones it does?

Yes. We farm Shoal B for acouple reasons. Hides > wings. More mobs doom than C.

Also based solely off this forum. We are getting more gil (but less segments) Our runs are like 4-4.5K segments.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-23 17:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Good morning all!

What I have so far:

Yes. We farm Shoal B for acouple reasons. Hides > wings. More mobs doom than C.

Also based solely off this forum. We are getting more gil (but less segments) Our runs are like 4-4.5K segments.

I see. Is there a list someone has compiled for B-mobs that doom?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-23 18:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The only monsters that I physically observed are immune/resistant to doom are ones that are aligned to the magic/dark or Undead (Flans, Tauri, Evil Weapons (these might doom in B though), bats)
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2021-02-23 18:30:43
Link | Quote | Reply

What are the people yelling "Must have warp 6" talking about?
By Taint 2021-02-23 18:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »

B has a translocator on floor 6.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-23 19:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Asura.Jdove said: »

B has a translocator on floor 6.

Oooh, that makes sense.

Heh I don't have it unlocked myself yet.
By Shichishito 2021-02-26 14:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The only monsters that I physically observed are immune/resistant to doom are ones that are aligned to the magic/dark or Undead (Flans, Tauri, Evil Weapons (these might doom in B though), bats)
it's not just dark aligned monsters, just had a run shoel B with leeches (water aligned) and doom didn't hat one of them. outside of undead i don't really see a pattern yet, seems random spaghetti code.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-03-01 03:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I see some people say they pop UNM NMs for segment farming. But I cannot find anywhere how many segments you get for killing a UNM pop NM? Is it a static number or does it depend on the floor?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 03:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's a static value and it goes up the more NMs you pop on the same run.
By SimonSes 2021-03-01 04:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
I think it's a static value and it goes up the more NMs you pop on the same run.

Nah, it goes up with floor. Higher floor NMs are higher lvl.

In A its 80,100,120,140,160,180,200 I think. Idk for B and C from memory.
By malakef 2021-03-01 05:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Starts at 280 in C. We used to pop them but recently stopped. Easiest one in C is actually the TC knockoff.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-01 06:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you sure this applies to both the random NM and the ones popped with mats?

Because I seem to recall we popped 2 NMs on the same floor (Random and Mats one) and the second gave more segments than the first.
I'm not 100% sure though...
By SimonSes 2021-03-01 06:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Because I seem to recall we popped 2 NMs on the same floor (Random and Mats one) and the second gave more segments than the first.

Idk about poped with Izzat I have never done that since they added Segments.
By malakef 2021-03-01 07:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They might both scale but separately? When we were popping them in C we would do one item pop and one izzat pop on floor one and I thought we got the same for both. And side note whatever random one pops from izzat you can not pop again with mats. Can only fight the NM once per run regardless how it was popped.
 Shiva.Larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2021-03-01 10:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »
Starts at 280 in C. We used to pop them but recently stopped. Easiest one in C is actually the TC knockoff.

Why did you stop? - Did you find that popping the NMs are not as effective in segment farming as clearing halos or clearing fodder?
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-01 11:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

malakef said: »

Why did you stop? - Did you find that popping the NMs are not as effective in segment farming as clearing halos or clearing fodder?

Random pop NM's from the Angon pop is a genuinely roulette (along with damage resistances like everything else in C). And every so often NM's just go rage-mode for no apparent reason and cost us more segments for the time spent fighting them than clearing the entire floor of Nostos.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-01 11:07:21
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Idk about poped with Izzat I have never done that since they added Segments.

I mentioned this a while ago in this thread. They give the same exact points for random izzat NM and UNM.

Sheol C
1-280
2-300
3-320
4-340

Here is a JP cheatsheet that lists all of the values.

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Random pop NM's from the Angon pop is a genuinely roulette. And every so often NM's just go rage-mode for no apparent reason and cost us more segments for the time spent fighting them than clearing the entire floor of Nostos.

This is why I recommended a long time ago to only use Izzat to pop chests and not use it for NMs. You waste a lot of time doing it this way, because you can get one that uses Physical shield on repeat, or one that uses full dispel, or one that has a weapon resistance to something in your group.