It's That Time Again!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » It's that time again!
It's that time again!
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 35 36 37
 Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2020-09-24 06:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Or maybe it's detectable but tougher to create some kind of bot to hand out the ban automatically?

It would be quite trivial to detect and ban server-side once a certain baseline of what a player using the default UI is able to achieve is established. It seems much more likely that banning people for using GS is simply not their intention.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-24 06:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmmm. Another morning, another account. <That's interesting>

More unusual activity, never had action more than once a month.

PlayOnline Registration Completed 09/12/2020 (12 days ago)
Notice of Account Suspension 4:40 AM Sep 24, 2020.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-09-24 06:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Really getting the salvage bans vibe from this. So does this make Ejiin the modern day Minidragon? And to those that were saying that if Ejiin was banned, that they would quit to teach SE a lesson... do you REALLY think SE cares? FFXI has long been one of SEs most reliable cash cows. FFXI may just be a video game, but it is owned and run by one of the top companies in the world. Do you really think that they don't report to someone higher up when they want to ban a certain percentage of accounts? Thats why the general Windower users aren't banned. I have no doubt SE knows exactly who is using Windower. But banning everyone using it would drop their player base too much. So they target RMT that know will continually make new accounts, and add in some of the more egregious users of 3rd party add-ons that circumvent the game mechanics.

And don't get it twisted, SE loves RMT. They are a reliable source of income:
1. They pay for a monthly sub
2. They provide a gil-supply service to the players that they can't, due to it making them look like they are money hungry.
3. This gil service helps to keep some more casual players playing, since instead of investing the time to get the gil/gear, they can buy it, to keep themselves relevant, and able to join into groups without being a leech. This keeps the casual players monthly subs up.
4. They can ban the RMT accounts after the monthly charges, so that the companies controlling them will buy all new accounts the same month, effectively allowing SE to double charge them that month
By Draylo 2020-09-24 06:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... how many were even suspended? The usual RMT and known botters and the surprise catch with Eijin. Doesn't seem quite widespread.

Maybe they are doing overtime because they want things to look clean for the new addon story!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-24 07:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there: be mad if you want.

They may actually be checking reports now, people got tired of reporting, volume went down, and now they can check the ones that come through. I think I got 3 people banned for botting. I threw them under the bus because they were rude and they've been gone since the 18th. Mind your manners kiddos.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2020-09-24 07:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Weird. Checked main, still there, but pulled everything until I decide it is over with.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 08:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »

Weird. Checked main, still there, but pulled everything until I decide it is over with.

i don't think there is an "over with"
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-24 08:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They do monthly bans, it's not some huge thing this month. They just got one known person and the same recurring banned people on new accounts.

The main difference between job point botters and players is, the players talk too much about what they are doing.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-09-24 08:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Memes said: »
It's nothing like Minidragon. Getting the stuff he had then was much harder and time consuming than it takes to BiS a character now. You had to have 5-17 other people to work with for you in those days too, not an army of botted mules. The only real thing he may have lost that are hard to replace is Dark Matter augments.

"Hard" is very subjective here. Gearing up 6 chars from 0, without using pos hack etc. might not be hard in a sense its easy mechanically, but it will be super time consuming. Not to mention access to Ergons is minimum 6 months. Its at least several months of grind.
By ksoze 2020-09-24 08:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Some new intern is trying to prove himself
[+]
By ksoze 2020-09-24 08:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there: be mad if you want.

They may actually be checking reports now, people got tired of reporting, volume went down, and now they can check the ones that come through. I think I got 3 people banned for botting. I threw them under the bus because they were rude and they've been gone since the 18th. Mind your manners kiddos.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Aquatiq 2020-09-24 08:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »

don't know why we needed 9 pages to figure this out
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-24 08:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html
[+]
 Asura.Blacklist
user: Sengaan
By Asura.Blacklist 2020-09-24 08:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread has made Asura Minidragon the most searched player on ffxiah..
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 08:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm not saying SE doesn't look at chat logs but i really have never seen anything to indicate that they ban based on in game conversation in the last decade.

i'm sure all of you have talked about something that is "illegal" in game at some point, if this was a giant red flag we'd all be banned.
 Asura.Blacklist
user: Sengaan
By Asura.Blacklist 2020-09-24 08:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I unhooked my Ethernet cable to hard wire PS4 for some downloads. I kinda want to pull my entertainment center out and plug it back in to check my characters. I don’t use anything but gearswap and equip viewer, allegedly, but I’m still curious.
By Felgarr 2020-09-24 08:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ksoze said: »

I say this a lot, and some folks think I have a tin-foil hat. My SE bug reports from earlier in the year were finally looked at (and dismissed as won't fix (aka "need more information", come on! really?) ...then the bans came 2 days later.

My guess is that operational support (closing bug reports, STF reports, etc) for FF11 happens 1 week every 3-6 months. Then, that poor tired person, goes back to FF14 and their mobile game...and maybe even Avengers now, if that has online component at SE? :shrug:
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 08:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

no one is getting banned for using vanilla gearswap or basic addons lol.

ejin used commands within gearswap to get other characters to perform actions, basically creating onevent within gearswap.

ejin also used anchor.

ejin also likely botted off stream as he never addresses this claim.

if you don't do stupid ***you won't get banned, but they are definitely banning for botting/automation.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-24 08:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

They ban people every month, just usually you never know who they are.
[+]
By ksoze 2020-09-24 08:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

for this amount of accounts, it's not a-lot of gil
By SimonSes 2020-09-24 08:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
ejin used commands within gearswap to get other characters to perform actions, basically creating onevent within gearswap.

Unless I have wrong info, its not that he was doing. He was using scripts, to fire off macros on few chars at the same time. It wasnt fired off based on any event. He clicked the macro to start script manually.

I also dont think he was botting off stream. My bet is on Anchor or JA0wait (he used both).
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-24 08:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wish they'd focus on the JP shout bots. That's way more toxic/annoying to the game than anything else.
[+]
 Asura.Tsm
By Asura.Tsm 2020-09-24 08:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
I just wish they'd focus on the JP shout bots. That's way more toxic/annoying to the game than anything else.

i think everyone wishes that, the aeonic/jp farming shouts are insanely obnoxious.

people here claim that reporting is getting people banned so i guess the best thing people can do is report them.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-09-24 09:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Unless I have wrong info, its not that he was doing. He was using scripts, to fire off macros on few chars at the same time. It wasnt fired off based on any event. He clicked the macro to start script manually.
He used all these addons and automations in a very public manner, and explained to others how to use them.

Quote:
I also dont think he was botting off stream. My bet is on Anchor or JA0wait (he used both).
Logistically, detecting JA0wait is difficult to do without false positives. The 350ms update interval combined with the client's ability to manipulate when the lock occurs(if you're blinking gear the lock can occur +- 1 second) means that there is a lot to account for when detecting it automatically. Even when people slide, you don't know that they didn't blink on their screen at a different time than you saw them. Perhaps you could definitively do it with abilities like dancer JA or WS, which have a longer ready time, if you changed position every 350ms for a set period, but I think it's unlikely SE is detecting JA0.

Anchor is similarly troublesome, if the S>C ws complete packet is dropped the client won't know to move you. False positives likely. That said, it's a little more finite since you're unlikely to end up at the exact same coordinates with any regularity, so you could easily detect it by volume of occurances. They'd still need to add a check after the knockback occurs, and given the nature of their server design, it's unlikely they've actually done this.

I would suspect he got banned primarily for the light he cast on the tools he uses, not the tools themselves. With SE preparing their own streamers, it's likely a community rep could have stumbled upon his stream. He's basically providing a walk through for mercing high end content with a multibox and cheats out the ***. That's reason enough to ban him.

Whether it transitions to bans for others with the same tools is hard to say. But, like I said pages ago, people are too comfortable using a gigantic pile of cheats. This idea that you can single out what they're banning for and continue to use everything else to be safe is ridiculous.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2020-09-24 09:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

did you guys know with the coalitions addon you can get ygnas and the gold shovel without having all coalitions at legend?
I dont think there is any way around the mog garden stuff though
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-09-24 09:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
did you guys know with the coalitions addon you can get ygnas and the gold shovel without having all coalitions at legend?
Yeah, let's promote more addons that can get people banned in a thread about people getting banned for having addons....
By fillerbunny9 2020-09-24 09:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Fondue said: »
Yeah, let's promote more addons that can get people banned in a thread about people getting banned for having addons....

[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2020-09-24 09:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It warms my heart to check this website and see korpg and jet shitting up threads for over 10 years

stay strong gentlemen, ffxiah needs you
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-09-24 10:00:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »

i think everyone wishes that, the aeonic/jp farming shouts are insanely obnoxious.

people here claim that reporting is getting people banned so i guess the best thing people can do is report them.

No they don't, it's a service mass numbers of people like.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 35 36 37