First Page 2 3 4 ... 20 21 22
 Bahamut.Suph
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-01-14 19:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Rive016 said: »
Has anyone got the horn!? I would like to know if 1) the horn stacks with carn or does it do a flat 15min 2) can you put up 4 songs in a harp and 1 song in that horn and potentially sing 5 songs! D:

No and most likely no. SE say the duration doesnt stack with other duration gear and extra song from Terpander don’t stack with Daurdabla so i doubt this would work differently
[+]
By Genoxd 2021-01-14 19:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Rive016 said: »
Has anyone got the horn!? I would like to know if 1) the horn stacks with carn or does it do a flat 15min 2) can you put up 4 songs in a harp and 1 song in that horn and potentially sing 5 songs! D:

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Miracle_Cheer

Short answer don't get it unless you want to be lazy or something
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2021-01-14 21:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Miracle Cheer is likely the best weapon.

Pros:
BiS for Soul Voice, (potentially)Marcato for non Honor March
Lets you do ~17-18 mins of SV songs.
Lets you untie your Buffing from Nitro.
Let's you reapply 15 min SV songs to a DD if they die while you have SV active and no Nitro. (SV is 3.5mins duration, Nitro 1min20 duration)
BiS for party rotation. Allows for easy buffing of multiple parties.
BiS for outside buffing.
Lets you force long Ballads as QoL adjustment
Lets you buff in full empyrean for set bonus.
You never have to do less than 15 min songs again if you don't want to except Honor March.
Only have to use Daurdabla 99 for 1 song.
Probably will never get replaced - I can't see Bard ever getting 15min non Troubadour songs.
Is item level proof.
You're still free to buff with Carn/Gjallarhorn if you want to.

Cons:
Can't cast Honor March with it which makes Honor March a headache.
10% less potency than Gjallarhorn.

This assumes everything works as expected with it. Still remains to be seen how good Fast Blade II is on the Onion Sword III and Dragon Blow on Dragon Fangs.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Genoxd 2021-01-15 00:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »

Pros:

Not sure how less potency is bis for soul voice and devs said no duration stuff stacks with the 15min duration. It's 15min.
 Asura.Briko
Server: Asura
user: briko
By Asura.Briko 2021-01-15 01:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone sleepin on onion sword 3
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2021-01-15 01:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Genoxd said: »

Pros:

Not sure how less potency is bis for soul voice and devs said no duration stuff stacks with the 15min duration. It's 15min.

unless you're doing something short like a zerg, it's better because you're able to have Soul Voiced songs longer. you could opt in to sing with Gjallarhorn for an extra Song+1, but after 11 min or so you're going to have to go back to singing normal songs that are not as good as SV songs. by using Miracle Cheer, you're able to hang on to those Soul Voice songs for a few minutes longer, and it will be better overall.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-01-15 01:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I really hope we never find out what Fast Blade II is lol
By Draylo 2021-01-15 01:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I really despise the idea behind these weapons
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2021-01-15 01:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »
I really hope we never find out what Fast Blade II is lol

kind of like Judgment Day. I'm sure it does nothing, but I don't think anyone can confirm that it doesn't do anything lol
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-15 02:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope can confirm Judgement Day picked it up today since mule won Rank 1. Moghancement: Lightning aura strength is less then 11 8. Will figure out actual aura strength later today.

May get lucky and it does something like coffer or kitchen but doubtful.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-15 02:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
Nope can confirm Judgement Day picked it up today since mule won Rank 1. Moghancement: Lightning aura strength is less then 11. Will figure out actual aura strength later today.

You got rank 1 on mule and didnt take Onion Sword or h2h. Shame...
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-01-15 03:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Really hope a BLU managed to get Ice Brand.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-15 03:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Nope can confirm Judgement Day picked it up today since mule won Rank 1. Moghancement: Lightning aura strength is less then 11 8. Will figure out actual aura strength later today.

Can't dbox them so saw 0 point.
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-01-15 03:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Folks (including myself) really want to know what Fast Blade II is.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2021-01-15 03:55:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cordyfox said: »
Folks (including myself) really want to know what Fast Blade II is.
Me too but I also know a lot wanted to know what Judgement Day's aura was.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-15 04:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Genoxd said: »

Pros:

He meant that you can reapply SV songs again after almost 3min of SV active and reset their duration to 15min again. You dont need Troubadour for song duration, so nothing stops you from doing that. Normally when SV is still active after 2min+ you cant reapply songs like that, because without Troubadour you would actually put 5min songs instead of 10min+. So its almost 3min+15min with Miracle vs ~1114min with Carn+Gjallahorn. If you do event like Odyssey or anything else that last longer than 15min, getting SV songs with 1 less potency for 18min is easily better than SV songs with 1 more potency but 11 14min. EDIT: I realized you can still put nonNitro songs with SV and reapply them with NITRO ~3 minutes into SV. That is a risky strategy tho. If you fail to reapply with NITRO, you will end up with 5min SV songs. If you fail to reapply with Miracle, you still has 15min SV songs.

It also let you EASILY put 15 SV songs in 3 parties if needed. Because you are not bound to NITRO duration (so you use NITRO in the first party just to cast last song, which is honormarch. Then switch to party#2, put 5 songs up fast, then switch to party#3 and start with honormarch (after that, you dont have to be worry about NITRO anymore, since rest of the songs will be 15 minutes anyway). So NITRO is only needed to be up from last song in party#1 to first song in party#3, instead for all songs for all parties. All songs beside honormarch will also last longer.

Its also amazing QoL for something like dynamis.
DD in your party died 2min after you did NITRO songs? What you do normally? You apply 4 songs to that poor guy using Piannisimo 6 times. Now he has 4x 5 minutes songs. So you will need to sing 5 min songs again in 5 minutes for whole party (destroying Marcato song for everyone beside that DD), or just rebuff this guy again using 4x Piannisimo. Then in another 3-5 min after that (depends what if you rebuffed whole party or one DD) songs on rest of the party will start to wear, so you need to do another NITRO rotation. TONS of wasted time.
Now what you do if you have Miracle? You can ignore +1 potency and simply rebuff whole party (including raised DD) with 15 min songs and just Piannisimo Honormarch on raised DD or if you care for +1 potency on minuets/madrigals, you can just rebuff 5 times to 3x15 min songs and 5min honormarch on that one raised DD. All you will need to do till next Nitro rotation is Piannisimo honormarch this raised DD once.

Now you can make it even easier if you completely ignore +1 potency (+7 Victory march and Honormarch is still enough to cap magic haste, so all you will lose is 12 attack and 6 acc on Minuet V and Blade Madrigal or just 12 attack if 4th song for farming is Scherzo. Thats almost nothing) and use Nitro rotation just for Honormarch (and Piannisimo not being required for reapplying songs to dead people), making your life SO MUCH EASIER.
By SimonSes 2021-01-15 06:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Nope can confirm Judgement Day picked it up today since mule won Rank 1. Moghancement: Lightning aura strength is less then 11. Will figure out actual aura strength later today.

They could change that in the future tho :P
By SimonSes 2021-01-15 06:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone with eyes on JP forum can provide some info if JP players even post about this weapons being hide behind Bonanza only? Or maybe someone get Onion sword III or H2H and tested it?
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-01-15 07:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if SE has any intention of making these uhh.. "more common".
I know a lot of folks didn't care for the 200k marble, but I would have happily bought 10 of them on one character. Less chance at what we are seeing now, where the winners are mainly on mules that can never utilize the rewards.. That or maybe put these at rank 2 rewards... Guess we'll have to wait till may when the anniversary bonanza goes up typically..
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-01-15 08:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure there are JP's who voiced their displeasure by now too. The concept of gating equipment, especially potentially best in slot equipment behind a random lottery is really bad game design. The kupo shield is one thing; all that does is help you craft better. Gil can be obtained by other means and has no direct correlation on your combat ability. Similarly, things like Moogle Rod are just glamor items. And when they offered fully fleshed out REMAs they weren't offering anything you couldn't get through normal means. None of that gives you an edge in the battle system over other players. Here though, you can't put in the effort to get them. Either you get lucky or that's it, and these can potentially give you a unique edge in combat. That kind of item design is always met with resentment from the community, and most game developers steer clear of making such things because they know it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-15 08:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
I wonder if SE has any intention of making these uhh.. "more common".
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The concept of gating equipment, especially potentially best in slot equipment

Get your Odyssey clears before they put the weapons in February rewards.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-01-15 08:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

They'll just keep putting them in bonanzas, that's sufficient enough to keep giving you chances at them
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2021-01-15 08:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I hope everyone who got rank 1 get anything but the weapons.

Judgement Day all day long.

That will teach SE in gating weapons on a lottery.
By SimonSes 2021-01-15 08:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
They'll just keep putting them in bonanzas, that's sufficient enough to keep giving you chances at them

I hope not. Its not like those weapons are needed to convince people to buy Bonanza Pearl, especially that you cant send them, so there is no initiative to buy Pearls on mules if you only care for weapons. They would have same/better result of people buying Pearl if they would put even something silly like 200M reward in rank 1.
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-01-15 08:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
You know, I hope everyone who got rank 1 get anything but the weapons.

Judgement Day all day long.

That will teach SE in gating weapons on a lottery.

To late for that! Someone already picked up the ice brand, which doesn't seem half bad at all. I'm to lazy to look, but they showed some testing results of on page 2, I believe.
By SimonSes 2021-01-15 09:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

KyLouie16 said: »
Got a rank 1 win on my cor / DD toon. Trying to decide what to get. If the onion sword sucks I'm thinking I might just got with the abdhaljs tome.

Not sure how to post a picture in this post so here's a link to the picture on my google drive

Just get the Onion Sword III and test it. Be our Hero!
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-01-15 09:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Have SE explicitly stated the weapons are staying lottery-exclusive? I figured it was more of a prerelease type thing, and they'll come from the end of Odyssey.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 20 21 22