On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
On Healing Hands - A Comprehensive WHM Guide (v3)
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-02-11 20:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cursna+ is a multiplier on your base rate to remove doom. Your base rate is determined by your healing magic skill 26% at 500 skill basically 1% every 25 skill beyond that. Mnd and magic acc don’t come into the calculation

Chatoyant has an attribute called irradescence. When you cure during light weather you get an extra 10% multiplier that is separate from all other multipliers. /sch can keep light weather up all the time with aurorastorm
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2021-02-11 20:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome back

Asura.Raitoken said: »
What is the equivalency for +cursna? Is it Cursna+1=1 Magic acc = 2 Healing Magic skill = 3 mnd ect? I want to know because there are certain pieces I can grab but would hate to go out of my way to get them when my piece with healing skill is actually better.

BGWiki has a breakdown on how healing skill and Cursna gear react with each other, so given that a gander for your knowledge base.

Second question, how does the Chatoyant staff and obi with /sch help with potency. The guide really doesn't elaborate on it.

While you have Light Weather on you from casting Aurorastorm on yourself, the combination of Chatoyant Staff and Obi grants you an additional 20% cure power that exceeds the normal cure potency caps as it is a separate modifier to the curing formula. The weather modifier is multiplicative as well so it's a substantial boost to your cures.
[+]
 Asura.Wotasu
Server: Asura
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-12 15:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I just came back from not playing for 4 years and started a new character and had a few questions on gear.

What is the equivalency for +cursna? Is it Cursna+1=1 Magic acc = 2 Healing Magic skill = 3 mnd ect? I want to know because there are certain pieces I can grab but would hate to go out of my way to get them when my piece with healing skill is actually better.

You can use http://chiaia.optic-ice.com/Cursna.html and play with values here and see what your current set does, +10Cursna has the same effect has +80~ healing skill if you have a base 500 skill.
Pure Cursna+ is often better then any skill+ gear where you can use it it. Luckly often enough they come on the same piece.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-02-12 17:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Generally you won't go wrong with putting on the highest amount of cursna. Vanya clogs are the one exception as the healing magic skill gives more +cursna than the +5 you'd get from gendewitha +1.
By Saturnn 2021-02-13 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Was experimenting with the new Bunzi Attire set (R0) on WHM earlier. I used Indi-Acumen/Geo-Malaise/Wizard & Warlock's Roll/Aurorastorm. Not sure if Boost-MND or Boost-INT would make a difference, I was relatively hitting the same numbers with either one of them up.

Edit: Boost-MND is clearly the better option... per wiki Your text to link here...
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-02-13 12:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Also looks like that set has more attack than piety +3 at r30. So new ws pieces?
By Saturnn 2021-02-13 13:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

The stats seem very similar between the two. The only difference is that you would be more safe WS'ing in Bunzi due to 1) DT 40% for the entire set 2) Much higher MEVA. I personally wouldn't know the right answer because I don't dabble too much into WHM DD, but that's my personal opinion lol.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-02-13 14:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Every piece has 70 attack on it at r30, and piety pieces have around 61-65. So it's a little more attack on each piece. But they have less STR than Piety +3, for ws that have that modifier. More MND though. So yeah, comparable it seems. I'm not an expert in DD WHM either.
 Ragnarok.Gennss
Server: Ragnarok
user: gennss
By Ragnarok.Gennss 2021-02-13 18:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Saturnn said: »

Was experimenting with the new Bunzi Attire set (R0) on WHM earlier. I used Indi-Acumen/Geo-Malaise/Wizard & Warlock's Roll/Aurorastorm. Not sure if Boost-MND or Boost-INT would make a difference, I was relatively hitting the same numbers with either one of them up.

How do the burst numbers compare to the sets in the guide for mab?
By Saturnn 2021-02-13 19:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gennss said: »
Saturnn said: »

How do the burst numbers compare to the sets in the guide for mab?

Very good question. I only have a Helios set for an OA build on my BLM, and another set with Pet Augments for my SMN. I believe the guide is utilizing max MaB & MB I augments for Helios... both of these sets will help you cap MB I @ 40% however Bunzi provides more MaB, INT, and Magic Damage. If you R30 the hands, you gain MB II +6 which is also pretty nice. I would test the Helios set within this guide if I could, however I'm pretty low on Mellidopt Wings and really don't want to invest in stones and hand them over to Oseem Jr haha.

Edit: I'm a derp, MND is what I meant. INT does not help improve dmg output. My apologies.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-02-13 20:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

how the hell does whm do more than 100 dmg with these spells? o.O
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2021-02-13 22:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said: »

While you have Light Weather on you from casting Aurorastorm on yourself, the combination of Chatoyant Staff and Obi grants you an additional 20% cure power that exceeds the normal cure potency caps as it is a separate modifier to the curing formula. The weather modifier is multiplicative as well so it's a substantial boost to your cures.

So if I'm understanding it right, I can cap cure potency I @50%, get say 20% potency II and another additive 20% from usingthose 2 when healing in midcast correct? I see why people suggest it if that is the case. I assume the staff is 10% and the obi is another 10%?
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-13 22:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So if I'm understanding it right, I can cap cure potency I @50%, get say 20% potency II and another additive 20% from usingthose 2 when healing in midcast correct? I see why people suggest it if that is the case. I assume the staff is 10% and the obi is another 10%?
Yes depending on weather/day
Code
10% bonus for magic of the day
10% bonus for magic matching single weather
20% bonus for magic matching single weather and day
25% bonus for magic matching double weather
35% bonus for magic matching double weather and day
Will also gain an equivalent negative bonuses during opposing day/weather

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Hachirin-no-Obi
Code
    "Iridescence" increases the potency bonus from weather effects by an additional 10%.
        Under this effect, the single weather potency bonus becomes 20% and the double weather bonus becomes 35%.
        Elemental Obis will force the combined Iridescence/Weather proc.
        Iridescence has no effect on day potency bonus/procs.
    Has the following hidden effects:
        All elements: Magic Potency +15%
        All elements: Magic Accuracy +30
        All elements: Avatar and spirit perpetuation cost -3

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Chatoyant_Staff
 Asura.Dibble
user: Dibble
By Asura.Dibble 2021-02-14 11:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Hachirin-no-Obi forces the -0.1 on Darksday, which cancels out the Single Weather 0.1 bonus from the Obi, is Chatoyant Staff still worth it with just 0.1 from Iridescence and 0.05 (from Cape)?
By Rive016 2021-02-14 13:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dibble said: »
ince Hachirin-no-Obi forces the -0.1 on Darksday, which cancels out the Single Weather 0.1 bonus from the Obi, is Chatoyant Staff still worth it with just 0.1 from Iridescence and 0.05 (from Cape)?

weather casted on you or someone else overrites the current weather in game (Which is why you would want to cast Aurastorm on RNGs with mythics in Dyna) so yes its still worth it
VIP
By Lili 2021-02-14 14:36:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Rive016 said: »
ince Hachirin-no-Obi forces the -0.1 on Darksday, which cancels out the Single Weather 0.1 bonus from the Obi, is Chatoyant Staff still worth it with just 0.1 from Iridescence and 0.05 (from Cape)?

weather casted on you or someone else overrites the current weather in game (Which is why you would want to cast Aurastorm on RNGs with mythics in Dyna) so yes its still worth it

He talking about day malus, not weather

Anyway the answer is yes
darksday: -10% (forced by obi)
aurorastorm: +10% (forced by obi)
iridescence: +10%
still coming out on top, and multiplicative with everything else
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-02-19 05:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

1. Should I be getting a ambu cape for whm?
1a. If yes, what's my ideal curing cape(s)?

I use moonlight for idle, so can skip an idle cape.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-19 05:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
1. Should I be getting a ambu cape for whm?
1a. If yes, what's my ideal curing cape(s)?

I use moonlight for idle, so can skip an idle cape.
My 1st was mnd macc/mdmg & fast cast.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-19 19:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated the GEO+WHM DPS spreadsheet with the Bunzi stuff from Odyssey.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-02-20 21:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a lua that equips a different cursna set based on whether the person you're casting on has curse or doom? Or at least a lua with different casting modes I can switch between for cursna?
My lua seems to have lines in it that pertain to this, but it doesn't seem to be working and only casts whatever my sets.midcast.cursna set is whether I'm curing doom or curse. (It doesn't seem to equip my cursna.accession set either, always just my midcast cursna set).
Code
party_buffs = {}
function party_buff_change(party_member,name,gain,buff)
    if name == 'doom' and gain then
        party_buffs[party_member.name] = name
    elseif name == 'doom' and gain == false then
        if table.containskey(party_buffs, party_member.name) then
            party_buffs[party_member.name] = nil
        end
    end
end
function check_player_for_doom(target) 
    if table.containskey(party_buffs, target) then
        if  player.sub_job == "DNC" or  player.sub_job == "NIN" then
            return sets.midcast.Yagdoom
		elseif buffactive.Accession then 
			return sets.midcast.Cursna.Accession
        else
            return sets.midcast.doom
        end
    else
        return sets.midcast.Cursna
    end
end
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-02-20 21:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's possible to differentiate based on someone elses debuff, but really, you're trying to save like half a second recast? Just cast cursna in the doom set.

Unless it will work with partybuffs, never cared enough to cast in a specifically not doomed cursna set.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-02-20 21:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's possible to have a casting mode for the spell, which allows me the switch between Yagrush and Gambanteinn, that'd work just as well. Yagrush/Gamb would really be the only difference in the set.
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-20 22:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Selindrile uses
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, spellMap, eventArgs)
if spell.english == 'Cursna' then
			if (player.sub_job == 'NIN' or player.sub_job == 'DNC') and sets.midcast.DWCursna then
				equip(sets.midcast.DWCursna)
			elseif state.Gambanteinn.value and item_available('Gambanteinn') then
				equip({main="Gambanteinn"})
			end
		end

(not full code)
Then I have a macro with
Code
/console gs c toggle Gambanteinn

Im dont know if there is something else in their lua's which handles it as well tho c.c
[+]
 Shiva.Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2021-02-20 22:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm yeah, I'd probably just switch to Selindrile's whole lua to avoid issues.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-02-25 09:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lili said: »
Rive016 said: »

He talking about day malus, not weather

Anyway the answer is yes
darksday: -10% (forced by obi)
aurorastorm: +10% (forced by obi)
iridescence: +10%
still coming out on top, and multiplicative with everything else

Irridescence does not factor day at all. It is only weather. So the day doesn't matter at all when considering Chatoyant staff. If you don't have light weather or aurorastorm, it's usually better to use a different weapon when curing.
 Asura.Raitoken
user: raitoken
By Asura.Raitoken 2021-02-27 01:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I've been working on my WHM a lot these last 2 weeks and am ready to heal some endgame. Have a few questions though.

What is everyone using to see debuffs? I guess SE put a built in one that is tiny next to the minimap I turned on but I've also seen one where people have big names and a list of buffs to the right of the chat boxes. I couldn't find it in windower addons or plugins though.

Next, how are you all macroing your alt and ctrl line? I only have Cure 3/5/6 and curaga 3/5 on a macro. Should I be using anything else? I've been making a custom macro for status removal depending on content but I need to make a button to switch macro bars for bar spells and common status ailments.

For protect and shell do I wanted skill or anything to buff them other than enhancing duration? Right now I just use full telchine set and got 49 min pro/shell.

Any input would help! TIA :P
 Asura.Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-02-27 02:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so I've been working on my WHM a lot these last 2 weeks and am ready to heal some endgame. Have a few questions though.

What is everyone using to see debuffs? I guess SE put a built in one that is tiny next to the minimap I turned on but I've also seen one where people have big names and a list of buffs to the right of the chat boxes. I couldn't find it in windower addons or plugins though.

Next, how are you all macroing your alt and ctrl line? I only have Cure 3/5/6 and curaga 3/5 on a macro. Should I be using anything else? I've been making a custom macro for status removal depending on content but I need to make a button to switch macro bars for bar spells and common status ailments.

For protect and shell do I wanted skill or anything to buff them other than enhancing duration? Right now I just use full telchine set and got 49 min pro/shell.

Any input would help! TIA :P
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55168/xivparty-party-list-addon-for-windower-4/ is the one with big names/debuffs on screen.
The other option is PartyBuffs https://github.com/KenshiDRK/Addons/tree/master/PartyBuffs which is mentioned at the end of the guide.
As for macros that's personal preference.
I have on alt 1-4 c3-6, 5 erase then para stona silena cursna.
Ctrl 1-4 curaga 3-6 then various others, like haste, regen4.
By DaneBlood 2021-02-27 19:18:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Fill in the rest with ConserverMP.
you should have a nopotency gear sts that are for spells with no potency that any other set fill in its blank spots from

ItemSet 377720

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24