New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » 2021 Mog Bonanza
2021 Mog Bonanza
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22
By SimonSes 2022-07-14 17:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
Simon, since you are good with numbers, would you happen to have an estimate on what the PDL needed for the gsword to "compete" with lets say... a mont? or cala?

I can try to check it tomorrow. Too late for me today.
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-14 17:24:18
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Simon, since you are good with numbers, would you happen to have an estimate on what the PDL needed for the gsword to "compete" with lets say... a mont? or cala?

Awesome and thank you in advance.
No rush, I've got what, 15-29? more days to decide? :D
By IGDC 2022-07-14 18:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 1 prize here.
Not sure what to get. Leaning towards onion sword. Has fastblade2 been tested yet? Or Brave Blade III?

Get the h2h and finally tell us all wtf 'Dragon Blow' is.
By Aerix 2022-07-14 18:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

IGDC said: »
Rank 1 prize here.
Not sure what to get. Leaning towards onion sword. Has fastblade2 been tested yet? Or Brave Blade III?

JP wiki already answered this. It's supposedly a stronger version of Howling Fist with the Distortion element instead.

If I had to wager a guess I'd say it has higher fTP than HF but not the massive Attack bonus. If I ever get a Rank 1 I'll definitely pick up Dragon Fangs for PUP, but who knows if that'll ever happen.
 Ragnarok.Casey
Server: Ragnarok
user: Casey
By Ragnarok.Casey 2022-07-14 18:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
is there a working version of Altana/Model Viewer out there somewhere so I can see what the rank 3 lockstyle pieces look like on something other than a tarutaru?
Dunno how to do the .DATs for altana view but I got these 2 in game
By IGDC 2022-07-14 19:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
IGDC said: »
Rank 1 prize here.

JP wiki already answered this. It's supposedly a stronger version of Howling Fist with the Distortion element instead.

If I had to wager a guess I'd say it has higher fTP than HF but not the massive Attack bonus. If I ever get a Rank 1 I'll definitely pick up Dragon Fangs for PUP, but who knows if that'll ever happen.

Thanks for that, I did not know!
By Pantafernando 2022-07-14 20:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like it got very easy to hit a rank 1 now
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-07-14 21:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Only three digits, so 1/1000 and free login campaign plus 2 tries per character gave people up to 32 tries per account, so ~3% chance per account. If you are a 6-boxer, you are up near 20%.
By Draylo 2022-07-14 22:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder what Reraise V looks like? and dammit, didn't realize they had those sphere bodies under omen rank3 reward
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-14 23:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 1 prize here.
May I ask if you picked the number yourself or if you let the moogle pick it for you?
If you remember, that is
By macsdf1 2022-07-15 00:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I won two things

Jack, and ***
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-15 01:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »

How you can tell its stronger, when there is no details about it? i would say it's an exact copy of Fast Blade II, which would make it weaker version of Howling fist.

Unless while they copying it to h2h, they make it 3hit (2hit main +1 sub), then it would be stronger.
By Ruaumoko 2022-07-15 02:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Distortion on Hand-to-Hand is really good, it's the only skillchain category the weapon class lacks.

It also works well with Stringing Pummel and Asuran Fists to let PUP and MNK solo Darkness. Actually, focusing on PUP for a bit longer.

Dragon Blow > Magic Mortar (Fusion) > Victory Smite (Light) > Victory Smite (Double Light)
Victory Smite > String Shredder (Distortion) > Shijin Spiral (Fusion) > Stringing Pummel (Gravitation) > Tactical Switch - Dragon Blow (Darkness)
Shijin Spiral > Armor Piercer (Gravitation) > Dragon Blow (Darkness)

Not sure I'd take Dragon Fangs over Yagyu Darkblade but hearing that it gives Distortion to PUP and MNK puts it up a fair bit.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-15 03:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome and thank you in advance.
No rush, I've got what, 15-29? more days to decide? :D

Kinda looks like 25%-35%PDL to match Calad with Torc. Mostly that much, because Resolution set has lots of PDL anyway, so additional one isnt as effective. You would also reach like 80%PDL in that Reso set with that much on Brave Blade III, which means you would need 7.65 cRatio with WS that has build-in Attack Penalty, so good luck with that :D

Much less (like 10%) to beat Montante +1 for Reso and around 25% to match Calad Reso with AM3.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-15 03:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Distortion on Hand-to-Hand is really good, it's the only skillchain category the weapon class lacks.

It also works well with Stringing Pummel and Asuran Fists to let PUP and MNK solo Darkness. Actually, focusing on PUP for a bit longer.

Dragon Blow > Magic Mortar (Fusion) > Victory Smite (Light) > Victory Smite (Double Light)
Victory Smite > String Shredder (Distortion) > Shijin Spiral (Fusion) > Stringing Pummel (Gravitation) > Tactical Switch - Dragon Blow (Darkness)
Shijin Spiral > Armor Piercer (Gravitation) > Dragon Blow (Darkness)

Not sure I'd take Dragon Fangs over Yagyu Darkblade but hearing that it gives Distortion to PUP and MNK puts it up a fair bit.

Then comes Prime h2h with Distortion/Darkness properties and both stronger WS and melee :)
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2022-07-15 03:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
May I ask if you picked the number yourself or if you let the moogle pick it for you?
If you remember, that is
Moogle. I 4box, so I let it select never to have the same last digit to better increase the chance of winning the rank 3.
And if you are curious, I actually won both the rank 1 and 3 on Humpo. Nothing on my alts.

Kinda looks like 25%-35%PDL to match Calad with Torc. Mostly that much, because Resolution set has lots of PDL anyway, so additional one isnt as effective. You would also reach like 80%PDL in that Reso set with that much on Brave Blade III, which means you would need 7.65 cRatio with WS that has build-in Attack Penalty, so good luck with that :D

Much less (like 10%) to beat Montante +1 for Reso and around 25% to match Calad Reso with AM3.

Thanks! Knowing SE, I'm going to guess its a 0-10%, I can't imagine it being higher. Part of me wants to get it for science but... ehhhhhhh

Don't have an overly big interest in leveling ninja but it does still seem like best option. That or just getting the scythe for the lulz. With AF+3 head, rough math seems like it would add 450-1600 damage per swing which... could be amusing?
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-07-15 03:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I can tell, none of the other weapons "change" how the game works. Yagyu breaks it. Easy choice from where I'm sitting.
By Nariont 2022-07-15 03:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing SE, I'm going to guess its a 0-10%
Since its bonanza weapon I wouldnt be shocked if it could go higher, but fact it's tied to enmity feels a bit stifling

sword/katana/shield going by your jobs would probably be the best. The scythe shares a spot with the gaxe in that it's kinda interesting, but in practice probably wont be better than what's already available, flametonque/ice brand are another decent option but still below the above 3
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-15 04:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were to win a Rank1, I'd probably get Yagyu Darkblade myself, and I'm not even a particularly dedicated NIN player.
Turning Utsusemi into AoE, even if powered down, is surely a big change but at the same time I'm not sure it "breaks" the game like someone says.
Then again us FFXI players have the tendency to fall for dichotomy bias and hyperbolize things in one direction or the opposite one.

I mean, gaining enmity for each target hit by Utsusemi is a Bliss, it makes NIN likely the BiS job at gaining/mantaining enmity, but what are you gonna do with all that enmity?
Furthermore, you need people to be within 10 yalms from you. Which is not extremely narrow but not extremely wide either.

If you ask me, with Fudo Masamune C R25 MH and Yonin+Gekka up, "enmity" isn't exactely the main issue that NIN faces.
If you remember the early tests of Path C that were performed over these boards (was it Ruaumoko who did that test?) people were already hyperbolizing NIN into possibly the BiS enmity generator by simply spamming Utsusemi spells and doing nothing else.
But even in that scenario, we still fall back to the initial question: what do you do with all that enmity?

Of course nobody denies you the chance to keep using Fudo Masamune C R25 MH and Yagyu Darkblade OH, but this doesn't change what I'm trying to say.
I don't really see the "additional enmity gained by hitting other people in range" as extremely game-changing, simply because we come from a situation were NIN could already generate way more enmity than necessary.
With the "little" difference that Yagyu could put you in the enmity list of multiple targets at the same time, according to who is engaged on what, but for the nth time: as useful as this can be in theory, what does it really change in reality?

If you ask me the most interesting part of Yagyu Darkblade is for scenarios where the NIN isn't necessarily tanking, but is a DD with other melee in range.
In a scenario like this and on a target against which Shadows can be useful, then NIN brings an incredibly interesting defensive party utility.
I can't think about a plethora of situations where this would be realistically useful but in general I can see the potential in this.
But the intense excitement on the additional enmity still sounds a bit out of place to me.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-15 04:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have an overly big interest in leveling ninja but it does still seem like best option. That or just getting the scythe for the lulz. With AF+3 head, rough math seems like it would add 450-1600 damage per swing which... could be amusing?

Even assuming you can maintain 9999 HP and add 1600 to every swing (which would be hard, because you would still lose HP on WSs), Redemption with AM3 adds like 3000+ damage every round and without any special conditions beside using 3000TP Quietus once per 3min.
By SimonSes 2022-07-15 04:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing is, without Yagyu you would need to do nothing else but spam that Utsusemi and be useless otherwise. With Yagyu and whole party in range, it takes like 10-15 cast to cap CE and VE hate (depends how much enmity you want to use for cast), which you can do in like 40 sec, then you can just be a DD, make skillchains, Magic Bursts and people might go out of range too, because you no longer need them to generate enmity (or keep yourself at cap). If you tank something like Geol C, not NM, then one cast gives you enough enmity to hold hate and you can change to DD immediately instead of spamming shadows and being only a tank.
Another huge thing is gaining enmity back in fights where you have hate reset moves. With Yagyu you can gain hate back very fast and you can also provide shadows to players tanking when you lose hate. This is very game changing, because otherwise NIN has no other way to spike hate or to defensively help it's party like that.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-15 04:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget we're gonna get Foil in november.
As much as that requires the sacrifice of SJ, but if you intend to tank I don't see that as being such a major issue.
By SimonSes 2022-07-15 04:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget we're gonna get Foil in november.
As much as that requires the sacrifice of SJ, but if you intend to tank I don't see that as being such a major issue.

Again, you would need to spam it and utsusemi, being useless otherwise. It's still only good hate over time, but very low spike hate, so it's useless against hate reset.

In theory, against NM without hate reset, you could just do 10 Utsusemi cast with path C/Yagyu and enmity set and cap hate in 30-40 sec, then switch both weapons and just keep yourself at cap with DD and occasional Utsusemi for survival.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-15 04:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I'm still very unconvinced. To me the main pro of Yagyu remains the Party Utility of AoE Shadows, for content where that can make a difference, then it's gonna be awesome and I see a lot of potential in that, in theory at least.

But all the enmity thing, wether you gain it with a few casts (thanks to people in range) or through semi-constant casting (Fudo MH or Foil) it still falls back to the question: what do you do with all that enmity?
And the answer to me is that, alas, NIN has many issues if he wants to be a Tank on par with RUN and PLD, and Enmity generation is not one of them regardless of Yagyu Darkblade.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-07-15 04:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I'm still very unconvinced. To me the main pro of Yagyu remains the Party Utility of AoE Shadows, for content where that can make a difference, then it's gonna be awesome and I see a lot of potential in that, in theory at least.

But all the enmity thing, wether you gain it with a few casts (thanks to people in range) or through semi-constant casting (Fudo MH or Foil) it still falls back to the question: what do you do with all that enmity?
And the answer to me is that, alas, NIN has many issues if he wants to be a Tank on par with RUN and PLD, and Enmity generation is not one of them regardless of Yagyu Darkblade.
I share this same mindset tbh like the weapon is a cool amazing thing for nin but I don't see how it getting max hate helps the job at all. If your banking on 5 people standing inside so you can build hate back quick or so you can get hate then seems like useless item for that. Also does overriding or not overriding shows make you maintain hate? All of this is good in theory but I'm not seeing this game breaking thing people seem to see.
[+]
By Aerix 2022-07-15 09:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

How you can tell its stronger, when there is no details about it? i would say it's an exact copy of Fast Blade II, which would make it weaker version of Howling fist.

Unless while they copying it to h2h, they make it 3hit (2hit main +1 sub), then it would be stronger.

Because that's literally what it says on the JP wiki:

Quote:
In the 53rd freshly picked Vana'diel, it was announced that although it looks like a sky-sounding fist , its power has increased and its cooperation attribute is also curved ( sky-sounding fist penetrates / impacts ). Only Monk and Karakuri can equip
 Shiva.Mutih
user: mutih
By Shiva.Mutih 2022-07-15 10:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Won a rank 2 on my main. Debating between an Ashera or a Cat's Eye. I've told myself for a long time I'd immediately snag an Ashera if I won a rank 2, but now with Ody gear I'm questioning myself. I've been using aug'd Nyame Mail in my Bard TP set (Ayanmo +2 before that). NIN and MNK I use either Mpaca or Malignance usually. It fits as a hybrid body for Rune too, and probably works even better there filling Nyame into the other slots.

The odds of Bard's empy body getting DD stats are pretty low, but that's a possibility.
By SimonSes 2022-07-15 10:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't trust SE. Increased power can mean anything. Also it has probably 80% dex mod and we don't even know if they meant pre updated or post updated Howling Fist, since 53 freshly picked Vana'diel was before H2H update I think?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-15 10:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mutih said: »
The odds of Bard's empy body getting DD stats are pretty low, but that's a possibility.
You have a certain amount of time to claim your prize, not sure how much, at least 1 month?

If you care for BRD I'd go for Ashera Harness (which is pretty nice for RUN as well).
Cat's Eye is valuable but it's something you can easily obtain on your own bit by bit. Ashera Harness on the other hand could escape your grasp for YEARS potentially (look at me for instance!)
[+]
By Aerix 2022-07-15 11:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't trust SE. Increased power can mean anything. Also it has probably 80% dex mod and we don't even know if they meant pre updated or post updated Howling Fist, since 53 freshly picked Vana'diel was before H2H update I think?

The HTH update happened roughly a year before the 53rd FPV.

They wouldn't made that comment about its power randomly, so it's much safer to assume they were talking about increased power relative to current HF than to speculate it's just a copy of Fast Blade II. The only thing that's certain is that DB will have a DEX mod too.
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22